Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? (27577 Views)

Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? / With N20.000 Which Importation Business Am i Gonna En-back On / Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by emeka94(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
AbuMikey:

don't worry, the Seller will Ship out two orders, I guess.

Thanks bro.
But have you heard or seen anyone that it happened to?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by ConsciousMind: 6:49am On Jan 09, 2015
Ymodulus:

OK. Bro. Its easy. You see issue of Logistics is no longer difficult as people make it to look. My only reason of not sharing it was I was skeptical of how it would be abused. But I will do so tonight on my new thread - " Do it Yourself - Contract Version "

Now to your question, all you have to do is this work to Peace mass transit go to the courier section and try tell them you want to register as a member and let them see how often you will always patronize them. They will agree and always give you discounted price and have it secured.

Note that I paid #100 for those goods above because they were slippers.

This trick is the easiest it works even for dhl. For dhl. Go to their office and register as a member and you will always remember today. Do you know some guys pay N3000 for 1Kg to some northern states from China via Dhl?

Its not expensive its extremely cheap. Because if you say you want to use third party agent. Please calculate the way bill + clearance + logistics for transfer to the north.

Summarily, I mean go talk heart to heart with them.

Some people here know well on this, in fact someone on this forum taught me this. If you know more chip in one or two ideas don't be scared.

[size=18pt]““Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” [/size]—Jeffrey Zeldman,

Ymodulus

Hi, how would I go about attaining clients. I want to start a procurement/importation bussiness, where I'll do all the errants and shopping for you abroad (as I live abroad) and get your things delievered to you, saving you the air fare and all.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2015
kentochi:

Last year August
ah.... you are old member enough to know whom to contact na. kpele.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by AbuMikey(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2015
emeka94:

Thanks bro.
But have you heard or seen anyone that it happened to?

No, I haven't
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by conquistadores(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2015
Pls guys which do i do first? Get a buyer here b4 going online 2 find a seller or find a seller online b4 lookin 4 a buyer here? Am askin becos 2 meet a buyer first, u need 2 hv already known hw much u wil sell d products 2 d buyer when he asks 4 ur price and i think its not right 2 give a price when you've not known hw much ur supplier will sell u online.
Pls wat do u tink?
Oga Ymodulus, i askd a questn on ur contract version thread since Jan. 2nd, no reply. seems u no longer visit dat thread
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 10:23am On Jan 09, 2015
conquistadores:
Pls guys which do i do first? Get a buyer here b4 going online 2 find a seller or find a seller online b4 lookin 4 a buyer here? Am askin becos 2 meet a buyer first, u need 2 hv already known hw much u wil sell d products 2 d buyer when he asks 4 ur price and i think its not right 2 give a price when you've not known hw much ur supplier will sell u online.
Pls wat do u tink?
Oga Ymodulus, i askd a questn on ur contract version thread since Jan. 2nd, no reply. seems u no longer visit dat thread
advice is make ur research first here in Nigeria, ask how much it goes for here, then buy online and reduce ur price by few hundreds u will surely get buyers...
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2015
ConsciousMind:

Hi, how would I go about attaining clients. I want to start a procurement/importation bussiness, where I'll do all the errants and shopping for you abroad (as I live abroad) and get your things delievered to you, saving you the air fare and all.
av a media presence Nd create a niche like what exactly you will be going into..
a site/blog might be an advantage but in all be diligent...
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by conquistadores(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2015
jaydee87:

advice is make ur research first here in Nigeria, ask how much it goes for here, then buy online and reduce ur price by few hundreds u will surely get buyers...

tanx Jaydee, that means i shud import d products first b4 lookin 4 buyers here. So long as its cheaper and its a product in demand, i'll find buyers.
Am aiming customized flash drives 2 supply to schools, stationery stores and computer training centres
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 11:06am On Jan 09, 2015
conquistadores:

tanx Jaydee, that means i shud import d products first b4 lookin 4 buyers here. So long as its cheaper and its a product in demand, i'll find buyers.
Am aiming customized flash drives 2 supply to schools, stationery stores and computer training centres
for your chosen niche u have to make the first step proposal writing and approval before importing... but for school u can buy first and take to the school depending on where u located sha.. students will surely buy...
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by conquistadores(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
Am jst chattin online wit a chinese lady on alibaba abt flashdrives. I told her i need 16gb USB flash drive yet she says she dnt knw d type i wnt. She sed they hv abt 1000 kinds of usb flash drives. Am jst confused. I dnt wnt 2 appear lyk a novice 2 her. Pls i need help.
Is there any special name 4 flashdrives we use on computers n laptops?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by kentochi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
2sExy1:
ah.... you are old member enough to know whom to contact na. kpele.
that was mistak on my side and the very last scam on my side!
No room for such again.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
kentochi:

that was mistak on my side and the very last scam on my side!
No room for such again.
I have NEVER been scammed on nairaland grin dem wan die?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by DadaStephen1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
God bless all those who commented positively. You will prosper this year in Jesus name.
My question is apart from aliexpress.com which most people can vouch for, what other sites can one try in china and for faily used products in U.S?
thanks
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by julian888(m): 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ymodulus:
I will take the above to be your first time doing business. Well don't get bitter over the loss. Business is a an euphemistic risk in my own definition and the first is always the learning point. Notwithstanding your loss you can make good use of the said amount ( N20,000 ) and make reasonable profit. All depends on your logic and determination and how well you can face the world.

In Importation I always like to classify it into 4

1. The Buyers and sellers. ( They buy item and sell )
2. The Suppliers. They supply item in bulk and get money. Requires more expertise money/ experience and connection )
3. The procurement guys. They buy for people and they pay them
4. Contract getters.

With the sum of N20,000 i have this pin size advice to give you.

1. Do not rush buying any item because you see your mates buying them or its the latest fad in town. Do proper research. At times the most stupid item may be the best selling item.

2. From experience avoid items that involve large money. Try get items that requires less and profit will be high. Let's get it straight in business you have to kill your emotions and its about the final money. If you are to import get items that when you bring them in landing cost should not exceed N2000 and that when you sell them you can make gain of N800 per item at minimum.

Please for your N20,000 do not go about importing these items

a. Female Bag
b. Brazilian Hair
c. Phone. ( You need more strength to sell this but it can be so rewarding mind you. )

Avoid the above liste items. its a 20% success - 80% failure chance. Also your money won't be enough to finance it. And you may not have the required market of which is difficult this does not goes to say you can't make a profit no. But let these be your last options.

Items I did prolly advice you get, are items of less value and weight. You can look into

a ) Slippers : I mean quality in-house slippers, I know you will say am stupid or crazy but sir these is the season and many guys are raking in big money from it. From Adidas to several crazy slippers design, I will send you a manufacturer for this if you want.

b ) Wrist Watches: Like it or not these are selling items. You just need to know the right way to sell it.

c) Female Flat Shoes: female flat shoes are moving like hell. Though am not into them but I can bodly tell you people on it are ploughing in money.

d) Glasses: By glass I mean Designers glasses. Complete replica. Note I said complete replica.These replicas are exactly the same undistinguishable. I mean AAA not AA or A. Meet guys like sterdam / shinaf. They will assist for free on this. And tell you how to sell it and if you are lucky sterdam may be of greater help to you here.

e). Fashion Items: Look for items in general that are used and will get finished everyday. Items that people will always want to keep coming for. Please avoid Cream Tubes as they are contra - band but if you must go for them. Contact me I will give you a shipper to handle that.

g). Generally if you must go for an item do it under these two category. Consumable Goods or Luxury.

Mode of Selling: There are many means to sell. The easiest way is through BBM , Konga, Jumia or Nairaland Advert ( I mean paid advert offered by seun on nairaland. ). I know you may say why should I pay 2000naira for an advert for 3-4 days trust me those advert change life. You can't even get such response from google AdSense. For konga and Jumia contact the nairalander. Paradise163 she will explain all you need. And hey believe me konga and jumia is the best for you. More to it than people see. But for now rake in your money fast and clear.
Olx too is another fast means but advertising in popular locations only. Post one advert in about 6 states preferably ( Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Kano and Portharcoyt ).

Please also note this that the above advice is based on the premise that you want to venture into the buying and selling aspect of importation. And do not make mistake of trying to say you can go alone, meet guys to put you through and give you necessary assistance in one way or the other so you do not experiment with N20,000.

As I take a bow, I will like to hammer once more on my last advice. Please meet someone to guide you do not risk things anyhow. You can meet any of these guys.

MayorAll.
Youngzedd
Initialize
Paradise163 ( she will be so free. Note the other names are very busy guys. But paradise will be free. )
Nivlin
Delaruh
Sterdam
Yemi2plus
9free, etc
Many and many others.

If you want ideas about pricing of items meet Thespecialone, to me he has the best pricing idea I will support however not all times you make items cheap.

In all meet someone to coach you please and please. To further emphasize on you getting a mentor let me leave you with this quote

[size=15pt]What an elder will see when seated , you won't see even when standing on an iroko tree[/size] - Unknown . (but an Igbo adage not so sure though )

Please meet some to guide you. Thanks

Ymodulus
Nice one
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by atitebi(m): 5:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
just joining the class.
More wisdom and success to all of u dat are contributing positively to other pples live by this and other way..

Am a registered nairalander since 2006, bt i dont often come online and even wen i come, i dont usually comment, just to bypass not knowing i have been really missing much.
I have been looking for a part time and not much biz to do and i blv this will do d hit.

@ymodulus... i ve read ur other threads too abt importing.....u ar superb.
@others contributing.....u ar hero
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by zacchtoy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
thanks to all who have opened our eyes to this kind of business especially those of us who wants to start with small capital; am new here though have read through all the comments i still need a mentor please so as to guide me please. my number is 08030472777 and my mail add is zacchtoy01@yahoo.com.

Thanks all...
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by zacchtoy(m): 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
SunnyJ2:
I appreciate you all, who contributed in this thread. My good have arrived from china. is my possesion now.
@YMODULUS thanks for for your advice.

Please can you kindly guide me through to make my orders and pay please; am interested in buying slippers. my contacts are zacchtoy01@yahoo.com or 08030472777. thanks.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by elipec01(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ymodulus:
I will take the above to be your first time doing business. Well don't get bitter over the loss. Business is a an euphemistic risk in my own definition and the first is always the learning point. Notwithstanding your loss you can make good use of the said amount ( N20,000 ) and make reasonable profit. All depends on your logic and determination and how well you can face the world.

In Importation I always like to classify it into 4

1. The Buyers and sellers. ( They buy item and sell )
2. The Suppliers. They supply item in bulk and get money. Requires more expertise money/ experience and connection )
3. The procurement guys. They buy for people and they pay them
4. Contract getters.

With the sum of N20,000 i have this pin size advice to give you.

1. Do not rush buying any item because you see your mates buying them or its the latest fad in town. Do proper research. At times the most stupid item may be the best selling item.

2. From experience avoid items that involve large money. Try get items that requires less and profit will be high. Let's get it straight in business you have to kill your emotions and its about the final money. If you are to import get items that when you bring them in landing cost should not exceed N2000 and that when you sell them you can make gain of N800 per item at minimum.

Please for your N20,000 do not go about importing these items

a. Female Bag
b. Brazilian Hair
c. Phone. ( You need more strength to sell this but it can be so rewarding mind you. )

Avoid the above liste items. its a 20% success - 80% failure chance. Also your money won't be enough to finance it. And you may not have the required market of which is difficult this does not goes to say you can't make a profit no. But let these be your last options.

Items I did prolly advice you get, are items of less value and weight. You can look into

a ) Slippers : I mean quality in-house slippers, I know you will say am stupid or crazy but sir these is the season and many guys are raking in big money from it. From Adidas to several crazy slippers design, I will send you a manufacturer for this if you want.

b ) Wrist Watches: Like it or not these are selling items. You just need to know the right way to sell it.

c) Female Flat Shoes: female flat shoes are moving like hell. Though am not into them but I can bodly tell you people on it are ploughing in money.

d) Glasses: By glass I mean Designers glasses. Complete replica. Note I said complete replica.These replicas are exactly the same undistinguishable. I mean AAA not AA or A. Meet guys like sterdam / shinaf. They will assist for free on this. And tell you how to sell it and if you are lucky sterdam may be of greater help to you here.

e). Fashion Items: Look for items in general that are used and will get finished everyday. Items that people will always want to keep coming for. Please avoid Cream Tubes as they are contra - band but if you must go for them. Contact me I will give you a shipper to handle that.

g). Generally if you must go for an item do it under these two category. Consumable Goods or Luxury.

Mode of Selling: There are many means to sell. The easiest way is through BBM , Konga, Jumia or Nairaland Advert ( I mean paid advert offered by seun on nairaland. ). I know you may say why should I pay 2000naira for an advert for 3-4 days trust me those advert change life. You can't even get such response from google AdSense. For konga and Jumia contact the nairalander. Paradise163 she will explain all you need. And hey believe me konga and jumia is the best for you. More to it than people see. But for now rake in your money fast and clear.
Olx too is another fast means but advertising in popular locations only. Post one advert in about 6 states preferably ( Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Kano and Portharcoyt ).

Please also note this that the above advice is based on the premise that you want to venture into the buying and selling aspect of importation. And do not make mistake of trying to say you can go alone, meet guys to put you through and give you necessary assistance in one way or the other so you do not experiment with N20,000.

As I take a bow, I will like to hammer once more on my last advice. Please meet someone to guide you do not risk things anyhow. You can meet any of these guys.

MayorAll.
Youngzedd
Initialize
Paradise163 ( she will be so free. Note the other names are very busy guys. But paradise will be free. )
Nivlin
Delaruh
Sterdam
Yemi2plus
9free, etc
Many and many others.

If you want ideas about pricing of items meet Thespecialone, to me he has the best pricing idea I will support however not all times you make items cheap.

In all meet someone to coach you please and please. To further emphasize on you getting a mentor let me leave you with this quote

[size=15pt]What an elder will see when seated , you won't see even when standing on an iroko tree[/size] - Unknown . (but an Igbo adage not so sure though )

Please meet some to guide you. Thanks

Ymodulus

Am always happy wen ever I read your post, you are a blessing to people around you. Please am in port harcourt, I need shipping agent that can ship to my location and also your mentorship.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Tundenoni(m): 10:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
atitebi:
just joining the class.
More wisdom and success to all of u dat are contributing positively to other pples live by this and other way..

Am a registered nairalander since 2006, bt i dont often come online and even wen i come, i dont usually comment, just to bypass not knowing i have been really missing much.
I have been looking for a part time and not much biz to do and i blv this will do d hit.

@ymodulus... i ve read ur other threads too abt importing.....u ar superb.
@others contributing.....u ar hero
do u reside in atitebi?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Onyibestz(m): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
elipec01:

Am always happy wen ever I read your post, you are a blessing to people around you. Please am in port harcourt, I need shipping agent that can ship to my location and also your mentorship.
FRIEND, EMAIL ME LET ME HELP U, ONYIBESTZ26@GMAIL.COM AS AGENT
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Wonder1844(m): 1:29am On Jan 15, 2015
Pls where can i get original jewelries to buy as many ppl are complaining abt aliexpress.com product.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by atitebi(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
Tundenoni:

do u reside in atitebi?

No.....i reside at Agege
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by conquistadores(m): 9:38am On Jan 16, 2015
Anyone knows the current market price for laptop screen protector? Trying 2 see if i can enter that line. Don't knw hw profitable it is yet
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by babaagba1000: 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
Am still having problems buying from 1688.com...registration [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by conquistadores(m): 7:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Wicked exchange rate plus chinese holiday beginning next week have tied all my plans down.
Too bad!
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Tectono: 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
For you to be successful in importation business and to avoid being duped by any foreign seller, you must have an adequate knowledge of:
Import operations.
Import management.
Import documentations.
Methods of payment in import business e.g Letter of Credit (L/C)
For more information, check out these links:
http://tectono..com/2014/09/nigeria-business-review-in-conjunction_6.html
http://tectono..com/2014/09/nigeria-business-review-in-conjunction.html
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by okunlove(f): 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
[quote author=Georgematics post=27883520][/quote]@ ur advice is very helpful,want 2 go into mini importation 2.thanks 2 all dos shared their views.loveth
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by magnuga(f): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2015
Its nice coming across this information.Ymodulus,welldone.I have been a silent follower of this importation thread,ive imported a few things for personal use.Before plunging into the business proper,Paradise163,can i have your contacts please?.You can send it to my email - margaretnuga2002@yahoo.com.
Welldone everyone who has contributed one way or the other,you are all appreciated.
Paradise163,waiting to hear from you.
Thank you and GOD bless!
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by kaposky(f): 11:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
start your importation biz today with these hot products that sell fast.
Follow the link on my signature to get yours
Enjoy
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Abrogeezy(m): 12:58am On Jul 10, 2015
I know a certain expert in this field, her name is Aderonke Bamidele, she has a high profile of qualifications online and she owns several businesses as well. When it comes to importation business she has nailed it having made a ton of money from it herself. Follow a proven expert in the field of importation, she does a good job at teaching with precision what she has researched and proven. You probably know her already. Information you have access to is what makes you different from another. I can guarantee that the information in this product will show you all the things she has personally researched and she is using to grow her empire as well as helping others.
Here is something she posted below:

WARNING: Don't Buy Any laptop, laptop accessories, mobile phones, mobile phone accessories, Android, tablets, smartphones, children's wear, adult wears, diamond rings, jewelries, health products, weaveon, brazillian, indian, peruvian hair, car accessories, car spare parts, car mp3s and GPS, Wristwatches, sunglasses, rugs, carpet and foot-mats, office
equipments, home appliances, human hair, electronic appliances, home and office furniture Until You Read This Report !!!
You would regret it Later if You Don't Know How to get the Brand New of these items at wholesale prices and at extremely
low cost without travelling abroad. No Custom Wahala, No Delayed Product, Low Shipping Cost, Less Than 5 Days Maximum Delivery, Branded And Top Quality Products At Wholesale Prices.
You can Never Find Another Way Of Getting Such Items at dirt cheap Unless It's Called Stealing! Ready to get yours? Ready to start your own profitable business?
If yes, then follow this link to get the full information

CLICK HERE

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by MyParadise(m): 1:48am On Jul 10, 2015
yemi2plus:
Young has said it all, just to add to what he has said, you need good marketing skills to sell whatever you choice to import into Nigeria, it is important to know how to confuse, influence and control the mind of your customers into buying your items. You don't have to do the selling yourself if you're not good in that area; engage TRUSTED friends and maybe family members to help. If you're in a school environment, post advert of products on different location in and outside campus, post online advert on olx and other site. For OLX, just like Young said, post the advert in different states where you can easily ship the goods to, if customers are afraid to send the cash to you without seeing the item, ask them if they know anyone in school who they can send the money to while you give the product to the person for further shipment to the customer.

All the best!
thanks
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by yemi2plus(m): 2:13am On Jul 10, 2015
MyParadise:
thanks
You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Can I Import From New York And Sell In Nigeria? / How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria / Lagos Declares November 10 Black Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.