Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (36490 Views)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu 's Profile Updated On Wikipedia / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
swezenberg:

Heheheh! He was never aware of your respect in the first place and does not even know you exist.
You just quoted a Niger-Deltan Lagosian from Sokoto state that schooled in France cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Owodiong(m): 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Super story na u go decide or na d mass
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
barcanista:
First Niger Delta is not a tribe nor an ethnic classification. Secondly Billionaires that comes from Oil don't troll social Networking site eBoasting. I can bet with my China Laptop that you havent counted 50 thousand Naira since you were born.

We know where you are from anyway Mr Poonaire
My tribe, will never be made public. You will NEVER know. As for Nairaland membership, I am here to stay. This is the only hobby I have got, please dont ask me to leave. Yes, I am a young billionaire, and my money works for the profits and interests, I dont sweat anymore. Big money works for itself.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
remmat:
i need a boyfriend..loyal one pls
AH on a public forum
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
chukwudi44:

he never openly campaigned for any candidate.oba Akiolu is a very big disgrace to the lagos royal stool.Taking sides over his suppossed subjects.smh for him
I wonder what old freaks like you would say if he had made his statement in favour of PDP
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by ypzilanti: 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
barcanista:
The PDP should have shown us the way at the Federal level or in various states that they hold sway. Beside, I doubt if you know the calibre of people that calls the shot in Lagos Politics

Statewise pdp produced donald duke amaechi and akpabio. Infrastructure wise these three did ok. Federally pdp is worst thing to happen to nigeria. Even the supporters know this they are just suffering from stockholm syndrome.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by temisteve: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
2015 is already at the corner...............wait till then
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
Billyonaire:
My tribe, will never be made public. You will NEVER know. As for Nairaland membership, I am here to stay. This is the only hobby I have got, please dont ask me to leave. Yes, I am a young billionaire, and my money works for the profits and interests, I dont sweat anymore. Big money works for itself.
Akpan everybody knows your tribe

5 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by udemzyudex(m): 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are an edddiootttt....

the fact that you are on an anonymous forum should not give you the foolish gut to talk carelessly and be disrespectful to the symbol of Lagos traditional institution.

Tell your oba to respect himself... the guy dey F up...

If you have a problem with my post,tell me lets rumble. grin
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
swezenberg:

Heheheh! He was never aware of your respect in the first place and does not even know you exist.
Then you need to teach him how to respect Billyonaire, and worship me as his Lord and Master. Bow for me, little rabbits of APC.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
grin Oba onijekuje, A king should b neutral in politiks, well he is Tinubu pupet
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
ypzilanti:

Statewise pdp produced donald duke amaechi and akpabio. Infrastructure wise these three did ok. Federally pdp is worst thing to happen to nigeria. Even the supporters know this they are just suffering from stockholm syndrome.
Duke and Akpabio were mediocres. Amaechi was a Progressive PDP though rugged, he was even forced out of the party because y'all can't keep up with Progress. Hey, he joined fellow Progressives in APC. Likewise Kwankwaso(The Best Administrator). You can enjoy your uncommon thievery from Akpabio.
They need'nt be reminded!
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by BitMore: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Oba Of Benin Endorses Jonathan For
Second Term

The Oba of Benin, the Edo State capital, Oba Erediauwa, has
urged President Goodluck Jonathan to shun all distractions and
remain focused with his transformation agenda, endorsing him
for a second term.
The Oba spoke on Friday through his special envoy and the
crown prince, Ambassador Eheneden Erediuwa, at a closed door
meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan in the Presidential
Villa.

Why are these igbos crying?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Obiagelli:

Akpan everybody knows your tribe
He is very wealthy in his dream grin grin grin
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by derecho(m): 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
What happens if the Oba joins his ancestors before the elections?Humans should know their limits.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
We know but...
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
Haba! Obas should be apolitical. Oba Akiolu, why? Why? Shouldn't have said that. We should not give APC the impression that they cannot be voted out else they take it for granted. You sir, with due respect, should have used the opportunity to push them to the limit to deliver the dividends of democracy. Anyway, Buhari and Ambode for 2015

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
barcanista:
lacasa you have a competitor angry angry

Lwkmd........ I dnt compite cuz I wana av a lady's pin......... But d babe mak sense shaaa wit prettty look physique..!
BitMore:

Oba Of Benin Endorses Jonathan For
Second Term

Why are these igbos crying?

I don't know o! I hope chukwudi44, mogidi and that poor billyonaire sees this.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by IYANGBALI: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
barcanista:
Bring it, lemme taste it so as to ascertain its flavor grin
its all yours

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
What a silly oba
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
I don't know o! I hope chukwudi44, mogidi and that poor billyonaire sees this.

WHERE DID THEY OBA SAY THAT?ID YOU HEAR THAT FROM THE OBA HIMSELF?
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by KLand(m): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
I thought Oba's are supposed to be non-partisan? Its obvious this one is an ACN apologist. Well, the voters in Lagos will decide who rules them.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
Mrstan:

Lwkmd........ I dnt compite cuz I wana av a lady's pin......... But d babe mak sense shaaa wit prettty look pyhsique..!
We can all manage in the chopping of her kpomo in the spirit of brotherhood
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
akoaki:
Traditional leaders should exercise caution when making statements bordering on the choice of the people.
Their position in the society is of high esteem and they should hold it as such by remaining neutral in the political arena.
In the end he's still a common citizen of the nation--- albeit, an influential one--- and has every right to comment on issues and attempt to sway opinions of lesser informed people especially in a highly uninformed populace such as that of your country.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
I don't blame you
U must work for ur paymaster
Last time I checked a reasonable king supposed to be neutral
EBINA
barcanista:
He is very wealthy in his dream grin grin grin
I like bid dreamers though cheesy
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by BitMore: 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Jonathan and royal endorsement

No matter the level of rascality of a Nigerian politician,
he would still revere royalty and accept his traditional
ruler, not only as the custodian of his own culture and
norms, but also as an epitome of morality, wisdom and
sound judgment. That is why most Nigerian politicians
always try to cultivate and solicit the support of royal
fathers. Normally, if, as a politician, you receive the
endorsement of your traditional ruler, then, by im­
plication, the people are with you such that you have
little or no battle to fight. In certain situations, this
may not be exactly the case, as some of the nation’s
traditional rulers have been politically corrupted.
However, one domain in which the king’s integrity re­
mains intact and where his word is taken as sacred, if
not divine, is the kingdom of Benin. Modern-day Benin
Kingdom, for those who may not know, evolved from
the old Benin Empire which, up till the 19th century,
was a major pre-colonial state in Africa, specifically in
the South-Western part of Nigeria, spreading to the
Republic of Benin, Togo and Ghana. It was a well
organised state with stable economic, social and
political institutions as well as trained and disciplined
army. Benin Kingdom had and still has influence
beyond what is geo-politically designated today as Edo
State. It is that history that accounts for the tre­
mendous influence of all past Benin Kings and the
current Monarch, Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo Uku Akpolokpolo
Erediauwa, who is the 38th Oba of Benin.
I dare say that the Oba of Benin is among the few tra­
ditional rulers that are highly respected in Nigeria, not
only by his peers but also by ordinary Nigerian folks,
including academics, professionals, businessmen and
politicians, within and outside his domain. When the
Oba makes a pronouncement on an issue, it is generally
believed that that issue has been resolved. So, when,
in April 2012, the Benin Monarch prayed for and
endorsed Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s bid for re-
election, the message for the entire domain was clear.
And, the Oba’s word came to pass, when the
governorship election was held on July 14.
On Friday, 25th April, 2014, the highly respected Oba,
who is constrained by age, sent a message of goodwill
to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, through his
Crown Prince, Ambassador Eheneden Erediauwa, in
which he commended the President, prayed for him
and invoked the ancestral spirits of the kingdom to give
him the strength to continue with his good work, in
spite of daunting security challenges. The Monarch
then urged the President to seek a second term to
complete his work of transforming the nation. Like the
Oba’s support for Governor Oshiomole, the Monarch’s
endorsement of President Jonathan was total and
unequivocal.
In traditional African culture, it is believed that
traditional rulers are next to the gods and that they
possess the special gift of clairvoyance and the capacity
to foretell the future or see ahead what the rest of us
cannot see. In many ways, the Benin Monarch has, in
the past, demonstrated this ability. His open
endorsement of Jonathan means that he has seen more
than we, ordinary Nigerians, are able to see. And, as it
happened for Oshiomhole in 2012, there is no reason to
suggest otherwise in the case of Jonathan.
But the Oba’s goodwill message wasn’t just an exercise
in precognition or prophecy. It was mainly a
commendation of Jonathan’s administration for its
achievements as well as genuine commitment to move
our nation forward. The Benin Monarch must have
had in mind achievements in such areas as the
economy, agriculture, infrastructure development,
power, roads, transportation, etc; he must have
recognised developments in the education sector, up-
lift of Nigerian women, job creation, and efforts at
tackling the security challenges in all parts of the
country, especially the North East.
While hesitating to bring in the element of luck here,
one is tempted to say that President Jonathan is,
indeed, a lucky man. In addition to those areas in
which he has, on his own efforts, made tangible
achievements, many other good things just appear to
throw themselves at him. How, for instance, is one to
explain the emergence of Nigeria – during the Jonathan
era – as Africa’s largest economy with a GDP of $510 or
consider the massive inflow of foreign investments in a
country facing severe security challenges?
We all know that Oba Erediauwa is not a frivolous
king, nor does he have any partisan leaning. Besides,
he hardly interferes in political matters. His open
endorsement should, therefore, be seen as the col­
lective voice of the people, not only of Edo State but
also of all Nigerians who respect the sanctity of the
ancient kingdom. The Oba’s endorsement should serve
as a catalyst for President Jonathan and his officials to
continue their hard work.Our Oba has spoken!
Congratulations, Lucky Jonathan!

Where were these igbos when their paper was hailing royal endorsement of Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
chukwudi44:

WHERE DID THEY OBA SAY THAT?ID YOU HEAR THAT FROM THE OBA HIMSELF?
you mean the newspaper lied?
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Cuckoo48:
This Tinubu created commercial oba is living in an APC induced propaganda cocoon. Is he God? Or does he have 5 million votes hidden in the palace. Besides any royal father that becomes partisan, exposes himself to ridicule. Oba Akiolu should respect his stool and remain neutral. Look at the Emir Sanusi of Kano, that one has calmed down once he learnt that the security of his throne rests on how apolitical he is. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Sanusi's silence is way more dangerous than the Oba's outspokeness. But you're not too bright to realize that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Economy- PDP Dropped Facts And Figures Bombshells For APC To Respond - Pics / Photos Of Boko Haram Members Who Surrendered To The Nigerian Army Today / Saraki Goes Underground Following Police Invitation, Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.