Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (114965 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? / What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 6:40am On Jun 10, 2009
No Shit, I am six years old and i don't understand what you are saying. I mean if u go to Australia there will be a higher percentage of people satisfied with life than in America or UK

America is better than Australia in many ways but Australia is a country for the entire population in the truest sense while the best of America is only accessible by the wealthy.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oyinda3(f): 6:46am On Jun 10, 2009
Cheesy Aussy Aussy Aussy, oi oi oi. I dey down and under too. I am in Adelaide. Australia in very nice. To think they paid me nearly $5000 tax free to have a baby. Its crazy!

are they suffering from underpopulation in australia or what?

dblock:

America is better than Australia in many ways but Australia is a country for the entire population in the truest sense while the best of America is only accessible by the wealthy.

the best of every country is accessible only to the VIPs so I dun get u. US> Aus
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2009
I mean people live better in Australia than in America

GOogle it
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2009
dblock:

I mean people live better in Australia than in America
GOogle it

come on, thats a no brainer.
some people live better in the US while some people live better in Australia. to say that people live better anywhere is a lie.
it depends on what a person's idea of "better life" is. some people like the country side lifestyle while other would prefer the city living. some people might say that having free and easy access health care is important while other would say that just being able to get a job is a criteria for "better"
the cat that left law school, moved to some suburb in the US, got a great job and is living comfortably will probably tell you that life there is the bomb.
while the person who entered illegally and has been suffering to even get a daily meal would tell you that the place suck.
i have seen brothas suffering in either countries.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2009
I am talking about statistics.

Not opinions

It is a fact that people live better in Canada than in America for example.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oyinda3(f): 1:30am On Jun 12, 2009
I still prefer US though. US has more diversity and more options for a lot of things

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 12, 2009
dblock:

Not opinions
It is a fact that people live better in Canada than in America for example.

statistics based on what criterias, from whose point of view and which country?
this is the same old debattable subject of "one mans junk is another mans treasure"
it will always be down to individual, look what the poster before me just wrote.
even if Australia was a bed of roses there would still be people who feel that the US is better in every way.

as for your statistic let me give you three links with "statistics" for you to understand what i mean by, its all down to individual:

2009 best country to live in list: on this list France is first, US is thiord while Australia is 5th
http://www.il-ireland.com/il/qofl2009/

and in this crisis period we can also have a look at the Forbes best country for business in 2009: Denmark is 1st, US is 2nd while Australia is 8th
http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/18/best-countries-for-business-bizcountries09-business-washington-best-countries.html

and if we look at it through the best cities in the world then Sydney, Melbourne and Perth are well ahead of any US city
http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html

so i wouldnt take any statistic for granted and rather use our own personal judgment based on the experiences we had living in these countries.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 7:01am On Jun 13, 2009
What nonsensical links are those.

I am talking about real census stuff you are bringing up surveys.

I would rather lose an argument and risk being portrayed an idiot than argue that water is H20 and prove to be an idiot. It is irrefutable that Australia is a better country than America but that is the last I am going to say on that matter.

If It is something that is not dubious I wouldn't mind debating but this is not contentious.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oyinda3(f): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2009
dblock:

What nonsensical links are those.

I am talking about real census stuff you are bringing up surveys.

I would rather lose an argument and risk being portrayed an idiot than argue that water is H20 and prove to be an idiot. It is irrefutable that Australia is a better country than America but that is the last I am going to say on that matter.

If It is something that is not dubious I wouldn't mind debating but this is not contentious.

you asked for statistics and he gave you statistics. undecided

dblock:

Not opinions

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 7:36am On Jun 13, 2009
I can't be bothered if he thinks he is right then good luck with him. grin grin

What is Unemployment in America
What is Unemployment in Australia

Do you know what Australia is the last country of the Western countries to still have the Welfare system structured as generously as it is in Australia.

I don't want to sit here arguing like I could care less, there is nothing to argue.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oyinda3(f): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2009
really there isn't anything to argue.
australians prefer australia; americans prefer america. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2009
tsskkkkk

America is an Economy that is the only thing it has that's better than any country.

It is the world's largest economy that is it!!!!

World's largest economy doesn't feed all the poor people in America. How many poor people are there in Australia.

Compare the crime rate in America to Australia. What is the average income in America compared to Australia.

America is a giga economy but don't misconstrue that with good living.

There are places in Nigeria and situations in Nigeria that are better than some places in America, that is just economics. but generally speaking, Manhattan Aside, Wall Street Aside, Hollywood Aside, Disneyland aside, What does America have? Australia has less Unemployment, Less Crime, More money to go round, better jobs for everyone, no ghettos like the ones in Los Angeles. Better laws, less racism, better cities.

So yeah America is the World's Largest Economy but that is where it ends, When China takes over what will America have?

I am just talking here, but don't let me bring out the real statistics.

I have been to America and Britain and you cannot compare them to Australia.

6 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2009
@dblock
please give us the links to YOUR so called statistics and then you can stop raving because what you are talking about is just what you think. Australia has a smaller population but believe me, whatever bullshit you get in US(or any other place on the globe), you will get in Oz plus the extra weekend bashing, in a smaller scale of course since its a smaller population.
you dont even understand english brotha.
you are the one who first compared Australia with the US/UK not me, and now you are bitching about the fact that its a bigger economy(some people judge "best countries" by how big/good their economy is). you want to compare the crime numbers in OZ vs US? US is 300mill deep while OZ is 20mill. so if you want to compare them, you have to do so PER CAPITA, not by numbers. do you want me to give you the link to that little statistic too? you would be surprized how high Australia is on that list!

i just gave you factual statistics. you can call it what you want they are statistics. what i  was doing was showing you that through facts, that some leading establishments believe that other countries are better than Australia.

read my earlier post and you will see that I believe that Australia is better, but that is because of what i have experienced and has absolutely nothing to do with bullshit statistics. i talk about something i know not involving facts that wont back my claims. but if you have any statistic made by leading newspapers or better then show them to us.
this debate is boring, what i am trying to show you is that believe what you want to believe and stop trying to shout about something that you will never be able to prove.
some people judge a BEST country by their economy. others by how cheap a loaf of bread is, some by how easy life is, and even some judge a best country by how easy it is to enter and marry their locals to get a resident permit.
you seem to have a complex over the US because that is what you only want to talk about, grow uo, its just a country like any other!
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oyinda3(f): 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2009
but generally speaking, Manhattan Aside, Wall Street Aside, Hollywood Aside, Disneyland aside, What does America have?

have u ever been in the US? the fact that you add disneyland to the list makes it obvious that you're making your argument based on what u watch on TV. disneyland should probably be the last on the list of what makes America a solid economy undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by C2H5OH(f): 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2009
Lol funny shit.

She's just mad she's not in America. grin Disneyland ko, waterworld ni.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2009
Yehh Ive been to America its a nice place.

Miami, Los Angeles New York etc.

But America has never been better than Australia.

It is like saying Britain is better than Belgium.

Id rather go to Belgium where there are more jobs, less crime and a better standard of living.

You are judging a country based on things that Most Americans have no access to.

Why don't you go to the Ghettos in America and ask them if they are happy with America
or ask one of the Widows how are husband got shot in a drive by
In Australia if I get shot right now, it will be on the news and there will be an outrage
In America if I get shot, "Just another brother gunned down"

Unemployment in Australia is single digit Unemployment in America is Double Digit

You don't have to go to Iraq to see real violence go to the ghettos of America.

Wetin be America

Some of your American Ghettos

[img]http://bp3.blogger.com/_QFYHbP3B98s/SFVy8ZmHajI/AAAAAAAAAAY/eb-JN116Y2s/s320/usa-00025.jpg
[/img]

[img]http://thelastgringo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/gang-prison-tattoos.jpg
[/img]

[img]http://meaningfuldistractions.files./2008/06/gang-member.jpg
[/img]

THERE IS NO GHETTO IN AUSTRALIA.

There are low income units and there is the outback but that is about it

If I ever see anything like this in Australia I will NEVER POST on this forum again

I have seen Ghettos in Los Angeles with my own eyes, so don't give me that bull shit about I saw this or that on TV.

Are you saying Australia is better than Australia because of this

Nahh Hollywood man go chop?

This is just a strip tease the Real Stats might be coming soon, depending on if I have to use it or not.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2009
Australia seems fine. Never been there and can't really be bothered.
Its funny though how and why some people will deny living there with their last blood. undecided
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2009
see dude living among descendants of convicted hardened criminals  (australia is a former penal colony) making noise  cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2009
People living with descendants of slaves are not complaining. wink

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by netwmarket: 4:04am On Jun 16, 2009
Australia Skilled Migration: http://www.aumarbles.com/blog/archives/1

Check if your skill is listed in the Sponsorship Eligibility List

Download the DIAC Booklet 6: General Skilled Migration

You must register for International English Language Testing System - IELTS. You must score at least 6.5 band

Update your resume (CV) with your work experience and achievements.

Apply for your transcript from your college or University

Apply for skills assessment based on your qualification. You will
submit original copy of IELTS result, original of school transcript and
updated resume (CV).

Apply to any of the listed States below for sponsorship. They will require your updated resume (CV), IELTS and
skills assessment result. You will be issued with a state sponsorship
letter
1. New South Wales
2. Australia Capital Territory
3. Western Australia
4. Victoria
5. Tasmania
6. South Australia

Finally apply for VISA through Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
They will require state sponsorship letter, birth certificate, IELTS
and skills assessment results, medicals, Police clearance etc

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by amebono11: 11:06am On Jun 16, 2009
na america be dat abi na ajegunle? shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
Trust me man America is a nice place everyone knows that.

I wanna move to Miami some time in the future.

but honestly speaking the standard of living in Australia is better overall.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oyinda3(f): 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2009
dblock:

Yehh Ive been to America its a nice place.

Miami, Los Angeles New York etc.

But America has never been better than Australia.

It is like saying Britain is better than Belgium.

Id rather go to Belgium where there are more jobs, less crime and a better standard of living.

You are judging a country based on things that Most Americans have no access to.

Why don't you go to the Ghettos in America and ask them if they are happy with America
or ask one of the Widows how are husband got shot in a drive by
In Australia if I get shot right now, it will be on the news and there will be an outrage
In America if I get shot, "Just another brother gunned down"

Unemployment in Australia is single digit Unemployment in America is Double Digit

You don't have to go to Iraq to see real violence go to the ghettos of America.

Wetin be America

ok I see what you mean.
but I think you underestimate US though.
those pics you post are VERY rare to come across in US. and you saying to come to US to see violence rather than Iraq, that's just lipsrsealed when you visited the US, where did you stay?
You also have to consider that Australia is WAY less diverse than the US. with like 90% white, 8% asian and less than 1% black. of course there will be higher overall standard of living. lol
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by mamagee3(f): 12:59am On Jun 17, 2009
,amebo no1:

na america be dat abi na ajegunle? shocked shocked shocked shocked

How would you know? when your mom is still very busy Zap.i.n.g. robert grin grin grin
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by mamba74(m): 5:09am On Jun 20, 2009
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by tunnytox(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2009
netwmarket:

Australia Skilled Migration: http://www.aumarbles.com/blog/archives/1

Check if your skill is listed in the Sponsorship Eligibility List

Download the DIAC Booklet 6: General Skilled Migration

You must register for International English Language Testing System - IELTS. You must score at least 6.5 band

Update your resume (CV) with your work experience and achievements.

Apply for your transcript from your college or University

Apply for skills assessment based on your qualification. You will
submit original copy of IELTS result, original of school transcript and
updated resume (CV).

Apply to any of the listed States below for sponsorship. They will require your updated resume (CV), IELTS and
skills assessment result. You will be issued with a state sponsorship
letter
1. New South Wales
2. Australia Capital Territory
3. Western Australia
4. Victoria
5. Tasmania
6. South Australia

Finally apply for VISA through Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
They will require state sponsorship letter, birth certificate, IELTS
and skills assessment results, medicals, Police clearance etc

Brilliant write up but i'll say you missed a rather very important step, for any immigrant to be considered for Australian immigration under any skilled category you MUST first nominate an occupation. Nominating an occupation means stating what your occupation is, secondly your occupation MUST be in the ASCO occupation list and thirdly you must have your qualification assesed by an approved body. For instance if you claimed to be an accountant you must have your Bsc degree or ICAN certificate assesed by any of: CPA Austraila, NIA australia or ICAA. If you get a favourable assesment that your qualification can be adjudged to be equal to an Australian degree ONLY then you can start all these processes you higlighted above. However, let me assure you that most Nigerian qualification never get these favourable assesment sad. anyone who fails to do this is bound to face a brickwall in his application. Also the most authentic website to gather infomation is the Department of Immigration and Indigenous Affairs and their website is www.immi.gov.au all other websites also gather info from this site.

However, for me I'll never consider Australia (except I'm left with no choice) for the following reasons
1. Its just tooooooo far!
2. Its wheather is soo wierd
3. Too many insects and wierd creatures
4. Can't swim in shark infested beach! nor in the crocodile infested rivers grin
5. I'm sure Naija food will be scarce there
6. Very terrible immigration officials - if you doubt me pls watch 'Nothing to Declare' on living TV - (If you live in the UK) I'm sure after watching it you'll not want to go there.
and many more that I cannot remember now grin
Anyway goodluck to all those aspiring to go aussies

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by naijaway(m): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2009
There are better places with their own niches in the world including naija. But to me, the USA is the best prospect especially if u'r a citizen or legalized; that idea is somehow shaky ever since George Bush blurred peoples dreams but hopefully not too bad by God's grace. I respect australia, sweden, switzerland, even SA but they are no match in terms of land mass, people, migration, economy, diversity, global security, university education, work experience, etc. I love the USA right after Nigeria and is only because naija is my zone. In the US: there is no person from any local govt in the world that isn't present in america at anytime; there would be no where in the world for a very long time that would elect an african descent even if he/she is a mixed to their highest office excerpt the USA; there would be no where in the world for a while to match the US superpower not even china and russia combined cuz the US can thwart their offensive by causing infighting in their own countries and launching offensives from many islands close to them from land, sea, and air, and for every technology they bring if very important the USA can bring a thousand modified ones if they deem it important.
  As for china, them levels never reach anywhere. How can a dictatorship supporter and itself a dictatorship even rule the world, lie lie. They would try their best but no chance with their current system and even if they change, the world would be weary of them. They don't have the skills yet. Yankee might be borrowing from them but that doesn't mean anything with their mostly fake products. One quality is better than many fake quantities. That's why japan is even a don to most of them there. China reminds me of all these chiefs and traditional rulers in naija, they want change but won't sacrifice for the best change. America has no replacement yet for many years to come and even if it starts to get hard and insecurity steps in, America can still combine with canada just like european union and now that is what I call over mega power. Is lonely at the top and is nature to try to get to the top; but is also nature to maintain the status at the top. China never sort india finish na america she wan try, dem neva chop belleful yet make them watch. I respect India better than china in terms of education and quality eventho china peps are huslers. Nigeria will even make it better than china in the next 50yrs if china doesn't change her human rights record and nigeria heeds her mistakes.
   Back to the subject, I think australia and new zealand are places to reckon with, and are good places to live and serve as world options for america, UK, france, switzerland, canada, austria, denmark, finland, etc  But if russia or china wan maja them, they know who to turn to because facing them is suicidial eventho they can try.  I love australia by the way.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by maboitan: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2009
real statistics:

Australia gross national income per capita: $28,780
united stated gross national income per capita: $37,750

population of Australia: about 21 million
population of United States: about 300 million
population of California: about 38 million

and youre either dumb, naive or just lying if you think the only thing the US has to offer is new york, los angeles or san francisco. The United States has two coast lines of beautiful, diverse beaches, not to mention alaska. The US has 58 national parks from california to new york to alaska. You can experience sunny, warm weather in the same day as snowing weather. It has tropical weather, dry weather, wet weather, deserts, plains, mountains, beaches, estuaries, ever glades, bayou's, wetlands, the United States literally has everything, open your eyes, and a book.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2009
There goes another immigrant wannabee American.

Siddon Look Mode.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by maboitan: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2009
Born in Daly City California, grew up in Redwood City California, went to college in Los Angeles California, went to graduate school in San Francisco California, now live in Millbrae California. Not a "wannabee" American, sorry.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 4:35am On Jul 04, 2009
Then Clap for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.