Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? (18366 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by tintingz(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
why not...na the hate go make me love the person. grin
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by StealthyMe(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
Its very possible!
There are situations whereby you have heard lots of negatives concerning a person whom you begin to detest...
Further interaction shows the person as opposite as has been told.
Happens!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by symbian03(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
TheSonOfMark:
It has happened to me on several occasions.
My current girlfriend and I met via Facebook. She added me up after reading several of my many controversial statuses and comments on my School's Facebook page. We started interacting and after a while we got talking on the phone. We eventually met in person.
She told me later on that she fell for me because of my intriguing nature, amongst other attributes.

Nowadays when she reads any of my controversial updates , she just calls to say," Hi baby. I saw your alter ego on line..." and we just laugh it off.
She admitted she used to hate with a passion, good thing is she was the first to admit the love we now share...and I LOVE her like my life depends on it too.

This is the story of your life and you write it everyday I hope it isn't black & white...... to be continued tongue
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by UjSizzle(f): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
princefunmi:

Same way as you can't suddenly love someone that once irritated you.
You do know i mean irritation as "getting on your nerve" right? Not the feeling of dread you get when someone comes along.

And we know a number of things could make someone get on your nerve.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Dota1: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yes
I do that again and again
Infact dat was how I felt wen I first saw my Hubby(thou he felt the opposite 'LOVE' for me)
I dislike him at first sight because I saw him too big to b a bachelor(he was about 25) then I was a teenage girl of about 15, I was thinking to myself y will such a big man still b single worst still understanding and jovial to evry one including myself
But with time I jus develop this feeling of Love for Him that I cannot control after 7yrs we tie d knot
Today am the most luckiest woman on earth to have this sweet,Loving,caring,Charming and most understanding man as my Hubby
Even my very bosom friend Juliet d same feeling of dislike I v for her at first sight cos she always v this skin hair cut(kodo/kwashambolo) with ringworm and dandruff all over her head but today she is my most Treasured friend
D list goes on and on
Sometimes d people I love at first sight bcomes my greatest enemy and n eyesore to me with time
I dunno why it is like this
Should I say I was made this way?
All am saying is dat it is very possible n most times those we hate at d onset bcome d best of Our friends
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by BreezyRita(f): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yes, yes. Its very possible.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
UjSizzle:

You do know i mean irritation as "getting on your nerve" right? Not the feeling of dread you get when someone comes along.

And we know a number of things could make someone get on your nerve.

Liiiiiiike!!!

A guy who gets on your nerves doesn't just end up in your heart too you know.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Odunharry(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
AfricanApple:
there's only a thin line btw love and hate. I can do dat.

infact na dat kain love dey sweet pass cheesy
i dy tell u
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Odunharry(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
TheSonOfMark:
It has happened to me on several occasions.
My current girlfriend and I met via Facebook. She added me up after reading several of my many controversial statuses and comments on my School's Facebook page. We started interacting and after a while we got talking on the phone. We eventually met in person.
She told me later on that she fell for me because of my intriguing nature, amongst other attributes.

Nowadays when she reads any of my controversial updates , she just calls to say," Hi baby. I saw your alter ego on line..." and we just laugh it off.
She admitted she used to hate with a passion, good thing is she was the first to admit the love we now share...and I LOVE her like my life depends on it too.
dnt brk her heart o...love her d same way she does
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by steppin: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
@op,
Yes. Sometimes we hate people even without knowing them pretty well.
I once worked with a woman who confessed that she hated me more than anything. She said I was unruly, snobbish and arrogant.
But when she got to know me, she liked me more than anything. She told me if she wasn't married, she would have dated me.
There's a thin line btw love and hate. A single event can turned one into the other.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Besea(f): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
It happens.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nuzo1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
Lordabas:

Whether you like it or not hate is a form of passion. In love there is obviously passion. In hate you are obsessed with how much you dislike them. In love you are obsessed with how much you like them.
There you go love & hate are practically the same thing.

I disagree.

The processes are pretty the same but the actual passions are very different.

That being said, people who suddenly turn around to love someone they claimed to hate...never really hated them in the first place or never had the opportunity to see those traits that help develop love for whoever is concerned.

As soon as they see those traits, they fall in love with the so-called hated one. And that's when the popular saying comes up: there's a thin line between love and hate.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by rigarmortis: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
FFK hated GEJ, now he loves him like hell.

I hated super eagles after their third match, in fact i would have shot keshi in the head, but now i love them passionately..

I hated my father when i was 7 yrs old and he refused to buy me a birthday gift, but alas he was testing me, he smiled and handed me a brick game, and i loved him back immediately.

I hated Titi so much when i spent so much time chasing her and she was forming, i stopped calling her and one day she called and said................and i loved her.

I secretly hated her again 1 month later, after i spent so much money and she refused to give it up, but after one evening outing, i didnt know she was waiting for me to make a move, .....now i know you will think that i did this on purpose but i swear i was trying to kill a mosquito perched on her nippples, why should it suck what i paid for and not sucking, man dey work anopheles dey chop?
I just slapped the insect agains her soft bosom and due to the pain and swelling i had to cool it with my mouth because i just finished licking ice cream, she didnt resist, and again i LOVED her in more ways than one.

its very possible.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by abiodun526(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
i love someone who hates me, i just hope that when i start hating her, she wil not start loving me back in return.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by ilori1930(m): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Zeemoor:

You have a bible, yes?

Go through the book of 2nd corinthians
smiley
I can't find my bible. Can you tell me what is written there?
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by UjSizzle(f): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
princefunmi:

Liiiiiiike!!!

A guy who gets on your nerves doesn't just end up in your heart too you know.
Well he did.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by kenrish2(m): 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
for babes some might hate u becos u don't have money but immediately the money come the hate automatically turns to love

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by GraceInUSA: 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
op, are you a learner? Na that kin love dey sweet pass because when you reminsce on it, you just laugh over it.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Trendy4gud(f): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
YES!!! I've had two personal experiences after a tense arguement/discussion and I remained resolute. Later they were attracted by my unintimidable nature and strong views.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by oluwasegun007(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
He dey happen but no be for ma area..
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Christmasdon(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
Are girl told me that , and a guy their said who? You mean Christmas!? Oh! That means your life is finished. Now! the girl now Loves me more than what i do not know. Any time she sees me. Eh Christmas'! Christmas'!Christmas! She can't even allow me gain rest. Huh!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Dotwillis1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
If hatin some1 u started out luvin is possible..den y nt?
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Truckpusher(m): 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
Zeemoor:
What do you know about love? tongue
You've been MIA for so long,what happened? cheesy
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by justmag(m): 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
BARELY !!!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
ilori1930:
I can't find my bible. Can you tell me what is written there?
Get yourself a new one
Don't be a lazy bum
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
Truckpusher:
You've been MIA for so long,what happened? cheesy
Excuse me, do I know you?
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Truckpusher(m): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
Zeemoor:

Excuse me, do I know you?
C'mon!

Even if I don't recognize anything about you ,I still have a fresh memory of that OBJ's look alike nose of yours grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by iceberylin(m): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
killercute16:
you this guy eh.
Warin ah do sad
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by millionboi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
Lol.....vry funny bt real,I jst xprience it recently
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Odunharry:

dnt brk her heart o...love her d same way she does

symbian03:

This is the story of your life and you write it everyday I hope it isn't black & white...... to be continued tongue

I
She's my kind so I'll try to keep her in mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Like My Boss Does He Like Me? / How To Save A Dying Relationship / How Long Should You Wait After Ending A Relationship To Date Someone Else?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.