Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,028 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! - Romance (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! (246885 Views)

Pls, How Can A Rich, Young And Handsome Guy Find True Love? / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
BlackKenichi:

And you're an annoying turd!
Not anymore. Before the bantu, most of Kenya and Tanzania were inhabited by Cushitic peoples who were genetically similar to Somalis, Oromos and other Cushitic speakers. The Bantu absorbed the Cushitics in those areas that I mentioned.
There's quite a bit of genetic evidence to support this.
Here's some evidence:
http://ethiohelix..co.uk/2013/01/east-african-mtdna-variation-has.html
http://ethiohelix..co.uk/2013/05/another-extensive-thesis-on-east.html
Come on, you just need to look at Amina Mohamed who's an ethnic Somali and Sheila Mwanyigha to see that they have kinda similar facial features.
Magic................................Of the internet! LOL

Actually very few bantu populations mixed with the cushites, even the ones in Somalia cause their traditions were strange, and most of Kenya and Tanzania was inhabited by hunter-gatherer communities known as the Ogiek and Dorobo, the Ogiek in central Kenya. Most central and coastal bantus are mixed with these and the Nilotes. The Kikuyu are a bit more mixed, especially with the Ogiek and the maasais but not that significantly, the kambas are not that mixed, the coastal bantus are also not that mixed since they were driven south to where they are by the Oromo in the shungwaya period. My point is they are mixed but that's not the majority of the population, just take a look at cameroonian and Congolese women who are the few bantus who aren't mixed with either nilotes or cushites and also the southern african ones where there are no nilotes or cushites or even the khoisan. So a lightskinned bantu doesn't necessarily suggest admixture with the cushites.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by BlackKenichi(m): 11:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
pkjag:

Actually very few bantu populations mixed with the cushites, even the ones in Somalia cause their traditions were strange, and most of Kenya and Tanzania was inhabited by hunter-gatherer communities known as the Ogiek and Dorobo, the Ogiek in central Kenya.
That's only partially true. There were Cushitic peoples in Kenya and Tanzania and the were South Cushitic speakers. There are still some Cushitic speakers in Tanzania, like the Iraqw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwedmBnwGKE

pkjag:
Most central and coastal bantus are mixed with these and the Nilotes. The Kikuyu are a bit more mixed, especially with the Ogiek and the maasais but not that significantly, the kambas are not that mixed, the coastal bantus are also not that mixed since they were driven south to where they are by the Oromo in the shungwaya period.
The Bantu ethnic groups that you mentioned are mainly mixed with Cushitics. There's plenty of genetic evidence that backs this up
Check out the peer reviewed study "The Genetic Structure and History of Africans and African Americans" by Tishkoff et al.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2947357/

pkjag:
My point is they are mixed but that's not the majority of the population, just take a look at cameroonian and Congolese women who are the few bantus who aren't mixed with either nilotes or cushites and also the southern african ones where there are no nilotes or cushites or even the khoisan. So a lightskinned bantu doesn't necessarily suggest admixture with the cushites.
Sorry but that's not true. Kenyan Bantus are very much mixed with Nilotes and Cushitics. Where ever the Bantus migrated they ultimately mixed with native African populations. It's not just about "light skin" amongst the bantus that show that they have mixed with other Africans but the overall physical features (both facial and bodywise) that shows up. This is also shown in genetic studies as well.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

That's only partially true. There were Cushitic peoples in Kenya and Tanzania and the were South Cushitic speakers. There are still some Cushitic speakers in Tanzania, like the Iraqw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwedmBnwGKE
I very much know the iraqw live in Tanzania i am Kenyan myself, most of the land might have been inhabited by the cushites because most of kenya is desert, the highlands were inhabited by the hunter gatherers who were there before even the cushites. The cushites had come from ethiopia in the pre-A.D era and found these people.
The Bantu ethnic groups that you mentioned are mainly mixed with Cushitics. There's plenty of genetic evidence that backs this up
Check out the peer reviewed study "The Genetic Structure and History of Africans and African Americans" by Tishkoff et al.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2947357/
Like i said they aren't that mixed, i am a kikuyu so i should know better than anybody else how my people look like. The problem with these genetic studies is that they do not look at the various distributions. There are many of these distributions in Central Kenya, there are more who are mixed with the Maasais, there are also those who are more mixed with the Ogiek, their names can tell you more about it. In the North in Nyeri, those are the few of the ones mixed with cushites, and in Nairobi, there's a general mix of all tribes. There are stereotypes and folklore to back this up. There are currently about 10 million kikuyus and i can tell you that more than half are not mixed with cushites but with ogiek and dorobo. Even in the language there is little to no words suggesting any cushitic exchange, there's just too little evidence apart from DNA gotten from a specific region. On the other hand we borrowed a lot from the maasai and they too from us.
Sorry but that's not true. Kenyan Bantus are very much mixed with Nilotes and Cushitics. Where ever the Bantus migrated they ultimately mixed with native African populations. It's not just about "light skin" amongst the bantus that show that they have mixed with other Africans but the overall physical features (both facial and bodywise) that shows up. This is also shown in genetic studies as well.
Yes i know they are mixed with the nilotes, like i said in my previous points, the maasais even took farming and metal work from us, the cushites, i am just not convinced they contribute that much, cultures even before islamization are way different, their curly hair and scrawny body type is confined to a few demographic that live in a very specific area. Are you an anthropologist/geneticist? The problem with these external scholars is they make lots of mistakes when studying indigenous tribes, lots of assumptions that are difficult to back up without intimate experience and knowledge gotten by living with these tribes for decades. The whites also got it all wrong when studying the swahili, almost all their research is irrevelant now as the locals publish their own in the swahili language, even most east africans aren't aware of their true origin because they were taught the white man's version.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:

I very much know the iraqw live in Tanzania i am Kenyan myself, most of the land might have been inhabited by the cushites because most of kenya is desert, the highlands were inhabited by the hunter gatherers who were there before even the cushites. The cushites had come from ethiopia in the pre-A.D era and found these people.
That's true.

pkjag:
Like i said they aren't that mixed, i am a kikuyu so i should know better than anybody else how my people look like.
Oh you're Kikuyu? I like Kikuyu women, they're small, petite and just cute! I've met a few Kikuyu people. I think one of my instructors is a Kikuyu, her surname is Wamae.

pkjag:
The problem with these genetic studies is that they do not look at the various distributions. There are many of these distributions in Central Kenya, there are more who are mixed with the Maasais, there are also those who are more mixed with the Ogiek, their names can tell you more about it.
I agree that there are problems with some genetic studies. I also agree that geneticists don't always get the subtleties of certain populations. That's why I think that you and Kenyans should do you own DNA studies and compare the result to other studies and nearby populations.

pkjag:
In the North in Nyeri, those are the few of the ones mixed with cushites, and in Nairobi, there's a general mix of all tribes. There are stereotypes and folklore to back this up. There are currently about 10 million kikuyus and i can tell you that more than half are not mixed with cushites but with ogiek and dorobo.

pkjag:
Even in the language there is little to no words suggesting any cushitic exchange, there's just too little evidence apart from DNA gotten from a specific region. On the other hand we borrowed a lot from the maasai and they too from us.
Language and genetic populations don't always go hand in hand.
E.g. I'm Jamaican. Us Jamaicans speak a version of English yet we have very little English blood!

pkjag:
Yes i know they are mixed with the nilotes, like i said in my previous points, the maasais even took farming and metal work from us, the cushites, i am just not convinced they contribute that much, cultures even before islamization are way different, their curly hair and scrawny body type is confined to a few demographic that live in a very specific area.
Come on now, I'm not an expert on Kikuyu or Kenyans but I know that you guys are defo mostly scrawny dudes. Unless you have proof that the Kikuyu don't have cushitic genes, it doesn't matter.

pkjag:
Are you an anthropologist/geneticist?

Nope but I'm fascinated by the subject

pkjag:
The problem with these external scholars is they make lots of mistakes when studying indigenous tribes, lots of assumptions that are difficult to back up without intimate experience and knowledge gotten by living with these tribes for decades.
I agree. That's why I said:
"I think that you and Kenyans should do you own DNA studies and compare the result to other studies and nearby populations."

pkjag:
The whites also got it all wrong when studying the swahili, almost all their research is irrevelant now as the locals publish their own in the swahili language, even most east africans aren't aware of their true origin because they were taught the white man's version.
True! However there is plenty of studies that show that the Swahili are infact indigenous to the area.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

Oh you're Kikuyu? I like Kikuyu women, they're small, petite and just cute! I've met a few Kikuyu people. I think one of my instructors is a Kikuyu, her surname is Wamae.
You should meet the Akamba and the waTaita, they are mostly lightskinned and are less mixed than us, i think they represent the authentic bantu look in Kenya. I think it's Wamaĩ, that last letter ĩ is pronounced subtly as /e/ but not that exact and it means "of water" in swahili it's wamaji, where "wa" means "of" in both languages.

Language and genetic populations don't always go hand in hand.
E.g. I'm Jamaican. Us Jamaicans speak a version of English yet we have very little English blood!
But the majority intercultural admixtures suggest so, like the xhosa with the khoisan, the swahilis and the arabs, etc.
Come on now, I'm not an expert on Kikuyu or Kenyans but I know that you guys are defo mostly scrawny dudes. Unless you have proof that the Kikuyu don't have cushitic genes, it doesn't matter.
I didn't say they don't, but i suspect most don't and if they do, they are a small percentage, the guys who are scrawny are mostly the cushites and nilotes (kalenjins mostly and maasais). The bantus vary from medium built to heavily built, like the luhyas, but most of them are medium built. In kikuyuland its very rare to find a scrawny looking chap cause they are very well fed due to the abundant farm produce in the highlands.
Nope but I'm fascinated by the subject
How did you learn about those numerous genetic symbols, or do you have a background in biology?
I agree. That's why I said:
"I think that you and Kenyans should do you own DNA studies and compare the result to other studies and nearby populations."
True! However there is plenty of studies that show that the Swahili are infact indigenous to the area.
They are indigenous, what they are not is a tribe that came about as a result of arab-bantu interaction. In fact they called themselves Wangozi and spoke the Kingozi language long before any arabs or persians ever set foot in east africa. There are languages in the Mijikenda tribes in kenya that are mutually intelligible with Swahili, but lacking the arab loan words, also the grammar, sentence structure and proverbs are completely bantu, the only arab contribution were the loan words that took a bantu pronunciation and spelling. This page https://www.nairaland.com/1915272/what-preventing-africa-experiencing-cultural/10 has a post with a brief explanation of the Swahili for those who've heard the white man's version.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by mfuasi: 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
This blakanechi guy is talking pure jiberish! So what happened, the Bantus, Nilotes and Cushites stopped mixing the last few generations? Africa is too diverse, you can have different attributes in the same tribe and vice versa.I have seen dark Igbos and light ones.Some tall, some short.That's the beauty in Africans.Stop this genetic, facial features nonsense.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
mfuasi:
This blakanechi guy is talking pure jiberish! So what happened, the Bantus, Nilotes and Cushites stopped mixing the last few generations? Africa is too diverse, you can have different attributes in the same tribe and vice versa.I have seen dark Igbos and light ones.Some tall, some short.That's the beauty in Africans.Stop this genetic, facial features nonsense.
Are you kenyan bantu?
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by mfuasi: 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:

Are you kenyan bantu?

Yes, Kamba from Kitui County. smiley

1 Like

Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
mfuasi:

Yes, Kamba from Kitui County. smiley
Haha ok let me polish up on my kamba
Kitui m̃uĩ at̃̃ia?
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:
You should meet the Akamba and the waTaita, they are mostly lightskinned and are less mixed than us, i think they represent the authentic bantu look in Kenya. I think it's Wamaĩ, that last letter ĩ is pronounced subtly as /e/ but not that exact and it means "of water" in swahili it's wamaji, where "wa" means "of" in both languages.
There is no such thing as the "authentic" bantu look! Oh btw the Taita people and language have South Cushitic cultural and language traits.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taita_Cushitic_languages
http://www.google.co.uk/books?id=iXh42PoLZIIC&pg=PA203&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
http://glottolog.org/resource/languoid/id/tait1247
http://www.google.co.uk/books?id=gTcMvCKcvhsC&pg=PA99&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

pkjag:
But the majority intercultural admixtures suggest so, like the xhosa with the khoisan, the swahilis and the arabs, etc.
The point I was trying to make was that not all cultural exchanges need be shown through genetics.

pkjag:
I didn't say they don't, but i suspect most don't and if they do, they are a small percentage, the guys who are scrawny are mostly the cushites and nilotes (kalenjins mostly and maasais). The bantus vary from medium built to heavily built, like the luhyas, but most of them are medium built. In kikuyuland its very rare to find a scrawny looking chap cause they are very well fed due to the abundant farm produce in the highlands.
I've seen some Luhya and Luo. They do seem well built and they seem to make up the Kenya Rugby 7's squad (one of the top 10 teams). I'll take your word for it. However There are a lot of good Kikuyu long distance runners.

pkjag:
How did you learn about those numerous genetic symbols, or do you have a background in biology?
By discussing things with amateur anthropologists and googling peer reviewed genetic studies.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by mfuasi: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:

Haha ok let me polish up on my kamba
Kitui m̃uĩ at̃̃ia?

Nesa muno! grin
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by mfuasi: 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

There is no such thing as the "authentic" bantu look! Oh btw the Taita people and language have South Cushitic cultural and language traits.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taita_Cushitic_languages
http://www.google.co.uk/books?id=iXh42PoLZIIC&pg=PA203&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
http://glottolog.org/resource/languoid/id/tait1247
http://www.google.co.uk/books?id=gTcMvCKcvhsC&pg=PA99&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

The point I was trying to make was that not all cultural exchanges need be shown through genetics.

I've seen some Luhya and Luo. They do seem well built and they seem to make up the Kenya Rugby 7's squad (one of the top 10 teams). I'll take your word for it. However There are a lot of good Kikuyu long distance runners.

By discussing things with amateur anthropologists and googling peer reviewed genetic studies.

You are the amateur anthropologist. Imagine if I came to Jamaica and tried to tell you about yourself, I would come off as ridiculous, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
mfuasi:

Nesa muno! grin
Haha kumbe i was right, but that's the little i know about kamba, funny thing is though, when i hear a kamba talk i can understand up to maybe 77%, but i can't talk much. In kikuyu we say Kitui m̃urĩ at̃̃ia? or Kitui m̃uhana at̃̃ia?
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
mfuasi:

You are the amateur anthropologist. Imagine if I came to Jamaica and tried to tell you about yourself, I would come off as ridiculous, don't you think?
Depends if what you say is true or not! There are plenty of studies done by professional linguists, geneticists and anthropologists that have come to the same conclusions that I have. You can either believe them or don't and prove them wrong!
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by mfuasi: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

Depends if what you say is true or not!

Precisely my point. What you are saying about Kenyan bantus is far from the truth.

There are plenty of studies done by professional linguists, geneticists and anthropologists that have come to the same conclusions that I have. You can either believe them or don't and prove them wrong!

I am living proof! Why do I need explain myself? Would that change the facts? Ignorance is truly bliss.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Please stop arguing about this or axum will come and take advantage wink

1 Like

Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

Depends if what you say is true or not! There are plenty of studies done by professional linguists, geneticists and anthropologists that have come to the same conclusions that I have. You can either believe them or don't and prove them wrong!
Please stop arguing about this or axum will come and take advantage wink, but for the record, i think that we get the very minute distributions of cushitic genes from the nilotes who are the ones who largely mixed with them, their culture has also been greatly influenced by them, that's my take.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by mfuasi: 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:

Got it. wink
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

how come you know so much about kenya?
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by BlackKenichi(m): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:
how come you know so much about kenya?
Asking around, the internet and a li'l Kenyan secret if you catch my drift!? wink
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
You should come we find you a good kikuyu woman then we teach you swahili, you sound like a loyal fellow grin
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by osystein(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ganjaman being his obnoxious self as usual, live bantus alone abeg.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:
You should come we find you a good kikuyu woman then we teach you swahili, you sound like a loyal fellow grin
I've always wanted to learn kiswahili. It's one of the most beautiful African languages IMO.

osystein:
Ganjaman being his obnoxious self as usual, live bantus alone abeg.
Make am abeg go chop, na wa, jare, abeg, joor!
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

I've always wanted to learn kiswahili. It's one of the most beautiful African languages IMO.
I am not gonna sugar coat everything n say it's easy, its hard for someone who doesn't speak any bantu language. tongue
Make am abeg go chop, na wa, jare, abeg, joor!
Now what does that mean and can you translate it to patois? N why are you nigerians always begging abeg this, abeg that, can't you come up with a word like aimplore ooo grin, or awant, awish...
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
pkjag:
I am not gonna sugar coat everything n say it's easy, its hard for someone who doesn't speak any bantu language. tongue
I'll give it a shot!
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
BlackKenichi:

I'll give it a shot!
No am not teaching you, i just don't have the time, get a book or download a course, then whenever you are stuck or have a question, i'm available. That's the only way man, i'm also learning arabic but haven't found a native speaker.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by axum: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2015
mfuasi:

Got it. wink

Too late, I am here. I have smelled blood already. smiley
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by axum: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2015
Stop talking about Somalis you retaaaarded creatures. No Somalis mixed with Bantus. As Bantus that came in contact with somalis were slaves all the way till 1920's.
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by mfuasi: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2015
pkjag:

This is in full effect now! wink
Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
mfuasi:

This is in full effect now! wink
Mlenge tu, siku hizi hanaga syke

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
BlackKenichi:

I'll give it a shot!
Watch this for motivation, the swahili culture in its finest, everything in that video is swahili even the twerking grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moE_dXt6-CQ

1 Like

Re: Beautiful and Handsome Bantu People Photos Here! by axum: 2:14am On Apr 18, 2015
pkjag:
Watch this for motivation, the swahili culture in its finest, everything in that video is swahili even the twerking grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moE_dXt6-CQ

What a disgusting culture. I am more disgusted than before I watched this retched video.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (60) (Reply)

A Thread for Single Ladies :) / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All. / Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.