Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,938 members, 7,810,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (92339 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by amnestylaw1(m): 9:21am On Oct 31, 2014
Na were una put LAW
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2014
My dear,they 've no idea. Al those stautes to know its sections n paragraphs(CAMA,Evidence Act,Criminal code,Penal Code,Trust Laws,Matrimonial Causes act,Marriage Act,ContractLaws,Tort Law,1990 constitution of the Fed Republic of Nig) & d list goes on.

I'm not evn talkin abt the principles & cases.

paragon40:
you think so please try and pursue a career in law then you will know law is bulky and wide...
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Oluwolex2000(m): 9:21am On Oct 31, 2014
@OP physics with Electronics nnko
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by eleko1: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2014
If U understand French/Islam well,U won't have problem in such course,even Yoruba where U'll put one dot/what dey called syllable.Woe betide anyone who doesn't knw where/how to put dat,nah straight F/P ooo
portaableg:
French and Islamic Religion (for a non muslims)

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2014
Chemistry is not beans oh,infact all physical science courses na die.

I rep Chemistry though
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by toygod2: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2014
geophysics nko?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Damey2011(m): 9:23am On Oct 31, 2014
Numerouuuno:
OP,how did you come about this conclusion? did you study all those courses and found it hard or what?
please explain cos I assume you just wrote them down because they're presumed to be hard.
my list is...,.......
1) Medicine
2) Physics
3) optometry and dentistry
4) civil engineering
5) mathematics and statistics (abstract maths ain't easy)
6) chemistry[
PS: maybe geology and it's close family

Abeg.. tell them again that abstract maths ain't easy
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by EmmyDe25(m): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Mtcheeew,they dey talk about animals wey get horn,snail dey comot

I still can't wrap my head around why in heaven people look so down on the two courses that Parolama guy mentioned. You need to understand how rare it is; like the hens teeth, making 2:1 or graduating with a 1st class in any of these courses. At least, i could remember how an elective course from one of these departments derailed my then room-mate, who was an economics student from graduating with a first class in my school.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Emodeee: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2014
i opine dat there is no hard course. u ll read dem and go and pour dem in the exam hall*la cram la pour style* u knw lah.....
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by gistmelove(m): 9:27am On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:
I saw this and a kinda agree with it.

No course studied in the higher institution seems
easy, but some are brutal and can snuff life outta
you.
However, don't get afraid of them. They're
actually interesting. So grab a packet of popcorn as I take you through them.

1. Engineering: the name of this course speaks for itself already. The dudes that study this course eh.....*winks*. It undeniably houses all heavy weight courses in engine faculty like chemical engineering, mechanical, production, petroleum...etc..any guy you see rushing to lecture hall with a punching calculator, they're engine boys o.

2.Medicine: What makes this course challenging, is because you'll be forced to read(jack) like your life depends on the degree of knowledge you obtain from their heavy an bulky textbooks. Some of them actually do go for thanksgiving, when they pass their MBBS exam, that contains Anatomy,physiology and biochem.

3.Biochemistry: people usually think that it's a combination of biology and chemistry. If you're one of such, abeg, it's a wrong impression. You will actually get familiar with Bio molecules and giant Organic structures, that will choke you up. This course requires much logic.
What makes it challenging,is that you'll have to
learn a lot within a short duration. Metabolic
pathways might seem frustrating atimes...*winks*. Another thing about this course is that their lecturers are always sadists, due to long years of studying brutal carbohydrate and enzyme structures.

4.Chemistry: I call this course the power,because these dudes can mix chemical concoctions of Ammonia and HCL and blow everywhere...chem guys, I dey joke o....Its actually one of the most difficult in physical science, because you'll make friends with differential equation in physical chemistry,which will leave you wondering if you're studying maths or chemical reactions.

5.Pharmacy: Its already obvious.don't know where to begin with this course.It overlaps critical aspect of chemistry. You hear stuffs like pharmacokinetics, drug metabolisms etc.

6.Architecture: the funny thing about this course is that it sounds cool and friendly,but when you get in,you know that not all that glitters are gold. You'll get familiar with geometric drawings,optics and so on, which atimes is usually a pain to the ass.

[url=myschool.com.ng/school/news/32337/most-challenging-courses-to-study-in-nigeria.html]Source[/url]

i quote and also like this post.. Becos am proud to be an engr.. Student.. Not easy @all ooo... 5yrs no be beans.. For inside lasu epe campus...

Aliamudulilahi.. Frosh graduate now..

nysc loading....

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2014
GboyegaD:
People are breaking through and some people are arguing what course is the hardest to study. All I can say is one of the factors to making it is doing what you love to do and doing well at it.
yeah, u got it right.
dont just study bcus other ar studying, study whot u love.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by alentyno: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2014
AmberQueen:
Not a lie oh... That is what happens

Like some1 rightly said It only happens due to the pressure and fear of failure and also due to high expectations placed on law students

If you are fully ready for the exam you won't experience such
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Hollarbeece(f): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2014
Even person wey study yoruba go also tell u say e hard!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=alentyno post=27590615]I saw this and a kinda agree with it.

you.

1. Engineering: the name of this course speaks for itself already. The dudes that study this course eh.....*winks*. It undeniably houses all heavy weight courses in engine faculty like chemical engineering, mechanical, production, petroleum...etc..any guy you see rushing to lecture hall with a punching calculator, they're engine boys o.

2.Medicine: What makes this course challenging, is because you'll be forced to read(jack) like your life depends on the degree of knowledge you obtain from their heavy an bulky textbooks. Some of them actually do go for thanksgiving, when they pass their MBBS exam, that contains Anatomy,physiology and biochem.

3.Biochemistry: people usually think that it's a combination of biology and chemistry. If you're one of such, abeg, it's a wrong impression. You will actually get familiar with Bio molecules and giant Organic structures, that will choke you up. This course requires much logic.
pathways might seem frustrating atimes...*winks*. Another thing about this course is that their lecturers are always sadists, due to long years of studying brutal carbohydrate and enzyme structures.

4.Chemistry: I call this course the power,because these dudes can mix chemical concoctions of Ammonia and HCL and blow everywhere...chem guys, I dey joke o....Its actually one of the most difficult in physical science, because you'll make friends with differential equation in physical chemistry,which will leave you wondering if you're studying maths or chemical reactions.

5.Pharmacy: Its already obvious.don't know where to begin with this course.It overlaps critical aspect of chemistry. You hear stuffs like pharmacokinetics, drug metabolisms etc.

6.Architecture: the funny thing about this course is that it sounds cool and friendly,but when you get in,you know that not all that glitters are gold. You'll get familiar with geometric drawings,optics and so on, which atimes is usually a pain to the ass.

[url=myschool.com.ng/school/news/32337/most-challenging-courses-to-study-in-nigeria.html]Source[/url][/quot u no well wot of statistics
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2014
[size=14pt]No course is hard if you have a passion, good lecturers or good books for that course[/size]
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Maser: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2014
Crap!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Gordieshegz(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
swhiss:
@o.p veterinary medicine should be up there in your list.

All he meant by writting medicine I guess...medicine,dentistry and vet. Medicine hav like 80% in common...so he wouldn't be wrong by putting them as one like trinity...
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by KingTom(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:
I saw this and a kinda agree with it.

you.

[url=myschool.com.ng/school/news/32337/most-challenging-courses-to-study-in-nigeria.html]Source[/url]
You placed biochemistry there instead of law? undecided SMH the books those law students read big pass medicine own grin
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by eleko1: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2014
Not every course oooo but some lecturers delibrately make it look so.If a Lecturer swore to make life miserable for U,U'll need divine intervention to scale thru.
runtinxnigga:
Every Course is hard. Every course is unique.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ograke(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:

Like some1 rightly said It only happens due to the pressure and fear of failure and also due to high expectations placed on law students

If you are fully ready for the exam you won't experience such
Lol.

It's obvious you guys are science-inclined.

Law is a very copious and abstract course.

I used to reason like you guys before.

In law,there are no right or wrong anwers..Nothing satisfies the ideals of universality.

Law is very open-ended.

2 Likes

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2014
Tell him..mechanical engineering,pharmacy and optometry re the hardest courses...other engineering students re scared of mechanical engr.
alentyno:

Guys read like mad, and so what? Are they the only ones that do read? Infact to me PHARMACY is harder than MEDICINE.

In medicine you read and understand

In engineering you read, you think, you re-read, you re-think, you think and think and think before you understand!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
Tell him..mechanical engineering,pharmacy and optometry re the hardest courses...other engineering students re scared of mechanical engr.[quote author=alentyno post=27598338]
Guys read like mad, and so what? Are they the only ones that do read? Infact to me PHARMACY is harder than MEDICINE.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by alentyno: 9:42am On Oct 31, 2014
KingTom:

You placed biochemistry there instead of law? undecided SMH the books those law students read big pass medicine own grin
The ones that struggle with law are those who are not used to reading anything in print wether it concerns their interest or not

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Largernonso(m): 9:44am On Oct 31, 2014
civil engineering ...d hardest and cruelest of all courses.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by KingTom(m): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:

The ones that struggle with law are those who are not used to reading anything in print wether it concerns their interest or not
No sir the students of Biochemistry are there for 4 years yes they read but I took 4 biochemistry courses in Uni and had 3 As and a B it was just a normal read and pass course but law the reading is more voluminous and they spend 5 years. so I think law should be on that list
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by dammytosh: 9:47am On Oct 31, 2014
armadeo:

As I said before you either make the cut or not.

As to your question depends on who's doing the studying.

E.g Maybe Mech engine is hard for u and u feel education is easy. I put it to you that the same Mech engine is easy to some and that education has frustrated others

. Its all relative.
You are very correct.

I can't study Primary Education to save my life. Can't read all that stuffs. I can cope extremely well in Engineering related courses than any other.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
U mean biochemistry and chemistry is harder than pharmacy?
e tire me o.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by oracle009(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2014
how many ppl read BOTANY here? OAU botany cn drive u nut... D day my physio lecturer wrote a formular through about 3 board pages nd he tld us dt can b found in a single leaf, i wept for d future of nigeria.... Der was a semester we did only two topics for a course: CARBON and NITROGEn...cum see yansh for public... Any chemistry rlated courses ar terrible: chm, bch,botany, pharmacy, geosci, chem engr...
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2014
If u doubt op....go to mechanical dept in uniben and ask abt the course....mech,pharmacy and optometry re d hardest in uniben
ismokeweed:

Mathematics is brutal enough. And dentistry. The workload is more than that of medical students in Uniben.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Try Radiography. sad
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Babafaros:

Sincerely i respect them they way they read& they do stay back @sch wen on breaks.It will surprise you,I'm a pharmacy student not Medicine
pharm stud?
What level? And pls, click on my signature to identify with we ur fellow PANSite.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by emmaliver(m): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2014
I agree with u jooo. out of the six. I studied applied biochem first degree n went back to study med surg. my brother I saw hell but didn't get close to the fire lol. its no mean feat at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River / 17 UNILAG Girls Missing After Heading For Party At Lekki - Says Twitter User / Wale Ojoniyi And Mercy Ikwue Sex Scandal Video In Osun State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.