Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

My Experience With Racists. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Racists. (33216 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Racists. by pinkycute(f): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Deadly undecided
quantumphysics:
u dey russiaa!!!!!!………… how d snow
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Afam4eva(m): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
cap28:

And for those saying racism in Canada is not so bad - don't worry your nigga wake up call will be coming very soon.

There's racism everywhere but Canada is one of the least racist places in the world.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by nnasino(m): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
quantumphysics:
fresh off the boat
thanks
Re: My Experience With Racists. by 50calibre(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

I'm good, brother.

This is why I keep campaigning against the emasculation of black men. A lot of these modern day metrosexuals are soft! grin

What happened to him is just normal and it happens everyday, when folks don't know how to mind their business, begging for acceptance everywhere, while trying to lick white people's faeces. grin

Lool true talk!! I can't count how many times I've seen Nigerian folks who just moved to the UK, try too hard to integrate with white people.

They go to clubs and desperately try to pull but end up getting shut down multiple times. Soon they start seeing things for what they're not.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Coolguy89(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Racism is bad,its one of d biggest world Problem dat is yet to be tackle sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
sukkot:
if na old black man would you go out of your way to greet him ? am sure the answer is no. na ya inferiority complex kill you bros. me myself i dey bone every oyinbo wey i see. na dem dey come approach me to come start chat. just the other day i was at the train station. i just see this older oyinbo man and hin dog dey stroll towards my direction. na hin i change direction move further down towards the platform. i no wan make some id-iot dey start empty conversation about weather with me. this crazy old oyinbo man follow me reach end of the platform sha shocked come begin strike conversation. had no choice but to engage him. turned out to be a nice eccentric man. but the point is, that is how you deal with oyinbo cheesy

Did you just say inferiority complex? I'm friendly and greet everyone I see irrespective of your skin colour. Thanks tho! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
ireneony:
nairalanders, this was the same op that insulted me all becos I told him marrying a white woman is not idea. op, u see no matter what u will always be seen as a nigggah to the white man. happy enjoyment with your white girlfriend

hahahaha
gringringrin

What?! When and where did this happen? Are you serious right now?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by sukkot: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
let this naija guy show you how to deal with racists in London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhstGoRszM

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
50calibre:

Lool true talk!! I can't count how many times I've seen Nigerian folks who just moved to the UK, try too hard to integrate with white people.

They go to clubs and desperately try to pull but end up getting shut down multiple times. Soon they start seeing things for what they're not.

Lol, even in Uni. I remember a lot of them used to run after white friends, rather than integrate with the black people, and get acquainted with what the black experience is like. Learn from that, and use that as a tool for relations with other people.grin You see them taking pictures with white people, like they've arrived, till they get their wake up call. That ish used to be hysterical, I tell ya.

Racism is here to stay. But what happened to this guy is just normal. That's why when you're in an area dominated by white people, they don't even need to tell you that the back of the bus is where you should sit, and mind ya own business. Acting like a chatty old white woman won't get you anywhere on these streets. grin

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by cap28: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Afam4eva:

There's racism everywhere but Canada is one of the least racist places in the world.

I can assure you that if this same guy greeted someone of another ethnic group at a bus stop anywhere in Nigeria he would not get this kind of nasty treatment.

Racism against blacks only exists in countries where Europeans/white americans have some sort of political, economic or cultural control.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
seangy4konji:
I no gree support racism but if to say where u deh go important?you for mind your own business and face wetin carry u go America.

You wan gain chieftancy title for greetings(she o fe je oye akinipa ni?)

Oga mind ur own business and u no go get insult.

Lol grin Thanks bro. That's what was on my mind but the first set of Canadians I had interactions with were just super-friendly. You can't bone face from morning to night without at least a Canadian greeting and making you smile. It's just the few ignorant ones that are racist.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
traware:
Good to know.If a person doesn't like you,they'll surely be others that will even if you don't give a rats' ar.se about them.There's absolutely no need to force yourself on others.Is life supposed to be easy?Even if it was,would it be worth living?I tire

Wait till he becomes a victim of proper racism. grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Afam4eva:

If you replace the two white Canadians with Black people, what will you call them? I'm not saying that there are no racist but it seems to me that some black people have become experts at calling anyone of another race who does something bad to them racist. Could it be that thjose two moronic dingbats are just sadists? How did you conclude that they are racist if you couldn't hear what they were saying. Obviously they were talking about you two, that is why when you sat beside them in the bus, they were too ashamed to remain there and so they had to change their sits. But before you call someone racist, you need ti have a concrete evidence. I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

You're pretty right!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Not only Racism,some of the white folks thinks we blacks from Africa all have Ebola.that's what most of us is facing right now in Germany

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
tinyanosa:
Don't iet the attitude of certain people change the loving and caring person you are,use the goodness inside you to rise above it all...

Thanks so much, sis.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by GooseBaba: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
sukkot:
let this naija guy show you how to deal with racists in London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhstGoRszM

Dammuuu...! Case closed..!!!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Goldenboy007(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
The bitter truth is that racism cannot be eradicated ! Its not a white or black thing, its an orientation which had been woven into the human fabric ! Apart racial discrimination, we as individuals have discriminated against others based on different sentiments. As long as you have ever judged others based on tribe, religion, gender, etc. You are also guilty ! Back to Racism - its common here in US too. They may not make it so obvious but you will know it is there. For me I know its not everybody, so if I say hello and you don't answer me I move to the next person. I don't blame them, I blame those who made our own country inhabitable ! Nevertheless try attending a big man's party in Lagos or Abuja, if uou are a nobody, you will see another form of class discriminations too. Its life !

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
Phantomine:

I still don't get it how racism bothers people! undecided How can I be bothered abt other people's ignorance? The fact that you were infuriated seems to me as if you treasured his approval of who you are. Racism to me is effectively the same as Tribalism; which we Nigerians face and dishes out to each other everyday. An average Nigerian sees that Igbo boy as 'Nna boy' or 'Yanmirin' and he calmly faces this everyday on the streets of Lagos without even giving a hoot. Same with the average Yoruba boy deridely called an 'Yoruba boy' on the streets of Aba or Enugu, or do we start mentioning the several derogatory names an average Hausa is called all across Nigeria. All na all, tribalism is effectively another form of racism. If u can ignore the rubbish here in Naija, u can effectively ignore it there in Canada. You don't need a white man's approval of who you are. Learn from Dani Alves of Barca; they threw him a banana at the corner flag to taunt his race, he calmly bent down; pick up the banana and ate it in d face of their ignorance while he promptly took the corner kick that eventually led to a goal. They never threw another banana again. grin

LOL! Thanks bruh. cheesy
Re: My Experience With Racists. by 50calibre(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Afam4eva:

If you replace the two white Canadians with Black people, what will you call them? I'm not saying that there are no racist but it seems to me that some black people have become experts at calling anyone of another race who does something bad to them racist. Could it be that thjose two moronic dingbats are just sadists? How did you conclude that they are racist if you couldn't hear what they were saying. Obviously they were talking about you two, that is why when you sat beside them in the bus, they were too ashamed to remain there and so they had to change their sits. But before you call someone racist, you need ti have a concrete evidence. I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

And if you replace the OP & his black friend with two white people, do you think those guys would have acted the same?

The fact remains we can't conclude either way if it was racism or not. Racism comes in various shapes & sizes, it couple range from mild to extreme.

Tales of racism has made black people very sensitive, even something as trivial as a magazine cover could be seen as promoting racial prejudice so I understand why the OP feels that way after all, what comes first to your head when a white person snobs your greeting, moves away from you & starts laughing at you with another white person.

Whatever transpired there as well as the motive, I don't know!! My issue with the OP is why couldn't he just mind his business?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by blakky97(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
angelo82:

You are at fault here.....Why do you have to say hi to strangers?.....Even if you are going to say hi to him,you need to watch out for the friendly signal.....What you experience is not racism......I wouldn't like a total stranger to greet me that way....Simple hi is welcome and not all that your.......
#My tots# he called for the BS he got. Should have seen it coming.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Raxxye(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Racism is bad and much talked about, and so is tribalism which is so very common in Nigeria. Some people can't just hide their dislike whenever they meet people from a tribe they don't quite cherish!
It is very common in Southern Nigeria(I've never lived elsewhere so I wouldn't know the situation in other parts). Some people just feel they are smarter and better than others by virtue of where they come from and hence treat others with disdain!
Our voices must be against racism, tribalism and all forms of discrimination!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by sukkot: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

Did you just say inferiority complex? I'm friendly and greet everyone I see irrespective of your skin colour. Thanks tho! smiley
[b]i strongly doubt that. i know many people like you. especially those who try so hard to integrate with other cultures. you usually hate your own. if you loved your own, and especially with all the killing of black men recently by white men, if you loved your own you would never ever say hi to a white man unless of course he says hi first, then you have no choice but to respond. trayvon martin, izzell ford, the 12 year old boy in cleveland, the brown guy in ferguson, the black guy who got choked to death in new york etc etc. a race war is brewing. if you dont see the white man as the enemy at this juncture in history then you must be one of em ' i hate myself ' kinda niggaz. the revolution is here. all these cops that killed black men ? guess what ? white people all over the world started donating money to them. you see ? they are donating money to any white man who has the balls to kill a niggaz. the revolution is here. that white man is your enemy. you gone learn the hard way or the easy way. the choice is yours[/b]

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Dreyl(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
When i was still in Uk i don't roll with the white guys,infact i don't have a friend there,unless the white dude i met at the cinema he was a kinda jovial and party freak with lots of funny stories he usually tell me about britain.sometimes you just have to mind your business and move on because nobody gives a hoot about you,maybe now you have learnt your lesson you won't be sliding over things.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by sukkot: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
GooseBaba:

Dammuuu...! Case closed..!!!
lol he knocked the pride out of that racist prick grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by cap28: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Eastern European immigrant to Nigerian man on tube: "You guys have a problem because you used to be a slave" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxTkhG3K99k

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Afam4eva:

Agreed! It's one of the friendliest countries, if not the friendliest in the world. Only few are ignorant

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Ahmeduana(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
topcube:
If only Africans can prove they are God made by loving one another (genuine love I mean), may be we can convince them that there are no Superior being except God Almighty
YES GENUINE LOVE! NOT THE TYPE OF pdp & apc LOVE! NOT THE LOVE OF if you catch am kill am, if you no fit catch am make you matchet im leg!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by dustydee: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
It may be that you had bad breath or body odor. If I sat near someone and he left his seat, I may feel bad but it also means that I have more space to play around. If he said something nasty to you, then you have every reason to be angry but by your account, you really haven't proven that t was racist but then I may be wrong cos you experienced it.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
sukkot:
lol he knocked the pride out of that racist prick grin

You know we don't play that shiit out here in the belly of the beast! grin

We always handle our business like Flavour Flav's clock - we are rowdy as fvck. grin
Re: My Experience With Racists. by BadSamaritan(m): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Well, I work in a rig. And more than 40% of the people there are whites. They're all friendly and chatty. Even when you're not in the mood for the small talks. Always saying "hello buddy" when they sit close to you.

This gets me thinking... Are they always like this or is it because they're here in Naija?

Though there's one who I can vouch for his sincerity. That one eats pidgin like no man's business. He's the only whitey who eats Jollof rice or eba at the canteen.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by GooseBaba: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
cap28:

I can assure you that if this same guy greeted someone of another ethnic group at a bus stop anywhere in Nigeria he would not get this kind of nasty treatment.

Racism against blacks only exists in countries where Europeans/white americans have some sort of political, economic or cultural control.

The highlighted part right there is what I consider racism. To deliberately deny me such mobility because of my skin tone.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

I'm sorry for being me, I tend to greet people I know and don't know a lot. ...little words/greeting can have a positive effect on your mood.
pls continue with this attitude , its warm . the truth is racism can never end , No it can never . one dude said smething sometime , he said we africans dont get the picture yet , talking down your fellow black man , insulting him dont make you superior , it leaves you with the inferior mentality instead . The white man will keep laughing at this folly as you have seen him as superior. its best we embrace ourselves for who really are and it starts with the right thinking . its a good thing to be well travelled but in whatever you do , contribute your qouta to where you coming from .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

50 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In 2016 / Read This When You’re Tired Of Everything / What's A Question You Hate When People Ask You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.