Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (114968 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? / What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oyinda3(f): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2009
maboitan:

population of Australia: about 21 million
population of United States: about 300 million
population of California: about 38 million

lol
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by royalsoul7: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2009
It doesn't matter what anybody think but one think i know and is proven is that Australia is a nice place to be even recently couple of my friends just move down here from the states so if anyone think this is not right let him visit the two countries and judge for himself
thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by babyme(f): 3:03am On Sep 09, 2009
hmmmm what do nigerians think of australia, hmmm, wat was that, oh yeah!!!! we DONT think of australia shocked
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by crown007: 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2009
For sure Nigerians do think about Australia. Really an educative tread so far.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by yoruba: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
I guess you guys are also forgot that everyday Australians are racist and xenophobic(i.e. protest in Australia Day last year) and that they almost wiped an entire race of Aborigines.

The island Australia was originally an island were the British army sent prisoners into that country and used it to hold prisoners. That country is full of rednecks which is evident in there genes.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by tunnytox(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2009
yoruba:

I guess you guys are also forgot that everyday Australians are racist and xenophobic(i.e. protest in Australia Day last year) and that they almost wiped an entire race of Aborigines.

The island Australia was originally an island were the British army sent prisoners into that country and used it to hold prisoners. That country is full of rednecks which is evident in there genes.

That's no news, there's racism everywhere even Nigerians don't like each other and if you think Australians are xenophobic what about Russia, Ukraine and even South Africa and Ghana, some ppl even said in Thailand they eat black ppl yet Nigerians still go there, i think one devil is better than the other, Australia is far better than most countries even in Europe.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by yoruba: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2009
tunnytox:

That's no news, there's racism everywhere even Nigerians don't like each other and if you think Australians are xenophobic what about Russia, Ukraine and even South Africa and Ghana, some ppl even said in Thailand they eat black ppl yet Nigerians still go there, i think one devil is better than the other, Australia is far better than most countries even in Europe.
I hear you, but have you ever heard of what they did to the Aborigines, I think its the worst genocide in human history(even worse than what Hitler did to the Jews) but they act as if they have a perfect clean history. Dont get it twisted on the outside Australia seems like a good place with good people but its just a country full of rednecks. I would rather go to New Zealand.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by tureal(m): 2:04am On Nov 10, 2009
any nigerian living in brisbane, pls i will love to friends am geting bored here, hola bck soon
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dblock(m): 10:56am On Nov 10, 2009
i dey for brisbane man,
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by tureal(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
hey dblock! dats nice to hear, pls mail me on sam21vers1@yahoo.com, i really need to talk 2 9ja man
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by mamagee3(f): 1:42am On Feb 03, 2010
Nigerians think Australia is a beautiful country filled with good people.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by princekevo(m): 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
MIGRATION AGENT:

Australia is a great country. As a Nigerian who has lived and worked in all the continents of the world ( excluding South America) Australia in my opinion is simply the best place to live and raise kids.

I am married to an Australian and work as a lawyer and migration agent. If you are looking for reliable and inexpensive migration consulting advice, go to our website on www.daluch.com or send an email to migrationagent@daluch.com

Haiz, i sent you an email for some enquiries. Please get back to me soon.Thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 05, 2010
Aussie?

I love it, it's hot enough all year round for you to be able to get brown! wink
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by bumax: 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2010
Good day,
I am currently about to apply for a student visa to Australia.I am from Nigeria,i'll like to know what are the chances of me getting the visa what with the recent stringent visa measures being pushed by the immigration minister,

Secondly,how much exactly would you advise me to lodge in my account as proof that i can meet up with the financial requirements. Is the money to be lodged in my account or in my sponsors account.

Thirdly,i'm from an English speaking country, How important is the IELTS in the visa application, are they going to waive it for people like me, whose lingua franca is english?

Thank you.looking forward to response soon.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by ceasyc(f): 2:31am On Feb 21, 2010
wow nice country n pix
now added to d list of more countries to visit
by God's grace
dont care if d flight takes 3 days
love travelling especially by air
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by polynesian(f): 2:20pm On May 08, 2010
@dblock

I agree with all ur comments in regards to this thread.
Very good,so true.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by pinklady40: 12:05am On May 13, 2010
australia is a nice place to visit was there for a year but dont see my self staying there racism is too much there.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 1:05am On May 13, 2010
iyeayo said:

I am not in support of racism, but if you see what these so called 'refugees' are doing here, you will almost regret being a black person. Let me tell you one truth, those refugees don't pay rent,they have concession for everything so they pay 50% less for everything, they are paid forthnightly for doing absolutely nothing, its free 'everything' for them. The government spends so much of tax payers' money to keep this 'refugees' well. I work hard 40hrs a week and 30% of my income goes to feeding a lazy bone. But what the government gets in return is laziness and violence from these people, they spend the money on big cars and heavy necklaces, but they will never learn to speak English, let alone work for money. They simply don't want to INTEGRATE!. Just when its a Thursday, you will see them in a queue at the family office waiting to collect their dole.

Go to this link and see for yourself http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,,24641248-5006301,00.html

Now tell me if you are 'the government' what will be your judgement   I rest my case.

Please, just shut your trap and quit embarrassing yourself. Just because you are lucky to find a job in Australia doesn't mean you should come here to bad-mouth those not so opportuned owing to visa, education, and language difficulties (You ARE lucky because  you're reasonably educated from an English speaking country. No one demanded YOU  learn to speak and write fluent Chinese with no money in the pocket, to get a regular paid job).

Truly some of you diasporans need to develop your brainpower.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by bumax: 4:42am On May 29, 2010
pinky hi, i'm planning to go do my masters in Australia, would like u to give my some pointers as regards ur one year experience, from the time u applied 4 visa, to booking ur ticket, making arrangement 4 accomodation etc, the whole gist,
thanx.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by bumax: 4:44am On May 29, 2010
this is my mail addie, bufoobi@yahoo.co.uk
Thanx,
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by jani30: 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2010
can anyone tell me about life in new zealand? just got a visa to study
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by AjanleKoko: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2010
I'm planning to visit Australia on vacation sometime within the next four years.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Rocktation(f): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
OK i guess. But i definitely don't dig the intonation there is, in the english they speak. Plus, i really believe there's a marked number of racists over there, as opposed to places like the U.S and even England.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by jani30: 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2010
please can anyone tell me about newzealand? which airline goes there.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by tunnytox(m): 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2010
jani30:

please can anyone tell me about newzealand? which airline goes there.

Emirates!
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 14, 2010
For details about Australia visit www.touristvisas.info
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by JagaJaga1: 2:21am On Jul 15, 2010
@bumax They need IELTS. Your visa application is sebt to south Africa through DHL
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by mysisi(f): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2010
ROSSIKE:

iyeayo said:

Please, just shut your trap and quit embarrassing yourself. Just because you are lucky to find a job in Australia doesn't mean you should come here to bad-mouth those not so opportuned owing to visa, education, and language difficulties (You ARE lucky because  you're reasonably educated from an English speaking country. No one demanded YOU  learn to speak and write fluent Chinese with no money in the pocket, to get a regular paid job).

Truly some of you diasporans need to develop your brainpower.

This is the problem of a typical looser. So you support the fact that these people tend to abuse the privileges given to them and in return made it difficult for others to easily get visas or residency? Anyway if he is lucky to go to school,  those lazy layabouts should encourage themselves to go to school too so oneday they will be like him.

people with magomago life sha I thank God that not all leaders are like yours that accept the anything goes theory. Just get the fact,  In AUSTRALIA NOT ANYTHING GOES period.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by mcse2000: 5:58am On Oct 19, 2010
this is the best lesson ever for africans to understand what is the mentality of the people in civilized countries.do you have any excuse for having the streets so dirty?who teach you to use the streets as toilets?is the poverty an excuse?every european coming to africa is shocked of the dirt on the streets.and it will be always like this.coz you don't care.thank god you need visa to come in europe,otherwise everything it will be devasted. shocked

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by OmoTier1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
Look those of you planning of relocating to Australia, I can only but pity you guys! Yes you can go there and see Kanngy ( aka Kangerooo) but to stay there, meh you must be kidding!

Australia = Racism capital of the world! Besides, if your profession isnt in Health or Construction/Minning, you better just remain where you are! They really do not have anything else to offer. The racism of an aussie is like a wizzie perfume and most aussies have a closed world mentality i.e. all te know or care about is their little australia!

To prove to you that it is not a distination of choice, the Australia government has spent millions of Australian dollars to promote the country to professionals with ( what I would say very flexible visa requirements compared to that of the UK) yet Australia is not a destination of choice for young/middle age professionals. Yes the places looks sparky clean like a squikky bum bum but hey, there's more to Australia than blue beaches and blue skies!

In terms of racism, these are the top four countries. 1. Australia 2. Canada 3. South Africa 4. New Zealand

Hmmmm, few years left for me to enjoy UK and relocate to the fastest emerging/frontier market in the world! (my beloved Naija 4 life)

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by tunnytox(m): 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
@omo tier 1
where do you get you statistics/info from about racism in Canada? Canada is very multicultural your idea of racism is alien to me may be you can explain better.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by sbo(m): 4:04am On Nov 02, 2010
@All,

there's a thriving Nigerian community here in Brisbane. We recently celebrated the Nigerian independence day last october.

The Association organises lots of events every year. For more information and in order to be included on our database, please send an email to naqueensland@yahoo.com. You can also join us on facebook at 'Naqueensland'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.