Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (101373 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
foxxynik:

At ur very best! U've spoken like u've been trained properly!....

Mind telling me what dis ur yoruba ppl have been saying...in english? They seems to be saying many tinz.... Especially the "oro lan sofun omoluabi"
Thanx foxxynix... in english it means it's half word we tell to a child, when d word gets into him, it becomes whole. In order words, a word is enough for d wise
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
Divsy:
Same way sum bf"s wld want u 2 handwash loads of clothes wen u pay dm a visit...wen its nt lyk ure a wyf already..nansinse

Its either u're a lazy girl or u don't love ur man!
Koz Lots of girls out there find pleasure in showing off their womanly idiosyncrasy by washing their clothes and other laundry activities!

Personally, I love it when my girl change into my wears and we gist whilst cleaning up together...
Tho its nt everytime she doz the cleaning!

No offense intended!!!!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by buchiluchi(f): 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
Telemundo In Action grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
rightwoman:

Thanx foxxynix... in english it means it's half word we tell to a child, when d word gets into him, it becomes whole. In order words, a word is enough for d wise

You're welcome..... And thanks for the interpretation!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Olaone1: 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
You can't cook for him because he is not your husbie but you are forever ready to give him the REAL food, abi? The REAL food that needs no salt nor seasoning - that God naturally grafted into all women.

So, which is more damning? And, which is more desirable to a guy who is not your husband? Your guess is as good as mine tongue tongue

Ladies, diaris Goduuu oooo

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Rilwayne001: 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
yhermmie:
It's just like when a guy is cooking and d lady is relaxing on his bed then d guy's mum visits.
GF: Good afternoon ma
MUM: Good afternoon my daughter. Pls,where is Kunle?
GF: He's in the kitchen cooking ma,let me go get him for you.
KUNLE: Mum,good afternoon,u didnt tell me u were coming.
MUM: Yes jare, just came to give u a suprise visit and by d way,what were u doing? Look at d way u re sweating.
KUNLE: I was cooking in d kitchen
MUM: Really? Who is she to u? (points to gf)
KUNLE: Ha, mum, she's my gf
MUM: Ur gf?!
KUNLE: Yes mum
MUM: U must be joking! Ur gf and u were busy cooking for her while she was relaxing on ur bed! Kunle, u've not seen a wife, she's a real ashawo who wants just ur money. Ha! Mo gbe, my son has been charmed....

You can't just cook for man you are not engaged to or married to. am not talking about our modern BF/GF ish.

For the fact his mother did'nt know who you are to him shows that you are neither engaged nor married to him, then i wonder why the mum should conclude that you are not a wife material.

Who knows wether the guy you are cooking for will later dump you like a rag. angry (no offence)

Please present another point, this one is vague

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Rilwayne001: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
yhermmie:

MUM: [s] U must be joking! Ur gf and u were busy cooking for her while she was relaxing on ur bed! Kunle, u've not seen a wife, she's a real ashawo who wants just ur money. Ha! Mo gbe, my son has been charmed.... [/s]

This is not just it.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by zoe123: 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
foxxynik:

We're almost not saying the same thing sweethrt....

I respect ur ideas and ur reasoning as well...

It's totally a nice idea to cook for him! Am nt saying he won't do the needful if u dnt cook for him...
But he'll respect and place u above every other thing in his life...

My gf cooks two different soups every weekends and whenever mum comes visiting she keeps telling me to do and marry her before I lose her... Mum enjoys her cooking as well... The day I took her to meet Dad and mum was plating her hair...she help mum to plate the hair properly and dad said somfin dat made me very happy..dat most girls dnt even knw hw to braid hairs and here she is...d

lt same night she cooked for the house...Dad had no other way of getting convinced than to enquire abt her and they r best of pals today!

My point is....if u're a girl then u have a power to make a man decide to marry u or not...acting like u are a woman even when courtesy demands! Doing those little girly tins could drive a man as far as to get obsess for you!

that's cute sha ,real African woman.but what happens years from now wen she stops doing that? but I still like that in her its cool been trying to learn how to braid. marry her but pls not becos she sabi braid n cooks for ur family.that's y most people are like "but she wasn't this way when we were dating"

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Who knows wether the guy you are cooking for will later dump you like a rag. angry (no offence)

That dumping proceeds the moment she refuses to show off her womanly idiosyncrasy as a girl...

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by eromspete(m): 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
Cook for whoever you want. If you are a good cook it will definitely be in your favour. Most Nigerian meals take lot of time and effort to prepare. Don't slave yourself over cooking for your boyfriend - My Opinion

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by damilola231(f): 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
TahariX:

Lmao. Eyah I guess your tiny brain cannot process the fact that a girlfriend isn't the same as a housemaid.
Really! Cooking for your bf has turned you to a housemaid?
I don't cook in my bf's house evrytime but I don't mind doing it. Afterall, we'll eat it together and he's a good cook also, So we mostly end up cooking together but I don't see anything wrong in cooking for your bf. U re not living together afterall, so it's a once in a while thing
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Kassidy90(m): 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2014
miztola:

If cooking for a man is a sure way of getting married,there won't have been single ladies.
Don't get me wrong sweet@
Y cant u cook for ur BF?
Well sha i dnt knw kind relationship many pple are into.
The problem with most nigerian ladies is hypcrisy u wont be suprise when u see most of the ladies forming i cant cook i cant sweep on NL doing dry cleaning/cook combined with nanny whenever they visit der BF or his family....

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:

that's cute sha ,real African woman.but what happens years from now wen she stops doing that? but I still like that in her its cool been trying to learn how to braid. marry her but pls not becos she sabi braid n cooks for ur family.that's y most people are like "but she wasn't this way when we were dating"

Ofcoz...its now down on me that I MUST marry her!
She isn't the type that changes attitudes...
Unlike most girls...
She's just natural in her doings!
She doesn't front herself...
She's the quiet type!

It isn't a criterion, sweethrt..
I'll marry her for a lot of reasons.
Including the cooking.

So u get the vibes ?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by iykololo(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
[quote
author=TahariX post=27534353]I personally will not cook for anyone I'm
not married to. I can cook for you if you're coming over to visit but
going to someone's house and cooking for them is just a no-no. I'm not
your wife bruh.[/quote] But its ok to ve s*x with ur bf huh? Whc is more sacred? Smh.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Rilwayne001: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
foxxynik:

That dumping proceeds the moment she refuses to show off her womanly idiosyncrasy as a girl...

Yeah!

But guys don't dump there GF for that alone, do you agreee?

Meanwhile, my comment was directed at her post, especially the BF's mom ahe portrayed...that assertion is bogus.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yhermmie(f): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You can't just cook for man you are not engaged to or married to. am not talking about our modern BF/GF ish.

For the fact his mother did'nt know who you are to him shows that you are neither engaged nor married to him, then i wonder why the mum should conclude that you are not a wife material.

This is what a typical nigerian mum will say/do. U get it?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
damilola231:

I don't cook in my bf's house evrytime but I don't mind doing it. Afterall, we'll eat it together and he's a good cook also, So we mostly end up cooking together but I don't see anything wrong in cooking for your bf. U re not living together afterall, so it's a once in a while thing

With your beauty....and such a superlative
most senseful post.... I give you my blessings!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yhermmie(f): 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

But guy, y are u always after me?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by kakakent: 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
Sanguine:
Y'all seem to be making a whole big deal outta what's supposed to be no issue at all... If you cook, nor be two of una go chop the food Abi? Na wa!
And who says you two cannot do the cooking together? Well, as far as I am concerned, understanding is the keyword here.
#PEACE!!

Pls can I marry you?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
Cooking for Boyfriend isn't big deal as long as he reciprocates.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kassidy90:

Don't get me wrong sweet@
Y cant u cook for ur BF?
Well sha i dnt knw kind relationship many pple are into.
The problem with most nigerian ladies is hypcrisy u wont be suprise when u see most of the ladies forming i cant cook i cant sweep on NL doing dry cleaning/cook combined with nanny whenever they visit der BF or his family....
Lol,true about that.
Btw,I didn't say I can't cook

Why's everyone getting me wrong on this thread?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Yeah!

But guys don't dump there GF for that alone, do you agreee?

Meanwhile, my comment was directed at her post, especially the BF's mom ahe portrayed...that assertion is bogus.

Amongst every other thing, a guy could dump a girl simply becoz she's not a good cook!!!
A friend of mine, a banker, dumped a girl coz she cooks watery soups!
and she wasn't ready to make a change on her recipes..

Every mother will always react to show that their son has been over used by his gf...
From what she posted... If the gf had helped in the cooking.... That would've been a different story!
The mother asked who she was to him first before she displayed that exigency of cry for her son.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
damilola231:

don't mind those feminist losers. I just ignore them cos they are all attention who.re.s

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
miztola:

Lol,true about that.
Btw,I didn't say I can't cook

Why's everyone getting me wrong on this thread?
get the hell out
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
yhermmie:

because you lack basic home training and needs to be schooled right here
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Tymax(m): 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
3cycle:
Cooking for Boyfriend isn't big deal as long as he reciprocates.
angry
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by zoe123: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
foxxynik:

Ofcoz...its now down on me that I MUST marry her!
She isn't the type that changes attitudes...
Unlike most girls...
She's just natural in her doings!
She doesn't front herself...
She's the quiet type!

It isn't a criteria sweethrt..
I'll marry her for a lot of reasons.
Including the cooking.

So u get the vibes ?

good luck to u darling hope to. hear d wedding bell soon, at leat am pleased her culinary expertize isn't ur sole reason for choosing her.my opinion is actually for those guys who believe no cooking no marriage or because she ain't cooking she's not a "responsible" girl
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yhermmie(f): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
slimmy05:
because you lack basic home training and needs to be schooled right here
Are u alright? Did i quote u? What's the meaning of this? Don't i have d right to air my views or cooking for my bf is a crime? Seriously,u just showed how stupid u are.. Big Fool!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:

good luck to u darling hope to. hear d wedding bell soon, at leat am pleased her culinary expertize isn't ur sole reason for choosing her.my opinion is actually for those guys who believe no cooking no marriage or because she ain't cooking she's not a "responsible" girl

Thank you!!!
The very reason why you should do everything in ur power to see to his happiness... Coz u wouldn't knw what he'd use as a criterion to marry you!

Most guys will marry for food
Others for sexual desires!
Some for beauty/looks.
A man could even marry a girl simply becos she's brilliant or becoz she speaks good english.

But one very thing will supersede others... Doesn't mean he won't consider others! That very thing will be his outstanding point...
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by barnabas91: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
Princecalm:
Look at what girls of this days are turning into.Imaging you went to your BF house and you met him cooking and instead of taking over the cooking from him you sit and watch him do the cooking and still serve you.Even the whites which you guys are emulating have not started doing this.
Help me tell dem o Prince, I don't know wht some of dem are turning into. If you don't do all this for him, how wil he ever want to settle down with you, my ex girl, I miss her bcoz of dis, she's a wife material. When I'm ready 4 marriage, don't you tink she will cross my mind. Mek una sidon thr. What a lady cannot do b4 marriage, she cannot do it after marriage. We guys know that. Chai! I wish I av a girl that wl be forming guest for me, she go too cry wen she see anoda person 4 kitchen, na she go dey beg 2 buy all d ingredients cook ma sef. #nonsense. Ladies you av to prove ursef worthy b4 marriage.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Rilwayne001: 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
yhermmie:

Hmmm undecided
After you

You are after me and i am after you, you are following me here on NL and i'm following you. This is an open forum where everyone has the right to voice out his/her opinion on threads, i have the right to quote you to either applaudw your point or go against it.

I can't stand to see the person i'm following spew and unwelcome point and the next thing for me to ignore such post, Noppe i don't do it. :

You dig?

yhermmie:

This is what a typical nigerian mum will say/do. U get it?

No

That is an outright balderdash...

Imagine yourself as a mother, you just decided to check on you son that has been living alone for a while, you know for sure that he can take care of himself, you know for sure that he can cook for himself. Ok now, you got to his and met a stranger (a lady) on his bed, you greeted eachother and ask of your son from her, suddenly ur son comes out of the kitchen sweating, you ask your son what he has been doing and he said he's been cooking…

MUM: U must be joking! Ur gf and u were busy
cooking for her while she was relaxing on ur bed!

Did you know her before
Is she married to him already
Do you expect someone to be cooking for your son when you know he's been living alone
What if the girl is not around, won't your son sweat while cooking before
Why don't you employ a cook for him since you dont want him to sweat undecided

Kunle, u've not seen a wife,
Are they married?
Do you know her before?

she's a real ashawo

What has that gotten to this with this?
What is the meaning of ashawo

who wants just ur money.

How many of your money has she collected ma? undecided
Do you know her before?
Do you think you can just spew all these ish to a stranger? undecided

[qupte] Ha! Mo gbe, my son has
been charmed....[/quote]
It is mother like you that don't want to see husband assisting their wifes at home.

I guess you know nothing about love undecided

Now a good mother will not vituperate or conclude the way you did up here.... (no offence)
Just present your objection!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by timjones1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
I hope U won't Subscribe to the role of being a jealous lover when you visit and see one Awesome looking chick in his kitchen cookin her best delicacy and singing "all of me" by john legend!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply)

The WOOING CHALLENGE 2015 [Female Edition] #DAY1 / Busty Nigerian Ladies Recount How Men Stare At Them & Nasty Experiences / Deborah, Skinny Model Twerks Better Than Curvy Ladies, Goes Nude For Artwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.