Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (47295 Views)

Defection: PDP Loses Suit Against Amaechi,Kwankwaso,Others / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by GenScatter231: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:
There is no need to place too much emphasises on a gone case. Tambuwal was a nobody before GEJ appointed him speaker of House of Rep, today Tambuwal has returned back to obscurity.

The honourable thing to do Tambuwal as done in any civilised country or model democracy such as the US and UK, is to resign ur post as speaker first and then defect to the opposition.

We have examples of American Congressman and UK MPs that have done so. Defecting is not the problem but resignation? Oh well, prepare for impeachment.
[/b]

[b]Mods, I know nairaland is an APC site alongside sahara reporters but stop hiding comments that criticise APC.

How did GEJ appoint him the speaker? shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Shut up! All appointment are subject to approval by the President.

Is Nigeria a monarchy now?

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by emmykk(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
PDP 206 vs APC 151 members,while APGA 2, Labour party 1,Mr speaker resign or fight will start in that honourable house when you guys return from recess,if you are not lucky you will be Maced.please Mr speaker i beg you with bended kneels resign.

PDP is power when they where 16 vs 19 let alone that the are by far many.death is hovering in the house.

and all those Nairaland APC members who dont know the implication of what is happening in the house.just before 2nd week of November,this shaky shaky speaker will be floor member.

Gej till common sense is sold in the market

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Shut up! [b]All appointment are subject to approval by the President
.[/b]

See why I quit NL politics section?

12 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by IYANGBALI: 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
"...and do IYANGBALI no harm"
yes ooooo
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by IYANGBALI: 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Is Nigeria a monarchy now?
you dey mind dat cow?

3 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Everfrank(m): 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
Tambuwal doesn't need the office anyway. But I hope he gives them a good run for their money. Welcome to APC.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by waternogetenemy: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
Bros must you comment? Stop embarrassing yourself on a public forum.
Very soon you will say that PEJ appointed Fashola as Governor.

No Tambuwal appointed himself..ewu!

I have made my point and have better things to do with my time than play online politics. APC is a clan party for born to rule Northerners and I can't wait to see their faces come Feb 2015 or 2023 for dat matter.

One Naijeria!

5 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by mployer(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mynd44:
And if he does not resign what will they do? Impeach him? They dont have the necessary two thirds needed to do that.

This is some crazy catch 22

Nigerian politicians are clowns and sometimes, good strategists

I actually thought he ought to resign according constitution undecided
If he has a choice to remain, they Can do him nothin
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by GuyFawkes: 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

So you were taught in Government the Executive approves the Legislature Unless its a bill that was passed.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by onatisi(m): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
samento:
My brother don't mind them. Most of them are half baked. Book no easy now.
bros I tire oo,most people just read an heading and start typing.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by mamatino99: 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
But it's that office that made him what he is today.this mr speaker should resign period
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Gbawe: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
GenScatter231:

How did GEJ appoint him the speaker? shocked shocked shocked

Are you minding the uneducated and ignorant feudalists who use this forum? What an utterly daft thing to say. Are you telling me we have Nigerians who are this 'dense'? Incredible.

3 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by homesteady(m): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
If tambuwal is really a principled man and not like the average do or die politician, he should relinquish that Sit!
Because as far as I'm concerned, he is still part of the government that is either bringing hardship or enjoyment for us!

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Gbawe: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
Jarus:

See why I quit NL politics section?

Can't blame you. The place is full of highly ignorant and unintelligent thugs. The irony is that these ignoramuses , when they have nothing sensible to say, insist on speaking louder and more insultingly than all others. Tragic.

7 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by kalamayat: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
[quote aut=barcanista post=27529609] You goofed sir...

Under Section 50(2)(c) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), the President of the Senate or the Speaker can be removed from office if supported by the votes of “two-thirds” of all the members.[/quote]
Mr. With all due respect, have you heard about indefinite suspension from the house?
This option is easier because it requires just a simple majority

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
You goofed sir...

Under Section 50(2)(c) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), the President of the Senate or the Speaker can be removed from office if supported by the votes of “two-thirds” of all the members.

Correction Sir, it is not two-third of ALL members. It is two-thirds majority of the members of that House. By your interpretation, the speaker can be impeached only by 240 or more members, however by constitution, 80 members is the minimal required number to remove the speaker depending on the number of members present

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by emmasege: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
I just detest that Tambuwal guy, he's such a green snake under green grass. He should have just done the honourable thing by resigning. I wish we were still in the days of Baba iyabo & I hope OBJ will be non partisan enough by advising Tambourine to resign & let us have peace in d NASS.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Walelavender(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wow! Here comes a piece for Nollywood. Let's rock it,while it lasts. But come o, APC is becoming a formidable opposition daily. Lets kick out horrible and classless leaders come 2015!
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by stalyf(m): 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
mascot87:

For your mind, u don make sense ba.

Yes.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by IYANGBALI: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Chisos shocked must you display your ignorance in the public?you are a disgrace to democracy grin

4 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
The game has began! Alhaji Tambuwal kindly do the needful.

You can't eat your cake and have it at the same time!

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by DONLEKAN: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
PDP apologist should stop whining. Tambuwal is free to declare for APC with no consequence whatsoever, We know it hurts but unfortunately, we cant help you.

3 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by edgyslim: 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
anonimi:

This is not about 'petty politics' it is about doing what is not only honourable but LAWFUL.

Perhaps you know an assembly of lawmakers where someone from a minority party is Speaker. Hope you won't mind sharing such information with us

We black people need to learn to behave like civilised folks who make rules and follow them even when TEMPORARILY inconvenient instead of doing JUNGLE justice at will as of we are yet to evolve & distinguish ourselves from our primate ancestors shocked

10 bucks says if our able Gov. Fashola joins pdp you won't make the above comment.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Osakah24(m): 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
Now that tambuwal has jumped into the holy party where corruption is washed away by the blood of innocent nigerians in the name of insurgency,I guess all his sins are finally washed away. Behold the savior of Sokoto state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Toktee(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
And what about all the apc members that decamp to pdp,when are they losing their seat.
Pdp is a joke!
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Toktee(m): 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Osakah24:
Now that tambuwal has jumped into the holy party where corruption is washed away by the blood of innocent nigerians in the name of insurgency,I guess all his sins are finally washed away. Behold the savior of Sokoto state.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Gaman(m): 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mynd44:
And if he does not resign what will they do? Impeach him? They dont have the necessary two thirds needed to do that.

This is some crazy catch 22

Nigerian politicians are clowns and sometimes, good strategists

Check the statistics of the House again my friend...
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Toktee(m): 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Osakah24:
propaganda machine,what are his sins?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by edgyslim: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
onatisi:
jezzz is this lack of comprehension or education. Read the article and show me where a pdp official was quoted to have asked for his resignation. So in your own vocabulary defection means resignation .abi?

Bros I won't dignify you with a response. Apparently you see only what you want to see.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by tit(f): 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Heating up the polity!
Nigeria has been tending to a boil in 2015.
If Tambuwal refuses to resign from the office of speaker since he is now a member of a minority party,
this can be taken as the first spark,
the flames will now blaze openly in overheating the polity.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
All you have to do is read the following sections of the Nigerian Constitution:

50. (1) There shall be:-

(a) a President and a Deputy President of the Senate, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves; and

(b) a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.

(2) The President or Deputy President of the Senate or the[b] Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives shall vacate his office[/b] -

(a) if he ceases to be a member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, otherwise than by reason of a dissolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives; or

(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

1. Nigeria's constitution does not reserve speaker's position for the ruling or the party that commands the majority. Anyone, regardless of party affiliation, who can mobilize the majority to vote for him/her would be elected the speaker.

2. Once elected, it becomes an uphill task to remove the speaker. While you need a simple majority to elect, you need a 2/3 to remove.

Now, on what basis is PDP calling on Tambuwal to resign?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Suffering In The East Is On Another Level / Matele Attack: Alobi Nsor Is Alive - Missang Oyama / Ahmed Taiwo At Lekki Panel: 'I Wish I Brought A Rifle To Try It On You' - Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.