Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (101351 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:
if u are up to 29 chances are u must have had more than one relationship if ur a lady what happened? ur cooking cudnt hold him? if ur a man wat happened? her cooking is not good enof? like I said in my earlier post I have played d cooking cleaning & laundry girl.I even sponsored his final year in school with my money, went to write one of his exams for him cos he said he was "sick" not knowing he was avoiding some cultist,those guys almost butchered me when dey didn't see him but me.it still didn't stop him from screwing n marrying my best friend,some said its just young school experience I shouldn't carry it for mind, bro it was 3yrs of my life n near death experience. ladies if u wan cook for ur bf by all means do.but it won't guarantee marriage. my opinion sha

Know this....a man will look into you and hav many reasonz to stay faithful....but ur other attitudes will destroy it... One of my ex' was a good girl...she does everythng in my house and she was a good cook...yet she sleeps around... On one catch...

The other one was pretty...does every house chores seemingly...but she was too lousy...will return from work jst to realized that she had fought my other neighbors... #tigress.

Most of u'll do the cooking and laundry and captures our mind...but ur other behaviors will drive us away and u'll all cry this cry of men dumping u after everythng u did.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Bode2: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2014
sunnedee2:

Can you pls explain?
What decision my brother?
Sir, I think you said or you did approve of someone who said ladies must show their cooking skills so as to make their partner not to look other way round.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by bigiyaro(m): 10:41am On Nov 01, 2014
If you know what prompts guys into deciding on marring a lady, u will be cooking.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2014
Zanxx:

very true bro. guess we have to continue and pray that God gives us partners who will appreciate these traits. even if i say i wont do it my mum will tell not to disgrace her because i know how to cook.lol mothers!
there is no harm in doing it. one Luv dear.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Switcommy(f): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2014
Sunxylove:
Masheew some babes making mountain out of molehill.personally i dont c it as anytin cooking for ur man how on earth wil i jus relax and watch him cook and serve me..moreover we are both gona eat the food shikena
..ma dear,i tire o...i jst dey read comment since yestad,dey laugh...some girls get problem...its wrong 4 u to cook 4 ur bf..bt its nt wrong 4 u to kiss nd romance him,when he is nt ur husbnd...why having a bf in d first place,if u cnt complete d duties..jst wait till u get a husbnd,den u kiss,cook,sex nd romance him.....some girls here are lyk i cnt cook 4 a guy cuz he is nt ma husbnd..bt u cn sex,romance,kiss a guy who is nt ur husbnd..i laugh all of una 4 here..WAT IS WORTH DOING,IS WORTH DOING WELL...abeg,make una no fight me o..i no even get bf self,,bt if i decide to have,,i will cook 4 him nd we go chop together..

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Sapphire86(f): 11:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Nashoji:
Lol. sweery, why the long face na? no be true I talk?

undecided
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by charlesditro: 11:13am On Nov 01, 2014
nomabeeee:
I find this very interesting to discuss here..and I will go straight to the point..I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him..its important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life..if you are his friend,you act like his friend..if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife..you also act like one..A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you,..what threat wil I give you when we get married?hmmm I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife..whats ur opinion ladies?men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks
If you are sure you in a seriouse relationship then you should cook for him if you wish to, as for me if I live alone and you came to spend some time with me if we are hungry you can cook for me even if we do it together, if not then the lines should be drawn. You should know wen u are in a seriouse relationship.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by ice234: 11:17am On Nov 01, 2014
Well everyone has his opinion to himself.

For me if she doesn't cook its her cup of tea. I have always survived without her food. But note that, if I noticed that she is willing to help me out on little things like food, it will DEFINITELY increase my love and respect for her. But if she doesn't, I will have an opinion on her (doesn't mean my love or respect will reduce). Sooner or later if another girl does these little things for me freely the likely hood of developing feelings for her might present itself.

In everything we all have different lives to live do whatever you like. But note that their is no limit on how you can express your love for the one you truly love. Also note that, that which you think is too big for you to do, to another person it might just be the lease he/she will do.

Ladies use your brain, its your life not the ops life. Do not allow the sentiments of the ops affect your smooth relationship.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by teneeorlah: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2014
They can sleep with him, collect gifts and money but yhey cnt cook for him

Sister plsssssss dnt cook for him u hia, mercy dey come , woe betide u if mercy na calabar geh, she go cook for him,clean for him,sex him until he shouts 'o l**d of mercy.

Na pple like una go dey shout am happy to be single blah blah blah ,but deep down u dey cry "somebody pls marry me"

When u have a skill not the ability kind oooo but the abinibi kind of skill, u cnt hold it back .if u get cooking skills real one ooooo, u go wan show dt guy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by sunnedee2: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2014
Bode2:
Sir, I think you said or you did approve of someone who said ladies must show their cooking skills so as to make their partner not to look other way round.

Yes Sir. I am totally in support of a lady showing and using her cooking skills to someone they are dating. So?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by khemisty(f): 11:20am On Nov 01, 2014
What will it take from me if I cook for him, I cooked for my bf, now my husband whenever I visited, men likes a lady that knows how to cook.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2014
If you think it's your bf that must cook for you when you visit his house then you're wrong. Depends on the visit. If you visit to spend a couple of hours I can cook for you. But if you visit me and you spending couple of days how will it look like to you when I return from work and go straight to the kitchen to cook for you just because it's my house and you r not a wife yet? It's simple. If you think that way then I the guy will make you know that your up keep is totally your father's responsibility until I put a ring on your finger. I shouldn't be the one to change your wardrobe, weavons and your phone when you are there telling me the difference between what a gf should do and what a wife should do. It's simple, only when we have that understanding
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by zoe123: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2014
foxxynik:

Know this....a man will look into you and hav many reasonz to stay faithful....but ur other attitudes will destroy it... One of my ex' was a good girl...she does everythng in my house and she was a good cook...yet she sleeps around... On one catch...

The other one was pretty...does every house chores seemingly...but she was too lousy...will return from work jst to realized that she had fought my other neighbors... #tigress.

Most of u'll do the cooking and laundry and captures our mind...but ur other behaviors will drive us away and u'll all cry this cry of men dumping u after everythng u did.

we are saying same time,cooking doesn't mean u will automatically become wife material, did u ever read a thread someone posted once saying a woman who cannot cook is irresponsible? point is most men focus on irrelevant thing n forget d core.am sorry about ur ex, just that in my case I wasn't posh enuf.Omo my dressing for d 1st 2yrs for school ehn grin
foxxynik:

we are saying same time,cooking doesn't mean u will automatically become wife material, did u ever read a thread someone posted once saying a woman who cannot cook is irresponsible? point is most men focus on irrelevant thing n forget d core.am sorry about ur ex, just that in my case I wasn't posh enuf.Omo my dressing for d 1st 2yrs for school ehn.every relationship. differs wat works for u might be a no no for anoda men shud stop judging a "wife" material based on how she cooks
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Bode2: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2014
Switcommy:
..ma dear,i tire o...i jst dey read comment since yestad,dey laugh...some girls get problem...its wrong 4 u to cook 4 ur bf..bt its nt wrong 4 u to kiss nd romance him,when he is nt ur husbnd...why having a bf in d first place,if u cnt complete d duties..jst wait till u get a husbnd,den u kiss,cook,sex nd romance him.....some girls here are lyk i cnt cook 4 a guy cuz he is nt ma husbnd..bt u cn sex,romance,kiss a guy who is nt ur husbnd..i laugh all of una 4 here..WAT IS WORTH DOING,IS WORTH DOING WELL...abeg,make una no fight me o..i no even get bf self,,bt if i decide to have,,i will cook 4 him nd we go chop together..
kissing, romancing and flirting around a guy is very normal and okay but not for the born again. In fact, it is an aberration and abnormality for the natural person not to flirt around.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 11:23am On Nov 01, 2014
khemisty:
What will it take from me if I cook for him, I cooked for my bf, now my husband whenever I visited, men likes a lady that knows how to cook.

You will live long my dear. Some of are Nigerian girls watch too much movies and are beginning to live the movie life
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by sunnedee2: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2014
Switcommy:
..ma dear,i tire o...i jst dey read comment since yestad,dey laugh...some girls get problem...its wrong 4 u to cook 4 ur bf..bt its nt wrong 4 u to kiss nd romance him,when he is nt ur husbnd...why having a bf in d first place,if u cnt complete d duties..jst wait till u get a husbnd,den u kiss,cook,sex nd romance him.....some girls here are lyk i cnt cook 4 a guy cuz he is nt ma husbnd..bt u cn sex,romance,kiss a guy who is nt ur husbnd..i laugh all of una 4 here..[b]WAT IS WORTH DOING,IS WORTH DOING WELL...[/b]abeg,make una no fight me o..i no even get bf self,,bt if i decide to have,,i will cook 4 him nd we go chop together..

Had to check your profile gurl. Your comment make sense jare. Help me tell them.
Infact if no be say you dey Kaduna, I for just date you. **winks**
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2014
Deefuray:
I concur. I don't subscribe to playing the role of a wife when you're just a mere girlfriend
If you think it's your bf that must cook for you when you visit his house then you're wrong. Depends on the visit. If you visit to spend a couple of hours I can cook for you. But if you visit me and you spending couple of days how will it look like to you when I return from work and go straight to the kitchen to cook for you just because it's my house and you r not a wife yet? It's simple. If you think that way then I the guy will make you know that your up keep is totally your father's responsibility until I put a ring on your finger. I shouldn't be the one to change your wardrobe, weavons and your phone when you are there telling me the difference between what a gf should do and what a wife should do. It's simple, only when we have that understanding
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Poseidon012(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2014
For me oooo....no crime in cooking for ur bf as long as u kno dat u are in a criox relationship....
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by sunnedee2: 11:31am On Nov 01, 2014
Bode2:
kissing, romancing and flirting around a guy is very normal and okay but not for the born again. In fact, it is an aberration and abnormality for the natural person not to flirt around.

Bros... I think I now understand you. Please NOTE:

If a girl will not kiss, romance, ask for money, and flirt with her bf before marriage then its okay for her not to cook for him. . Agreed...

Both of them will know say dem wan buy BLACKMARKET.

And if when they get married her cooking sucks and she discovered the man "cant do" then
As you lay your bed... So you lie on it.

Even pastors will tell you to sample and verify her culinary skills

Except the conditions above, my brother... She go cook ooo

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Bode2: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2014
sunnedee2:

Yes Sir. I am totally in support of a lady showing and using her cooking skills to someone they are dating. So?
So? your argument is based on fear and insecurity
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by zoe123: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2014
besides girls should stop expecting material things from guys, success is not sexually transmitted hustle for ur money Jor.that's y most guys expect certain things from us because they believe they have paid for it.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by beey2(m): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2014
tari040:
if you make it her job to cook always when she's around then that's a bull shit cuz she ain't your wifey/slave, she can only help out when utterly necessary not compulsory, you sound like the bossy type

That is your opinion my sister, my own is that it is so disrespective 4 me to be doing d cooking while u r sitting except I decided otherwise. Trust me I'm a good cook myself u chose to cooK or not to cook for me is @ ur advantage n I don't really bulge 'bout that.

Purely my opinion.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Switcommy(f): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2014
Bode2:
.....so it is natural 4 u to be a flirt bt it is nt natural 4 u to cook 4 d person ure flirting wt?....sum peeps sef...una matter na obama go settle am
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by sunnedee2: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Bode2:
So? your argument is based on fear and insecurity

Where does fear and insecurity come in bro?

Believe me.. I am as courageous and secure as they come
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:

we are saying same time,cooking doesn't mean u will automatically become wife material, did u ever read a thread someone posted once saying a woman who cannot cook is irresponsible? point is most men focus on irrelevant thing n forget d core.am sorry about ur ex, just that in my case I wasn't posh enuf.Omo my dressing for d 1st 2yrs for school ehn.every relationship. differs wat works for u might be a no no for anoda men shud stop judging a "wife" material based on how she cooks

We're almost not saying the same thing sweethrt....

I respect ur ideas and ur reasoning as well...

It's totally a nice idea to cook for him! Am nt saying he won't do the needful if u dnt cook for him...
But he'll respect and place u above every other thing in his life...

My gf cooks two different soups every weekends and whenever mum comes visiting she keeps telling me to do and marry her before I lose her... Mum enjoys her cooking as well... The day I took her to meet Dad and mum was plating her hair...she help mum to plate the hair properly and dad said somfin dat made me very happy..dat most girls dnt even knw hw to braid hairs and here she is...dat same night she cooked for the house...Dad had no other way of getting convinced than to enquire abt her and they r best of pals today!

My point is....if u're a girl then u have a power to make a man decide to marry u or not...acting like u are a woman even when courtesy demands! Doing those little girly tins could drive a man as far as to get obsess for you!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by pickabeau1: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2014
Olaone1:

Shebi you are a gold member of the Family Fun Room there tongue tongue tongue

Naaa

I'm now plastic member ooo
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yhermmie(f): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2014
It's just like when a guy is cooking and d lady is relaxing on his bed then d guy's mum visits.
GF: Good afternoon ma
MUM: Good afternoon my daughter. Pls,where is Kunle?
GF: He's in the kitchen cooking ma,let me go get him for you.
KUNLE: Mum,good afternoon,u didnt tell me u were coming.
MUM: Yes jare, just came to give u a suprise visit and by d way,what were u doing? Look at d way u re sweating.
KUNLE: I was cooking in d kitchen
MUM: Really? Who is she to u? (points to gf)
KUNLE: Ha, mum, she's my gf
MUM: Ur gf?!
KUNLE: Yes mum
MUM: U must be joking! Ur gf and u were busy cooking for her while she was relaxing on ur bed! Kunle, u've not seen a wife, she's a real ashawo who wants just ur money. Ha! Mo gbe, my son has been charmed....

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 01, 2014
Yes o... today's comment dey make sense unlike yesterday's... I read so many comment yesterday so tey I begin dey cry for our girls... I was discussing dis same issue yesterday with my friend, she came to me n was telling me abt her passed boyfriends hw dey dumped... I told her d gospel truth what no girl will ever tell her. I asked her if she has ever cooked for her ex b4, she said no I laughed and I told her to start doing it if ever she get another bf... if it means washing his cloths and cleaning his house, she should do it cos I do it for my fiancé even b4 he engaged me... d truth is girls don't tell their fellow girl d truth and d tin dey pain me. U go see some of dem go dey do am for their bf but wen dem reach outside dem go dey form holy holy... Ladies my advice is if u av d opportunity to do, do it well and don't listen to d bla bla bla wey some ladies dey talk for here o. Yoruba pple say abo Oro lan sofun omoluabi Tobe denu e a di odindi. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
yhermmie:

@MUM: Kunle, u've not seen a wife, she's a real ashawo who wants just ur money. Ha! Mo gbe, my son has been charmed....

Hehehehehe.....this girl......u're just too funny!!!!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
rightwoman:
Yoruba pple say abo Oro lan sofun omoluabi Tobe denu e a di odindi. lipsrsealed

At ur very best! U've spoken like u've been trained properly!....

Mind telling me what dis ur yoruba ppl have been saying...in english? They seems to be saying many tinz.... Especially the "oro lan sofun omoluabi"
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Divsy(f): 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
Same way sum bf"s wld want u 2 handwash loads of clothes wen u pay dm a visit...wen its nt lyk ure a wyf already..nansinse
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Olaone1: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

Naaa

I'm now plastic member ooo
Haaa tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (42) (Reply)

Bride Looks Very Angry In Her Pre-Wedding Photos / 18-Year-Old Boy Buys BMW For His 25-Year-Old Girlfriend As Birthday Gift (Photos / The WOOING CHALLENGE 2015 [Female Edition] #DAY1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.