Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo (43915 Views)

Dino Melaye Grades Jonathan's Performance On His Customized T.Shirt (Photo) / Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo / 61% Of Nigerians Approve Pres Jonathan’s Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 100Cents: 11:01am On Nov 22, 2014
Collynzo9:

Obasanjo didn't build any of the NIPP, he kept signining and signing contracts embezelling the money for 8 years with absoulutely nothing to show for it until GEJ came and completed them from a level of not more than 20%. Obasanjo didn't introduce any telecom company or banks, the telecom companies came on their own because the time was right, it was a revoultion that swept every country in the world at that time, even Benin rep. had them before us. It is like saying Abacha introduced Pay TV companies like DSTV or that GEJ introduced online sales companies like Jumia, Konga, OLX etc. Pure nonsense.
How did Obasanjo squash the uprising of Niger delta militants who were using our Navy and Army for practice then? He even admitted allowing boko haram to have their sharia so that they wouldn't disturb his government.

Okay...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by ikeduru2002: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2014
OBJ had never do something good without his benefit , GEJ is far better than him, during OBJ time there is no law in Nigeria if he hate you either he remove you or pursue you wt EFCC

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 11:02am On Nov 22, 2014
etim20:
Owing to the fact that the electricity bill has increase drastically with little or nothing to show for it plus heavy money that was invested in it not to talk of empty promises that has been in place in the power sector under this administration is it what we call achievement?
let me breakdown the issue of power quickly . We have generation ,distribution and transmission. The problem with the power sector has to do with lack of private involvement and to do that u need to deregulate the power sector and unbundling it. Obj should have done this when he was in power for 8years. But gej has been able to kickstart the privatisation process in the power sector,I am sure some areas in nigeria will have their own distribution companies by now.if obj had done this then,gej or any incoming govt would have found it easier to continue. But right now the process is just starting. There are complex analysis about it,maybe someone can explain it better.But if obj had laid a solid foundation ,nigeria would not have some of the problems they are facing now.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2014
onatisi:
yes creation of new ones does and did solve the problem.
please argue concretely ... It does NOT... ASUU is there to battle next year.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by ikeduru2002: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2014
OBJ had never do something good without his benefit , GEJ is far better than him, during OBJ time there is no law in Nigeria if he hates you or either he remove you or pursue you wt EFCC
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 2drajayi(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2014
I thought it was just an opinion? Why is the Federal Government always quick to do rebuttal on individual opinions? The way the President's handlers handle criticism against the federal Government leaves more to be desired.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 100Cents: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2014
Billyonaire:

So, did you travel by better rail system during OBJ's tenure, so we can evaluate GEJ's rail system by OBJ's and equate it as average ? When you speak, your mind is on parade. My posts emphasizes on the yardstick by which GEJ's 4yrs is measured by. Even if we were to use OBJ's 8yrs as an overall barometer against GEJ's 4yrs, OBJ's tenure will come short.

I fly almost weekly locally and at least twice a year annually, but how does that even matter here, OBJ asserted that GEJ's performance is average, and I ask against, based on which paradigm ? Which yardstick ? Who did better ?

The aged are not always more intelligent, so when OBJ is making statements, he should understand that his word is not law, because he is not even more intelligent than some 10yrs old in China, America and even some kids in Nigeria.

Haha.

What a blow ?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Collynzo9: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You're a lier. The NIPP is the brainchild of Obasanjo. I was in Ota on 27/05/2007 when the chopper carrying Obasanjo flew across my roof to Papalanto, Ifo to commission the Olorunsogo power plant in Ogun State.
On telecommunication, would MTN and the rest have come without Obasanjo's approval?
Johnson stop quoting me if you have nothing sensible to say.
What is the point of having a brain child if all you could do is embezzle the money meant to implement it?
What is the big deal in signing a contract with telecoms company? Did he install any mast, PABX or any infrastructure whatsoever for them? Should we be licking Abacha's rotten arsè for ''allowing'' DSTV to come to Nigeria or should we be listing the presence of Jumia, Konga and OlX as part of GEJ's achievements?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Smooyis(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2014
As an elder stateman, i do not expect Obj to talk like this to the press. There are other ways and avenues of making such points without heating up the system. Though one cannot trust our journalists so much. He also like Kastina Governor might have been quoted out of context. Lol
Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2014
Rexyl:

yeah truth must be told ... if not the the security challenges tearing Jonathan administration apart. He still perforned better than Obj Atiku, in terms of infrastructural development, wealth creation, youth empowerment and many things.

some sincere analysts can prove me right or wrong
why didn't Obj use militancy as an excuse for his shortcomings. This pity seeking mentality in place of incompetence is what I hate about majority of us.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by olarkaycee(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2014
If Gej performance is below average it means Obj performed below failure

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 11:11am On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
please argue concretely ... It does NOT... ASUU is there to battle next year.
honestly,I don't feel like arguing but I will just drop an hint and go to bed. Why will ASUU go on strike during an election period? Which means when elections are ongoing,ASUU will be on strike and students will be at home! Do the analysis . I won't say more than that.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by nairawall: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2014
He recalled that when Obasanjo was leaving office, the total power generation capacity in the country was about 2,600MW, claiming that the present administration had been able to raise the figure to about 4,000MW.

GEJ promised Nigerians world standard electricity that will lighten Nigerian 24/7 but after 6yrs of rule he added just 1,400MW really shows he is very well below average.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2014
Collynzo9:

Johnson stop quoting me if you have nothing sensible to say.
What is the point of having a brain child if all you could do is embezzle the money meant to implement it?
What is the big deal in signing a contract with telecoms company? Did he install any mast, PABX or any infrastructure whatsoever for them? Should we be licking Abacha's rotten arsè for ''allowing'' DSTV to come to Nigeria or should we be listing the presence of Jumia, Konga and OlX as part of GEJ's achievements?
I don't give the telecommunications credence to OBJ but DSTV and the telecommunication industry are two far apart different technologies with the telecommunication being of vital use to majority. Signing a deal ain't easy as you saying tho.... Why hasn't Jonathan signed documents on our refineries.... Why is the PIB being delayed. Baba could as well delayed the telecommunication companies.the konga you are saying are business that do not need the presidents approval in any way.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Davvymavvy(f): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2014
Elan83:
lyk ur ancestors

Failure is an integral part of your existence
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by mrofficial(m): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2014
decision01:
how old are you?

What are you going to do with my age?
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2014
onatisi:
honestly,I don't feel like arguing but I will just drop an hint and go to bed. Why will ASUU go on strike during an election period? Which means when elections are ongoing,ASUU will be on strike and students will be at home! Do the analysis . I won't say more than that.
what analysis... My point is not whether it is during the election or after the elections. My point is the shit in our educational sector which is the backbone of any nation has not be taken care of rather it is being added upon in the name of new universities. You building blocks in the name of universities. Leave Nigeria and visit foreign universities , you will know what a university is. What we have in nigeria as universities are High schools.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by kingthreat(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2014
Collynzo9:

Was there militancy during GEJ's period?
Was the free elections at any level during OBJ's period?

Yes there was lot of militancy during OBJ's period. Thats when we heard about OPC, Massob, Bakassi Boys, MeND, Asari Dokubo, etc. But all were carefully dealt with.

Which free and fair elections has been there during GEJ's time? His election to office, where almajiri boys voted en masse for who they don't know?
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Deapexboy(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2014
If to say Atiku no dey APC, baba for don officialy port go APC since 19BC
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 22, 2014
D fans of gej are so blindfolded and brainwashed like d doomsday antagonists. Even a toddler WI rank gej as the worst president in d hx of Nigeria. For the record Abacha was a saint when compared WV gej. A clueless president DT alwys wage war against d oppositions. Gej.ur time at aso rock is up....d jail is awaiting u
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2014
nairawall:

GEJ promised Nigerians world standard electricity that will lighten Nigerian 24/7 but after 6yrs of rule he added just 1,400MW really shows he is very well below average.
when obj was handed power in 1999 ,at the swearing in ceremony obj promised that within 12 months he will turn the power situation around and that nigerians will be enjoying stable power supply. I was there and I heard it with my own ears. Was he able to do it 8years after?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
oh , you are slow to comprehend , who is comparing nigeria to Europe .... I made use of Europe so you can have an idea of the rail projects in the different countries in Europe... They have the best rail projects GEJ can Wish for in the world. I doubt If you have left the borders of naija before with that statement. The yardstick for measuring Jonathan's success is by how many have been truly blessed by maximizing the resources he met on ground not by achievement of past leaders. How are you rated at your place of work . Are you compared to the previous position holder or by what you have done with the resources available to you. Answer that yourself bro.

I have little time with people who can not manage their emotion. In your attempt to flaw my near-perfect debate prowess, you spilled your beans and let kids walk on it. Stay within the limits of this thread and be nice. I am not here to hurt you. It doesnt matter if you believe I have traveled to Europe so pocket your insults and focus on the discourse.

OBJ stated that GEJ performance is below average; And my question is: Below average of whose performance ? OBJ supervised over failing airports, failed electricity sector, he massacred entire Odi, Zaki Biam (correct the spellings, if wrong), and it was wholesale hunting of political opponents using EFCC and ICPC; OBJ left nothing to be desired in the Educational sector, he fleeced Lagos state allocation for 2yrs because he hated Tinubu's guts. OBJ engineered corruption in allocation of oil wells, and presently he owns Sahara Oil worth 20 billion dollars and run by a proxy who used to sell pants and brazziers in London (I know this cos he is a friend), OBJ enthroned an Era of God-Fatherism.

This is someone who was freed from prison and sworn into power, yet he did nothing for the common-man. I love OBJ as a person, but as a politician, he is the reason Nigeria is now where she is, because he never laid any foundation for meaningful progress. Ofcourse, that's why Ngozi resigned because OBJ never listens to anyone, but himself.

Let me end this, by quoting a popular saying from OBJ's first daughter, Iyabo Obasanjo `Baba, you dont own Nigeria'.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by harrysterol(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2014
In OBJ voice we r partner in crime just that am smarter

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2014
kingthreat:

Yes there was lot of militancy during OBJ's period. Thats when we heard about OPC, Massob, Bakassi Boys, MeND, Asari Dokubo, etc. But all were carefully dealt with.

Which free and fair elections has been there during GEJ's time? His election to office, where almajiri boys voted en masse for who they don't know?
it wasn't obj that ended the niger delta crisis ,it was yar adua that offered the ammesty programme which ended the crisis. Go and do ur research again .
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 100Cents: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2014
anonimi:
Please permit me to put your post in a MORE reader-friendly arrangement for many of our fellow citizens who may be too LAZY to fully grasp the real essence of your beautiful COMPARISON of the accuser and the accused's STEWARDSHIP to the people of this potentially great nation =>

In summary, while General Bully_Aminu of Ota and his Vice, Atiku were transforming their individual and personal POCKETS, the due of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Arc. Namadi Sambo have been TRANSFORMING the national infrastructure base and by so doing touching our LIVES magnificently.

One good term deserves ANOTHER.

PS: Feel free to share this post & message.

So true.

So succintly put.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Rexyl(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
why didn't Obj use militancy as an excuse for his shortcomings. This pity seeking mentality in place of incompetence is what I hate about majority of us.

you should have known there is a big difference between terrorism and militancy. the militancy has ever been regional why terrorism is global evil that needs special tactics to wipe out.

I think you are in Nigeria when certain people reacted to military approach against terrorism. Then they were of the view that war against terrorism was a deliberate attempt to decimate their population and sack their religion. Successfully battle over terrorism has been taking longer time because it was mingled with religion and politics. Terrorism will always be difficult to fight in a country where religion is not separated from politics, esp in a secular nation like Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Sant1m: 11:40am On Nov 22, 2014
Gej studied how to rule over animals, Obj is not far from the truth and only those who are comfortable with animal existence will be comfortable with him, for the rest of Nigerians who want something better change is in the air, we can smell it. This low life animal farm way of doing thing cannot suffice, George must ve been taking about Nigeria when he wrote his book ANIMAL FARM
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Jman06(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2014
OBJ should bury his face in shame and stop being envious of GEJ. We were all here during his 8 years of misrule. We witnessed how he connived with Elumelu, Imoke and co to loot the money meant for power sector reform. Our federal roads were death traps during his reign of terror.
The spirits of Bola Ige , Funsho Williams, Marshal Harry , victims of Odi and Zakibiam massacres will be crying in their graves whenever the man from Ota opens his mouth to talk ill of GEJ's administration.

PS: To Amaechi and all the other APC thugs who have been going about making inciting statements capable of plunging the nation into chaos, the statement below is worthy of note:
Be ready to dance the macabre dance which will play out when Nigerians rise to revolt against you for not respecting their choice of a GEJ' presidency come 2015.

Nigerians are watching!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 22, 2014
9jii:
Nigerians never witness any bad government like this.

If he [s]continued from where OBJ, Yar'adua stopped[/s] Nigerians will not be celebrating 'stomach infrastructure'.

When insecurity and Impunity are reigning all the rules of good government collapse.

Nigerians need proper education. The only reason why this man is talking trash is because GEJ refused to do some of his wishes (one of which was the unconditional removal of Tambuwal ) but suddenly he is now the progressive and the baba that tells even the so called opposition who and who not to be the presidentials flag bearer. I believe PDP and APC are the same and only reason they want this fellow is because he is master in election rigging and both being so desperate for power wants to get it via any means so that the looting will continue while the majority of the people keep living in misery. NIGERIANS DESERVE SOMETHING FAR BETTER

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2014
Billyonaire:

I have little time with people who can not manage their emotion. In your attempt to flaw my near-perfect debate prowess, you spilled your beans and let kids walk on it. Stay within the limits of this thread and be nice. I am not here to hurt you. It doesnt matter if you believe I have traveled to Europe so pocket your insults and focus on the discourse.

OBJ stated that GEJ performance is below average; And my question is: Below average of whose performance ? OBJ supervised over failing airports, failed electricity sector, he massacred entire Odi, Zaki Biam (correct the spellings, if wrong), and it was wholesale hunting of political opponents using EFCC and ICPC; OBJ left nothing to be desired in the Educational sector, he fleeced Lagos state allocation for 2yrs because he hated Tinubu's guts. OBJ engineered corruption in allocation of oil wells, and presently he owns Sahara Oil worth 20 billion dollars and run by a proxy who used to sell pants and brazziers in London (I know this cos he is a friend), OBJ enthroned an Era of God-Fatherism.

This is someone who was freed from prison and sworn into power, yet he did nothing for the common-man. I love OBJ as a person, but as a politician, he is the reason Nigeria is now where she is, because he never laid any qualification for meaningful progress. Ofcourse, that's why Ngozi resigned because OBJ never listens to anyone, but himself.

Let me end this, by quoting a popular saying from OBJ's first daughter, Iyabo Obasanjo `Baba, you dont own Nigeria'.
I get angry at unintelligent posts I guess that's why you felt insulted ... Ngozi resigned because obj found out her fraud in the Paris club debt. Bro , ther is no such thing as a perfect government. These all are attributed to baba, these are just all Jonathan was supposed to build upon but has slowly done
From 2003 to 2007, Nigeria attempted to implement an economic reform program called the National Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (NEEDS). The purpose of the NEEDS was to raise the country's standard of living through a variety of reforms, including macroeconomic stability, deregulation, liberalization, privatization, transparency, and accountability.

The NEEDS addressed basic deficiencies, such as the lack of freshwater for household use and irrigation, unreliable power supplies, decaying infrastructure, impediments to private enterprise, and corruption. The government hoped that the NEEDS would create 7 million new jobs, diversify the economy, boost non-energy exports, increase industrial capacity utilization, and improve agricultural productivity. A related initiative on the state level is the State Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS).
A prerequisite for achieving many of these worthwhile objectives is curtailing endemic corruption, which stymies development and taints Nigeria's business environment. President Olusegun Obasanjo's campaign against corruption, which includes the arrest of officials accused of misdeeds and recovering stolen funds, has won praise from the World Bank. In September 2005, Nigeria, with the assistance of the World Bank, began to recover US$458 million of illicit funds that had been deposited in Swiss banks by the late military dictator Sani Abacha, who ruled Nigeria from 1993 to 1998. However, while broad-based progress has been slow, these efforts have begun to become evident in international surveys of corruption. In fact, Nigeria's ranking has consistently improved since 2001 until 2012
Everything you see now had its root in babas tenure , so for obj to have said he is below average he knew the resources GEJ had access to. Oh come on , we all know iyabo was out of the country . If she was so patriotic she would have been here and perhaps helping her father while in jail . When she was made commissioner she didn't say all this. We all should put sentiments aside. This government ought to have done better.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by juman(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2014
Davvymavvy:
Below average is an understatement, Jonathan is a monumental failure

I still wonder why president jonathan became confused and failed.

Anyway jonathan follows unserious obj way of governance.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by EPOMA(m): 11:55am On Nov 22, 2014
Wittywizard:
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has done well, am not a fan of his administration or the fomer president administration but all i camn say is that... We are all in a country whereby even a toddler can be in his father home, while his/her parent feeding the toddler and ranting different kind of word...... Pls, let us not forget that he is a president for crying out loud... Jonathan has done well but it is jus that he is slow in decision making and lack the will to seek of advice.........
I pity u all

So what area has he done well.you never talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Infastructural Developments In Ebonyi State In Pictures / American Lawmakers Visit Bola Tinubu In His Lekki Residence / The Scene Of The Bomb Blast At Muna Garage, Maiduguri (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.