Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon (31727 Views)

80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Yakubu Gowon's Son, Musa, Returns After 22Years In Prison / Obasanjo, Ambode At 80th Birthday Of Adebutu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lucasbalo:
For a young guy like you spewing out that kind of venom, its no surprise Nigeria is in a mess that she's in. Look for a way to make things better for you than get so embittered with a war that happened before your birth. No successful being in the history of the universe clamor for unwinnable war.
Young man, am just protecting my tribe and would continue to do so! Of what value would i be when i see my tribe been insulted and tortured on a public forum without giving them backup?? It quite natural you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by stigman(m): 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
01karma:
What people fail to understand is that economic dominance is our inheritance, million of Igbos were kill by the blood sucking vampire Gowon. 44 year later the decendance of the marginalized igbos came back and even more stronger to the point that Nigeria would be igbonized cheesy . Hahahaha

Dangote is just one person that monopotilized the trade dominance of the northerners while the cone head westerners had nothing to write home about....

the other day, the ghanians are complaining on how the igbo came and took over their business and make them jobless, but trust me, it not our fault, we are just uncompetitable. Malawi would be far better than Nigeria without the igbos.
That's true bro

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by IGBOSON1: 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
nijanigga:
He's the architect of Nigeria's problems. No blueprint for economic developments, no foresight to get a credit of a founding father, no plan for civilian govt, he introduced "odogi" inadvertently introduced corruption. The guy came unprepared to rule Nigeria.

^^^Oh, he had an economic blueprint alright.......spend-spend-spend like there's no tomorrow!

3 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Lucasbalo(m): 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
01karma:
Young man, am just protecting my tribe and would continue to do so! Of what value would i be when i see my tribe been insulted and tortured on a public forum without giving them backup?? It quite natural you know.
Got the part of protecting your tribe, you can do that and not be condescending. Nigeria's unity is important and deriding others won't help. I wish all young Nigerians would collectively condemn all this worthless and corrupt leaders turning the country into cesspool of corruption and mismanagement. Others are guilty of this tribal bashing too and yours just got my curiosity. Don't mean to single you out.

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
oduaboy1:
Delusions,delusions,delusions, and more delusions.Bia I thought you people were jews when did you become german again.Identity crises is a major problem in yiiboland.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahahahahahaha when i said you are suffering from poor education, you would think am been unfair.

simple comprehension!! Now go back and read that line again and don't forget to modify you post grin grin grin grin
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by henryobinna(m): 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
lynpetra:
Lmao.Baba na baba!
yea..
him get rep
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by iiiyyyk(m): 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
oga gowon mr one nigeria, how market for nigeria.

Thank u for putimg us into dongeon

I wonder how ur conscience feels now......

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by iiiyyyk(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
oga gowon mr one nigeria, how market for nigeria.

Thank u for putimg us into dongeon

I wonder how ur conscience feels now......

HBD any way..
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Got the part of protecting your tribe, you can do that and not be condescending. Nigeria's unity is important and deriding others won't help. I wish all young Nigerians would collectively condemn all this worthless and corrupt leaders turning the country into cesspool of corruption and mismanagement. Others are guilty of this tribal bashing too and yours just got my curiosity. Don't mean to single you out.
yea its true mine got your attention because i just can't help it. Nigeria unity?? Mister i have given up on Nigeria a long time ago.

I provide the eletricity i used, i paid for the water i used, i paid huge some of money for my school fee, i protect myself from arm robber and thiefs, i live in fear in my father'sland. I am the government of my self, Nigeria is just a jungle. The earlier we realised, the better for us.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Smooyis(m): 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Happy birthday sir
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Lucasbalo(m): 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
01karma:
yea its true mine got your attention because i just can't help it. Nigeria unity?? Mister i have given up on Nigeria a long time ago.

I provide the eletricity i used, i paid for the water i used, i paid huge some of money for my school fee, i protect myself from arm robber and thiefs, i live in fear in my father'sland. I am the government of my self, Nigeria is just a jungle. The earlier we realised, the better for us.
The funny thing is that you still live in the country. If I that left Nigeria in my teenage year many, many years ago can be hopeful for the country, how come people that are stuck in the country are pessimistic ?. Just wish all the useless, inept, corrupt leaders and their oligarch friends will be driven out of power through any means necessary.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by neenar: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Happy birthday, sir. smiley
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by IGBOSON1: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
kingthreat:

That will never happen. He is still hale and hearty while the coward who disguised as a woman is .... The more you support Biafra, the more you shall have more fruitless battles.

^^^You're more repulsive than diseased scum!

Hale and hearty indeed!....When the the 'one Nigeria' he spilled blood and wasted millions of lives for is competing with the likes of Afghanistan and Somalia in the failed-states stakes; when his people are being slaughtered like fowl by the very masters whose interests he slavishly served and protected during the war! His masters gave him a few more years as head of state to reward him for the dirty business he helped them with from 1967 to 70, and then they turfed him aside like garbage and took over what they saw as their birthright (but this time with no 'pesky inyamiris' to compete with and edge them out based on merit).....and they've tenaciously held onto this so-called 'birthright' up until the ' angryinfidel fisherman from Otuoke angry' came on the scene and messed up their hustle!

God only kept him alive this long so he can rue the wrong choices he's made in life, and see the consequences such choices have brought to his people and the entire country in general!

With Gowon i prefer to let sleeping dogs lie, but you bastards (who i suspect are not even from his ethnic group) keep on stirring up bad feelings against him thinking you're mocking Igbos/Biafrans!

3 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by nijanigga: 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Oh, he had an economic blueprint alright.......spend-spend-spend like there's no tomorrow!
U agreed with me on at least one thing.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lucasbalo:
The funny thing is that you still live in the country. If I that left Nigeria in my teenage year many, many years ago can be hopeful for the country, how come people that are stuck in the country are pessimistic ?. Just wish all the useless, inept, corrupt leaders and their oligarch friends will be driven out of power through any means necessary.
its really sad i can't run away from this country, i havn't gotten any chance anyway cheesy

you are hoping for a dead and buried Nigeria?? Hahahaha trust me, am just waiting 2015 so that Nigeria would spilt and every body would go their seperate ways after all, we were never destined to be one. The hand writting is all over the wall.

i can't go out of Igboland, Biafran teritory atually because i need to be part of people who would develop the rising sun of Africa cheesy
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by seunwen2(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
lynpetra:
HBD sir,i hqppen to board a commercial airline with you,i took pictures with you,i was happy i touched a one time president of my country.Unfortunately,the rest of the passengers pretended as if you dont exist!I went back to my seat in concealed shame.I thought you were 'highly' celebrated.I was wrong.

ladies and power
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by natureblack(m): 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lucasbalo:
funny how you ignored monikers that ignited the tribal-bashing,only to spot-out a lad that is acting under self-defence. undecided
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Lucasbalo(m): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
natureblack:
funny how you ignored monikers that ignited the tribal-bashing,only to spot-out a lad that is acting under self-defence. undecided
I guess the OP saying happy birthday to Gowon is the moniker that started tribal wars?.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Lucasbalo(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
01karma:
its really sad i can't run away from this country, i havn't gotten any chance anyway cheesy

you are hoping for a dead and buried Nigeria?? Hahahaha trust me, am just waiting 2015 so that Nigeria would spilt and every body would go their seperate ways after all, we were never destined to be one. The hand writting is all over the wall.

i can't go out of Igboland, Biafran teritory atually because i need to be part of people who would develop the rising sun of Africa cheesy
Anyway, wishing you the best.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Aida13: 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
tobtap:

your brother is right....

ok thanks!
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Anyway, wishing you the best.
thank you. But you would be needing a visa to visit Biafra any time soon. cheesy

Have a good night rest cool
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by kingthreat(m): 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^You're more repulsive than diseased scum!

Hale and hearty indeed!....When the the 'one Nigeria' he spilled blood and wasted millions of lives for is competing with the likes of Afghanistan and Somalia in the failed-states stakes; when his people are being slaughtered like fowl by the very masters whose interests he slavishly served and protected during the war! His masters gave him a few more years as head of state to reward him for the dirty business he helped them with from 1967 to 70, and then they turfed him aside like garbage and took over what they saw as their birthright (but this time with no 'pesky inyamiris' to compete with and edge them out based on merit).....and they've tenaciously held onto this so-called 'birthright' up until the ' angryinfidel fisherman from Otuoke angry' came on the scene and messed up their hustle!

God only kept him alive this long so he can rue the wrong choices he's made in life, and see the consequences such choices have brought to his people and the entire country in general!

With Gowon i prefer to let sleeping dogs lie, but you bastards (who i suspect are not even from his ethnic group) keep on stirring up bad feelings against thinking you're mocking Igbos/Biafrans!

I wish nincompoops like you were around your present age in 1967. Your unbalanced reasoning would have pushed you to the war front. Unlike Ojukwu who had the opportunity to disguise as a woman and run away, yours might have been different.
Get it into your thick skull. The fact that there is no Biafra is enough to make Gowon a more fulfilled man than any of your kindred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Lucasbalo(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
01karma:
thank you. But you would be needing a visa to visit Biafra any time soon. cheesy

Have a good night rest cool
That's funny. It's 3.33pm here. Goodnight to u over there.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lucasbalo:
That's funny. It's 3.33pm here. Goodnight to u over there.
hahahahahaha my bad.. Have a goodday than cheesy
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by naijaking1: 9:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
Happy birthday to Gowon, but please don't die without answering the following questions:

1. As the principal secratary to Ironsi, what really happened to your boss?
2. Sarduana of Sokoto was known to have pledged using northern christians like you as an instrument of to extend Othman dan Fodios empire to the Ocean in the south, and a situation verified by more recent events of Fulani attacks on your Berom folks, do you have any regrets failing to protect fellow christians, mainly Igbos leaving in the north from organized genocide by the same Hausa/Fulani people when you had powers to do so?
3. What really happened at Aburi? Please don't tell us that Ojukwu was more prepared for the meeting, while you came for a vacation.
4. If Aburi was a pivotal moment to have prevented the war, why didn't you take it seriously?
5. Finally, sir, and for the sake of your children, grand children yet unborn, when are we going to have your own account of the civil war like those of Obasanjo, Madiebo, Ojukwu, and even Achebe.

5 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by akpumping7720(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
01karma:
hahahahahahaha when i said you are suffering from poor education, you would think am been unfair.

simple comprehension!! Now go back and read that line again and don't forget to modify you post grin grin grin grin
Hey take it easy dude..... urs is too much. Ave been following ur comment on dis thread. Nobody hate d igbos. I did history dude. I repeat nobody hate d igbos. Ur fellow man who ruled dis country was d architect of dis shit u guyz are seeing today. Am talking of Aguyi Ironsi, Nigeria first head of state, Aguyi politicize d army, there were lot of criminal activities during his reign, he refused to prosecute d perpertrators mainly because dey were igbos. Some westerners and northerners were killed, u guys had d golden chance of producing d first military head of state but u didn't used it well. Now, Ojukwu would ave won d battle but it was fought at d wrong time. Its true, dat u guyz are blessed, no doubt about dat, but one thing u people lack is RESPECT. Humility can take a man to anywhere he wants to go....... It is not by u dominating or not. So, and one thing u should know in war is that 'everything is fair in war' even d some said d meaning of NAIRA is Never Allow Igbo Rule Again.... I will tell u dis again, Ojukwu fought d war at d wrong time. So, pls calm down and don't allow anybody spoonfeed u again with lies and hatred. And go do d Research dude, d only tribe in Nigeria, d foreigners respect and fear most are the Hausas.... Coz d hausas are so united and dey speak with one voice and wen u talk about Humility give it to dem.... And u begin to wonder, 'why is it so, do dey contribute anytin 2 Nigeria's economy'. D igbos and yorubas ave sometins in common, we don't speak with one voice'. So, cool down ur temper and let's carry on wit life. Don't ever have it in mind dat u can igbonize Nigeria coz nobody will even allow d igbos to preside over dem , and of coz I hope u still remember Where Nigeria military headquarter is? Dey have a reason for putting it there and not in d East' coz no Nigeria can trust d igbos again for what Aguyi and Ojukwu did.... So all igbos should be patient and let us all be in UNITY.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by davidflipcy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
01karma:
yea it is good he is still hale and hearty, so that he could see how mesirable the Nigeria he fought and killed for have become 44year after the civil war.

trust me, his mind would be filled with regret for what he did because Nigeria of today had nothing to write home about.

What could Nigeria have done without the igbos?? Ok now, just imagine Nigeria without the igbo, poor economic right? international trade 0% right ? Economic dominant in African 0% right? Low GDP right? ( igbo contribute 80% of Nigeria GDP if not more)? Filming industry 0% right? Technology would be -5% without the igbo, because even small camera made in Aba would be import by the lazy westerner and northerner!

I tell you solemly the death of the fateful Biafrans would remain in our heart and their death would be avenge very very soon.

Biafra would reign and nigeria would never know peace! angry
on top this baseless facts u just dropped, none of una don rich reach Dangote. Useless flat heads
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
davidflipcy:
on top this baseless facts u just dropped, none of una don rich reach Dangote. Useless flat heads
hahahaha another cone head that could not use his brain, i thought only few of you were suffering from free/cheap education but i don't know most of you went through that line

Now let me enligten you a bit. Dangote had monopolitized the north. The richer he get, the poorer the people becomes, you know why? There is no equitable distribution of resource.

while in the east, the resource are equally distributed which makes almost every body live above $1 per day.

Awolowo have done more harm than Good with his free education cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
akpumping7720:

Hey take it easy dude..... urs is too much. Ave been following ur comment on dis thread. Nobody hate d igbos. Am an historian and I teach government. I repeat nobody hate d igbos. Ur fellow man who ruled dis country was d architect of dis shit u guyz are seeing today. Am talking of Aguyi Ironsi, Nigeria first head of state, Aguyi politicize d army, there were lot of criminal activities during his reign, he refused to prosecute d perpertrators mainly because dey were igbos. Some westerners and northerners were killed, u guys had d golden chance of producing d first military head of state but u didn't used it well. Now, Ojukwu would ave won d battle but it was fought at d wrong time. Its true, dat u guyz are blessed, no doubt about dat, but one thing u people lack is RESPECT. Humility can take a man to anywhere he wants to go....... It is not by u dominating or not. So, and one thing u should know in war is that 'everything is fair in war' even d some said d meaning of NAIRA is Never Allow Igbo Rule Again.... I will tell u dis again, Ojukwu fought d war at d wrong time. So, pls calm down and don't allow anybody spoonfeed u again with lies and hatred. And go do d Research dude, d only tribe in Nigeria, d foreigners respect and fear most are the Hausas.... Coz d hausas are so united and dey speak with one voice and wen u talk about Humility give it to dem.... And u begin to wonder, 'why is it so, do dey contribute anytin 2 Nigeria's economy'. D igbos and yorubas ave sometins in common, we don't speak with one voice'. So, cool down ur temper and let's carry on wit life. Don't ever have it in mind dat u can igbonize Nigeria coz nobody will even allow d igbos to preside over dem , and of coz I hope u still remember Where Nigeria military headquarter is? Dey have a reason for putting it there and not in d East' coz no Nigeria can trust d igbos again for what Aguyi and Ojukwu did.... So all igbos should be patient and let us all be in UNITY.
Who is taking about ruling Nigeria?? Those that took power after Aguyi Irosi, what are the spetacular thing they could be remenber for?

I don't care who foreigner respect because they are leaving in pretence and deceit.

hahahaha militry headquater not been in the east, dude this this is no 1967, its 2014!! If you think am lieing asking boko haram where they got their amunitions from. I hope you know what i mean.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Frankestein08(m): 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Well they say that as one gets older, he also gets wiser but am not so sure this applies to everybody cos some people are 71yrs old & still fighting with people he's supposed to be a mentor to, I don't need to say much cos u already know who am talking about & if unah dey support am, well I pray u'll grow & get wise b4 71 anyway HBD to Gen Yakubu Gowon, not that I like u tho bt u've got my respect sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My View On Buhari's Wife And Her Evil N137 Million IDP Donation. / Why Nigeria’s Bandits Are Recruiting Women For Gunrunning / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.