Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (114975 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? / What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
hello evry1, wld b applyin 4 an aussie student visa come feb 2011. Hv gotten an offer already. know abt sendin my application 2 their embassy in S.A as wel. Jst wanna know hw strict they r wen it comes 2 givin student visas, i.e do they bounce nigerians often  , cuz it seems nigerians r quite few in oz compared 2 oda countries.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dammy1102(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2010
Am thinking of relocating to Australia too in June 2011 on student visa.

A school in the U.S also sent me I-20 form for visa, Am just confused a bit, but i really want Australia though am yet to apply for Visa for

both countries.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Hoodrat(m): 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2010
Yes I agree to racsm in australia
I red a post on internet some months ago about a zimbabwean living with hiv and had slept with 11 aussie woman and they posted the man pictures everywhere before people got to know it was a racsm act
The government are in support of racsm
The post was later taken off the internet when it was reported as forces but they aussue issued out a warningg on having sex with black,aint this crazy?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2010
dammy1102:

Am thinking of relocating to Australia too in June 2011 on student visa.

A school in the U.S also sent me I-20 form for visa, Am just confused a bit, but i really want Australia though am yet to apply for Visa for

both countries.

Undergraduate or postgraduate? Besides what course are you going in for?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dammy1102(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ Tony

Postgraduate, Master's degree in Business for information systems.

What's up with you too?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 07, 2010
@ dammy

diploma (mech eng), and after that, hopefully a degree. Anyway, have you tried applying to a school in australia? or U stilll going with your US plan?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dammy1102(m): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2010
@Tony.

I have been admitted to the school already, since 30 june 2010, but the school starts july 2011,

I was also advised to write IELTS exam, i just picked the result last week, i scored 7/9.

The embassy needs your IELTS result, atleast 6.0 in everyband.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dammy1102(m): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2010
i scored 7.0 in IELTS
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2010
Yeah yeah, done ielts already. Got my result like last month. Overall band score 7.5; man! dat writin section almost effd me up. Got carried away while doin part 1, 4gettin 1 gets more marks 4 part 2. Its all gud sha. Anyway, which part (city) of oz is ur uni located in? N wen r u startin ur visa app? Heard d whole thing takes abt 3 mnths or so,
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dammy1102(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2010
tony_runo:

Yeah yeah, done ielts already. Got my result like last month. Overall band score 7.5; man! dat writin section almost effd me up. Got carried away while doin part 1, 4gettin 1 gets more marks 4 part 2. Its all gud sha. Anyway, which part (city) of oz is your uni located in? N wen r u startin your visa app? Heard d whole thing takes abt 3 mnths or so,

Bro congrats, i didn't know dat you av done ur IELTS, yeah the writing section is kind of tricky, i scored the lowest there too (6.5).

The School introduced me to an agent in Australia, so he is handling my visa application. i need a bank statement with 8million and above to apply for

Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA)‎. Have you done urs, i need this even before paying school fees.

so what stage are you now?

my school is in Sydney (North Sydney), NSW
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2010
dammy1102:

Bro congrats, i didn't know dat you av done your IELTS, yeah the writing section is kind of tricky, i scored the lowest there too (6.5).

The School introduced me to an agent in Australia, so he is handling my visa application. i need a bank statement with 8million and above to apply for

Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA)‎. Have you done urs, i need this even before paying school fees.

so what stage are you now?

my school is in Sydney (North Sydney), NSW

i also have an agent over there. my uncle n aunt( they both stay in australia) introduced me 2 the agent. my broda, I havent started the PVA thing yet. But, I plan to by feb. The institution am going to is in perth(western australia). So hw are u going abt the bank statement thing? Am guessing u already hv a wealthy sponsor?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by JagaJaga1: 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2010
I will like to know if there is any Australian University that accepts 2:2 as i have a CGPA of 3.41 in biochemistry. So far i have been searching and i have not been able to see
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by mrcasmir: 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
Well, Keep searching I believe u will see. Anyway, Australia is a very nice place to be, as a Naija man u ve been cooked in hardship & poverty to an extent that u can survive any place in the world. Racism or no racism, all u have to do is hold on to ur focus, once u have ur stand and make ur money (which we always do), u ll see that u ve no business with racism, they ll give u ur own respect.
But frankly speaking, here is better than US and most European countries, it can only be equated with Canada, if u doubt that just visit here and do some conversions and believe http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/#from=AUD;to=NGN;amt=1
The only problem u ll encounter here when new is loneliness, depression and a lil bit of confusion because ur lifestyle and theirs are not thesame but it wont be much because Naija is conquering this place right now, just shout out online & ppl ll come to ur aid. Frankly, this is a place u need to be, even ppl from Asia re moving down here.
But bear it in mind that Naija is already like a disease here that when u call it in some places u get a fussy look because of our scam saga, but we wont deny our identity. So if u can, do it while u can and pls don't criticize, just endure whatever for a while because if our green land 9ja is good we wont be looking for places to go. Atleast 4 now, lets run and wait till our leaders decide to liberate us 4rm this exile.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by mrcasmir: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
If you are interested in Australia and need more info you can inbox me on mrcasmir@msn.com. Believe me my advice has brought many Nigerians to this Island. However its your choice.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dammy1102(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ tony_runo, Guy sorry oh i have offline for some days now, to your question, i am still searching for authentic bank statement oh, i don't have any sponsor yet, how are you doing?

@Jaga Jaga, i got admitted even when my CGPA is far lower than yours. Just apply to the universities online and wait for them to reply you. Stop looking at the requirements ok bro.

N.B, They look at the courses that you took in school and your final year G.P.A, i have admission letter from various universities in various countries even with a 2.-- CGPA

so start applying now. send me your email, i will inbox you some cool stuffs.

One Love Bro

My problem right now is that i need to make up my mind if i want to leave naija, becos things are looking brighter after all, shebi nah Money dey make people travel, LoL
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
@ dammy broda am cool o! Hw tins? Hp u gud? Tot u already abandoned dis thread. Anyway, still gathering all d necessary paperwork n stuff. Already downloaded d student visa form (form 157a). Still goin tru it. Like i said b4, i plan 2 put in my app late jan/early feb (d earlier d beta). As 4 statement of acct, am lookin up 2 my parents n uncle. I jst hope dis whole thing works out cuz australia gives me d creeps. Dats because Am always hearin stuff abt hw strict they r wen it comes 2 visa/immigration, especially wen it involves a country like Naija. No sweat sha, We dey alright, I hope ur statement of acct ish works out fine as well. by d way, hv u decided which way ur goin (u.s or oz). Beta stil u can try both, no how no how, 1 must work out
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by ogamalam: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2010
australian registered migration agent will help you obtain your australian visa . please call 02-4-601-350
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by ogamalam: 9:29am On Dec 20, 2010
nice country, too many jobs not many workers as some of the aborigines prepare a welfare check than a paycheck . sad though but that is their calling. an african in australia may see the aborigines as the problem due to their anti social behavior and higly malodorous nature. but again they like it like that.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by dobberma27(m): 9:35am On Jan 11, 2011
people make the mistake of thinking the australian visa stuff is really difficult actually it isnt all you need is a good statement of account and the required grade in your IELTS and you are good, i actually just finished a programme here at a university in perth western australia and im about to kick off my masters degree by feb in a school in sydney im moving to sydney in a few days so will like to know some cool naija peeps already in sydney, 0450280615, anyone that also needs a lil info on australia or schooling here feel free to hola too,
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by stmarc32(m): 1:58am On Jan 21, 2011
Hey everyone i live in Australia and its a bleeped up place, this is not a matter of refugees and all that, The girls love u of course but its still crap because they discriminate and they stereotype, I have some black friends here who r not refugees some r even british citizens , they r surprised with how racist it is even tho australia is marketed as a multicultural country,it is far from it only the cities are a bit multicultural, There r indigenous people here who r the real people of australia, they r still discriminated against, there was something on the news about one of the elders cooked alive in a police van, I advise if u want to travel to Australia go to a place like Cairns where u have equal blacks and whites, do alot of research about where u intend to study before u travel down under, I have been in places where i've been the only black guy out of 20thousand people, i plan to travel to canada when im done with my nursing degree.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by t4top2010: 5:04am On Feb 18, 2011
Hi stmarc32,
Can you elaborate a bit. Which part of Australia do you live and which areas have you been in Australia?
We are Nigerians with British citizens and we live and work in London but we are planning on relocating to Australia next year.
I love the look of Brisbane and Cairns but with the recent flooding there we are not sure. At the moment we are looking to go to either Adelaide or Melbourne but we will make that decision when we visit in December to activate our PR visa.
What would be your advice to us having lived in that country and which area or cities would you advice us to settle in. Coincidentally, my wife is also a register nurse and she works in ICU.
It would be nice to hear from you and your insight and experience of Australia.
We would also like to hear from anybody who live down there or is in the same process as us who would like to give us any advice.

Thanks.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by stmarc32(m): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2011
t4top2010:

Hi stmarc32,
Can you elaborate a bit. Which part of Australia do you live and which areas have you been in Australia?
We are Nigerians with British citizens and we live and work in London but we are planning on relocating to Australia next year.
I love the look of Brisbane and Cairns but with the recent flooding there we are not sure. At the moment we are looking to go to either Adelaide or Melbourne but we will make that decision when we visit in December to activate our PR visa.
What would be your advice to us having lived in that country and which area or cities would you advice us to settle in. Coincidentally, my wife is also a register nurse and she works in ICU.
It would be nice to hear from you and your insight and experience of Australia.
We would also like to hear from anybody who live down there or is in the same process as us who would like to give us any advice.

Thanks.

as far as where i've been uhmm

brisbane( South brisbane is lovely as there are loads of colored people there
Cairns, Lovely Lovely Lovely
Goldcoast, Party place , didnt take a tour around so i can't say much

I've heard melbourne is nice

I'm currently living in sydney now, its more relaxed coz there are different surburbs in the city where you will feel totally comfortable, Newtown is a lovely place

before taking that big leap you should take a short tour to see for yourself.
take a look at this forum so you will see where i'm coming from

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/31004.html
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by t4top2010: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2011
Thanks stmarc32 for the quick reply.
I have spent the last couple of hours on that forum reading through people's comments and experiences. It is scary!
I have always known this and I have been in contact with different black people living in Australia asking for their advice and opinions of life in Australia.
I have had mixed responses but for me the key questions are would we be able to get good jobs and not be discriminated at and would my kids not be picked on at school just because of the colour of the skins. If I can be positive about those key issues then I will be fine. Even in the UK, there was a lot of discrimination up until recently and things have only just got better in the last ten years or so. There was a time not long ago in the UK when University graduates of African origins could not get decent jobs but resort to doing unskilled jobs just to survive. Things have moved on now and that rarely ever happen again so I think things will eventually improve in Australia as well as time goes by and people are better informed. A lot of it has to do with ignorance and naivety and politicians trying to exploit these ignorance for their own political agenda.

I really appreciate your insights and would like to ask you some questions regarding life in Brisbane so if you don't mind you can contact me on my e-mail address: o.asaye@tiscali.co.UK

Thanks.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by justhustle: 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2011
HELLO ALL

just wanted to find out if its possible to convert to a resident visa when one comes in on the special 416 visa category.

would really appreciate your response.

thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by folexng: 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2011
house ,can some one give me info about acceptable sponsor for assessment level 3, caus i dont have the money in my personal account?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by justhustle: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2011
HELLO ALL

just wanted to find out if its possible to convert to a resident visa or student visa when one comes in on the special 416 visa category.

would really appreciate your response.

thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by alphabravo: 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2011
Marcar,

I will be needing some piece of advise from you in regards to Australian Pre-Visa Assessment for students cos I have started the admission process.
How was the process like? What are the things you consider as key in the visa application process from your experience?
If you don't mind I can ring you up if I have your contact.

Thank you.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by alphabravo: 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2011
Marcar,

Thanks for your response.

Does it mean the person will not draw on the account at all before the visa is issued or you're trying to say however, the money at any point in time should be sufficient to cover all the financial outlay that may be required?
Can I get talking with you on phone- I think its much easier though we can still do stuff on this thread.
How much is the PVA fee, and the flight ticket presently?

Thank you broda.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2011

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by alphabravo: 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
Marcar,

How are you fairing back in Australia.
I trust you are gradually settling in.

I wish you the best and always be courageous, determined and confident that there are better days ahead. And no matter your present level/condition, you are an answer to a problem.

I pray for you today, that whatever makes boast before you as a challenge, God will release Holy Ghost courage upon you and strengthen you over it, to gain victory in the face of it.

The word of God says; as you go from nation to nation, and from kingdom to kingdom, He will suffer no one to do you wrong- He will not allow anyone to oppress you, He will rebuke kings on your account. And even in the sight of the keeper of the prison, Joseph found favour. I release that same other of favour upon you, in Jesus name. Amen.

Enjoy yourself broda.

Alphabravo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.