Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) (69426 Views)

How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me / Who Has Bought Cement For 1000 Naira Per A Bag Since The New Price Announcement? / Builders: How Many Blocks Is Recommended Per Bag Of Cement ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by osamaBUSH(m): 8:48am On Nov 04, 2014
opiaoku:
and they say gej no go rule again?
gej till buhari dies
i am sure you reside in mubi, you will have a rethink
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by opiaoku: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2014
osamaBUSH:

i am sure you reside in mubi, you will have a rethink

nope i reside at otu nne i

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by dweb: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2014
Even if it is marketing strategy, that is a lot in reduction
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by collmira: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2014
Hope the building won't collaps again
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Elcemento(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Order for you dangote cement at reduced prices.Call us today at El Cemento Enterprises...08158645514.Thank you. wink smiley smiley smiley

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by geraldineevi(f): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2014
talktimi:
By Victor Ahiuma-Young

LAGOS—LEADING cement manufacturer, Dangote Cement Plc, weekend, announced drastic reduction of the prices of its cement.

The new price regime announced by the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, GMD/CEO, of Dangote Cement, Mr. Devakumar Edwin, pegged the Dangote 32.5 cement grade at N1,000 per 50 kg bag, while the higher 42.5 grade would sell for N1,150 per bag.

A statement by the company at the end of a management meeting said, however, that the new prices were exclusive of the Value Added Tax, VAT, representing about 40 per cent discount on the prevailing market price of the product currently sold for N1,700 irrespective of the grade, across the country.

Edwin said the move was in line with the company’s commitment to the nation’s dire need for the development of infrastructure and to boost the federal and state government’s ongoing effort to reduce the near 20 million housing deficit in Africa’s largest economy.

He said, “we recognize the need for an increased rapid response to the huge infrastructure and housing deficit in the country, and one of the ways of addressing the issue is bringing the price of building materials down to much more affordable levels especially cement which is within our control as part of our contribution to the transformation agenda of the Goodluck Jonathan administration and the attainment of key milestones in the Millennium Development Goals, MDGs.

“Since the commencement of the implementation of the backward integration policy for cement in the country over 12 years ago, the local production capacity of the product rose from less than three million metric tonnes per annum to about 38 million metric tonnes per annum. During the more than 12-year period of the backward integration policy, nearly $20 billion has been directly and indirectly injected into the Nigerian cement industry with Dangote Cement Plc accounting for 60 per cent of that spend.”

The GMD/CEO added that Dangote Cement Plc would continue to ensure alignment of its corporate social responsibility with its strategic business initiatives and will continue to evaluate its pricing regime in Nigeria’s best interest.

Meanwhile, the timing of the initiative has confounded industry watchers, who say that from experience, the cement market is on the verge of entering the accelerated demand phase as the raining season is tapering and the dry season which provides the opportunity for increased construction and building activities is setting in.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/dangote-slashes-cement-price-n1000-per-bag/
na who dey sale am 1k hmmm
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Libertysaypete: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2014
You see this our leaders self, they just dey find something to boast there confidence level on coming election, after that cement will be 2,000 even more than that,. Yooman that's Nigeria for u.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by LilyHomes: 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Elcemento:
Order for you dangote cement at reduced prices.Call us today at El Cemento Enterprises...08158645514.Thank you. wink smiley smiley smiley

Call me on 08034056000 if truly you sell at the reduced prices. Or Send you quotation to ivoryhomesestate@gmail.com with "DANGOTE CEMENT" as the subject.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by spyder880(m): 3:55am On Nov 07, 2014
The expected impacts of Dangote cement price reduction

Of course I heard the information late like many people, up to 12 hours after it made it into the dailies that business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote is about to slash cement prices by up to 40%. I got quite a number of calls from friends and readers of many of my articles on the supposed impact of this news in the building industry. My perspective on the whole thing are to be listed down in my points below;

1. How soon are we going to start buying cement for N1000.00?

I quickly called some of my heavy dealers in Dangote cement and questioned them about this, they said the company asked them yesterday to wait till 2 weeks so they could exhaust the old stock of cement before buying the new batch with lowered costs.

2. How much will you be selling the cement to us the unit consumers?

When I asked them this question, they were of the opinion that since they are supposed to be buying from Dangote at N1000.00 advertised, they will add their offloading charges and profit to the price, which means that you and me might be buying cement for between N1,100-N1,200, depending on your location.

3. Is this new cement exactly the same with the ones in the shops now?

They said its not! They said this cement will be of the 32.5 capacity, instead of the 42.5 in circulation now. Meaning that there is a possibility that this new cement coming in might not be as strong as the ones we are using now.

4. Will this mean that construction costs will fall overall?

Well it needs to be seen first, how much the prices will drop to and how the quality might turn out to be. If the fall is drastic and supplies constant, it might well ease off on project costs and benefit builders and home owners alike. It has the capacity to bring a construction boom if well managed.

5. What impact will this have on the other cement manufacturers and importers?

Do you that there is some news in the grapevine about the real reasons for the price drop being as a result of intense competition and a need to command more market share among cement producers? In this case the competition is expected to react, either reduce prices as well or increase quality, or even drop supplies, creating a heavy scarcity since Dangote is expected to flooded with a deluge of orders. What happens next? Another price increase to scare off surplus demands. Competition is unpredictable.

6. Will it affect the cost of rents, will landlords reduce rents?

That is like wishing for too much, since we have not even seen the reduction, but however there are other factors in construction which needs to drop before rents can drop. What about land costs and illegal fees? What about rods, sand, granite and labour costs, will they all soft-pedal like Dangote?

7. Does this have political undertones, especially ahead of 2015 general elections?

Don't put me in trouble, I don't know! grin grin grin grin

www.amazingviewpoints..com
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Elcemento(m): 7:59am On Nov 07, 2014
I shall give you a call as soon as I'm off the road.Thanks for your interest. smiley smiley
LilyHomes:

Call me on 08034056000 if truly you sell at the reduced prices. Or Send you quotation to ivoryhomesestate@gmail.com with "DANGOTE CEMENT" as the subject.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by confluence: 12:09am On Nov 10, 2014
Dangote cement is currently selling for 1400, in lokoja as at last week friday, what is the current price in your area?
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by onihaxy: 8:24am On Nov 13, 2014
Elcemento:

Is it 1,000 per bag?. If yes, quote and reply me and let's do business
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Elcemento(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2014
No sir. I think people are getting things mixed up. The one for 1k is the 32.5grade and it's not in the market yet,even the 1k is excluding 5%VAT.But the 42.5 grade is available,the price depends on ur location and whether you want to transport it urself.

CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE!!! smiley smiley smiley
onihaxy:

Is it 1,000 per bag?. If yes, quote and reply me and let's do business

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by KolaShangOne(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2014
confluence:
Dangote cement is currently selling for 1400, in lokoja as at last week friday, what is the current price in your area?

1500 in ibadan.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by confluence: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2014
@kolashangone, thanks for the update
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Chekitaut: 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2014
Understand the useage of the Cement, Don't endanger your life or people's life.

Grade 32.5 from Dangote is for plastering
Grade 42.5 is for Block making, Shocking and concrete Work.

i am not confident about Cement quality anymore, reason is that no implement can be use to detect the difference. If our government want to upgrade the strength of Cement it should be a single grade.

Some developer will start the use of 32.5 instead of 42.5

...Build Right!!!

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by willo4ever: 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dangote cement just went from 1450 to 2000 naira dis morning in benin city.....GEJ till people start thinking well....
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by peaceland(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
as at 15/12/2014 Dangote Cement is N1,900 @ Mowe, Ogun State. At least from 3 sources I went to.
what is all the noise about N1,000 - N1,450 about?
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by confluence: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
same here in lokoja 1800
something wrong with nigeria
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by peaceland(m): 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by xtremely9ja: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dangote has increased the price of CEM 42,5 (3X) to 1,745 as against 1,308 he was advertising 3 weeks ago and CEM 32,5 to 1,585 as against 1,150.

Now where are his praise singers.

Dangote milking Nigerians since 1000BC grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
i bought it for 1400 on friday. Thank God i don complete plastering dt soakaway, i for cry for this new price.

I dont know if this increase in price has anything to do with the festivities. I sent my supervisor to buy roofing sheet this morning and the price of alumunium span increased by 100 naira for each lenght.This increase just messed up the quote i was given previously. He advised that we should wait till after the festivity. i just hope its d festivity and not the increase in lending rate that is affecting these prices.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Chekitaut: 11:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
peaceland:

Imagine!, The funny thing is no one was able to give me a good reason for the hike in prices; as at Saturday (13/12/2014) it was still N1500/bag.
seems chekitaut has been right all along; so why try to fool us with a well publicized price reduction when nothing like that will happen?. we indeed have a long long way to go.
This is due to devaluing of our Naira by CBN, i smell it coming very urgent and it happen for real. Our government Bad oooo. Jona think i will come and knock is door to feed my family abi...God pass you Jona. I pray that if Cement is sold for 5,000naira/bag my client God will pave way for them, enlarge their coast, increase their finance aswell IJN(Amen, Amen & Amen) Jona you are a Failure.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by talktimi(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2014
mercylicious:
i bought it for 1400 on friday. Thank God i don complete plastering dt soakaway, i for cry for this new price.

I dont know if this increase in price has anything to do with the festivities. I sent my supervisor to buy roofing sheet this morning and the price of alumunium span increased by 100 naira for each lenght.This increase just messed up the quote i was given previously. He advised that we should wait till after the festivity. i just hope its d festivity and not the increase in lending rate that is affecting these prices.
I advice you buy what you can now even if its half the quantity
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by spyder880(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Uppercut! Nobody saw this blow coming cheesy It is well.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by mufutau55(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:
Uppercut! Nobody saw this blow coming cheesy It is well.

Spyder, YES, you did saw it coming oh!... Remember your last email about the cement price reduction when it was first announced..
in the last paragraph you asked if this is a POLITICALLY motivated and then you dodged the answer....
Now you can categorically say they are playing POLITICS with our head and mind in Nigeria... No more dodging the answer.

Hajji M.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Chekitaut: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Advert everywhere Cement price reduction to N1000 before the reduction took place, but when their is increase, it was silent, Dangote is really exploiting us... Der is God ooo
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by gtrust: 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
Chekitaut:
Advert everywhere Cement price reduction to N1000 before the reduction took place, but when their is increase, it was silent, Dangote is really exploiting us... Der is God ooo

Maybe the effect of Oil Price crash and Devaluation of the Naira

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by bode4real(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2014
I kno from d beginin of d 1k advertt dat somettin is fisshy, now its on 2k average.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Chekitaut: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
Dangote!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? / How Much Can Raise A Decent Room And Parlour Self Contain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.