Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

My Experience With Racists. - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Racists. (33251 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
majekdom2:
thats why shagamu is different from the western world . majority of people here greet even if they dont know you it gives a good mood atimes and makes some people feel better . it is never bad to help if you can .

God bless you!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:
Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..
Racism is just an excuse for intolerance...We have enophobia amongst blacks/ Tribalism among nationals/ Religious differences inter tribally and even social class complexes which crosses these different classes. The other day, some Ikoyi girl got up and walked out on me during a clinic consulatation, cos she wanted to see my boss. Some day later she saw me in her luxurious flats in Ikoyi and she looked at me like, what's this commoner doing in a luxury pad here. If she were white, i'd have said she's rascist no doubt
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
50calibre:

Ok!! In that case, you should develop a tougher skin because you're definitely going to meet more of those type of people.

Right! Thanks bro.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
pinkycute:
Nah oversabi dey worry am nahhhhh undecided embarassed nah him do friend pass
you see the problem we having , the dude has been insulted just because he greeted a stranger . does these insults now make you superior or has turned you to a white person or will make you not to face racism . wake up , this is a reason racism will never end .your metality is sick . a dude tried to ask for advices and opinion , he gets insult . have you checked on foreign websites like nairaland , yes , you have internet bashers but not compared with the kind on Nl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
queebeediva:
My brother sorry ooo. Blacks are tags as evil people and somhow they tag themselves by themselves due to the evil device some of them engages but notwisthstanding we Africans should shun racist and show more love together in peace we will bloat out those evil practics.

You've said it all! smiley But not all black guys are criminal/evil, not all white people are racist.

We should just learn to tolerate each other.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
seangy4konji:
Na true u talk. When it's as if someone die for weh one no go even greet one person but as d level be?a lot of frustrated people on the street irrespective of origin so sometimes u go look face and greet happy ones who go gladly return d greeting instead of who are ready to transfer hate to.

Right bro! smiley
Re: My Experience With Racists. by cap28: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
queebeediva:
My brother sorry ooo. Blacks are tags as evil people and somhow they tag themselves by themselves due to the evil device some of them engages but notwisthstanding we Africans should shun racist and show more love together in peace we will bloat out those evil practics.
Why do you say we tag ourselves with evil, do you think this guy deserved to be racially abused and insulted by this dirty white who.re and her kids for no reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyc7NBflLdI

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
seangy4konji:
I no gree support racism but if to say where u deh go important?you for mind your own business and face wetin carry u go America.

You wan gain chieftancy title for greetings(she o fe je oye akinipa ni?)

Oga mind ur own business and u no go get insult.
people make friend in different ways and have got different personalities. he gotta move on nt change his attitude.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
tinyanosa:
Don't iet the attitude of certain people change the loving and caring person you are,use the goodness inside you to rise above it all...
I love you will the love of God , thanks for this post.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
majekdom2:
people make friend in different ways and have got different personalities. he gotta move on nt change his attitude.

Exactly, I can't stop being me because of one bad experience. With some comments here, people scolding me for greeting strangers is just lame as it sounds.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
Truckpusher:
Hehe grin
The spade forgot his place and got shown how they are treated. grin

Oya ,where are those Nigerians that are more American than the Americans themselves?
Come and tell us the torture you go through even as you curse your motherland shege grin
Lemme not also forget our lonely Londoners in here, apart from Sir 'Shymexx' that has been tested and trusted tongue
Please tell us the subtle emotional torture you pass through just to remain sane grin

Shymexx enlighten me please,it's been long I witnessed racism because my travels these days are usually based on the job schedule and in there, no face for faces grin
if naija develop small , sir shymexx self go run come naija.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Afam4eva:

Don't mind them. Nigerians are very hypocritical. there's hardly any Nigerian that does not have something negative to say about other tribes but will go abroad and start claiming racism everywhere as if they give an award to whoever receives the most racism.
thats why nigerians need to change the thinking , it starts with advocating that on a forum like this .
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Truckpusher(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
majekdom2:
if naija develop small , sir shymexx self go run come naija.
Hehe ,see as yanga dey dey trouble wan go wake am.

I no dey house oh cheesy
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
walemoney007:
o ga o,dey will kill u just because u are a black man.if i dey dat country i go kill dem gan o,cos nah lebe i go dey put for small bag
lols , I cant but laugh.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by kelechiMarie(f): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
nosike3:
your siggy cracked me up!! Parents are so mean sometimes!!
thanks grin
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, even in Uni. I remember a lot of them used to run after white friends, rather than integrate with the black people, and get acquainted with what the black experience is like. Learn from that, and use that as a tool for relations with other people.grin You see them taking pictures with white people, like they've arrived, till they get their wake up call. That ish used to be hysterical, I tell ya.

Racism is here to stay. But what happened to this guy is just normal. That's why when you're in an area dominated by white people, they don't even need to tell you that the back of the bus is where you should sit, and mind ya own business. Acting like a chatty old white woman won't get you anywhere on these streets. grin
lols @ seat at the back of the bus , even as we claim there is tribalism in NIGERIA , no one tells you where to sit in a public transport or stabs you as a foreigner in lagos. The fact is they see most blacks as parasites , coming to feast on their resources.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by sukkot: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
RaptorX:
All hail lord Obadiah, please tell these heathens what time it is, if a racist white cop kill a black man in the US now, millions of dollars will be donated to him by whites from all over the world. Even a cop wannabe like Zimmerman got tons of cash from whites all over the world.
lol that shyttt is amazing to me. kill a niggaz and become a millionaire. thats real hate cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Goldenboy007:
The bitter truth is that racism cannot be eradicated ! Its not a white or black thing, its an orientation which had been woven into the human fabric ! Apart racial discrimination, we as individuals have discriminated against others based on different sentiments. As long as you have ever judged others based on tribe, religion, gender, etc. You are also guilty ! Back to Racism - its common here in US too. They may not make it so obvious but you will know it is there. For me I know its not everybody, so if I say hello and you don't answer me I move to the next person. I don't blame them, I blame those who made our own country inhabitable ! Nevertheless try attending a big man's party in Lagos or Abuja, if uou are a nobody, you will see another form of class discriminations too. Its life !
does this match up , people show class in every society , its different from denying you some things because of your skin color and then give the same to another who is in the same class with you . why you go go party wey dem no invite you .

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by seangy4konji: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Don't quote me please
majekdom2:
Re: My Experience With Racists. by DICKtator: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
nnasino:
what's. FOB?
A derogatory way of saying a person just arrived a foreign,especially oversea place.
Means fresh off the boat(FOB)
if an African American refers to you as this,ensure you show him/her your flight ticket,letting him/her know that you travelled via air,prolly with first class, and treated like a king unlike their forefathers who are the authentic FOB peeps!!!
If it were a whigger that said such,place your earpiece in your ears and play track number 6 "Mama said I should knock you out" by LL Cool J and diligently follow the instructions of the song!!!
Good luck!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by sukkot: 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Nah blud, Londonistan rules all. Ya accent is moist up North. grin

I still don't take mandem from Manny, Notty, and Brum seriously cos of the weird accent. grin

You don't stand in man's face out here, and chat shiit...you'll get knocked the fvck out.
lmao trust me the black man dem accent up north is not like the typical northern accent. and london boys always gotta say ' yeah ' every second. ahhh well. truth be told any black man in any part of england in the hood will knock you down if you chat shytttt. they like black americans. they operate on instincts. act first and think later. is why i give most black people out here a wide berth. i aint got time for dem kinda troubles. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
bros na u cos am for urself, even here in Nigeria u will greet some people but they will not even reply u,as e dey here na so e dey Yankee.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by sukkot: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

You know many people like me? You don't even know me. Well, an eye for an eye will make the world blind. Thanks anyways.
you cant love a man who dont love you. its common sense bruv. wink

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
BadSamaritan:
Well, I work in a rig. And more than 40% of the people there are whites. They're all friendly and chatty. Even when you're not in the mood for the small talks. Always saying "hello buddy" when they sit close to you.

This gets me thinking... Are they always like this or is it because they're here in Naija?

Though there's one who I can vouch for his sincerity. That one eats pidgin like no man's business. He's the only whitey who eats Jollof rice or eba at the canteen.
yea , these kind of guys are warm ... the foreign guys on platforms . the work onthere is all about teamwork . if you are a racist , you cant fit in . if every situation , or means to make a living requires teamwork , I am sure racism will not exist , sadly it is not . Majority in the energy industry are warm , friendly and nice tho .... I can say its the nature of the job and OP personality is one they look for. thats why I said earlier different people with diferent personalities.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by LORETA: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
to me.......well all my time i was in poland and spain and short time in japan,.. i never experience it personally...but the truth was that i wasnt looking out for racist ,so maybe that was why i didn't experience it.some of my friends that hardly go out will be in their small room shouting that polish/spanish people are racist..but what baffles me is that, i am the one who goes out from cities to cites visiting friends but never come home and shout about racist............you know some people don't like mixing up and get along with people with color difference(even among Nigerians ourself)........pls i do not deny the fact there are racist but it is not as bad as some people say it.i am talking from my own experience.MIND YOU
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
sukkot:
you cant love a man who dont love you. its common sense bruv. wink

Oh well!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
GooseBaba:

Bros, don't be fooled. We had a resident Irish man named "koloyinbo" on NL. The guy sabi different naija slangs and had a Nigerian fiancee. But he still felt superior to the black man. Despite the fact that he is a fuvking Irish man...

Don't be fooled. They are here to hustle. And they know how to play the game...
ofcourse , he may see himself as superior but it does not mean he relates like a racist . there are things racists would do , he would not do . even in nigeria a man may see himself as superior but it wont stop him from relating ideally with the common man.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by gneisss: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
majekdom2:
a reason there is racism is because of that guys post . he feels so good to have used that mans flaws as an example on here , if it were a white man that asked for some favor after he greeted am sure he may have seen it as an achievement. we just gotta change this kind of mentality.

inferior complex is our biggest problem... u see all this stupid white working here and u see the number of security personnel attached to dem...some of our security guys even flog people jus to let those mofo's pass.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by MsNas(f): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na here dem go find you grin
Re: My Experience With Racists. by LORETA: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
@ pinkycute(f)...hmmm you want return so fast because of racist....what do you study there?
Re: My Experience With Racists. by cap28: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
majekdom2:
yea , these kind of guys are warm ... the foreign guys on platforms . the work onthere is all about teamwork . if you are a racist , you cant fit in . if every situation , or means to make a living requires teamwork , I am sure racism will not exist , sadly it is not . Majority in the energy industry are warm , friendly and nice tho .... I can say its the nature of the job and OP personality is one they look for. thats why I said earlier different people with diferent personalities.

Those white parasites working as engineers in Nigeria are warm and friendly because they are making money and living like kings in your own country, they are doing the jobs that are meant for Nigerians and earning 4 times the salary paid to a Nigerian, who wouldn't be warm and friendly in such a situation?

do you think you can work in their own country and earn 4 times the salary of a white person? blacks on average who work and live in the west earn less than their white counterparts and yet whites still don't want them in their country, imagine how they would behave if you earned more than them and lived like a king in their own country?

Most whites are racist scum and believe that no black person should ever earn more money than them or have a better life than them.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Truckpusher(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
quantumphysics:

chaii..... so dis is wat dey go through.... kips sippin my orijinn*****
What racism does to your psyche is unimaginable.
And as soon as you begin to accept your fate you're indirectly without knowing it building a great animosity inside you against society and the people around you and the worse and harshest of all your frustrations you would always save for the leaders of your motherland.

How I managed to live all that time without me attempting to kill Obasanjo,Yaradua,Odili,Atiku etc eact time I come home was a miracle - Because I was almost blaming them for not creating the enabling environment that would give us some sense of pride and dignity let's see who would want to visit each other.
I blamed them for not building our infrastructures ,I blamed them for everything and the pains and sorrows begins to weigh on me and started eating me up and I became one bitter boy just like most them here in NL. grin

The worst time of your life as a young Nigerian in diaspora is when you're about to land in Murtala mohamed International airport the reality on ground hits you in the face even before you land as you begin to see the grey roof scattered everywhere and the farm-like open countryside showcasing the shame of a nation,everywhere is like one big slum,the chaos as you are being driven home is something that would bring out all the anger in you and make you hate the leadership of this country even more.

When you finally land in Lagos airport then comes the custom and their wahala ,seizing almost anything that catches their fancy, one even seized pepper spray that I bought for my younger sister...smh
Then you get to your humble abode where your family have carved out a nice niche for themselves and before you could say 'jack robinson' power is out - welcome to Nigeria grin

Then you sit back for some few days feeling foreign until you quietly assimilate back into the society you know better grin tongue

Omo! as I finish with wetin carry me go there , na so I come here come sit down - No transfer No leave till death.
I refused to pass through such subtle emotional humiliation because of my color - I'll rather remain in my poor country and slug it out with the Yorubas,Hausa/Fulani and the Igbos at least they look like me, their insults I can tolerate without feeling humiliated.For those that have developed thick skin to remain there you're good to go......All is well

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ghost Caught On CCTV In UK / What's A Question You Hate When People Ask You? / Six Die In Fatal Accident In Anambra - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.