Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? (59867 Views)

My Cousin Is Tempting Me , What Do I Do ? / My Cousin Is Crazy / Please, What Are The Signs That Your Cousin(female) Is In Love With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Its either you cant read or you aree a liar. ..read that chapter again.
U're a big fool,spewing such trash 4rm ur mouth.Did I quote u?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Freshtomato(f): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tufiakwa! Aru! angry
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Kirinwa: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Well I have taken my cousin out and we went to an eatery. That was it. Did I date my cousin? undecided

Truth is people mistake dating with sleeping together.
You can catch real fun with your cousin without sleeping together.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Youngzedd:

Which verse?
Leviticus 18,the whole chapter.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
samflexxy:
religion--there's no place in the bible which state that thu shall not have a relation with thu cousin

Societal--- I leave my life for me not for anybody

Incest! When Noahs daughters slept with their daddy what happened to them and offspring?

When, Amah was defiled what happened? Go back to the Bible friend.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by olorunsogo1: 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
You better don't invoke God's wrath and curse of the Land on yourself. It is an abomination! Don't joke with fire.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Tonylyte(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
chimerase2:
very useless and stupid
Kai imagine mak me cum de even tink of it chai abomination ma sista cus ma cousin is ma sista
Olodoism it won't be well with u I swear angry
Lol, my diick no go gree stand sef even if she naKked untop me. Damn! My cousins are like my brothers and sisters.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by ayomidegambari(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Omo dat 1 na cos o
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by asala1: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
I think it is allowed in the north. I know of a friend who married his FIRST cousin, and his mother was really the one who engineered him into marrying her brother's daughter. I think Sanusi Lamido married his cousin too.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by nagoma(m): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
We need to define what we are talking about.
What is meant by "dating". Can you please tell me what you mean exactly when you say "DATING"?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Mathematical(f): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
olorunsogo1:
You better don't invoke God's wrath and cause of the Land on yourself. It is an abomination! Don't joke with fire.

Guy wise up...
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
simpleseyi:
Leviticus 18:6–17

6 None of you shall approach any blood relative of his to uncover unclothedness; I am the Lord.
7 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father, that is, the unclothedness of your mother. She is your mother; you are not to uncover her unclothedness.
8 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s wife; it is your father’s unclothedness.
9 The unclothedness of your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether born at home or born outside, their unclothedness you shall not uncover.
10 The unclothedness of your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, their unclothedness you shall not uncover; for their unclothedness is yours.
11 The unclothedness of your father’s wife’s daughter, born to your father, she is your sister, you shall not uncover her unclothedness.
12 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s sister; she is your father’s blood relative.
13 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your mother’s sister, for she is your mother’s blood relative.
14 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s brother; you shall not approach his wife, she is your aunt.
15 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son’s wife, you shall not uncover her unclothedness.
16 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your brother’s wife; it is your brother’s unclothedness.
17 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of a woman and of her daughter, nor shall you take her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, to uncover her unclothedness; they are blood relatives. It is lewdness.

So,why did jacob marry from his relatives ?
And that's not how it was written in the bible....smh

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tonylyte:

Lol, my diick no go gree stand sef even if she naked untop me. Damn! My cousins are like my brothers and sisters.

Don't try that O! Muscles and your Private Part is not educated O.

6 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by hardbody: 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
There is this raging arguement in my area as to if one could date/marry his/her cousin. Some stood frankly against it while others saw no crack in it. Apart, what is the measure of closeness where one could restrict dating? Is cousin-dating ethical?

Are u chatting from China? That is one of the few places i am aware such practise exists. Generally filial relationships are anathema and a taboo. It is also morally unsupported. That explains why enquiries are made as to the origin of both couples before the knot is tied.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Missmossy(f): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
It doesn't sound pleasant one bit,its more of a babaric act.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
enkay4love:
U're a big fool,spewing such trash 4rm ur mouth.Did I quote u?

Doesn't change the fact that you are ignorant and unexposed.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by kendrick93(m): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
it isn't ryt to date ur cousin because he/she is ur sister... but honestly i dnt see why all dis God talk.. there is no need for all dat.. nigerians too dey over-religious.. smh

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by fireforfire: 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
#INCEST#
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Youngzedd(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
enkay4love:
Leviticus 18,the whole chapter.

Leviticus 18 New International Version (NIV)

Unlawful Sexual Relations
18 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.
6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.
8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.
9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.
10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.
11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.
12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.
13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.
14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.
15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.
16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.
17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.
19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.
20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.
21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.
29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by chimerase2: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tonylyte:

Lol, my diick no go gree stand sef even if she naKked untop me. Damn! My cousins are like my brothers and sisters.
u knw y I dey vex I hv precious cousins who are now part of the family becos of de demise of their parents
So u see how can I now even imagine it
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Fulani's and some moslems marry their cousins so its not a big deal.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Tonylyte(m): 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
ProffT01:

Don't try that O! Muscles and your Private Part is not educated O.
How do u mean? U mean your cousin or sister can turn you on? Lol, do u know your mind set controls those muscles and your pvt parts? Can u nutur any mind set of sleeping with your sister or cousin?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by tintingz(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cousin marriage is a practice is some society and it is allowed is some religious beliefs.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by omokab: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Inbreeding is well allowed in islam and some other tribe I.e china but some tribe forbid it that's why yoruba muslin is not in support of it.The Hausa's were practing it therefore it is not a Taboo for them.If mistakinly it happens in yoruba land they wil name that child like ibidapo or Ibidunni I mean in the olden days.So,it depends on where you come from that matters.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Doesn't change the fact that you are ignorant and unexposed.
hehehehe, grin,ur preceding posts alone on this subject are a clear revelation of ur daftness & cluelessness on moral standards.Its very possible u're guilty of this abominable act.SMH 4 u.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by younglexx(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
There are billions of girls on earth and you want to go for a cousin? it's not naturalThere are billions of girls on earth and you want to go for a cousin? it's not naturalThere are billions of girls on earth and you want to go for a cousin? it's not natural
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by jantavanta(m): 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
Some Black rulers of Europe did it to preserve their royalty, and they became sterile.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by RFella(m): 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
This is Nigeria, and its unethical here....In other parts of the world, they simply don't care, for instance, I know Saddam Hussein married his cousin.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by BreezyRita(f): 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
No! No!! No!!!
Ethical?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Tonylyte(m): 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
chimerase2:
u knw y I dey vex I hv precious cousins who are now part of the family becos of de demise of their parents
So u see how can I now even imagine it
Lol, it unimaginable bro, if not for this thread...haba!
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
Back in the days of European monarchies, when they insisted on pure bloodlines, they inbred themselves.

Lots of genetic abnormalities. Royalty were often mad, crippled, deformed, etc. Kings were expected to have as many heirs as possible, because of high infant mortality. So when children died (usually of birth defects), the surviving ones could still inherit.

As science progressed, humans discovered that offspring produced from the mating of closely related individuals results in homozygosity, which increases the chances of offspring being affected by recessive or deleterious traits. This generally leads to a decreased biological fitness of a population.

And countries began to pass laws making incést illegal.

But of course, we don't believe in science in Nigeria. So just check your European Bible/Arabic Koran, OP.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

At Age 25, A Man Must Have An Apartment & 2 Cars - Lady Says And Was Blasted / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? / Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.