Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (41005 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by lepasharon(f): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
Maybe if they hear what a white man has to say they will listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwUA3CHumk

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ilekeh:

lmao! WTF? I had to stop it at midpoint because he started spewing garbage.

Embarrassing, right? When your belief system can literally be dismantled by a child... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

Exactly when in America sir?

I'm wondering. Nigerians have literally said to me that America is our age's Sodom and Gomorrah, so I'm pretty perplexed at that answer.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
musicwriter:

Oh Yes, I will give you prove, a lot of it.

Do you even need to ask of Isaac Newton when there are other facts of scientists believing God everywhere?. The first astronauts on the moon even read the bible book of Genesis chapter 1 on the moon immediately landing there when it struck them what was described in the bibble about the beginning was the situation on the moon.

Back to Isaac Newton.

Isaac Newton literally researched Physics with the bible side-by-side and even hinted when Jesus Christ may return using advanced calculus (maths). Of course this's information modern day science don't want you to know, but history will.

Isaac Newton religious views. Details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Isaac_Newton

Isaac Newton predict world will end in 2060. Details: http://opentheword.org/2013/10/16/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-world-would-end-in-2060-ad/

Find the biography of Isaac Newton and read it. I've done so. Or better help yourself with google. You may begin by searching "did Isaac Newton believe in God?". Hope you get help.

What another load of horse manure.

Which astronaut told you this?

For your information, what the first astronauts on the moon performed was a Masonic Ritual with a Masonic Flag.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm wondering. Nigerians have literally said to me that America is our age's Sodom and Gomorrah, so I'm pretty perplexed at that answer.

Abi oo
grin
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Blitz888(m): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
[b][/b]now you ask where does facts touch down and myths take flight? Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53:1
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
These are the people that vote in elections! shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by musicwriter(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

What another load of horse manure.

Which astronaut told you this?

For your information, what the first astronauts on the moon performed was a Masonic Ritual with a Masonic Flag.

Obviously, you don't know who you're up against.

I'm in better position to educate you.

You folks always feel embarrassed when reminded names of great scientists who did believe in God.

The first men on the moon reading Genesis chapter 1 - 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwI4s97S_fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5QwuYKIgQ

More details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8_Genesis_reading

This are facts. And all you have to do is deal with it.

NB: Next time you want to quote me in argument you have to come with facts (loads of facts) like I do always on this forum.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

Exactly when in America sir?
America was built on strong christian values, until it was destroyed by feminism and other so called 'rights' group.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
UyiIredia:

And indeed, God is the source of purpose of all kinds. I don't use elaborate reasons to show God exists. My intuition, clear facts and some common sense. But atheists lack intuition, ignore facts and twist common sense. BTW lot of facts are taken on faith. I doubt you have seen someone's DNA. Yet you take it as a fact on faith.
Seriously, you need education and a mind of reality not of fable.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by blym4real: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
RiffRaff:
Common sense... Show a Single shred of evidence for a God and Nobody will argue again.

Its simple.. God remains a delusion in the head of Brainwashed loonies.

please explain the existence of life and earth.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by lebesgue(m): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:
America was built on strong christian values, until it was destroyed by feminism and other so called 'rights' group.

So slavery and the elimination of millions of native Americans are part of Christian values?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by onetrack(m): 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
Atheist here, this was about what I expected, though I was actually pleasantly surprised that no one threatened us with some fiery punishment from some angry, jealous god. A lot of people used the Kalamist argument, but that begs the question where does god come from.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by GodMode: 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:
You see, atheism like feminism put you on 'indifference scale', meaning that, it makes you feel indifferent about your believe e.g. A Godly wife would go for a divorce because she has an escape route in feminism, that is she can shift grounds to satisfy her wish and still maintain her conscience. Though I may claim religious, but my heart via atheism, becomes indifferent of my religion.
This single act that I tag indifference scale is also applicable to atheism i.e. I can cheat, fornicate, kill and then have my conscience. Tell me the morals I can have if God doesn't exist? It means I can hide my moral decardence under atheism and still live a normal life, the same way a muslim can kill christians and call it Jihad. Once God is taken out of one's mind, doing good becomes voluntary and an art of free will. sad

Doing good will forever be free will... Every choice a person makes is based on free will.. Nothing in this world is done without free will.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by plaetton: 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:

He he he .
Christian values my bottom.

Christian values like stealing land from the native people and killing them off?
Christian values like deliberately using small pox to wipe out native populations?
Christian values like hundreds yrs of slavery of the African people?
Christian values like racial discrimination that involved state sponsored lynchings and burning of Black Christian churches?

Christian values like invading and destroying smaller nations for their resources?

Wow!
Bravo for strong christian values.
No I know what christian values stand for.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
davien:
Piranha's don't have a belief in "god" yet they don't do what ever they like....hence humans also and our continual struggle to enforce laws that prevent unnecessary harm or death..
"god" is not an epitome of morality.....merely a dictatorship.
Because I do not believe in a "god" or afterlife I tend to treat others around me with respect because for all I can tell my actions have an effect on them and they also perform actions that affect me...so to live in a safe community it is best I restrain from causing any harm for the sake of my own wellbeing and others.
You have attached a moral significance to your "god" claim... so anyone who doesn't hold it is seen as "immoral"...this is a false notion brought about by that preconception.
Don't blackmail me with the use of 'g' for my God cos according to the bible, there are billions of gods on earth, you are one of them Gen 3:5. As for your source of morals, its shaky, as far as I'm concerned, the world order is trying to reduce the population of the world, through using of lab cultured viruses like AIDs and Ebola, killing children long before they are born, causing unnecessary wars, like that in Libya, after the toppling of Gadaffi.
The history of the world has also being that of bloodshed e.g. Muslim jihad, holocaust, the great world wars. In fact, christianity brought about the development of our morals and end of dictatorship. Since evolution began to be taught in place of genesis, we have seen the great slide in the morals of the west, up to the point of women moving in the streets of America without ordinary pants. You said God rules by inflicting fear, I still wonder and ponder on what viable option the perverse mankind lives Him with. Just a few years without this fear in America, the whole place is upside down.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by blym4real: 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
onetrack:
Atheist here, this was about what I expected, though I was actually pleasantly surprised that no one threatened us with some fiery punishment from some angry, jealous god. A lot of people used the Kalamist argument, but that begs the question where does god come from.
Please where does the earth come from?
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Missy89(f): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
Most Nigerians needs brain surgery.

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
blym4real:
please explain the existence of life and earth.
Life is a process of different chemical formations which all things come to evolve in stages to what we see to day. Life is not about humans alone but everything that exhibit one or more characteristics of what fall under bio phenomenon. Why earth existence is by chance after forming from the cosmic dust through chaotic process involving gaseous stages before turning into solid to form different universe bodies. Earth happened to fall within the Goldilocks zone where life building blocks or chemicals can be propagated at the right condition that gave rise to different organism that evolves into other forms. You exist and die like the animals you eat on daily bases or plants if you are a vegan.

That is reality not fairy tale. It is observable unlike religion and god!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Google is your friend.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by MAYOWAAK: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Let's settle this once and for all. The rightness of your Religion is probabilistic and a very slim one at that. There are over 4,000 religions in the world and all of them cannot be right at the same time but all of them can be wrong.
Something is shocking though. I had an encounter with a Nigerian graduate and asked him how many religions we have in the world. He said three(3)-- Islam, Christianity and Traditional religion. You can be shocked but It didn't shock me.
Let's assume one out of the 4,000 will be right. The probability is 0.00025. This is very close to Zero. in statistics-test of hypothesis, we can regard it as statistical Insignificance and we reject the NULL hypothesis of rightness...and set up a new hypothesis or accept the alternative hypothesis( that all religions were made up)
Let's assume Christianity is Right, there are over 40,000 denominations each telling the others how wrong they are and how they are going to hell( pastor Okotie once said that all catholics are going to hell). the understated probability figure I can give to the rightness of your own brand of Christianity is 0.00000000625. This is the probability chance you want me to submit my time, mind, sanity, resources and hope to. This does not make sense to me and I don't think It should make sense to you too.
So, the next time you come bragging and threatening me about how wrong I am and how i am going to rot in hell, remember you are the one that is basing your sanity on close to ZERO(0) probability estimate.
The same case can be made for other religions likewise.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
all4naija:
Life is a process of different chemical formation which all things come to evolve in stages to what we see to day. Life is not about human alone but everything that exhibit one or more characteristics of what fall under bio phenomenon. Why earth existence is by chance after forming from the cosmic dust through chaotic process involving gaseous stages before turning into solid to form different universe bodies. Earth happened to fall within the Goldilocks zone where life building blocks or chemicals can be propagated at the right condition that gave rise to different organism that evolves into other forms. You exist and die like the animals you eat on daily bases or plants if you are a vegan.

Observable! Can I have the video link then? cheesy
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by chy22(m): 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
all4naija:
Life is a process of different chemical formations which all things come to evolve in stages to what we see to day. Life is not about humans alone but everything that exhibit one or more characteristics of what fall under bio phenomenon. Why earth existence is by chance after forming from the cosmic dust through chaotic process involving gaseous stages before turning into solid to form different universe bodies. Earth happened to fall within the Goldilocks zone where life building blocks or chemicals can be propagated at the right condition that gave rise to different organism that evolves into other forms. You exist and die like the animals you eat on daily bases or plants if you are a vegan.

And where did the cosmic dust come from.
Where did consciousness come from
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by blym4real: 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
all4naija:

See your life. Where does the cosmic dust and gases come from?
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Kay17: 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
tevinsolt:
when I started college as a bio science major, I started to question some of the things I have read myself from the bible, I figured I will be doing my self a great disservice if there's no God and I keep spending my time on meaningless things to please this "God". The more I searched, I realized my five senses are the only things I have to understand the world around me. but if there's no God i do I know I can trust my five senses to tell me what's true and what's not. And in all my observation, life is always a product of life never have I seen life coming from none life. I'm still searching, but in all intellectual honesty, If a does God exists, the Judeo-christian God is the most plausible explanation for our existence.

But that's what Gods are for. They create life and things. All Gods are relevant in that respect.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Adwexky(m): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Try and clarify this.
Kay17:
Most of the interviewees could not wrap their minds around the possible absence of a Creator, a purpose provider. God to them does not only satisfy the existence of the universe, but more importantly their own existences. So if God becomes absent, their lives become meaningless.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:
Google is your friend.

I don't need Google. I studied American history since I was in primary school. And one thing every American child knows is the famous "separation of church and state" coined by one of the fathers of the country, and author of the Declaration of Independence.... Thomas Jefferson. Who was disgusted by the vagaries and inconsistencies of Christianity. Very vocal about it, he was.

Do you know why those colonists fled from Europe? Religious persecution for their beliefs. They were determined that religion would have absolutely nothing to do with their new government.

So, no. America is not, was never, and never will be, a Christian country. In fact, the Treaty of Tripoli signed and passed unanimously by the Senate in 1796, says just that, in blunt English:

"The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Maybe you should take a look at Google.

12 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by tevinsolt: 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:

But that's what Gods are for. They create life and things. All Gods are relevant in that respect.

sorry I don't get what you mean by "All Gods are relevant in that respect."
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Emmalot121(m): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:

He he he .
Christian values my bottom.

Christian values like stealing land from the native people and killing them off?
Christian values like deliberately using small pox to wipe out native populations?
Christian values like hundreds yrs of slavery of the African people?
Christian values like racial discrimination that involved state sponsored lynchings and burning of Black Christian churches?

Christian values like invading and destroying smaller nations for their resources?

Wow!
Bravo for strong christian values.
No I know what christian values stand for.
A bit tricky post. An ectomorph can have some characteristics of endomorphs. Though they might have committed crimes against humanity then, its nothing to what we have now. Though they might have been wayward then, its nothing as compared to what we have now. A nation with Christian values is very likely to sin, but it will be nothing compared to when its without it.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
blym4real:

See your life. Where does the cosmic dust and gases come from?
We are talking about existence and earth. What you are saying is another stage entirely. That is not the question. That is why regionists are seen as not smart.
Re: What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? by davien(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
Emmalot121:
Don't blackmail me with the use of 'g' for my God cos according to the bible, there are billions of gods on earth, you are one of them
I'd prefer not to be called a "god"
As for your source of morals, its shaky, as far as I'm concerned, the world order is trying to reduce the population of the world, through using of lab cultured viruses like AIDs and Ebola, killing children long before they are born, causing unnecessary wars, like that in Libya, after the toppling of Gadaffi.
I once held the same conspiracy theories you do...the fact is that those who spread them are motivated by propaganda...
Alex jones...an example of a conspiracy theorist,also believes what you wrote above...he uses his show to sell "anti-GMO seeds" and the likes...he is also promoting the de-fluorination of water reserves on ridiculous over hyped sources.

The history of the world has also being that of bloodshed e.g. Muslim jihad, holocaust, the great world wars. In fact, christianity brought about the development of our morals and end of dictatorship.
I only need to open exodus 21 to present your statement as false...
Exodus 21 advocates slavery...
Even still,christianity was also a bloody affair back then....with the trial and execution of people based on heresy and witchcraft.
Since evolution began to be taught in place of genesis, we have seen the great slide in the morals of the west, up to the point of women moving in the streets of America without ordinary pants.
From the bolded I can deduce you to be a creationist...
And what does women's fashion have to do with the theory of evolution?
You said God rules by inflicting fear, I still wonder and ponder on what viable option the perverse mankind lives Him with.
Perhaps you mistake someone else's comment for mine here.
Just a few years without this fear in America, the whole place is upside down.
I don't get you...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

RCCG Pastor: "Dangote Will Not Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / The Professional Names Of Our Lord Jesus Christ The Saviour Of The Whole World / What Can I Eat During White Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.