Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? (18387 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by coolvitus(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yes I can
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Rapsainot(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Reading
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Mrfils(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yeah! It happens all the time in Indian films cheesy
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Blaqsmith(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
What kinda question is that?

Very antithetical!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by will1am: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Oh Yes..You can fall in love with someone you have hated.Whether you like it or not hate is a form of passion.In love there is also obviously passion. In hate you are obsessed with how much you dislike them. In love you are obsessed with how much you like them. There you go love and hate are practically the same thing.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by justi4jesu(f): 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Cutehector:
na typo joor...

Disadvantages of space booking tongue
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Rapsainot(m): 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
iceberylin:
Yea...Girls only say "I HATE YOU" to the guys they LOVE wink
CASED CLOSED

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by holatin(m): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
change constant to the extent change itself dey change.
if change dey change then who are you and ur feeling.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Vivipop(f): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yes, It is very possible.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by kamez(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
OP its very possible...

Sometimes we judge people from afar without getting to know them first.. But somewhere along the line we soon find out that we were wrong when we finally get closer..

I'm a living witness..
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by tuffgongjo(m): 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
The card(s) that life dish out sometimes is Mysterious,so never say never.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by redcliff: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
Cholls:
my sister have seen u before is it really u cool

pathetic
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
na dah one they strong pass. And Dah one wey two of una meet for dangerous situation.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ofcourse, its very much possible..
speaking from experience tho tongue
I never hated him tho, just didnt know why I disliked him back then..
Left for me, i cannot date a person i knw within masef i dislike from d start... I must have serious feelings of likeness 4 d person first 4 it to b developed to love bt if d reverse is d case, d person go grow old expecting i will love him..

I'm nt a kind of person who wastes peoples time in building a relationship, ma yea is ma yea,ma nay is ma nay...
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Cholls(m): 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
redcliff:

pathetic
my brother handcuff tongue
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Lordabas:

Whether you like it or not hate is a form of passion. In love there is obviously passion. In hate you are obsessed with how much you dislike them. In love you are obsessed with how much you like them.
There you go love & hate are practically the same thing.
Then I guess it's safe to say Al Qaeda, ISIL and Boko Haram love you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
There is always a hidden force of attraction when you hate a particular opposite sex for no reason. Hmmmm OP the word HATE is a very strong word to use, especially on a fellow human being. As for me the only force of attraction dat can pull me to a gal are:
1. Outside Beauty
2. Having Humility
3. Having Respect
4.Having Positive Attitude

NOTE: if you lack number 2, 3 & 3 and you have number one in abundant more than even Miss Universe, You are as ugly as a Chimpanzee and as stup1d as a Donkey tongue

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by owcheychey(f): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
Very possible. Has happend to me
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by smudge2079(m): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
There is a thin line between luv & hate. 100%
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by shalommeri(f): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
u cn end up hatin d one u lov
nd cn end up lovin d one u hate..depends on how u c dat persn
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by killercute16(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
iceberylin:

Lol...this ur spelling ehhh grin
you this guy eh.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by holums(m): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yes it has happened around the world............U can love d person U hate so much.......time and circumstance might make U to like d person back U hated at d initial stage e.g he or she can do something significant to U that might turn ur life around for good which has eluded U for a long period of time so in turn he or she will like U for good.........even enemies do become friends by resolving their differences!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by benuejosh: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
striktlymi:
I have heard tales of married couples who met each other under very tensed situations which resulted in them starting out as 'sworn enemies'; but eventually their hostility became the platform on which their love for each other blossomed.

Is this the same for you?
hahaha.. reminds me of my present relationship. that is how it started. although till date we are still building it up. so many ups and down as normal with relationships but we are trusting God we will get settle someday. met the lady in 2011 back then in school. she use to form one thing i didnt understand, the first time i greeted her from a sincere heart of mine with no strings attached she was with her, her reply to her friend was "who be this one again" ahhh, na where sand pour inside garri be dat. who is this fool that i greeted and she gave me that kind of attitude. money i get, fine i fine, age i no be her mate, na politicalise level of the educational sector na im make i der here with you o i vexed. i bin hate the girl. as God works in ways which we men cant understand and explain, my best friend started dating that her friend without him knowing i had such an issue with his girlfriend friend before if he knew he wouldnt try it and me too i didnt knw so early when i knew i wanted them to get deeep before i told him, now the girl came closer again coz they were best friends too, each time we saw ourself we quarrel, i must insult her and make her feel less important and bad. that one i know how to do to ladies. there was a day i mistakenly passed and touched her and she was like for goodness sake why am i putting dirt on her without hesitating i told her the trouser she was putting on, she had worn it for three days now and i made it sound in such a way that people heard and it wasnt a funny moment for her. bla bla bla bla.. but finally we are together although we still fight(not blows or salps or picking up objects against each o. not that type of fight) but it is for a just cause and reasonable cause. in the sense that, she think say she wise and Me BenueJosh no d agree, that am ten times wiser than her, so thats were we d get problem atimes, mosttimes i just play the fool and let her have her way and her will be done. but when i show am wiser than her that it wont happen that way, she will cut communication for weeks maybe two after her head calm down she will start by which kind of sweetheart are you, God is watching you o, i will say ok am sorry then we continue again. she is beautiful when i say beutiful i mean it and she knows every move before you start or finish it. very intelligent, like my best friend will say, i pray make God keep us make i come see the kind children una go come born should incase we both get married finally, coz madam der intelligent and wise oga na im wise and intelligent pass, both of us come be Economists. but we love ourself plenty no more hate. so many atimes thatz how it happens it may starts with quarrel hating and fight but at the end itz a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Hero10001: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Back in the old school days, My sweet ex-gf confessed; she had thought i was a piece of s.hit and that she hated me with passion since 100level before we started dating at 300L.
Later on..
..she come loved me die!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by hayoakins(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
You never hated the person, you were just sentimentally beclouded perhaps because the person was a snub.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by hayoakins(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
You never hated the person, you were just sentimentally beclouded perhaps because the person was a snub.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Rhozabeth(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Haaaa! Absolutetely, this is possible. I once had a girlfriend back in school who hated my guts b4 we became friends and eventually dated!
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by UjSizzle(f): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
I don't know about "hate" but it is possible to love someone who used to be a cause of irritation.
At least that's what I've felt.

But if we talk about hate? No I don't think it's possible to love them. Hate is such a deep emotion, just as bad as love is. I don't believe you can just suddenly start to love them, just like you can't suddenly hate someone you once loved (unless of course the emotion was never real in the first place).
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
striktlymi:
I have heard tales of married couples who met each other under very tensed situations which resulted in them starting out as 'sworn enemies'; but eventually their hostility became the platform on which their love for each other blossomed.

I am one who finds it extremely difficult to start a relationship with someone I started out disliking, let alone fall in love with the person. I may not hate the person and eventually we may become friends but going past friendship is always a no no for me.

Is this the same for you?

Oh boy! Na that kain love sure pass.

Because you actually have a reason for loving.
Re: Do You Think You Can Love Someone You Started Out Hating? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
UjSizzle:
I don't know about "hate" but it is possible to love someone who used to be a cause of irritation.
At least that's what I've felt.

But if we talk about hate? No I don't think it's possible to love them. Hate is such a deep emotion, just as bad as love is. I don't believe you can just suddenly start to love them, just like you can't suddenly hate someone you once loved (unless of course the emotion was never real in the first place).

Same way as you can't suddenly love someone that once irritated you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"If You Want Peace, Let Him Be" - Lady To Insecure Women Who Keep Tabs On Men / How Long Should You Wait After Ending A Relationship To Date Someone Else? / Things Girls Check When She Receives A Friend Request From A Guy On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.