Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Youwin 4th Edition Is Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin 4th Edition Is Here (65178 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Youwin Updates / YouWin Second Round Candidates List For The 36 States And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 5:43am On Nov 15, 2014
Submission of Youwin 4 Application will commence Monday 17th, Nov 2014. Register and Submit ur application @ www.youwin.org.ng

Pls note: youwin is real and totally transparent as you don't need to knw anybody to win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2014
WHAT IS YOUWIN!?

The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (You WiN!) Programme is a collaboration of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Communication Technology (CT), the Ministry of Youth Development and the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development that will launch an annual Business Plan Competition (BPC) for aspiring young entrepreneurs in Nigeria, in line with the Federal Government’s drive to create more jobs for Nigerians. The programme will be implemented in partnership with Nigeria’s private sector, who will be requested to provide funding support.

GOAL OF THE PROGRAMME

The main objective of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) Programme is to generate jobs by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas that will lead to job creation. The programme will provide aspiring youth with a platform to show case their business acumen, skills and aspirations to business leaders, investors and mentors in Nigeria.

SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:

Attract ideas and innovations from young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria;
Provide a one time Equity grant for 1,200 selected aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks;
Generate 80,000 to 110,000 new jobs for currently unemployed Nigerian youth over the three years during which the three cycles will be implemented;
Provide business training for up to 6,000 aspiring youth entrepreneurs spread across all geo-political zones in Nigeria;
Encourage expansion, specialization and spin-offs of existing businesses in Nigeria; and,
Enable young entrepreneurs to access a wide business professional network and improve their visibility.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 8:50am On Nov 15, 2014
The third edition, YouWiN! 3 support both male and female entrepreneurs in Nigeria, recently announced the 1500 awardees. With the upcoming launch of YouWiN! 4, the President of Nigeria will have fulfilled his promise to financially support over 3,600 Nigerian youths to develop their entrepreneurial ideals and plans through the YouWiN! program. YouWiN! 4 is open to both male and female entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 - 45 years.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 8:52am On Nov 15, 2014
STEP 1 – CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY

Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” below.

STEP 2 – REGISTER

Register here.

You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in.

If you have any trouble registering please read our tips and troubleshooting advice, and if you still have problems after following this advice, please contact us.

STEP 3 – COMPLETE NEW BUSINESS APPLICATION

Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side. You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it to us. You can submit only ONE application.

STEP 4 – KEEP INFORMED

After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition. You can join the discussion on Facebook, Linkedln and Twitter. We will also post regular updates on the YouWiN! homepage.

WHO CAN APPLY?

To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria

You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
You must have a post-secondary school qualification
Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
You must prepare an innovative business concept summary
You must choose to participate in one award pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of geo-political zone as identified by market in which you want to do business.

1 Like

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 8:55am On Nov 15, 2014
For once that I know of, the NG is serious with dis program. I won the 3rd edition without knowing anybody in th villa.
Get ur ideas tested and spread the information.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by 40dogzz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
I know my friends who won is real. pls what will make u have egde over other others, for them to choose u?
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
40dogzz:
I know my friends who won is real. pls what will make u have egde over other others, for them to choose u?

It has several Stages of Application. Stage 1 is like a concept paper of ur biz idea.
To scale tru, u've to demonstrate ur biz idea is need driven n will most importantly employ at least 10 persons.
As graduate of far back, u've to also showcase wat u've been doing since graduation as a means of generating fund for ur propose biz idea.

Once you are selected on merit, u'll be expose to a week training. Then u'll have one month to submit ur biz plan.

Just apply to be selected first, will be pls to assist with my suggestion or advice. Pls don't forget God factor

3 Likes

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kfrosh: 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Off I go...........iyalayaa anybody wey wan block my way this time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by boogie2: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2014
This is one opportunity to benefit from GEJ. Please leave politics out of it and grab this opportunity. My plan is ready and waiting. Thanks guys for the info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
The page is officially open!!! Now you can register and apply!
Goodluck to you all.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by 40dogzz(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
Pls when is the clossing date?
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
Don't knw now but could last till next year Jan 2015 base on past expo
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by drizzydrag(m): 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
"You must choose to participate in one award
pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of
geo-political zone as identified by market in
which you want to do business"

I dont understand dat statement. Can u pls help me elucidate ant dat word "Pool"?
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by trendphemmy(m): 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
I registered but saw dis
YouWiN! 4 Business Plan Competition is not currently open.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
trendphemmy:
I registered but saw dis
YouWiN! 4 Business Plan Competition is not currently open.
check again. Its now open for application.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
drizzydrag:
"You must choose to participate in one award
pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of
geo-political zone as identified by market in
which you want to do business"

I dont understand dat statement. Can u pls help me elucidate ant dat word "Pool"?

Will find out n get to you rather than give u wrong info pls. Yes you can register now but kindly wait till morrow to access the application page properly. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 18, 2014
This is good news. Hope to inform my pals ASAP. Thanks
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by openmine(m): 7:37am On Nov 18, 2014
the work starts now....
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by 40dogzz(m): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2014
I have passion in agro biz, pls i heard that it has upper hand in youwin than other biz. Cassava processing, rice mill & palm oil processing, which 1 is realy cool to go into? & the state to locate it.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by abolem369(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2014
Brand new Android Tablet Pc 7“ for sale @25k flat
07063094026, 08024415230
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by awezu: 8:45am On Nov 18, 2014
The 6 geoploitical pools means the 6 geoplolitical zones in Nigeria.

you can only apply in one geopolitical region and not combine 2 or more . eg if ure in Lagos and your business is to operate or operational in Lagos, you can only apply in Lagos which is south west , you cannot apply twice in Lagos south west and Imo which is south east. pls see the 6 geopolitical zones below for emphasis

SOUTH EAST- 5 States=(Abia, Anambra, Eboyi, Enugu, Imo).
SOUTH SOUTH- 6 States=(Akwa-ibom, bayelsa, cross river, delta, edo, rivers).
SOUTH WEST- 6 States=(Ekiti, lagos, ogun, ondo, osun, oyo).
NORTH EAST- 6 States=(Adamawa, bauchi, boron, gombe, taraba, yobe).
NORTH WEST- 7 States=(Jigawa, kaduna, kano, katsina, kebbi, sokoto, zamfara).
NORTH CENTRAL- 6 States=(Benue, kogi, kwara, nassarawa, niger, plateau).

1 Like

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2014
[size=16pt]please before YouWin! 4 you people should kindly help me win this Entrepreneur of the month and the grant money, popularity and investors to bootstrap my business by voting for me on this http://thesparkng.com/timothy-chukwunwogor-social-media-pundittechnopreneur/#comment-2421.
please i pray thee thanks[/size]
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2014
loving the grant initiative
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 18, 2014
just hope to win.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2014
The application form is open now!!!

Here is a format:
Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria
My Account Change Password Logout
Business Application
Description
Describe your business

Words used: 0/20
Select your industry-sector
Select an Option

Animal farming
Crop farming
Food & Restaurant
Building and Construction materials
Chemicals, industrial materials
Clothing, shoes and other personal items
Equipment, Machinery, Metal
Food and Drinks
Furniture, Wood Products
Others
Other (Specify)
Retail
Accounting, Finance and Management
Auto, electronics, others
Cleaning
Education
Engineering, Building and Construction
IT and Telecommunication
Legal
Media and Entertainment
Medical
Other Professional
Personal/Beauty
Transport
Other sector

Marketing
What benefits of the product or service enables your business to stand out from your competitors?

Words used: 0/50
Does this meet a particular need or demand (your competitive advantages, if any)?

Name five of your existing or expected top customers, How will you attract these customers to your point of sale?

Management
How many new, full-time (or equivalent) staff will be employed in the business 12 months from receiving the first stage award?

Describe the benefit you and your proposed staff will bring to the business, including: expertise, track record in the Industry and management experience

Product
Name your three largest existing/expected competitors. Which, if any, have a localised presence or distributor network?

Describe the materials you will need to create your product or service. Are these materials readily available, at the right price and quantity, in your locality? If yes, please describe any relevant information

Is there an existing or expected lead time for manufacture, set-up, harvest or breeding? If yes, give estimated lead times for each product?

What risks or challenges might affect the success of your business, including: licences and accreditations (what can stop you from making this business a success)? How will you reduce or mitigate these risks?

Profitability
What are your current and expected sales within the next 12 months (units and income) ? If there is any seasonality, please explain.

What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability?
Amount in Naira, enter numbers only; if none, enter: 0
When do you expect to achieve this (how many months after receiving your first grant award)?

YouWiN Award
How much money (Naira) do you want from YouWiN? (₦10m maximum)
Break this figure down into relevant categories. Note: a maximum 40% of the total award is usually allotted to Capital equipment, as the remainder of the award must be sufficient to fund operational expenses of a growing business.
Capital equipment (e.g. machinery, land, building)
Operating expenses (e.g. wages, raw materials, stock)
Other (e.g. pre-start. set-up costs, accreditation)
Financial
What is the minimum equipment cost that is necessary to commence trading or expand your business.
Describe this equipment

Words used: 0/30
How much money have you already spent on Capital equipment?
How much money do you require or expect to need from other sources (i.e.: investors, bank loans, etc)
State the progress of any loan application

Describe any existing finance loans related to the business

How much money will you or your family and friends contribute to the business in the next 12 months.
How much money do you plan to take out of the business personally (average amount per month)?
Additional Information
Please add any additional information / comments that you feel maybe relevant and useful with this application

Words used: 0/100
I hereby declare that all information provided in this application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I should be disqualified if any of the information provided is found to be false

#GoodluckToAll

2 Likes

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2014
Wow. Great stuff.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Adulphus(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2014
daddyfowl:
For once that I know of, the NG is serious with dis program. I won the 3rd edition without knowing anybody in th villa.
Get ur ideas tested and spread the information.
[size=18pt]AM A WITNESS[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Xtah: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
can i apply using my techno m3
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Belexy(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
Fingers crossed...
#Pple dat av won shd plz share relevant tips here.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by daddyfowl(m): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
The application page will expire after every5mins. So try abd save ur input after every 4mins pls or u migth click on submit lose everytin.
Yea, last year I did wit my fone.

Its a long term application so take ur time n consult pple but pls dnt forget God factor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kaykash007(m): 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
@daddyfowl....really appreciate ur effort bro...pls can I hv ur email add or fone number for private talk. tanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van / Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? / Meet Anambra Billionaire Construction Czar,ken Ifekudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.