Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande (10592 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by pendy79: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2014
Descartes:
Buhari/Fashola combo is toxic. It will re-affirm that APC is a Muslim Brotherhood Party of Nigeria which will vindicate Metuh and PDP who accused the party of nursing Islamic agenda. So such combination is dead on arrival.

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees the return of Nigeria to exponential growth!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees extermination of Boko Haram that seems to be a force above our military!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that corruption will be nipped to its lowest ebb.

If the Supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that they won't be sacred toes that can't be stepped on.

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees the end of impunity!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that our battered public image amongst comity of Nations will be laundered!

An Islamic Agenda that ensure Ifeanyi Ubah and thieves like him who ripoff the country through various subsidy scam are brought to book rather than pardoned to use the stolen money to coordinate TAN rallies and adverts.

An Islamic Agenda that bring thieves like Jimoh Ibrahim who bought our National heritage as cheap assets yet can't manage it to justice.

An Islamic Agenda that make sure proven corrupt cases and corrupt officials pays for their acts not the one that pardons and let go billion of dollars for Mohammed Abacha and his family cos of political gain, drop corruption charges against Fani Kayode cos he decamped, sees no reason why Stella oduah should be charged, celebrates odili and his perpetual restraining order and the pension scam rogues and many others!

An Islamic Agenda that turn around the economy and ensure that the Naira regain its value as experienced btw 1983-1985 when it sold at 1.50$ to 1N despite crude being sold at around 9$ per barrel not the present valueless currency we have with crude sold above 85$/barrel now.

An Islamic Agenda that oversaw the building of 2 refineries in 3years btw 1976-1979 yet a non Islamic agenda can't provide a single one nor effectively manage the existing ones in 15 years despite the huge income from crude sales.

An Islamic Agenda that turned Lagos from slum to the present state of commendations from the EU, world bank and IMF and equally have fitch rating of AA+ for its bonds same rating as the USA!

If The Islamic Agenda with an Islamic leader ensure that 20,000 people leave their poverty and erosion stricken.states to run to a state run by a Muslim.on.a daily.basis then.the non Islamic agenda leaders should hide their face in shame.

I can go on and on. Who cares what name you.call.your God jyst deliver the dividend of democracy and meet the aspirations of people and let prosperity be the judge.

12 years out of the last 15years christians rule and are ruling this country, did the Muslims cry about a Crusader Agenda or is poverty, insecurity, umemployment, inflation, infrastructure collapse and national disgrace selective of Religion or ethnic bias.

We've had Abacha,IBB, OBJ and GEJ didn't they profess one religion or the other? Is the country better for it?

I will stick to individuals with proven track record irrespective of which ever religion he practises. Who care even if he worship SANGO? As long he can save the country from the abyss of destruction the PDP represents

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by ElFenomeno1: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2014
pendy79:

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees the return of Nigeria to exponential growth!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees extermination of Boko Haram that seems to be a force above our military!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that corruption will be nipped to its lowest ebb.

If the Supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that they won't be sacred toes that can't be stepped on.

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that our battered public image amongst comity of Nations will be laundered!

An Islamic Agenda that ensure Ifeanyi Ubah and thieves like him who ripoff the country through various subsidy scam are brought to book rather than pardoned to use the stolen money to coordinate TAN rallies and adverts.

An Islamic Agenda that bring thieves like Jimoh Ibrahim who bought our National heritage as cheap assets yet can't manage it to justice.

An Islamic Agenda that make sure proven corrupt cases and corrupt officials pays for their acts not the one that pardons and let go billion of dollars for Mohammed Abacha and his family cos of political gain, drop corruption charges against Fani Kayode cos he decamped, sees no reason why Stella oduah should be charged, celebrates odili and his perpetual restraining order and the pension scam rogues and many others!

An Islamic Agenda that turn around the economy and ensure that the Naira regain its value as experienced btw 1983-1985 when it sold at 1.50$ to 1N despite crude being sold at around 9$ per barrel not the present valueless currency we have with crude sold above 85$/barrel now.

An Islamic Agenda that oversaw the building of 2 refineries in 3years btw 1976-1979 yet a non Islamic agenda can't provide a single one nor effectively manage the existing ones in 15 years despite the huge income from crude sales.

An Islamic Agenda that turned Lagos from slum to the present state of commendations from the EU, world bank and IMF and equally have fitch rating of AA+ for its bonds same rating as the USA!

If The Islamic Agenda with an Islamic leader ensure that 20,000 people leave their poverty and erosion stricken.states to run to a state run by a Muslim.on.a daily.basis then.the non Islamic agenda leaders should hide their face in shame.

I can go on and on. Who cares what name you.call.your God jyst deliver the dividend of democracy and meet the aspirations of people and let prosperity be the judge.

12 years out of the last 15years christians rule and are ruling this country, did the Muslims cry about a Crusader Agenda or is poverty, insecurity, umemployment, inflation, infrastructure collapse and national disgrace selective of Religion or ethnic bias.

We've had Abacha,IBB, OBJ and GEJ didn't they profess one religion or the other? Is the country better for it?

I will stick to individuals with proven track record irrespective of which ever religion he practises. Who care even if he worship SANGO? As long he can save the country from the abyss of destruction the PDP represents

Spot on!
You are a GEE!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by waternogetenemy: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2014
[size=18pt]Janja.weed! Islamic Brotherwood![/size]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by PassingShot(m): 8:29am On Oct 17, 2014
southsouthman:
In other words, any other combination cannot defeat GEJ. We dey wait for unable. After you will say GEJ govt marginalised the Yorubas. If Fashola is that good n acceptable why not propagate for Fashola to contest as president instead of Buhari's running mate. So Yoruba's are good enough for second position.

Fashola is good enough but not yet politically sophisticated to get the votes especially in the North to get the win. And we all know that no one else is capable of delivering the votes from the North apart from Buhari or whoever he endorses.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by ElFenomeno1: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2014
Descartes:
Muslim/Muslim ticket is a no no in today's Nigerian political space and such combination will not see the light of the day.
Idio...t
You need to think out of the box!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by CyberWolf: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,thank God at least someone is facing the truth. Apc and tinubu are presently fighting the full onslaught of pdp on the sw, so far apc has dropped 2 states and from all indications they will still drop more states in the south west maybe 1 or 2. The mistake of tinubu and his psycophants was the merger which they did with other parties . Believe me ,ac n then was getting stronger and they would have penetrated into the south east easily but the merger has so far proved to be a stumbling block. What apc didn't know was that the merger they did was to pdp advantage. Now apc is booged down with internal wranglings which has seen them lose some states. What will eventually happen is the repeat of what happened to ribadu , when it becomes obvious that apc will lose ,tinubu and co will prefer to spend their money on retaining their power base in the sw and leave the presidential candidate to sort himself out. One thing people don't realize is that absolute power corrupts absolutely , that is the reason why tinubu and many many other nigerian politicians will never allow a person like buhari to win because he can never trusted with power.
You've said it all..nothing more to add..Let's just sit back and enjoy the drama while it unfolds..I only pity some gullible supporters who don't know what's about to befall them.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by waternogetenemy: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2014
southsouthman:
In other words, any other combination cannot defeat GEJ. We dey wait for unable. After you will say GEJ govt marginalised the Yorubas. If Fashola is that good n acceptable why not propagate for Fashola to contest as president instead of Buhari's running mate. So Yoruba's are good enough for second position.

Exactly, they are good for second position. The fact remains that most of these yoruba posters are talking based on tribal and religious sentiment.

If election was today the vast majority of them will vote GEJ. These ones here are mainly muslims and think Nigeria is for the North and South West alone.

I can't wait to show them how wrong they are come 2015.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by abdulwastecx(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2014
samflexx:

Another born to rule cow.

The thing about you nigga is you make too many assumptions without proper analysis.

I am not a northerner (regionalis is infact construct put in place to divide the masses and render them politically impotent).
I am of the believe that Nigeria political system has be structured to favour the North, as a result they always dominate everything even when they are not the best for the job.

Buhari is just a different man, he may be a bit sentimental since we all have some atom of sentiment in us but he is the most discipline and dedicated among the politicians we have now.
he can fight corruption
he can stabilize nigeria
he can help reposition discipline
help fight nepotism.

Fashola on the other hand belongs to the middle age dynamic and technocratic politicians.
he is very dynamic
turn challenges into opportunity
good with economy
an educated elite

these two people will make Nigeria a better country

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by talktimi(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2014
Gbawe:

Yeah. Your "bad" because you always rush to speak hatefully and negatively of others without thinking or taking things in properly.
Gbawe Gbawe Gbawe. Its too early for this please take your time o.

Quote from my first comment what u said that was "hateful" and "negative". I made a mistake, accepted and apologized for it. What else do you want me to do na ? Besides wouldn't it have been morally wrong for such a statement to be voiced out if in fact it was credited to Bisi Akande considering his influential personality in the party and the fact that he's supposed to appear neutral to all candidates even if he has a preferred choice ?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by ElFenomeno1: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2014
Majority of the stuff i see on this thread are stuff from religious bigots!

The rate at which religion is crippling a lot of Nigerians due to over emphasis is alarming.....

We are talking about a potential leadership combination that can possibly revive the country on all fronts and some bastards are focusing on religion!

Fu...cking idio...ts, Nigerians dont deserve to be saved!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by PassingShot(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2014
pendy79:

With this your post, you've saved many like me a lot of thinking and writing. I'll just re-post it as required.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Descartes: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Idio...t
You need to think out of the box!
My dear no need for insult. Learn how to counter argument without resorting to abuse. Am very disappointed that a veteran like you will be displaying this kind of rubbish. BTW are you from the west or in any way live in any of the south western states wink

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by abdulwastecx(m): 8:39am On Oct 17, 2014
southsouthman:

we are not talking ethnicity here bro...fashola will come good after some time but buhari is obviously a name that can grf vote in the North, the region is too good to toy with

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

The thing about you nigga is you make too many assumptions without proper analysis.

I am not a northerner (regionalis is infact construct put in place to divide the masses and render them politically impotent).
I am of the believe that Nigeria political system has be structured to favour the North, as a result they always dominate everything even when they are not the best for the job.

Buhari is just a different man, he may be a bit sentimental since we all have some atom of sentiment in us but he is the most discipline and dedicated among the politicians we have now.
he can fight corruption
he can stabilize nigeria
he can help reposition discipline
help fight nepotism.

Fashola on the other hand belongs to the middle age dynamic and technocratic politicians.
he is very dynamic
turn challenges into opportunity
good with economy
an educated elite
these two people will make Nigeria a better country
thank you sir..When did it become a sin for a southerner to lead?what makes hausas better than the rest?symtoms of ebola.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Gbawe: 8:43am On Oct 17, 2014
talktimi:
Gbawe Gbawe Gbawe. Its too early for this please take your time o.

Quote from my first comment what u said that was "hateful" and "negative". I made a mistake, accepted and apologized for it. What else do you want me to do na ? Besides wouldn't it have been morally wrong for such a statement to be voiced out if in fact it was credited to Bisi Akande considering his influential personality in the party and the fact that he's supposed to appear neutral to all candidates even if he has a preferred choice ?

Okay. Apologies on this one occasion. After all you are the same posters who enters a thread to ignore the topic and begin attacking others. A case of your reputation preceding you. Well, keep up the civility and I will oblige in kind. ultimately, insults and tantrums get us all nowhere.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by onatisi(m): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2014
CyberWolf:
You've said it all..nothing more to add..Let's just sit back and enjoy the drama while it unfolds..I only pity some gullible supporters who don't know what's about to befall them.. angry
bros ,they don't know because they base their political knowledge on what they read on nairaland and newspaper headlines. The northern elites and political class will even prefer atiku than buhari. Please how will apc be able to sell buhari/fashola to people in anambra ,delta or enugu ?the issue oof boko haram victims from the sw is still fresh in the minds of many yorubas ,many christians will not even look at apc logo before thumb printing for pdp once they see buhari name or pic . Pdp controls over 20 states out oof 36 ,these state gov will deliver their states so how can apc win? Even before the end of the year many apc politicians will still decamp back to pdp before the next elections . With the scheme of things even in oyo state ,apc is on the verge of losing that state . Tinubu and apc problem is more than the presidency,they have seen their mistake and what it is costing them and they are trying to salvage it,hence the visit of tinubu to obj to help him rescue ogun state . If obj can influence his boys to pull out of ogun pdp and join amosun then amosun has a chance ,because ogun apc is in serious trouble due to the in fighting among amosun and osoba factions. Many more cases in the sw apc .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by waternogetenemy: 8:47am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,they don't know because they base their political knowledge on what they read on nairaland and newspaper headlines. The northern elites and political class will even prefer atiku than buhari. Please how will apc be able to sell buhari/fashola to people in anambra ,delta or enugu ?the issue oof boko haram victims from the sw is still fresh in the minds of many yorubas ,many christians will not even look at apc logo before thumb printing for pdp once they see buhari name or pic . Pdp controls over 20 states out oof 36 ,these state gov will deliver their states so how can apc win? Even before the end of the year many apc politicians will still decamp back to pdp before the next elections . With the scheme of things even in oyo state ,apc is on the verge of losing that state . Tinubu and apc problem is more than the presidency,they have seen their mistake and what it is costing them and they are trying to salvage it,hence the visit of tinubu to obj to help him rescue ogun state . If obj can influence his boys to pull out of ogun pdp and join amosun then amosun has a chance ,because ogun apc is in serious trouble due to the in fighting among amosun and osoba factions. Many more cases in the sw apc .

Ur head correct... one of the most sensible post that i have read on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by abdulwastecx(m): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:

what is the population of the entire south east and artificial south south ( excluding ondo and edo)?

No matter the campaign and awareness, names like buhari, fashola or atiku will not sell in the east....those people are super conservative.
I was shocked the first time I travelled down east at the level of ethno and religious sentiment

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by waternogetenemy: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2014
As it stands today, Buhari cannot even win the whole North becos their is core North and middle-belt.

I will stop wasting my time talking to boko haram on nairaland, campaign all u want for Buhari but come feb 14 2015.

GEJ will be victorious.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by onatisi(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Exactly, they are good for second position. The fact remains that most of these yoruba posters are talking based on tribal and religious sentiment.

If election was today the vast majority of them will vote GEJ. These ones here are mainly muslims and think Nigeria is for the North and South West alone.

I can't wait to show them how wrong they are come 2015.
you don't understand yoorubas , we are not tribalistic .during the days of yar adua,when he was seeking the sdp ticket . He won in many yoruba states despite the fact that faale and co contested against him . The truth is pdp still controls majority of sw voters BUT yorubas will not vote for any party except that party presents a credible candidate . Let me give u the example of osun state. Majority of osun indigenes are tired of apc and aregbe but because they are tired oof him that still will not make them vote for a wrong and bad alternative which was omisore . So at the moment ,there is no better alternative to pdp and gej for the presidency . If a credible and sellable candidate emerges even from another party apart from apc believe yorubas will vote en mass for that candidate

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by CyberWolf: 8:54am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
Exactly my brother..and what most APC supporters here don't know is that 80% of the voters are the illiterate village farmers and traders..only about 30-40% of city residents comes out to vote..where PDP got them is that they always penetrate the grassroot and influence this voters with whatever they want..APC is concentrating there campaigne on the internet but forget that only about 5-10% of internet users goes out to vote..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by waternogetenemy: 8:54am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
you don't understand yoorubas , we are not tribalistic .during the days of yar adua,when he was seeking the sdp ticket . He won in many yoruba states despite the fact that faale and co contested against him . The truth is pdp still controls majority of sw voters BUT yorubas will not vote for any party except that party presents a credible candidate . Let me give u the example of osun state. Majority of osun indigenes are tired of apc and aregbe but because they are tired oof him that still will not make them vote for a wrong and bad alternative which was omisore . So at the moment ,there is no better alternative to pdp and gej for the presidency . If a credible and sellable candidate emerges even from another party apart from apc believe yorubas will vote en mass for that candidate

On point...
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Gbawe: 8:56am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,they don't know because they base their political knowledge on what they read on nairaland and newspaper headlines. The northern elites and political class will even prefer atiku than buhari. Please how will apc be able to sell buhari/fashola to people in anambra ,delta or enugu ? the issue oof boko haram victims from the sw is still fresh in the minds of many yorubas ,many christians will not even look at apc logo before thumb printing for pdp once they see buhari name or pic . Pdp controls over 20 states out oof 36 ,these state gov will deliver their states so how can apc win? Even before the end of the year many apc politicians will still decamp back to pdp before the next elections . With the scheme of things even in oyo state ,apc is on the verge of losing that state . Tinubu and apc problem is more than the presidency,they have seen their mistake and what it is costing them and they are trying to salvage it,hence the visit of tinubu to obj to help him rescue ogun state . If obj can influence his boys to pull out of ogun pdp and join amosun then amosun has a chance ,because ogun apc is in serious trouble due to the in fighting among amosun and osoba factions. Many more cases in the sw apc .

Dude, get real for once. You accuse Nairalanders of not knowing the reality of Nigerian politics but you are the one speaking as if guilty of that with your display of total political naivete above.

Firstly, who told you it is Northern elite and political class who matter in today's Nigeria? How many are they as a facet of vote-casting? It is the ordinary folks and talakwas of the North who have electoral power in a free and fair election and we all know they are solidly behind Buhari. Simple as that. Under the APC also, and with the dynamics of today, Buhari will finally have a platform where the same elite you claim are against him, and perhaps were indeed truly against him in 2011, will now be solidly behind him. Who would have though Bukola Saraki, quintessential PDP poster boy and schemer, would now be a strategist for Buhari? Face and accept the changing dynamics of politics today and stop this show of pedestrian thinking and analysis that make you appear as 'slow' as one of GEJ's 1852 refurbished coal-powered trains.

Secondly it is obvious that you have no capacity for pragmatism with your mention of Anambra, Delta and Enugu. Those are States likely to vote for GEJ anyway regardless of what the APC does yet winning or losing those States cannot determine the overall outcome of the election. Results in the North and SW will be the pivotal decider. Why should the APC then worry about the States you mentioned when there is probably no chance of claiming them against GEJ whether it is Buhari, Fashola or even Jesus Christ who is running as Presidential candidate of the APC? IS it not better, rather than being jack of all trade and master of non, for the APC to concentrates on where its real strength, capable of winning the Party the general election, lie? Dude, majority of your talk is simply patronising and sentimental yet ultimately devoid of analytical balance or pragmatic finesse.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by onatisi(m): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Ur head correct... one of the most sensible post that i have read on this thread.
thank you

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by ElFenomeno1: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2014
Descartes:
My dear no need for insult. Learn how to counter argument without resorting to abuse. Am very disappointed that a veteran like you will be displaying this kind of rubbish. BTW are you from the west or in any way live in any of the south western states wink

What business of yours is it about where i am from?!

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Mogidi: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2014
The finale Islamisation of Nigeria would reach its peak with Muslim/Muslim rulers, bring it on.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Omimah: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2014
talktimi:
First of all, a Buhari/Fashola ticket is not going to happen. Don't ask me why.

That aside, why is a highly influential party elder like Akande pre-empting the outcome of their party primaries by touting Buhari as the preferred presidential candidate when he knows there are other contestants in the race who also paid for their nomination forms ? This will give other contenders the idea that they won't have a level playing field in the party primaries and could cause discord within the party.
It's obvious you didn't read the OP, but just commented after reading the headline. It's Ayo Akande that's speaking, not Bisi Akande.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by CyberWolf: 9:01am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
I like the way you are being objective to the matter..I'm an Igbo but I tell you that if APC fielded someone like Fashola, my brother forget it, PDP is gone..APC would've done everything possible to secure the number one position first then, they can start rotating it the way they like but no,they played into the hands of Nigerians masses who sees North wanting power by all means...Nigerians will vote for GEJ not because they like him, but just to show some people that presidency is not their birthright....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by onatisi(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Gbawe:

Dude, get real for once. You accuse Nairalanders of not knowing the reality of Nigerian politics but you are the speaking as if guilty of that with your double display of total political naivete above.

Firstly, who told you it is Northern elite who matter? It is the ordinary folks and talakwas of the North who have electoral power in a free and fair election and we all know they are solidly behind Buhari. Under the APC also, and with the dynamics of today, Buhari will finally have a platform where the same elite you claim are against him, and perhaps were indeed against him in 2011, will now be solidly behind him. Who would have though Bukola Saraki, quintessential PDP poster boy and schemer, would now be a strategist for Buhari? Face and accept the changing dynamics of politics today and stop this show of pedestrian thinking and analysis that make you appear like one of GEJ's 1852 refurbished coal-powered trains?

Secondly it is obvious that you have no capacity for pragmatism with your mention of Anambra, Delta and Enugu. Those are States likely to vote for GEJ anyway regardless of what the APC does yet winning or losing those States cannot determine the overall outcome of the election. Results in the North and SW will be the pivotal decider. Why should the APC then worry about the States you mentioned when there is probably no chance of claiming them against GEJ whether it is Buhari, Fashola or even Jesus Christ who is running as Presidential candidate of the APC? IS it not better, rather than being jack of all trade and master of non, for the APC to concentrates on where its real strength, capable of winning the PArty the general election, lie? Dude, majority of your talk is simply patronising and sentimental yet ultimately devoid of analytical balance or pragmatic finesse.
gbawe ,I have proven you wrong more than once with my analysis of nigerian politics and with outcome of elections . And I want everyone to bookmark this thread, buhari won't get that apc ticket and apc won't win even 10 states when it comes to the presidential elections .I don't like talking too much . Like I always say we will meet at the polling booth

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by major466(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2014
Even if they pair Buhari /Obama they will still lose hands down.
GEJ till 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by FKO81(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
Buhari /fashola ticket will not even win one state in the south west ,not even lagos . It seems bisi akande or apc has lost touch with the masses feelings and yearnings.
My brother don't be surprise, during Osun governorship election Bisi Akande APC BOT lost his ward to PDP forget APC E rats they are all noise makers

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket’ll Defeat Jonathan, Says Bisi Akande by Alphaoscar: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2014
talktimi:
First of all, a Buhari/Fashola ticket is not going to happen. Don't ask me why.

That aside, why is a highly influential party elder like Akande pre-empting the outcome of their party primaries by touting Buhari as the preferred presidential candidate when he knows there are other contestants in the race who also paid for their nomination forms ? This will give other contenders the idea that they won't have a level playing field in the party primaries and could cause discord within the party.

I think their should be difference between chief Bisi Akande of Osun state and Ayo Akande a party chieftain from Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates / Nigeria’s Debt Profile Among Lowest In The World — Osinbajo / Gov. Ugwuanyi Directs Fixing Of Potholes, Traffic Lights, Asphalting (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.