Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) (83344 Views)

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) / The 5 Best And Famous-Brand MTK Android Phones Launched Towards The End Of 2015 / Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Forwetinnah: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wonderlands:

you when go school clap for yourself na

No mind the hediat. .so because the phones are cheap they should flood the Nigerian market with rubbish. Na people like am dey buy fone wey immediately you charge an na voice mail e enter!!
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
Forwetinnah:

No mind the hediat. .so because the phones are cheap they should flood the Nigerian market with rubbish. Na people like am dey buy gone wey immediately you charge an na voice mail e enter!!

lwkm o
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Forwetinnah: 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

You dont seem to be educated with your comment or your parent simply wasted money sending you to school, dont you know the introduction of new brands and products drive competition and it is the consumers that benefits from a lower cost of the product because of the price war between brands? I hope i have saved you from mental slavery, mumu.

Are you on constant replay?? How come youre replying any post that opposes your rubbish with the same post?? Na wetin dem teach you for your marketing school Mr limited Vocabulary
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by tolustx(m): 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Mr Educated...do we have a regulatory body to check some of these products or dolts like you just hype any rubbish that comes into the market in the name of "competition drive", oponi. .what's the competition there if the product is bad? Do you think people would still patronise it?? Can a fake product compete over a good one..you're not so intelligent after all, people save up to buy good ptoducts. If you buy things because they're cheap then you're phooolish!!
dnt u think u might ve jst accused d producers of dat fone wrongly. U jst called it fake, wen u?e not even handled it. That samsung nd iphones ve been arnd 4 a long tym doesn't mean no oda maker can produce dr quality of products or even beta qualities.

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by obailala(m): 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
ugwum007:

serious people re not stupid. ...
i dont understand this undecided
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by ElPhenomenal(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Good news
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Sheggy13(m): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
The wiko brand is even expensive. Check the prices on Jumia. The flagship one Highway sells for 52k with 2350mAh battery, 2gb Ram and 16gb internal memory that cannot be expanded with memory card. The camera is just the only special thing, 16mp back camera and 8mp front camera. The Lenny variant is 21k with 512mb Ram, 4gb internal memory, 1800mAh battery and very poor camera of 5mp back camera and 0.5mp front camera. Can u compare that with infinix zero that sells for #20,900 with 1gb Ram, 8gb internal memory, 1920mAh battery, 13mp back camera and 5mp front camera. I'd rather buy London used Sony Xperia, HTC or Samsung, or brand new infinix or Gionee than this Wiko of a phone. Didn't they know it was fair pricing that endeared people to the likes of tecno, Gionee and infinix when they came into the market. They are coming new into the Nigerian market with such ridiculous prices. They're on a long thing. Good luck to them.

2 Likes

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Forwetinnah: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
tolustx:
dnt u think u might ve jst accused d producers of dat fone wrongly. U jst called it fake, wen u?e not even handled it. That samsung nd iphones ve been arnd 4 a long tym doesn't mean no oda maker can produce dr quality of products or even beta qualities.

You should know where the argument started from. I asked if there was a body checking these products as with most countries...that otondo brought the issue of cheapness and competition, let's face it..There are tones of fake phones flying around in Nigeria. People buy durable items..what's the essence of buying 6 phones a year because they are cheap?? I asked a question and he came at me with rants??
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Electronzeez(m): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lagusta:
Who is that $tup1d he-diot ranting about that a french company makes chink phones...

Why cant people just learn how to read

As if samsung and htc no be ch1nk0

sheer ignorance....now let me educate you on HHP for free.

Did you know samsung is the key producerfor chips production in some of apple devices like ipad and iphone.
The last time i checked samsung is a south korea company while HTC is from taiwan. So on what bases do nigerians like you call every phone produce from the east china made(chinco)??.

Les i forgt the ipad and iphone you see around and consider "non chinco" are all manufactured in apple major factory located in china.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by MrHighSea: 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hahahaha. Rainbow, highway, fizz , sunset, goa. Once a CHINKO, u remain CHINKO. I only hate it cos e wan dy lyk BB. XPERIA all d way.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by eunisam: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
[quote author=DatEbiraBoy post=27493974][/quote]
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by SexyRihanna(f): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
ayobarmy:
my dear, not all question google can answer, so u are in the best possition to answer this. Or else the igwe must hear this matter.
i have never witnessed such,i got my bf on google search. Lols
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by treatise: 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tweetums:
black market for that mater

It wasn't purchased in the black market, I got them from www.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tweetums:
So Nigeria is now their dumping ground for chinko phones because of cheap things we like to buy abi?

Nigerians, na wa for Una. IPhone 6 sells for 200k u say its too expensive, now a company is bringing an affordable phone to Nigeria u still say naija is a dumping ground. Which way sef, can u ever be satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by adepiero: 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

You dont seem to be educated with your comment or your parent simply wasted money sending you to school, dont you know the introduction of new brands and products drive competition and it is the consumers that benefits from a lower cost of the product because of the price war between brands? I hope i have saved you from mental slavery, mumu.
Within yourself am sure you'll be proud with the nonsense you just spilled here grin

so sad your parent wasted money sponsoring a degenerate like you tongue

Minding your business is a fulltime job, stay employed. #MOFO
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
nani667:

It will never put any pressure on samsung.... Samsung devices will still sell Irrespective of whether or not these Chink0 peeps keep dumping their crap phones here.... It's Tecno that should be concerned

Wiko is a French company and not chinko, u should get ur facts right. Moreover what is it with chinko by the way, are we better than them? In case u don't know . The one plus one is a china phone and its still one of the best android phones out there sitting on top of the food chain and very affordable because they don't pay big money for adverts like Samsung and HTC.

Wiko highway sells for N52,000 on jumia. That it is cheap doesn't mean its a bad phone, the price is reduced because they don't pay millions in adverts.

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by KingMswati: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
GEJ till 2019!
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Electronzeez(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wonderlands:
instead of me to buy this china mtk phones i will rather buy UK used samsng galaxy or sony xperia. those phones are made with power. not this rubbish

oh God! will u guys stop wallowing in technological illusion??.

What if i tell you 70% of apple product are manufactured in china will you call apple device a chinco after knowing that??.

Do not blame china for the rampant fake phones you see in nigeria market, they are only producing according to specification set by the owner of such bussiness.

And i don't need to tell you the c in c who bring these phones to nigeria.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Chibokgame: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wao!
So Wike has started bring ing goodies to Naija !
That's good for a political name.
And Amaechi is still yet to lunch his own .
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

What if i tell you 70% of apple product are manufactured in china will you call apple device a chinco after knowing that??.

Do not blame china for the rampant fake phones you see in nigeria market, they are only producing according to specification set by the owner of such bussiness.

dude i know apple assembles her phones in china and designed in America with expensive components unlike this china andriod made with cheap components
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

The annoying thing is most people don't even know that wiko is a French company, not China. Even if it is China, all Apple products are assembled in China, techinall they are made in China. Instead of appreciating good things we keep bashing. The one plus one is a China phone sold for half the price of a galaxy s5, but that phone will stand head to head with the s5, with the s5 edging out just by a small margin, but one plus one is a win considering its price.

Samsung and HTC phones are expensive because they pay millions in advertisement and get the money back from consumers. Yes they innovate but those other companies aren't far behind. Before anyone starts bashing me, I don't use tecno, I use HTC one m8 but I appreciate a good phone when I see one.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2014
abatically:

Wiko is a French company and not chinko, u should get ur facts right. Moreover what is it with chinko by the way, are we better than them? In case u don't know . The one plus one is a china phone and its still one of the best android phones out there sitting on top of the food chain and very affordable because they don't pay big money for adverts like Samsung and HTC.

Wiko highway sells for N52,000 on jumia. That it is cheap doesn't mean its a bad phone, the price is reduced because they don't pay millions in adverts.

wait u wanna tell me this phones can perform like samsung phones or. xperia when compared?
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wonderlands:

wait u wanna tell me this phones can perform like samsung phones or. xperia when compared?

Dude, the xperia z3 sells for 100k plus while this phone sells for 52k. That is half the price, and its still got a 1080p display , 2g of ram and what core processor. For half the price of the xperia z3 it's a bargain. The xperia might edge it but not by a big margin. The price is justifiable.

The one plus one is half the price of xperia z2 but bech Mark result shows the one plus one is more powerful with its snapdragon 801 and 3gig of ram and 1080p display.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by ajf(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
ojeffo:
NCC AND OTHER RELEVANT AGENCIES SHOULD PLS REGULATE THIS MADNESS BEFORE IT GOES OUT OF HAND...ITS A GROWING CANCER.
Why should it be stopped? Is this negatively affecting the economy? Or is it positively affecting it? Will 'chinko' phones cut short the average life span of Nigerians? What cancer? Be honest with yourself, you are just angry that a road side mechanic might be using a phone with almost the same functions as your expensive phone by paying way less.

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by joseph1832(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
tolustx:
my argument then was jst dat we shud not condemn d present situation except we ve tried to correct it. We shud always make comments with a degree of optimism. Nigeria is getting beta by d day. Our optimism and right attitude wil aid d growth. God Bless Nigeria

We ve even deviated so much frm d topic of discussion.
We can only be the present situation in the country by constructively criticizing our leaders!. Which solution do you hope we could proffer?. We are not in leadership position the only way we can speak or show our outright displeasure is by speaking against government bad policy and high handedness and wastefulness.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Johnnoo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

The educated illiterate in you didn't allow follow the line of reasoning that crystalized my comment. Even your parents failed to educate you about mutual respect in a forum like NL. Just stop cursing and go home wink
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Electronzeez(m): 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
abatically:

The annoying thing is most people don't even know that wiko is a French company, not China. Even if it is China, all Apple products are assembled in China, techinall they are made in China. Instead of appreciating good things we keep bashing. The one plus one is a China phone sold for half the price of a galaxy s5, "but that phone will stand head to head with the s5",
sir this is wrong...you want to compare a 2.5GHZ quad core snapdragon processor with a 1.3 dual core processor? And u dont want to comapare and AMOLED screen(S5) with ordinary HD screen by wiko?..do u?
with the s5 edging out just by a small margin, but one plus one is a win considering its price.

Samsung and HTC phones are expensive because they pay millions in advertisement and get the money back from consumers. "Yes they innovate but those other companies aren't far behind"
ask google android what will happen to them should samsung stop operating the software.
The last time i checked samsung hardwares is found to run 60% of google android and having a share of 55% in the smart phone market even more than apple.
. Before anyone starts bashing me, I don't use tecno, I use HTC one m8 but I appreciate a good phone when I see one.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by 3rdeye1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
ojeffo:
NCC AND OTHER RELEVANT AGENCIES SHOULD PLS REGULATE THIS MADNESS BEFORE IT GOES OUT OF HAND...ITS A GROWING CANCER.
should they regulate the kinda phones we buy? Wetin concern plane say road no good.. I don't see how this affects NCC!
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
Electronzeez:
sir this is wrong...you want to compare a 2.5GHZ quad core snapdragon processor with a 1.3 dual core processor? And u dont want to comapare and AMOLED screen(S5) with ordinary HD screen by wiko?..do u?

Sir, I was talking about one plus one. U can google it urself, it is running cynaomodgen 11 out of the box based on android 4.4.2, and its a product of china. 1080p display, 5.5 inches, snapdragon 801 processor, 13 mp camera and 3 gig of ram. In terms of raw power this phone packs a lot, and cynogenmod is a win win because it comes out of the box, no need to root and I can be assured of updates from cynogenmod.

And guess what, it sells for $350 for the 64gb version. That is half the price of the galaxy s5 but functionally it is on per with the s5.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by ojinku(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
When I first saw it, I thought it was Wike phones launched in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Best Android Phones 2015 / Unlock A Locked Memory Card / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.