Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo (43869 Views)

Dino Melaye Grades Jonathan's Performance On His Customized T.Shirt (Photo) / Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo / 61% Of Nigerians Approve Pres Jonathan’s Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
[s]I get angry at unintelligent posts I guess that's why you felt insulted ... Ngozi resigned because obj found out her fraud in the Paris club debt. Bro , ther is no such thing as a perfect government. These all are attributed to baba, these are just all Jonathan was supposed to build upon but has slowly done
From 2003 to 2007, Nigeria attempted to implement an economic reform program called the National Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (NEEDS). The purpose of the NEEDS was to raise the country's standard of living through a variety of reforms, including macroeconomic stability, deregulation, liberalization, privatization, transparency, and accountability.

The NEEDS addressed basic deficiencies, such as the lack of freshwater for household use and irrigation, unreliable power supplies, decaying infrastructure, impediments to private enterprise, and corruption. The government hoped that the NEEDS would create 7 million new jobs, diversify the economy, boost non-energy exports, increase industrial capacity utilization, and improve agricultural productivity. A related initiative on the state level is the State Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS).
A prerequisite for achieving many of these worthwhile objectives is curtailing endemic corruption, which stymies development and taints Nigeria's business environment. President Olusegun Obasanjo's campaign against corruption, which includes the arrest of officials accused of misdeeds and recovering stolen funds, has won praise from the World Bank. In September 2005, Nigeria, with the assistance of the World Bank, began to recover US$458 million of illicit funds that had been deposited in Swiss banks by the late military dictator Sani Abacha, who ruled Nigeria from 1993 to 1998. However, while broad-based progress has been slow, these efforts have begun to become evident in international surveys of corruption. In fact, Nigeria's ranking has consistently improved since 2001 until 2012
Everything you see now had its root in babas tenure , so for obj to have said he is below average he knew the resources GEJ had access to. Oh come on , we all know iyabo was out of the country . If she was so patriotic she would have been here and perhaps helping her father while in jail . When she was made commissioner she didn't say all this. We all should put sentiments aside. This government ought to have done better.[/s]

Wrong, Focus on the thread. Please start all over and this time, write what`s relevant to the thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Rexyl:

you should have known there is a big difference between terrorism and militancy. the militancy has ever been regional why terrorism is global evil that needs special tactics to wipe out.

I think you are in Nigeria when certain people reacted to military approach against terrorism. Then they were of the view that war against terrorism was a deliberate attempt to decimate their population and sack their religion. Successfully battle over terrorism has been taking longer time because it was mingled with religion and politics. Terrorism will always be difficult to fight in a country where religion is not separated from politics, esp in a secular nation like Nigeria.
these are all excuses I seem not to understand , they two are not conducive for any government. The president is the commander in chief. Do what will bring sanity to your government , when it is done you will be applauded. Is the terrorism in nigeria not regional. did the US not offer to assist Nigeria,The Islam denies boko so I don't understand which sect said it is against their religion. The govt has no excuse for boko failure pls.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by OlaRolls(m): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
Gone are the days of the era of letter... its now a verbal bluaga.... obj ma man

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Rexyl(m): 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
these are all excuses I seem not to understand , they two are not conducive for any government. The president is the commander in chief. Do what will bring sanity to your government , when it is done you will be applauded. Is the terrorism in nigeria not regional. did the US not offer to assist Nigeria,The Islam denies boko so I don't understand which sect said it is against their religion. The govt has no excuse for boko failure pls.

hmmm 11th hour denial! unrighteous deception! Had it been they were denied outrightly at the outset probably there wouldn't be much mentioning of boko haram as we hear presently.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
Billyonaire:

Wrong, Focus on the thread. Please start all over and this time, write what`s relevant to the thread.
oh still you don't still get it, GEJ performance is being rated based on the resources and policies he met while in office ,Not based on what another man met while in office.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
I get angry at unintelligent posts I guess that's why you felt insulted ... [s]Ngozi resigned because obj found out her fraud in the Paris club debt[/s]. Bro , ther is no such thing as a perfect government. These all are attributed to baba, these are just all Jonathan was supposed to build upon but has slowly done
From 2003 to 2007, Nigeria attempted to implement an economic reform program called the National Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (NEEDS). The purpose of the NEEDS was to raise the country's standard of living through a variety of reforms, including macroeconomic stability, deregulation, liberalization, privatization, transparency, and accountability.

The NEEDS addressed basic deficiencies, such as the lack of freshwater for household use and irrigation, unreliable power supplies, decaying infrastructure, impediments to private enterprise, and corruption. The government hoped that the NEEDS would create 7 million new jobs, diversify the economy, boost non-energy exports, increase industrial capacity utilization, and improve agricultural productivity. A related initiative on the state level is the State Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS).
A prerequisite for achieving many of these worthwhile objectives is curtailing endemic corruption, which stymies development and taints Nigeria's business environment. President Olusegun Obasanjo's campaign against corruption, which includes the arrest of officials accused of misdeeds and recovering stolen funds, has won praise from the World Bank. In September 2005, Nigeria, with the assistance of the World Bank, began to recover US$458 million of illicit funds that had been deposited in Swiss banks by the late military dictator Sani Abacha, who ruled Nigeria from 1993 to 1998. However, while broad-based progress has been slow, these efforts have begun to become evident in international surveys of corruption. In fact, Nigeria's ranking has consistently improved since 2001 until 2012
Everything you see now had its root in babas tenure , so for obj to have said he is below average he knew the resources GEJ had access to. Oh come on , we all know iyabo was out of the country . If she was so patriotic she would have been here and perhaps helping her father while in jail . When she was made commissioner she didn't say all this. We all should put sentiments aside. This government ought to have done better.
He found out a fraudster in his government and instead of sacking her, made her the foreign minister in other words his government representative in the league of nations was given to a known fraudster. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO YOU?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Collynzo9: 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
I don't give the telecommunications credence to OBJ but DSTV and the telecommunication industry are two far apart different technologies with the telecommunication being of vital use to majority. Signing a deal ain't easy as you saying tho.... Why hasn't Jonathan signed documents on our refineries.... Why is the PIB being delayed. Baba could as well delayed the telecommunication companies.the konga you are saying are business that do not need the presidents approval in any way.
There is absolutely no nig deal in signing contracts, he did that and got millions of dollars in license fees paid to him as a result. Your ''baba'' actually delayed the Telecoms companies for nothing other than selfish reasons, that is why Ghana, Benin republic and even war torn liberia got them before us. Why didn't your baba sign the contract for refineries? It actually requires much bigger investments than telecom companies and it isn't a revolution sweeping through countries like GSM in OBJ's era. However, 2 private refineries that I know of are currently being built in GEJ's administration, 0 was built in your baba's tenure.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Rexyl:

hmmm 11th hour denial! unrighteous deception! Had it been they were denied outrightly at the outset probably there wouldn't be much mentioning of boko haram as we hear presently.
oh I see you are biased on religion, but have you asked yourself why boko attacks are on some innocent Muslim citizens and why it's just in the north east. My point is we have got an intelligence command in the country and boko should not be an excuse under gej
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by PhockPhockMan: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
Will Obasanjo be saying all these if Jonathan allows him to loot as he wishes?
Some people may be deceived into thinking that he's trying to satisfy his conscience, but no, it's BELE INFRASTRUCTURE.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Just20(f): 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
You can't have a government without the people. If the citizenry are dying, some displaced, some living in constant fear cos of insecurity, then who will enjoy the dividends of the administration?
You can't be nonchalant on the fundamental issues of security, ensuring peace and unity (cos now more than ever we first think of ourselves as being from SS, NW, SE, NC, SW or NE before regarding ourselves as Nigerians).
Mr. President get your priorities right.
Mr. Okupe take note: You can increase the value of rice or cassava, make the airports better, improve electricity, build railroads etc but without the people to enjoy these things, you're working in vain. Focus on the people.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by kingthreat(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
onatisi:
it wasn't obj that ended the niger delta crisis ,it was yar adua that offered the ammesty programme which ended the crisis. Go and do ur research again .

Yeah i know. But Obj managed it. Unlike Joe who cant do shyt about Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by iamord(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
shomutuski:
LOBATAN!!! Baba Agba has spoken and I will continue to say too that Jonanathan nah olodo: look at all what maggi okupe has listed out wetin make sense for there? Power from 2600 to 4000. Bullshit. When Common ghana they use 10,000 megawatts and we still they sell power to dem. S.A sef nah 400,000mw. The truth is that he has done more harm than Good. If we actually know what they've all been doing in the background, pesin sef go don kill jonathan with coup. Lots of money have been pumped into bribing ex militants, looting of federal reserve, subsidy money no where to be found, cbn account lost 47billion dollars lamido complained jonathan force am to retire. Allison madueke case of selling oil block to her own subsidiary company illegally nko ? Jonathan did nuffin. Stella oduah's case too he didn't react until he was pressurized by the whole public. We all know regardless of who we support that jonathan and his shepopotamus love and dwell in corruption. Their body language and lifestyle is symbiotic with it. OBJ on point. If u get problem with wetin baba talk. Go and meet God. As a master tactician in the Art of war, obj would have ended this insurgency problem. When Bh started in 2004, obj noticed and told jonathan, he shrugged it off till it became am hydra now. Nobody can question obj's commitment to nigeria because he has served his country both as an officer and a civilian. God Bless Nigeria.

gringringringringrin
Olodo ni bobo yi!!!
Epic one!!!
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by smallJagaban: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obasanjo didn't build any of the NIPP, he kept
signining and signing contracts embezelling the
money for 8 years with absoulutely nothing to show
for it until GEJ came and completed them from a
level of not more than 20%. Obasanjo didn't
introduce any telecom company or banks, the
telecom companies came on their own because
the time was right, it was a revoultion that
swept every country in the world at that time,
even Benin rep. had them before us. It is like
saying Abacha introduced Pay TV companies like
DSTV or that GEJ introduced online sales
companies like Jumia, Konga, OLX etc. Pure
nonsense.
How did Obasanjo squash the uprising of Niger
delta militants who were using our Navy and
Army for practice then? He even admitted
allowing boko haram to have their sharia so
that they wouldn't disturb his government.

WHICH TIME WAS RIGHT? OBJ USES HIS INITIATIVE TO LURE TELECOMMUNICATION INVESTORS. IS JUST LIKE SAYING THAT NISSAN, TOYOTA CAME TO NIGERIA AT THE RIGHT TIME TO ESTABLISH MORE PLANT IN NIGERIA WHEREAS IT'S GEJ POLICY THAT LURE THEM TO COME..........

YOU MEAN ZAKI, ODIM INSURGENTS ASARI DOKUBO ARE USING NIGERIA ARMY FORCE,NAVY HAS PRACTICE THEN....

I AM VERY SURE IF OBJ IS IN POWER HE WOULD HAVE WON THE BATTLE. UPON ALL THE STATE OF EMERGENCY HE DECLARED, WHAT'S THE EFFECT?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Collynzo9:
There is absolutely no nig deal in signing contracts, he did that and got millions of dollars in license fees paid to him as a result. Your ''baba'' actually delayed the Telecoms companies for nothing other than selfish reasons, that is why Ghana, Benin republic and even war torn liberia got them before us. Why didn't your baba sign the contract for refineries? It actually requires much bigger investments than telecom companies and it isn't a revolution sweeping through countries like GSM in OBJ's era. However, 2 private refineries that I know of are currently being built in GEJ's administration, 0 was built in your baba's tenure.
if you follow my posts clearly , you will understand where am coming from . my point is baba's good and flaws should not be used to measure jonathans success. same way flaws are attributed to baba is same way flaws ae attributed to goodluck . my point is where do nigeri stand as compared to 4 years ago . if baba says jonathan has performed below average , what are your own reasons for saying he has performed so well . has anything in Nigeria become world class ? if no he has failed just as baba and the rest has failed and so they all have got to go. period.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
TheIROKO:
He found out a fraudster in his government and instead of sacking her, made her the foreign minister in other words his government representative in the league of nations was given to a known fraudster. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO YOU?
where did you see me commend obj for changing her port folio , I only corrected the wrong impression that guy had about her resignation. , and then you jonathan chose to put the fraudster back as MOF.arent all of them failures so whats the arguement . they gotta go.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by smallJagaban: 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
kingthreat:

YEA, OBJ CURTAILED NIGER DELTA MILITANT INSURGENCY NOT TO BECOME WHAT BOKOHARAM IS TODAY

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Collynzo9: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
if you follow my posts clearly , you will understand where am coming from . my point is baba's good and flaws should not be used to measure jonathans success. same way flaws are attributed to baba is same way flaws ae attributed to goodluck . my point is where do nigeri stand as compared to 4 years ago . if baba says jonathan has performed below average , what are your own reasons for saying he is performed so well . has anything in Nigeria become world class ? if no he has failed just as baba and the rest has failed and so they all have got to go. period.
Your baba is not in any position to speak about a Government having ruled Nigeria for 12 years and failed woefully. As long as people like him continue to have a voice and is get worshipped by people like you, it will be difficult for Nigeria to move forward. People like him should be exorcised, isolated and treated like outcasts if not put in prison.
When politicans like OBJ (your baba) know that they will respected and worshipped by people like you after failling woefully, how do you expect them to perform?
If anyone should criticse GEJ, it shouldn't be from Obasanjo or someone like him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by sandradayz(f): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

The rate at which some of you make silly comments is becoming unbearable. When did Buhari say Nigeria won't peace? You misquoted the statement of Lawal Kaita, a PDP BoT member, who said the country would be made ungovernable. This silly comment you made was the same made by Reuben Abati, that Buhari promised to make the country ungovernable. At the end of the day Buhari sued him. Jonathan pleaded with Buhari to withdraw the case. He did, but not until Abati published a rejoinder, withdrawing the earlier one.
If you read my quote properly you should have seen that it was a question? So YOU before misquoting try and see from the other person point of view. undecided
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
grin
Collynzo9:

Your baba is not in any position to speak about a Government having ruled Nigeria for 12 years and failed woefully. As long as people like him continue to have a voice and is get worshipped by people like you, it will be difficult for Nigeria to move forward. People like him should be exorcised, isolated and treated like outcasts if not put in prison.
When politicans like OBJ (your baba) know that they will respected and worshipped by people like you after failling woefully, how do you expect them to perform?
If anyone should criticse GEJ, it shouldn't be from Obasanjo or someone like him.
well , you entiltled to your opinio and say tho . am not a fan of baba and yes he has to talk , he is a citizen grin
Collynzo9:

well , you entiltled to your opinio and say tho . am not a fan of baba and yes he has to talk , he is a citizen ..... he may have failed to you but successful to others .isnt gej aware baba should be in prison , whats he doing about it . my dear friend , I still maintain baba's tenure should never be a yardstick for measuring jonathan's success.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Omadachi(m): 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
I don't have anything personally against GEJ but I think I agreed with OBJ on this.Any administration that failed to address the issue of corruption in this country doesn't worth it.The way his even going about his 2nd term dream same way like Abacha calls for serious concern.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Armaggeddon: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
OBJ is on point once again. The most unintelligent Nigerians know that GEJ is a huge disappointment. Power, Education, Roads, Employment etc are all in a mess. The Transformation Agenda is a mere rhetoric. I weep for this Nation and other African countries suffering the same fate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
kingthreat:

read what you wrote and see if it makes any sense. U are comparing someone who couldn't get something done throughout his time and someone who is even yet to finish his time.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by ikweremilitant: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
Keneking:
With this statement, I can safely assert that Jonathan is going next year. grin

Chief Obasanjo has spoken well again. grin
reactions like this shows the level of hypocricy in nija.obj all of a suden has become a refrence point.dis a man that has d oppurtunity to position nija but mesed up,he is d one that legalised political rascality,he mesed up our economy and above all laid d foundation 4d problems we are having today by imposing a sick man as a president, yet has d audacity to make coments nd you 113 fools clickd like to the ranting of an mbecile...shame

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by gp6liveth(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
If not for the respect I have for elders I would have slammed OBJ. A man like Gej who has not even completed his 4 years with obvious achievements still some ingrates people open their wide mouths to speak against him. Obj who ruled both in military and civilian regime for more than 12 years without much legacy have the guts to say that Gej has performed below average. Is it because Gej refused to succumbed to his wishes that's why he is saying all these rubbish.

GEJ will be vindicated by God.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by vislabraye(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
peleson:
For example, obj speny 8 yrs building bells university, obj farms, obj libery,obj holdings which are all worth millions of dollars while in office! Atiku was busy as vice building the most expensive university in w/africa in yola.
Gej in his 1st 3yrs in office established 11 federal universities. Built roads obj didn't build. Completing power stations obj budgeted for n looted all the money tru imoke. Hmmm Nigerians should know their hero! Obj is not one!
In 1999 u couldn't pick up form for ur presidential election because u were so broke but after being a president u are worth billions of dollars! Then u are a saint abi! Reasons he wanted 3rd term! Ewu awusa

Very classic !! And don't forgetthe wiping out of a community. He should be in Hague for war crime. He also drove out residents of 1004 estates and sold it to his wife. That's OBJ for you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
where did you see me commend obj for changing her port folio , I only corrected the wrong impression that guy had about her resignation. , and then you jonathan chose to put the fraudster back as MOF.arent all of them failures so whats the arguement . they gotta go.
And World bank also gave the fraudster a glorified position. As much as I dislike ALL of our political leaders from PDP including Gej I have utmost respect for few of our intellectuals who realized that staying abroad and criticizing situations in the country does nothing but harm our already battered images a nation. And some of them which includes Ngozi has achieved a lot even in the face of a very corrupt and difficult environment and to me,thy deserve commendation not condemnation without ground or condemnation based on ethnic bigotry.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 9jii(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
TheIROKO:
Nigerians need proper education. The only reason why this man is talking trash is because GEJ refused to do some of his wishes (one of which was the unconditional removal of Tambuwal ) but suddenly he is now the progressive and the baba that tells even the so called opposition who and who not to be the presidentials flag bearer. I believe PDP and APC are the same and only reason they want this fellow is because he is master in election rigging and both being so desperate for power wants to get it via any means so that the looting will continue while the majority of the people keep living in misery. NIGERIANS DESERVE SOMETHING FAR BETTER
is like I care wether I sinned the white man. U r his slave.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nehemiah(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hello Nairalanders.
I just heard on 93.7Rythm fm world news that Chaz B, the popular radio presenter of "sharing life issues" is dead. How true is it? Can anyone confirm this please.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 9jii(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
9jii:
Nigerians never witness any bad government like this.

If he continue from where OBJ, Yar'adua stopped Nigerians will not be celebrating 'stomach infrastructure'.

When insecurity and Impunity are reigning all the rules of good government collapse.

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by solidman59(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Please clap for OBJ, he had an "A" during his tenure. That's why I like Jona, he won't even talk to the old hag
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by gp6liveth(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
smallJagaban:

YEA, OBJ CURTAILED NIGER DELTA MILITANT INSURGENCY NOT TO BECOME WHAT BOKOHARAM IS TODAY

Obj killed innocent people in the niger delta and u r saying he curtailed it. If not for Late Yaradua that gave ammensty imagine what would have happened to all the oil pipeline. Nigeria would have been on her kneels begging for foreign aid. Pls don't say what u don't know. Remember a repented militant is still a militant here in Niger delta. U can't flush them away.
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by DaGC(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
smallJagaban:

Please don't celebrate the killing of innocent Nigerians that Obj did. I'm sure if Jonathan decides to bomb the entire conflict areas of the north without regard for civilian lives, it might curtail the insurgency. But its still not a viable option. Government shouldn't be killing its citizens, but protecting them.
Obj sacked Odi without regards for civilian lives. He should be tried.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts Over The Death Of Kolade Johnson Killed By F-SARS / Lekki Tollgate: Chizoba Agu's Sister Speaks On Her Death / Pat Utomi Inspects Aba Automated Shoe Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.