Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (47322 Views)

Defection: PDP Loses Suit Against Amaechi,Kwankwaso,Others / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
Stop unnecessary argument,

You should have taken correction and moved on... you included the word ALL which was not in the section you quoted... is that hard for you take?

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Donkeys have holes. You need a real nigga? Sorry, can't help you.
ok hole,howdahell u know donkeys gat hole? Huh? If u know donkeys gat holes,then its certain u know what other donkeys n perhaps broncos gat! Hey biitch,dahell u've bn playing with? Dahell u've bn....hey,now why is that asaltian beside u limping?
This is a no brainer honestly. Tambuwal has no constitutional basis for his defection. PDP should simply sack him through a court process. LP can go to court to know Mimiko's basis for leaving the LP

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by jamace(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
Tambuwal will be physically bundled out of that seat should he refuses to do the needful. I trust some PDP speakers in that house. grin
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Gogetta(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

A story for the gods... Tambuwal in a couple of hours will cease to be the speaker.

Did OBJ not sack Atiku from Vice President?

U people are learning politics...
Dude!! You again? Obj sacked Atiku? Bwahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by MrKevinBig(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
grin
malele:
He has to resign , u can't deflect from a party that gave u power and still retain power.
'deflect' or defect o! He is still the speaker of the house so long as his a member of the house. That's the position of the Th House Rules. Gbam!!! grin grin if PDP want make they assasinate d guy or mek they go court cos as for impeachment! Out of the box.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by donshaddow(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Shut up! All appointment are subject to approval by the President.

Sorry bra!!! The speaker of a house is chosen (more like voted for) by strictly members of the house... Though the decision can be influenced, but he never be appointed cos he was voted in just like the president.

Bless your soul.

3 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by vicadex07(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
stalyf:
Tambuwal makes history today as the first sitting Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives since 1959 to decamp to the opposition.
I want to thank outgoing Speaker Tambuwal for lifting the veil of his hypocrisy and officially exit to APC where he belongs.
As a self acclaimed democrat and Change agent, one would have expected Speaker Tambuwal to toe the path of honour and do the needful.
Tambuwal's decision to unveil his membership of Minority APC and cling on to House Speakership is a coup on parliamentary democracy.
Tambuwal's decision to retain Speaker from a minority party is the last bare face attack on parliamentary democracy worldwide. It won't stand
Those who talk about impeachment amuse me. There is nothing to be impeached. Tambuwal ceased to be Speaker upon his defection to APC.

Go commot am now
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by modhream: 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
haykay2005:

What is needed is a simple majority and not a two third!
Where do u guys get all this nonsense from?.To impeach the Speaker/deputy speaker,President of the Senate or his deputy,u need 2/3 majority of all members of the particular house.
And no,u don't need to be a member of the majority party in the house in order to be Speaker or President.It helps,but it's not necessary.Tambuwal was elected with the votes of opposition members n a sprinkling of PDP reps,it will take a major movement in the house for PDP to be able to successfully impeach him.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
Jarus:

See why I quit NL politics section?

And why are you here? I thought you quit NL politics section. Dude only said what he thought was right. The bloody door is to the left, pleaseeeeee.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by yetunsbay(m): 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
stalyf:
Tambuwal makes history today as the first sitting Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives since 1959 to decamp to the opposition.
I want to thank outgoing Speaker Tambuwal for lifting the veil of his hypocrisy and officially exit to APC where he belongs.
As a self acclaimed democrat and Change agent, one would have expected Speaker Tambuwal to toe the path of honour and do the needful.
Tambuwal's decision to unveil his membership of Minority APC and cling on to House Speakership is a coup on parliamentary democracy.
Tambuwal's decision to retain Speaker from a minority party is the last bare face attack on parliamentary democracy worldwide. It won't stand
Those who talk about impeachment amuse me. There is nothing to be impeached. Tambuwal ceased to be Speaker upon his defection to APC.
owk SAN
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Chigold101(m): 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
silverprince413:
who demanded him to resign?
the law placed that demand on him PDP only re-echoed what the law is demending...dont forget thatthe law knows nobody...(winks)

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by waternogetenemy: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
Now, I will take the pain to make clear to all u political novice that the most important decisions in politics are not made on the floors of the National Assembly like u presume but in a place unknown to the Public.

This place is called the "corridors of power". Every appointment or decision is made their, otherwise we did never agree on anything at the national assembly.

Kindly, make out the characters in the picture that I have just posted.

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Evathyst(f): 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
I was shocked when I first saw his comment. This shows that the education sector needs overhaul
Uhn? D education sector under our 'amiable' shoeless president. grin

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Donkeys have holes.
Hey nympho,u got my attention u so needed now,only that i aint in da mood 4a fphuukcc...now ur profiles u love dogs..so whatcha bn doing with those daaugs,huh?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by yetunsbay(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
ocelot2006:
I've NEVER heard any case in other democracies around the world were the minority party still retains leadership in the parliament/House of Assembly. Tambuwal must do the honourable thing and resign his position as the speaker.
abegi hw does dt place food on ur table
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by idu1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
Rexxie:

donkey,whoddahell sneaked off ur hay that u breying like u wanna be da top neighing bronco? Huh? Hey brey up something,diickhead n quit trailing my arsse..u not gonna like me on urs..
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=idu1 post=27533311][/quote]
parasitic abokii..yalk stink like shiit..tambothief is a bloody rascal, a grade one robber..n u,a mallam.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:
Uhn? D education sector under our 'amiable' shoeless president. grin
The Best President that transformed our education system from bad to worse
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by jamace(m): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mynd44:
And if he does not resign what will they do? Impeach him? They dont have the necessary two thirds needed to do that.

This is some crazy catch 22

Nigerian politicians are clowns and sometimes, good strategists
He will be physically bundled out of the seat (the demoCRAZY way). grin grin
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Raiders: 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
pro01:

If you don't know what 'epistle' means, then I don't expect you to know the stark difference between a governor's defection and a Speaker defecting from the majority party to a minority party and yet expecting to retain the position he got by virtue of belonging to the majority in the first place! You would also not know that, by global convention, leadership of parliament is reserved for the majority party.

I'm sure this "epistle" is too complicated for you to understand.
Nigeria constitution don't require the majority party to be the speaker. The constitution states that the speaker should only be a member of the house. Also Nigeria don't operate a parliament system of government like in Britain

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Efomeh2020(m): 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
Two third of the members of the house will be able to impeach him. Is d pdp up to two third?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by legendsilver(m): 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
malele:
He has to resign , u can't deflect from a party that gave u power and still retain power.
Go to ondo state and tell Gov mimiko this grin
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mynd44:
And if he does not resign what will they do? Impeach him? They dont have the necessary two thirds needed to do that.

U banned me for talking about APC abi. Welldone madam apc

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by modhream: 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

I know you cited the constitution but you add the word ALL which is not in the constitution. Sec 50 (2)(c) stated:

My argument stands, there is no ALL before members of that house. 80 members is the minimum depending on the number of attending members on the day's sitting
Actually,the Supreme Court in rulings on the Ladoja n Peter Obi impeachment cases have interpreted that n related sections to mean ALL members of the particular house.No shortcut
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by awoononi(m): 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
malele:
What about Doctor Olusegun Mimiko?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
KLand:
This is a legitimate demand by PDP. But I wonder if anything will come out of it. Nigerian politicians are yet to be that honourable. Tambuwal is not an exception.

Tambuwals case is that of a man who rides a tiger and is afraid to dismount lest he ends up in its belly.

His refusing to stepdown is a buffer to save his political career.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by MrKevinBig(m): 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mooaloji:
Two third is 240 and PDP members are not up2. So?
they ll have to rest with it or go to the courts or physical attack him like they did in Rivers.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by pchax: 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mynd44:

Assuming they need 2/3rd to impeach him, I don't see this being a catch 22. If it were a catch 22 scenario, they would need 2/3rds to impeach him; and to get 2/3rd they need to impeach him which is not obviously the case. BTW, they need a simple majority. Messed up law right?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Mynd44: 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
pchax:

Assuming they need 2/3rd to impeach him, I don't see this being a catch 22. If it were a catch 22 scenario, they would need 2/3rds to impeach him; and to get 2/3rd they need to impeach him which is not obviously the case. BTW, they need a simple majority. Messed up law right?

It is a catch 22 cos they have the majority which is what is needed to have the house leader and they dont have the post of leader if Tambuwal does not resign . Get it?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by SenatorBenson: 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mr Hon. Speaker, hw market? hw e dey do u now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rabiu Biyora Defects To PDP, Received By Atiku (Pics) / Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles / President Buhari Meets The 36 State Governors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.