Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) (83355 Views)

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) / The 5 Best And Famous-Brand MTK Android Phones Launched Towards The End Of 2015 / Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by decepticos(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
ojeffo:
NCC AND OTHER RELEVANT AGENCIES SHOULD PLS REGULATE THIS MADNESS BEFORE IT GOES OUT OF HAND...ITS A GROWING CANCER.
I guess its more of an SON job dan an NCC's
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
Even if dem dash me for free.......Nigerians like cheap looking stuff too much embarassed
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by nani667: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2014
abatically:

Wiko is a French company and not chinko, u should get ur facts right. Moreover what is it with chinko by the way, are we better than them? In case u don't know . The one plus one is a china phone and its still one of the best android phones out there sitting on top of the food chain and very affordable because they don't pay big money for adverts like Samsung and HTC.

Wiko highway sells for N52,000 on jumia. That it is cheap doesn't mean its a bad phone, the price is reduced because they don't pay millions in adverts.

Err... N52,000 is NOT cheap sir.... That's about the same price as Tecno Phantom Z.... Yet the specs is nothing compared to Phantom Z..... Wiko certainly didn't do their homework before coming to Nigeria, their ridiculous pricing will be their downfall....

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Tweetums(f): 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
abatically:

Nigerians, na wa for Una. IPhone 6 sells for 200k u say its too expensive, now a company is bringing an affordable phone to Nigeria u still say naija is a dumping ground. Which way sef, can u ever be satisfied?
wait, precisely they should regulate the market well... They came to the market now still producing old spec of phone we AV used before. Is it good for a company to be releasing 2phone a month with little differences? They just after our money....
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Tweetums(f): 4:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
treatise:

It wasn't purchased in the black market, I got them from www.
ok
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Lagusta(m): 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
Electronzeez:

sheer ignorance....now let me educate you on HHP for free.

Did you know samsung is the key producerfor chips production in some of apple devices like ipad and iphone.
The last time i checked samsung is a south korea company while HTC is from taiwan. So on what bases do nigerians like you call every phone produce from the east china made(chinco)??.

Les i forgt the ipad and iphone you see around and consider "non chinco" are all manufactured in apple major factory located in china.

were you trying to quote me, or the one i quoted.... Cos we are both on the same track...

In fact, tecno is a HONG KONG company, not chinese....

So i dont know why nigerians just brand phones CHINK0 if the arent samsung, htc, xperia or iphone....

Smd
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by jevic(m): 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
Na waoo.
I wonder how such a phone was designed with the battery irreplaceable.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by OSFarinde(m): 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
joseph1832:
A professor of mine once told me that "an average Nigerian is between a white slowpoke and a Chimpanzee".

All we do is consume and consume ad infinitum. Our country is now a place where the world at large now dump their products for us to consume. Even the white man will not consume the way we do here.

Even our women now lobby to consume white men and allow them dump their semen in them.

Haba father! Is this how far we've fallen as a people?!.

Your professor must be a wack one.. Introduction of different brands of cellphone to the Nigeria market does not in anyway constitute dumping.. Can everyone afford a Samsung device or an iPhone ? Even in the US , there are a lot of phone brands .. Is the US a dumping ground too.. .Nigeria with the prospect of becoming one of the 20 biggest nation should in fact keep welcoming competition with a strong quality control measures because competition can only make things better..
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by odave: 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
treatise:

Dear tweetum, what you said is an understatement. I started using in mobile phones 2003 and the worst phone I have ever bought is innjoo brand(from Jumia), I will do comprehensive report soon when I am done with job at hand. The innjoo i2 they touted to be 8gb internal memory is actually less than 4GB(see attached), the FI they claim to be 4GB internal memory is less than 1 GB. When you receive call via the phone , from the very first second, the heat from the ear piece can peel your skin if you speak for up to 30 nminutes. I do not know the roles NCC play.

May God help Nigerians !

This guy almost kee me wt lafta o, honestly lwkm! Injoo!!!!! Chai
grin grin
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by DaBullIT(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tecno is Ok
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Xano(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
ojeffo:
NCC AND OTHER RELEVANT AGENCIES SHOULD PLS REGULATE THIS MADNESS BEFORE IT GOES OUT OF HAND...ITS A GROWING CANCER.

I agree with you. I'm not interested in this brand and its brother/sister brand.

For those who advocate more of this influx for competition, there is a difference between good and bad competition. This is not good at all. You all should know of the acceptable and International scientifically approved radiation reading for electronic devices.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by saleskara: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2014
tecno z goes for N52,999 that is about the cheapest price online. It still remains a durable phone for its price at kara
nani667:

Err... N52,000 is NOT cheap sir.... That's about the same price as Tecno Phantom Z.... Yet the specs is nothing compared to Phantom Z..... Wiko certainly didn't do their homework before coming to Nigeria, their ridiculous pricing will be their downfall....
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by joseph1832(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
OSFarinde:

Your professor must be a wack one.. Introduction of different brands of cellphone to the Nigeria market does not in anyway constitute dumping.. Can everyone afford a Samsung device or an iPhone ? Even in the US , there are a lot of phone brands .. Is the US a dumping ground too.. .Nigeria with the prospect of becoming one of the 20 biggest nation should in fact keep welcoming competition with a strong quality control measures because competition can only make things better..
Blah blah blah... Rhetorics and more rhetoric as usual.

Only in Nigeria will a man day "I will build a bridge" and people rejoice as if he has actuallu built the bridge.

Let Nigeria be among the 20 biggest nation before you comment abeg.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by igbsam(m): 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

You dont seem to be educated with your comment or your parent simply wasted money sending you to school, dont you know the introduction of new brands and products drive competition and it is the consumers that benefits from a lower cost of the product because of the price war between brands? I hope i have saved you from mental slavery, mumu.

Clap for yourself. Keep encouraging such....you are the one here who needs basic eduction. Anoufia. Ewu gambia.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Xano(m): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

You dont seem to be educated with your comment or your parent simply wasted money sending you to school, dont you know the introduction of new brands and products drive competition and it is the consumers that benefits from a lower cost of the product because of the price war between brands? I hope i have saved you from mental slavery, mumu.

Dude, do you know about radiation and quality control? Do we have a governing body in Nigeria who can effectively supervise this?
The brother is right. Your post is immature.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 5:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
nani667:

Err, u talk as if tecno phantom z is superior. They both run on Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A7 processor. They both have 16mp fear facing and 8mp front facing camera. They both run on 2gb of ram, 1080 ×1920 screen resolution, similar screen size, wiko got Bluetooth 4.0 while the tecno has Bluetooth 3.0.

As u can see, they both are similar in terms of specs but wiko highway has a better build quality. Specs is not everything, it depends on how oem's optimize their software . both phones are similar and price is just about right.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Xano(m): 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
treatise:

Dear tweetum, what you said is an understatement. I started using in mobile phones 2003 and the worst phone I have ever bought is innjoo brand(from Jumia), I will do comprehensive report soon when I am done with job at hand. The innjoo i2 they touted to be 8gb internal memory is actually less than 4GB(see attached), the FI they claim to be 4GB internal memory is less than 1 GB. When you receive call via the phone , from the very first second, the heat from the ear piece can peel your skin if you speak for up to 30 nminutes. I do not know the roles NCC play.

May God help Nigerians !

The heat from earpiece is a health hazard. Avoid it.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by phazotron(m): 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wonderlands:
instead of me to buy this china mtk phones i will rather buy UK used samsng galaxy or sony xperia. those phones are made with power. not this rubbish

mofo

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Sarhyd(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
Immediately they see its two sums, they say it's chinko...you people should chill,,samsung sef get two sim

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wonderlands:
instead of me to buy this china mtk phones i will rather buy UK used samsng galaxy or sony xperia. those phones are made with power. not this rubbish

I use to be a Samsung die hard fan. I've owned the galaxy s2, galaxy note 1, Samsung galaxy s3 and note 2 (all bought brand new). But one thing with Samsung phones is they try to pack every funtions into their phones, most are something u don't even use and some of them don't even work like the smart stay, s voice, etc. On the long run, their phones will start lagging after a few months of use.

My eyes are opened now, instead of buying the galaxy s4 I bought HTC one m7 last year and till date that phone does not lag one bit even though it is running on snapdragon 600 processor, plus I get one of the best hardware u can get on an android phone ( on par with the iPhone). The phone feels premium rather than Samsung's cheap plastic. This year I also ignored the galaxy s5 and got an LG G3 which to me feels more premium, better value for money.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Bluffly: 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2014
ojeffo:
Which madness are you talking about?
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Dacronym(m): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2014
This is a welcome development. At least no one should be left behind in the smart phone revolution all because they are not privileged to be rich.

A lot of evil minded Nigerians made up of yahoo-yahoo boys, runz girls, children of the rich etc are getting frustrated that the features they enjoy in the expensive high-end phones is now being made available to everyone at affordable prices; else I wonder why anyone should be disturbed by such a positive development. Thank you very much.
Most of yall better listen to this.

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by pedro08: 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tweetums:
So Nigeria is now their dumping ground for chinko phones because of cheap things we like to buy abi?
well u wouldn't hav said dat if u knew d diffrence btw chinese and european technology.calling european phone chinko.rubbish.dnt ever say dat again.european technology is d hub of modern technology.asians are just copycats.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
Flye:
How much? Is it cheaper than tecno, infinix, injoo, jaiyu etc? If yes please what is the price? Cos me i have been searching for phone with quadcore 2.0 ghz, 2gb ram, 16gb rom 5inch 400ppi with 3000mah battery for less than 25k.
Lol
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
pedro08:
well u wouldn't hav said dat if u knew d diffrence btw chinese and european technology.calling european phone chinko.rubbish.dnt ever say dat again.european technology is d hub of modern technology.asians are just copycats.

This is a load of BS. Europeans technology the hub of modern technology? Asians are copycats? Don't make me laugh. Maybe in terms of automobile I can agree with u, but even at that the Japanese are not far behind. Toyota made hybrid cars a household name with the prius don't forget and they have cars that can at least stand against the Europeans.

What about phones? Name one European phone that is top of the food chain. Or maybe u think the iPhone is an European product. Samsung, htc, LG, sony all are Asian companies, what do the Europeans have?

What about household equipment like hdtv, blu ray players, washing machines, home theatres, cameras, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. The names u will see are still sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp, Panasonic. All are Asian companies. So tell me how European technology is the hub of modern technology. Dem dey learn.

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by JayJustus(m): 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
stop making noise about China phones they are the best moreover the iPhone Y'll rant about is coupled in China, Samsung in Korea... it makes no difference...has anyone tried China based phones like Xiaomi, Oppo ?? when you try then you can bitch about it
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by edo3(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
igbsam:
Nigeria now the dumping ground for all dis unknown mobile phones. Wiko ko, wike nI......
So nyisom wike has abandoned his political ambitions N enters phone business because of APC overwhelming rally of saturday?? The fear of Amaechi is d beginning of wisdom..
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by godunia(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rocking my gionee m2,4200 mAh,1gb RAM etc for less than 23k.wike abi wako go n die
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by odave: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
abatically:

This is a load of BS. Europeans technology the hub of modern technology? Asians are copycats? Don't make me laugh. Maybe in terms of automobile I can agree with u, but even at that the Japanese are not far behind. Toyota made hybrid cars a household name with the prius don't forget and they have cars that can at least stand against the Europeans.

What about phones? Name one European phone that is top of the food chain. Or maybe u think the iPhone is an European product. Samsung, htc, LG, sony all are Asian companies, what do the Europeans have?

What about household equipment like hdtv, blu ray players, washing machines, home theatres, cameras, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. The names u will see are still sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp, Panasonic. All are Asian companies. So tell me how European technology is the hub of modern technology. Dem dey learn.
Oga you are making sense jare..that's just it, well said bro, God bless you.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Solozzo(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
Flye:
How much? Is it cheaper than tecno, infinix, injoo, jaiyu etc? If yes please what is the price? Cos me i have been searching for phone with quadcore 2.0 ghz, 2gb ram, 16gb rom 5inch 400ppi with 3000mah battery for less than 25k.

Price range from 3500-52000Naira. Check details here: http://www./wiko/?gclid=CKTo85rKzcECFSflwgoddKsA1A
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
I've got a wiko Iggy, got it in Jan. Its been in France ever since.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
ojeffo:

That's all you guys know.
Regulate regulate regulate
When they regulate and regulate nonsense. You guys will start shouting that the government is wicked.

Let free market take its course.
That being said , the phone is crappy and since crappy and cheap sells in Nigeria, they have a market

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Best Android Phones 2015 / Unlock A Locked Memory Card / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.