Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande (10536 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 17, 2014
A leader of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State, Chief Ayo Akande, has said that the APC would win the 2015 presidential elections if the party picks Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) as its presidential candidate and the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, as the running mate.

Akande, who said this in a statement on Thursday, described a Buhari/Fashola ticket as the “best option” for the party because of their good antecedents.

Though the APC, he said, had many options for its presidential and vice presidential candidates, the party chieftain said the combination of Buhari and Fashola would be the perfect option to seize power from the PDP in the presidential election.

Buhari on Wednesday had declared his ambition to run for the post of the president on the platform of the APC.

If he emerges the APC candidate, the former military ruler will be contesting the presidency for the fourth time.

He contested against ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003 on the platform of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party and against the late former President Umaru Yar’Adua in 2007, also on the platform of the ANPP. In 2011, he was also the presidential candidate of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change.

Both the ANPP and CPC merged with the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria to become the APC.

Fashola has been the governor of Lagos State since 2007.

Jonathan has been endorsed as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the 2015 poll.

Akande, who noted that the Buhari/Fashola ticket was his personal suggestion, said corruption would be effectively curbed in the country while poverty would be drastically reduced to the barest level if the APC considers the option.

He said, “A Buhari/Fashola combination stands to offer lot of advantages. We all know Buhari as a man of good virtue, who did not corruptly enrich himself. The APC stands a better chance to defeat President Goodluck Jonathan who has been endorsed as the sole candidate of the PDP for the 2015 presidential election.

“A Buhari/Fashola team would give the Peoples Democratic Party a good fight in the presidential elections.

“The antecedents of Buhari as a military head of state in terms of war against indiscipline and corruption and Fashola’s self-discipline and accountability would give the APC the long-sought exalted seat of the president of the country.”

Akande also commended Fashola’s achievements in Lagos, saying that he deserved a higher responsibility, having performed well as governor for eight years.

“Fashola will make a good president but if the presidency is zoned to the North, then he will make a perfect running mate to Buhari,” he said.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 17, 2014
One billion likes
Sai APC
Sai Buhari (President) 2015 - 2023
Sai Fashola (VP)

27 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Gbawe: 5:52am On Oct 17, 2014
Akande is 100% correct. The Buhari/Fashola combo, on so many levels, fulfils the yearnings of most Nigerians.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by ramdris(m): 6:02am On Oct 17, 2014
If APC can give me dat collabo, They have the vote of me n my family.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Mckennedy: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2014
complete Muslim brotherhood party

37 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by abdulwastecx(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2014
This akande is saying my mind...Buhari/ fashola will be great for Nigeria.
Buhari is a great and discipline man why fashola is a great technocrat, the two will complement each other

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 17, 2014
Poisoned chalice ....Muslim Muslim ticket? No!
N another Islamist governor Ambode in Lagos! Ha no way.

BTW op it's not Bisi Akande who displayed such unbridled lack of sensitivity n ignorance!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Networkingprof: 6:13am On Oct 17, 2014
Here I come 2015, Islamic Brodahood all the way. To those saying religion has no stake in this, fetch a believer in native faith who has ruled this country and you will be closer to OBJ. The gain is, he has a mind of his own most of the time. Double Faithfuls In Office will produce pro-Jihadists/Crusaders to fan the frail nerves of we fanatics and superstitious population. Fanatic followers will keep heating the system.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by talktimi(m): 6:16am On Oct 17, 2014
First of all, a Buhari/Fashola ticket is not going to happen. Don't ask me why.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by abdulwastecx(m): 6:21am On Oct 17, 2014
smartchoice:

BTW op it's not Bisi Akande who displayed such unbridled lack of sensitivity n ignorance!

Religion sentiments will kill off this country. ..what the Bleep is wrong in having two people who can help developed this country working together.

Do you care to the religion of a surgeon if you are in a critical condition and you need surgery?

Do you care to know the religion of a service provider who is the best in the business if you need that service so badly?

Religion blind people and allow for mediocres to get their ways...

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by abdulwastecx(m): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2014
talktimi:
First of all, a Buhari/Fashola ticket is not going to happen. Don't ask me why.

That aside, why is a highly influential party elder like Akande pre-empting the outcome of their party primaries by touting Buhari as the preferred presidential candidate when he knows there are other contestants in the race who also paid for their nomination forms ? This will give other contenders the idea that they won't have a level playing field in the party primaries and could cause discord within the party.

Buhari/Fashola is going to work

secondly, elder akande is talking on his own behave and not a spoke person for the party.
PDP made jonathan their sole condidate fkr money. ..what do u call that?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by win1234: 6:26am On Oct 17, 2014
there is no harm in trying, APC should try Buhari/Fashola, afterall they can still try in 2019

21 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Raiders: 6:27am On Oct 17, 2014
smartchoice:

religion should not be invovled in politics. Religion is suppose to be a personal relationship between you and God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 17, 2014
What will be will be.whom God will save,he will save..God has been good to nigeria,the day he will abandon us,we are doomed..buhari or ebele...let the Lords wish be done.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by jumobi1(m): 6:34am On Oct 17, 2014
If APC has Nigeria's interest at hand they should go Rochas, Ezekwesili, or Oshioms with Fashola.(Either can be president or Vice). Buhari and Atiku being the nominees show they believe in zoning and not "the best man". It shows they are after "personal interest". These two candidates have tried and failed. It's not by force. What Nigeria needs is the best man right now. i don't believe APC can win without Fashola on the ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Religion sentiments will kill off this country. ..what the Bleep is wrong in having two peoplw who can hel developed this country working together.

Do you care to the religion of a surgeon if you in a critical condition and you need surgery?

Do you care to know the religion of a service provider who is the best in the business if you need that service so badly?

Religion blind people and allow for midiocrate to get their ways...
yea,you are right bro,but think of this,what is bad for russia is also bad for rwanda,,muslems wont accept christian/christian ticket especially buhari,a religiousfanetic..must buhari rule,,leaders of tomorrow na joke?since when i dey primary school,this man don dey politics.kilode gan.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by malele(m): 6:38am On Oct 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Religion sentiments will kill off this country. ..what the Bleep is wrong in having two peoplw who can hel developed this country working together.

Do you care to the religion of a surgeon if you in a critical condition and you need surgery?

Religion blind people and allow for midiocrate to get their ways...

why not christian christian ticket ?
na only Muslims sabi rule.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:38am On Oct 17, 2014
Yes, you're right. But that will only work in a sane environment where one part of the country around the east won't collect N500 to vote for a 'future-saboteur'!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 17, 2014
Easier said than done.

If APC fields Buhari,that's just a suicide mission.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Leo001(m): 6:44am On Oct 17, 2014
When FFK came out to say that APC is planning a Muslim/ Muslim ticket and that its not good for Nigeria. Liar Mohammed and others in this NL almost call for his Head. Now BOTchairman is airing it out. My deduction is that if this happen, then all other things FFK said about APC are true.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Hanibal(m): 6:46am On Oct 17, 2014
I love fashola n I love Buhari... but a muslim/muslim ticket is a NO NO.
im sorry but no no

11 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by VcStunner(m): 6:54am On Oct 17, 2014
I hate Nigerian politics dats one, secondly i hate both parties PDP and APC. Now down to individuals, Buhari is quite experienced but man time has changed, u nw watch ur economy on digital screen bro, we don't want any Mugabe in nigeria. Why zone d presidency in light of one Nigeria? Dats hypocrisy! Why not present d interested individuals in an open debate and lets choose for our selves. Let them communicate those burnin ideas and lets do d scale preferencing and see who got more sense. Really d next president must be intelligent, brutal with corruption and reforms, good fiscal management, and above all Young for Gods sake. Ther was a 70yr old john Mc Cain when a 46yr old Obama became president and dey worked together ever after

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Mentcee(m): 7:01am On Oct 17, 2014
Evil combo!

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by onatisi(m): 7:04am On Oct 17, 2014
Awada keri keri. Akande is now a comedian

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by onatisi(m): 7:07am On Oct 17, 2014
win1234:
there is no harm in trying, APC should try Buhari/Fashola, afterall they can still try in 2019
Buhari /fashola ticket will not even win one state in the south west ,not even lagos . It seems bisi akande or apc has lost touch with the masses feelings and yearnings.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Bugatie(m): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2014
No ticket collabo will earn APC Aso Rock in 2015!
if they like, let them pair Mr Ibu and Saka

9 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2014
Collynzo28:

Better than those around the west who sell their votes for a cup of rice or odourless fufu, I mean the inventors of stomach infrastructure.
and I'm glad fayose already sustained that! It is a phrase that will outlive you for sure!

The human right protesters in Lagos are saying they're dying of hunger, they need stomach infrastructure!

Now, dude, dnt worry yourself...

Just make sure u dnt collect N500 this time around to vote it people that will suffer u again. N500 naira, I knw, is ok for a cup of garri, but e no go get u fried fish to accompany it..

Vote wisley!

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by abdulwastecx(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2014
Hanibal:
I love fashola n I love Buhari... but a muslim/muslim ticket is a NO NO.
im sorry but no no

I don't even care about their religion. ... I want to some one that will stabilize this country, provide me with better opportunity to succed financially, help me fight corruption so that merit can be allowed.

I want leave in environment where I wikl enjoy all the basic right...if an atheist, pagan or a Buddhist can help me achieve that, I will vote for jim/her

8 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by sigeo: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2014
Op, your topic bears Bisi Akande while the story says Ayo Akande. Which are we to believe?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:11am On Oct 17, 2014
samflexx:

yea,you are right bro,but think of this,what is bad for russia is also bad for rwanda,,muslems wont accept christian/christian ticket especially buhari,a religiousfanetic..must buhari rule,,leaders of tomorrow na joke?since when i dey primary school,this man don dey politics.kilode gan.
so, na only him dey politics since u dey primary school? Abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Declares Detention Of Bala Mohammed Unlawful, Awards Him N5M / Keyamo: APC Has No Overall Leader In Delta State / Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.