Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? (62199 Views)

DPR Suspends Import Permits Of Capital Oil, Sahara & Folawiyo / #FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Jonathan Return To Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
kasiem:
from the spelling of ifianyi which is supposed to be ifeanyi u will finally realise that this op is not an igbo person who has been claiming to be
guy u Bleep up

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by omenka(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
atlwireles:

Ask a lawyer to explain what "amicable settlement" means in Nigeria's legal jurisprudence.
We should ask a lawyer in this case, but you never asked anyone to ask a lawyer when the question about Fela's sentencing came up. What wonderful logic!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Dannyset(m): 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
Chei.....dis GEJ and GMB e-contest is really getting interesting by the day, and I pray it doesn't cause another thing other than what we are already seeing. Well, as for me and my household, I stand for CHANGE.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by duni04(m): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
datolee:

Your question has no bases, Capital oil wasn't taken over by AMCON because of subsidy fraud, AMCON does not investigate subsidy fraud, It was taken over like other banks because of debt!

In fact, the earlier arrangement was for AMCON to manage the company for two years (from 2013 to 2015), stablize the company ad hand it back over to Ifeanyi Uba, he never stopped being the owner, just that he was ousted as the CEO and cannot sign cheque. As matter of fact, AMCON gave him two options, either to continue working as CEO and forfeit his governorship aspiration or go for governorship and forfeit being CEO.

What is the relationship between AMCON and subsidy? He has reached agreement with AMCON just like the other banks and business taken over by AMCON and he is reinstated as the CEO. all these while, he never cease to be the owner.

We shout corruption every time. Don't mislead people

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/amcon-takes-over-ifeanyi-ubahs-capital-oil/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/seize-capital-oil-amcon/
Lol this is just ridiculous and even paints your president in bad light. So he used our money to bail out a private citizen, and then instead of auctioning off the company like they did mainstreet bank and intercontinental bank (which Amcon also seized), they return it back to UBA? A TAN supporter? See all these impeachable offences we're just overlooking.

15 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by atlwireles: 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
omenka:
We should ask a lawyer in this case, but you never asked anyone to ask a lawyer when the question about Fela's sentencing came up. What wonderful logic!

The judge involved answered whatever question you might have. Abi, na lie I talk?
Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
Firefire:

Bro, how you dey?

Our friends from the covens are twisting the truth...

I dey bro, how your side?

It's really very sad they way they play their politics. Twisting facts, propagating lies and deceit. We must keep telling the Nigerian Public the truth

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Mortiano(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
omenka:
Go to hell in six different ways. And don't try to derail the thread.

Question remainsn why was capital oil returned to Uba??
thats one thing i hate most, u r not igbo n yet u used igbo name to confuse people. silly people, that obiagelli inclusive, silly people.
N.b, i'm not against u as opposition, but disguising in the name of igbo name is quite appalling and disgusting, u guys can do more than that. peace

13 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by sweetgala(m): 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
It is depressing, I personally given the choice would rather not want to vote for Old man Buhari come 2015 but when you look at the alternative , a continuation of this criminal experience we now find ourselves, I know for Nigeria to survive GEJ must go.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
duni04:

Lol this is just ridiculous and even paints your a president in bad light. So he used our money to bail out a private citizen, and then instead of auctioning off the company like they did mainstreet bank and intercontinental banks (which Amcon also seized), theyreturnt it back to UBA? A TAN supporter? See all these impeachable offences we're just overlooking.

If you do not the working of AMCON, then, I need not reply you!. Have you ever heard of government bail-out in US and UK and other countries? Do you know what is called a strategic company that is essential to the economy of the nation?

13 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
datolee:

Your question has no bases, Capital oil wasn't taken over by AMCON because of subsidy fraud, AMCON does not investigate subsidy fraud, It was taken over like other banks because of debt!

In fact, the earlier arrangement was for AMCON to manage the company for two years (from 2013 to 2015), stablize the company ad hand it back over to Ifeanyi Uba, he never stopped being the owner, just that he was ousted as the CEO and cannot sign cheque. As matter of fact, AMCON gave him two options, either to continue working as CEO and forfeit his governorship aspiration or go for governorship and forfeit being CEO.

What is the relationship between AMCON and subsidy? He has reached agreement with AMCON just like the other banks and business taken over by AMCON and he is reinstated as the CEO. all these while, he never cease to be the owner.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/amcon-takes-over-ifeanyi-ubahs-capital-oil/

My friend, you are very good at misleading people.
Firstlt, the company's management was taken over by AMCOM because they were indebted by N65 billion. What is the Amicable settlement?

“It was N53bn plus N12bn of interest accumulated over the last two years, and the interest is accruing at the rate of about N800m to N900m a month,” he had said.

10 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Synthase(m): 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
omenka:

Ifeanyi Uba is the major financier and coordinator of TAN.

Why was capital oil returned back to him?? Why isn't he in jail??

Nb: I need cogent answers. This is an ongoing research work.

Cc: Seun, Obinoscopy. Please can we have this on the front page?? What is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.
All of una just dey do research and counter-research...grin anyway I need answers too for research purpose.
Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by shizzleStar: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
lacasa:

Being Sincere, the Thread actually makes more sense than you.

#Just Being Sincere
Of course you and op are in the same pedestal, so its no surprise that such nonsense will make plenty of sense to nuisances like you.

Useless APigC dumbheads
Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by pentagonal: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
datolee:

It's really very sad they way they play their politics. Twisting facts, propagating lies and deceit. We must keep telling the Nigerian Public the truth

the cheers from your fellow reetards is getting into your head. where in the whole wide world will a government return a bankrupt and corrupt private company back to the owners. without auctioning it off to get back the tax payers bail out funds. only otueke enclave where impunity reigns.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
datolee:

If you do not the working of AMCON, then, I need not reply you!. Have you ever heard of government bail-out in US and UK and other countries? Do you know what is called a strategic company that is essential to the economy of the nation?
It was a Court ruling that led to the taken over of the Management of Capital Oil in the first instance for owing over N65 billion. The question is, what is the legal/moral justification for handing over Capital Oil back to Ifeanyi Ubah when the Court Ruled that AMCON should manage it for TWO YEARS, which is 2013-2015?

The corporation said, “Following discussions with COG, a resolution was reached, which was subsequently adopted as terms of settlement in suit number FHC/ABJ/CS/714/2012 at the Federal High Court. One of the key conditions of this settlement is that AMCON takes over executive management of the COG for a period of two years.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
Omenka,perfect counter-threading!
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Firefire(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
datolee:

Cool here cool

I don’t know when APC would change? Lies, Propaganda, caricature and wicked-falsification cannot WIN them election.

"Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship".

- William Blum

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by jimharry21(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
if somebody tells me what happened to Otedola & Lawal then i will ask GEJ what has happened to Ubah?

12 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Kelvin0(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
Firefire:
If you find anything against Ubah, go to court.

However, ensure you have enough evidence to nail him otherwise you will be sentence by the Judge to 10 Years Imprisonment...

I warned you!

My real guy, u are highly greeted...!
Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by blkmum700: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
Mortiano:

thats one thing i hate most, u r not igbo n yet u used igbo name to confuse people. silly people, that obiagelli inclusive, silly people.
N.b, i'm not against u as opposition, but disguising in the name of igbo name is quite appalling and disgusting, u guys can do more than that. peace

do you have any problem with him being Igbo,he said he's igbo and who are you to say he's not igbo because he refused to be Sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by atlwireles: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2014

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by IYANGBALI: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:
What else if not for 2015 election? Isn't it obvious?

Jonathan is corruption personified. Simple!!
this 2015 erec-tion go cause wahala o
Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by kasiem(m): 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ipledge:
you are one of the useless nigerians that makes other Nigerians look useless,he raised something meaningful all you can grab is his tribe,your foolishness is in ur gene
i agree that i'm useless according to ur definition but the op lacks integrity for claiming to be an igbo while he is not just to carry out his dubious activities so this brought a wonderful platform for for his mischief to be blown up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by dguyindcorner(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Firefire:
If you find anything against Ubah, go to court.

However, ensure you have enough evidence to nail him otherwise you will be sentence by the Judge to 10 Years Imprisonment...

I warned you!

Learn how to respond and not how to react ya son of TAN
Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
barcanista:
My friend, you are very good at misleading people.
Firstlt, the company's management was taken over by AMCOM because they were indebted by N65 billion. What is the Amicable settlement?

Why must you keep doing this? At first you said it was taken over because of subsidy fraud... We must let Nigerian's know that it wasn't taken over because of subsidy fraud but because of debt (remember AIG and Cosmas Maduka case?)

From you link, this is what AMCON said

“Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, the erstwhile Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, has consequently relinquished his role as head of the organisation. In the interim, AMCON has appointed an acting managing director to ensure accountability and continuity of operations.”

AMCON said its takeover of the executive management of the COG within the two-year timeframe would stabilise the company, adding that it planned to ensure seamless operations at the company

AMCON taken over was just to stabilize the company and hand it over to Uba!! If they have reached an agreement before this time frame, who are you to question it? Are you privy to the agreement?

15 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by OYAY(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Citizen get the type of leader they quest for! Nothing is worst of in this world than to have a gullible and foolish followers, I can not understand the basis of some people arguing that the president has no hand in his exoneration from all the initial faudulent cases;is this case not similar to Mohammed Abacha's case and Malabu controversy? I am begging us to be Objective and shun sentiment if want this country to move forward.
There is no where in the report that stated he has paid back the loan of access bank or he is no more part of the subsidy scammers!

9 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by dguyindcorner(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
atlwireles:

There are gullible children reading threads on this forum, they need the other side. The OP is not worth my time.

You do not even worth the time
Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Firefire(m): 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
Kelvin0:

My real guy, u are highly greeted...!

Bro, we shall all live to see the 4th weeping of the People's General come February 2015. cheesy

Inshall Allah!

I greet U.

10 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
omenka:
AMCON operates under the thumb of the president without whose approval properties/assets of this nature can neither be confiscated nor relinquished.
One would simply be playing the ostrich by trying to absolve the president of involvement in this.

What other Agency doesnt operate under the thumb of the President in Nigeria to you?, as long as politics will make you believe that even the supreme court is under the President, then i don't think there is any need for you to bring this topic up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by duni04(m): 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
datolee:

LMAO! see ignorance on display! Somebody couldn't pay off his debts to some banks and had his company seized and put under administration, preparatory to its eventual sale. Uba was not even supossed to be able to buy his company back from AMCON for ethical and legal reasons. Plus he definitely couldn't have paid back his debt to AMCON. If AMCON sold the company to uba, the process would have been a fraudulent one because I can't even remember AMCON announcing any bids for the sale of capital oil in the media.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by bloodykiller: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
berem:
What else if not for 2015 election? Isn't it obvious?

Jonathan is corruption personified. Simple!!

buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by omenka(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
datolee:

Here you go again with your selective blindness. Did you read the opening post or you just popped out shooting indiscriminately

The Nigeria Police has arrested the Managing Director
of Capital Oil & Gas Industries Ltd , Mr Ifeanyi Uba ,
over the alleged involvement of his companies in the
fuel subsidy scam.
The oil magnate who arrived the
Unit in the company of his team of lawyers was
interrogated today by the Special Fraud Unit ,
Milverton Ikoyi.

His company was indicted by Mr Aigboje Aig-
Imoukhuede’s led 15-man Presidential Panel
constituted by President Goodluck Jonathan to re-
investigate the findings of the report of an earlier
investigation panel set up by the Ministry of Finance on
Fuel Subsidy payments valued at over N2 trillion.

How dare you try to dissociate what happened to the company from the subsidy ponzi scheme?? How dare you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
kasiem:
i agree that i'm useless according to ur definition but the op lacks integrity for claiming to be an igbo while he is not just to carry out his dubious activities so this brought a wonderful platform for for his mischief to be blown up.
am soorrry for being harsh, i will erase it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

On Atiku Abubakar's Fresh Posters In FCT (Photos) / Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter / How Yusuf Buhari Lived His Life In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.