Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities (74681 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Full List Of COURSES Offered By FUNAAB- Careerpingger / List Of Courses Offered In Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by homesteady(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

What made you to think it's not a good course?

Because of the name, bah? Do you know anything about it?

The course is more like LAW. undecided

Which law? does law have a substitute?

I'm sure you don't know that it is part of GST for 100L students.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2014
so what then do we say abt those who study human kinetics, go to sports academy, sports science, sports nutrition, sports psychology, sport analytics, etc they have gone on to become multimillionaires and to some, our idols. Yet we sit comfortably with our respected courses and five digit salaries to diss other courses. some of us are really short sighted.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 01, 2014
kozaic:
EARLY CHILDHOOD...
I don't really know what this course entails I really saw how angry people who were admitted to study the course were.

PRIMARY EDUCATION
Guess a person would spend four years studying how to teach primary schOol students.lol

DRAMA
Why introduce this course when theirs THEATRE ARTS in existence?

FISHERY.
*exhales*

ADULT EDUCATION
Some one applied medicine and was given adult education...

HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES EDU.
Some universities eh...

MUSIC
* I comment my reserve*

But all the same no knowledge is a waste!

Look at you! The whole purpose of Education in Nigeria is flawed if you represent a large percentage of Nigerian youths. You think the main purpose of school is to study law, medicine, engineering and go about searching for jobs or just for the sake of it? The main reason why Nigeria is still very backward is due to this ugly mentality.

Go through American universities and you'll see worse.

*this thread makes me sad for Nigeria, so much ignorance*

5 Likes

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by hilaryiwens05: 7:37am On Nov 01, 2014
like seriously cheesy cheesy grin grin grin LAFF WON KILL ME HERE OOOO

kozaic:

* I comment my reserve*
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by NUGHAR: 7:37am On Nov 01, 2014
cry so funny
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2014
No course is funny or a waste of time.. Nigeria is a developing country, and @ such, sees most of these courses as being underrated, whereas these courses are sorted after in developed countries...

I saw someone placing 'Fishery' in that category n I smiled.. Inasmuch as I am not a fishery student, have u ever imagined a nation without FOOD?

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Jerrick(m): 7:40am On Nov 01, 2014
What about Food Science and Technology
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by 0coded80: 7:44am On Nov 01, 2014
nikkyshyne:
This is an ignorant post. I actually feel like telling you to shutup but that is rude and quite early. What is knowledge if you cant convert it to a source of income? wallow in misery in your house?

For those that study these courses in nigeria are only wasting their valauble time unless ofcox their parents can sort them out somewhere. Most of them end up in fields far from what they studied. The only people that will support the above courses are those who studied them.
it a pity u are ignorance with no knowledge of what u are talking about, all u listen to is "they said that" "they said that". Go and do research by urself on those courses and their prospective to the nigeria economy come back to comment.

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by veeberry(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2014
WOOD MANAGEMENT nko? A.K.A CARPENTRY....................Lols
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by obaayo2: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2014
0coded80:
nigerian with their mentality!!!!! going to university is not about looking for employment all about, it for u to have knowledge to be able to reproduce to d society. A 1st-first from a reputation university in any of those course funny to u will get better employment in a multinational company than those that study a over-hyped course with low grade. I pity those of u that think going to a university is all about getting employment.
na ur back i dey bros
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2014
No course is worth denigrating IMO. The quality of a man's life is not dependent on his chosen course of study but on his commitment to excellence. This is to encourage many students out there who are currently not happy with their course of study. While I'm a strong advocate of pursuing your interest, I understand that most people do not get the opportunity to study their course of interest perhaps due to inability to get admission in that area and had resorted to studying the next available course.
So, brace up and be committed to excellence and the sky will be your limit.

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2014
homesteady:

Which law? does law have a substitute?

I'm sure you don't know that it is part of GST for 100L students.

At emboldened, So? Does doing GES make you an English student who study it from 100lvl to final?

Does doing MATHS make you a Mathematics student who study it from 100lvl to final? Etc

It's not like it's a substitute for LAW. It's more related to LAW thingy like Dentistry, Optometry, Vet. Med etc that's attached to Medicine and Surgery who will work in hospital.

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by AJOT99(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2014
Sunnycliff:
Why include Fisheries here? Do u know The value of Dat course?

Don't mind him my brother. I can't but reserve my comments on Ops like this cos......

Kind of absurd sha

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by charleff512(m): 7:47am On Nov 01, 2014
The hallmark of education is having an informed view about issues.
Many nigerian youths make comments that paints their ignorance with a capital 'I'
the point is:before you condemn a course as being hard ,funny or easy just take time and go through the rudiments of that course.
A professor of physical education,sports science and kinetics (jumpology) is a professor anywhere.
No course is a curse!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:50am On Nov 01, 2014
Promhize:

Look at you! The whole purpose of Education in Nigeria is flawed if you represent a large percentage of Nigerian youths. You think the main purpose of school is to study law, medicine, engineering and go about searching for jobs or just for the sake of it? The main reason why Nigeria is still very backward is due to this ugly mentality.

Go through American universities and you'll see worse.
You are so on point cool..

What's the essence of going through school, studying Law and every other over-hyped courses, n still search for a job where I am being paid peanuts?? Whereas, I can graduate from one of the 'underrated courses', set up a self employed firm in a big n trending way, and still make enough money to pay up those who did the 'over hyped' courses!!

God, help us..

2 Likes

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by slimmingcare(f): 7:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Honestly, these are courses most students are doing especially girls
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by lawrenceunaa: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2014
No knowledge is waste @least in naija no be wetn man study e de work as profession
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Rashdimuh(m): 7:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Another one is Forest Technolology at UI, after dey go become Asogbo
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by mfm04622: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2014
kendrick93:
wat abt animal husbandry

What is wrong with Animal Husbandry?

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by mfm04622: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Dygeasy:
Funeral Management

Which school offer this as a course?
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2014
veeberry:
WOOD MANAGEMENT nko? A.K.A CARPENTRY....................Lols
And you think an Upholstery maker can't make mega money if he is so good @ it

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 01, 2014
an interception from an unidentified flying object... shocked

https://www.dropbox.com/s/901ms2vd7s51z1x/Aliens.mp3?dl=0
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by otswag(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2014
Success in life isn't determined by your course of study. What education does is to broaden your horizon and opens up more opportunities for success. Its left for what u have upstairs to identify those opportunities and make good use of it.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by benarex(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2014
There's nothing whatsoever that's wrong with those courses. The problem is that our economy is not getting expansive as expected of any normal economy so as to accommodate those 'funny' courses.

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by naijaboiy: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

What made you to think it's not a good course?

Because of the name, bah? Do you know anything about it?

The course is more like LAW. undecided
Taaaaaahhh!!!!

No near there o angry

Who told you Peace and conflict resolution is like law

It's not even close one bit undecided
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by isacolukay(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2014
arowtop:
imagine

Fine gal! wink
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by adisaade2012(m): 8:02am On Nov 01, 2014
@ Mod Early childhood is not a funny course. You need to get your facts right. it entails a holistic development of a child.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2014
naijaboiy:

Taaaaaahhh!!!!

No near there o angry

Who told you Peace and conflict resolution is like law

It's not even close one bit undecided

I can see defence. grin

Atleast, dem dey settle conflicts like Barristers. smiley
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by emmy02(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2014
QSheba:
Animal wiring and fencing gringrin

Hehehehe.... Na u funny pass
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Veckylord(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2014
If d give some students dis course dem go happy.HALF BREAD IS BETTER DAN CHIN CHIN [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by homesteady(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

At emboldened, So? Does doing GES make you an English student who study it from 100lvl to final?

Does doing MATHS make you a Mathematics student who study it from 100lvl to final? Etc

It's not like it's a substitute for LAW. It's more related to LAW thingy like Dentistry, Optometry, Vet. Med etc that's attached to Medicine and Surgery who will work in hospital.

Oga they are not related! a graduate of peace and conflict is not even qualified to be a paralegal!
they are not related!
As I said earlier, it is part of 100L syllabus, so I know some things about it!
if you say it's somehow related to ISD, ehenn, I'll agree, but not law
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Tayeni(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2014
Jerrick:
What about Food Science and Technology
food science is ridiculous to you?.
Its either you are ignorant of what you are talking about or just joking about.
There is absooutely nothing funny about any of the courses the OP listed. I see him as ignorant and short sighted.
Imagine....adding Early Childhood to his list. I dont even know how to start curing him of his ignorance. I cant argue this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate / Okopoly Lecturer, Chinedu Ezeonwu 'Biggie' Dies, Buried (Graphic Photos) / Ultramodern Schools Built By Governor Zulum In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.