Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala (33459 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by todayguest(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
" Imitate me as I imitate Christ Jesus." said Paul.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by plaetton: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Beey:
We are just discussing on a public forum & everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.So I don't understand why you are catching feelings as it is evidenced by your language.Actually am a madam not sir.My opinion is that even the prophets & the likes of David who was said to be a man after the heart of God commuted adultery & still God said David was a man after His heart. Moses wwho saw God with his eyes was a sinner who not only commited murder but also struck the rock instead of speaking to the rock.Abraham a friend of God lied about Sarah not being his wife.The list could go on & on but what am trying yo say is that Paul with flesh & blood running through his veins was not different from these great men that God used.He preached the Gospel of Christ & many were converted.Regardless of what his failures might have been,Paul served God & was a folloower of Christ as He introduces himself in the book of Romans 1:1. The rest is secondary or rather irrelevant.
Sorry madam,
But are you still saying that it is okay to use DECEPTION and CUNNING to spread what are supposed to be the simple and TRUE words of god? shocked
In other words, you are still saying the simple true words of Jesus are insufficient and therefore needs to be complimented and supplimented by Deception and Cunning such as was employed by Paul?

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by cuteniva: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
blym4real:
i can see you are a muslim, I will also refer you to this two books;
1.who is this Allah?
2. Anatomy of the quaran.
seconded
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
todayguest:
" Imitate me as I imitate Christ Jesus." said Paul.

Paul wanted people to follow him instead of following Christ:

1 Corinthians 4:16King James Version (KJV)

"Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me."

As opposed to what Christ said:

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

I can see here that many of you are Paul followers and yet you call yourself Christians.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by dadde(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dear Christian folks, it not enough to call Mr. Aribisala, all sorts of names. We need to defeat his deception with the word of truth and reason.

I have read many articles written by Aribisala and I have discovered that he needs to tarnish Christ and Christianity to get fame.

Haven said that, it's is necessary I put up an explanation.

I promise to present a cogent explanation. My xplanation may not go well with everyone but it ll go a long way.

I WILL BE BACK

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by ProfChris10(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
Op you're just confusing yourself, All scripture is given by inspiration of God. Just pray for understanding, OK?

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by pak: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
MissGdope:
When people read single verses in the bible, they read out of context. Sometimes you have to read the whole chapter to understand the context. Don't let people tell you what is in the bible. Read for yourself because Satan knows the word too so if u don't know for yourself, he can twist the word to confuse you

Thanks dear for your response.

The writers foolishness knows no bounds !

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by tbaba1234: 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
cuteniva:
seconded

blym4real:
i can see you are a muslim, I will also refer you to this two books;
1.who is this Allah?
2. Anatomy of the quaran.

Book 1, pure comedy. The author deliberately misrepresented facts and even lied about his references.

This book should be for comedy purposes only. It is tragic that people do not even do baaic research on his claims.

Book 2,Doubt he can tell me anything about the Quran, given that I have actually studied the book from more knowledgeable people.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by vooks: 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
This is the pedestrian m0ronic garbage spewed by Islam apologists

Was Paul circumcised?
Phil 3:5 (KJV) Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

TheRealMrStan:

4. Jesus himself was circumcised (Luke 2:21); but Paul says if we are circumcised we would be estranged from Christ (Galatians 5:2-4).

Read more: http://www.femiaribisala.com/12-articles-of-faith/paul/202-101-discrepancies-between-jesus-and-paul

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amhappy:
Femi said Christians must choose between Paul and Christ teachings. We are called Christians not Paulians so we have already made a choice. Paul is actually one of us,a great one at that. He even told us to look unto Christ the author and finisher of our faith. That said, we know Femi quoted Paul out of context. But even if there is any contradiction at all,Femi should not worry for the sheep hears the voice of the Master.

Any right thinking Christian should easily decipher Paul's anti Christian Doctrine. Don't blame Aribasala for Paul's malfeasance. Paul was in competition with Christ and he has succeeded in confusing many:

Galatians 4:14King James Version (KJV)

"And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus."

Christ says:

Matthew 24:4-5King James Version (KJV)

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by samuelezekiel(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
despite the glaring contradictions in the bible, people still believe in it.

can anyone be more gullible than this?

God forgive him for he knows not what he is saying.(Amen)

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by dollarlander: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

Read more: http://www.femiaribisala.com/12-articles-of-faith/paul/202-101-discrepancies-between-jesus-and-paul

Femi Aribisala is an end time Apostle of Jesus, God is taking him through the bible to be able to dissect and know the bible beyond human understanding. The the Lord will consecrate him with holy spirit in great dimension and be used mightly.

Apostle Aribisala God bless you sir for this wonderful job.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by ROYALD(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
ha
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Beey(f): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
[/color][color=#990000][color=][/color]
plaetton:

Sorry madam,
But are you still saying that it is okay to use DECEPTION and CUNNING to spread what are supposed to be the simple and TRUE words of god? shocked
In other words, you are still saying the simple true words of Jesus are insufficient and therefore needs to be complimented and supplimented by Deception and Cunning[color=#990000][/color] such as was employed by Paul?

No that's not what Iam saying.What Iam saying is that Christ teaching is the basis of the Christian faith.However, my understanding is that Paul as he himself said,was a follower of Christ according to Romans 1 & urged believers in 1 Cor 11, to follow him as he followed Christ.He might have had his failures being human, but my conclusion is that Paul was not preaching lies,he was preaching the risen Christ.You cannot just fault him based on a verse,you'd have to read the chapter & sometimes more than one chapter to understand why he said what he had said.It doesn't make sense for any man to die for something that he doesn't believe in.You hardly hear of people dying for their Momma but Paul was imprisoned & suffered greatly & eventually died because of preaching the Gospel of Jesus. If you read the entire chapter of Phillipians 1, you might get a hint of what am talking about. Phil 1:7b " You share with me the special favor of God,both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth about the Gospel." Phil 1: 13 "For everyone here including the whole palace knows that Iam in chains because of Christ." Phil 1:20 "I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ,whether I live or die." Based on these Scriptures I can confidently say that Paul was preaching the Gospel of Jesus & not his own Gospel.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by ManTiger(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
I now understand why the word "Silly" exist in dictionary with 2 Ls.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Then it means bible is fraud,erred because both words are in bible agaist each other
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by donsufia: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
Femi, Top of the day to you. I don't want to take you far, but realize that Christianity- the Church-started in the day of Pentecost (Acts 2).

But before then, all the Apostles including Jesus Christ operated under Judaism (The law)...I think you know what the subjects of the law meant

to the Israelite then. From point number 4 of yours above(talking about circumcision and non circumcision ), it was a very serious problem in the

early Church that led to the first Jerusalem council that was headed and chaired by James - Jesus' brother (read Acts 15:1-19,). Also read the

vision of Peter in Acts 11. Now if you calm down your attitude toward Paul and study his ministry carefully from the time of his conversion till his

death, you will realize that He was the greatest of the Apostles and a very intelligent as well, even Peter knew this and did not pick

offense with him. Remember he was the Apostle of the Gentile, and that the Gentiles - Greek philosophers- were very knowledgeable & difficult

to deal with, he always used high level of skills to penetrate these Greek philosophers.He even rebuked Peter while the later was eating with the Gentiles and pretended upon seeing Paul and Peter did not pick offense.

So my brother, before you understand this great man, you must be prayerful and humble in your spirit.Remember his advice to the Corinthian

brothers in 1 Cor 1:18-19? Know for sure that if Paul was an imposter to the gospel of Christ, there is no where he would have escaped

condemnation from other Apostles. God bless you for studying the word of God with sincere mind.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by babatgtr: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
there is no simple sense in comparing both of them. Pickn only one verse or a sentence from the bible with out readin the full chapter to knw reason behind of writn it is a big mistake, no how u will nt misinterpret d verse. In Paul letters paul always refer to Christ as his lord and saviour, Comparing paul and jesus together is lik comparin a potter and a pot together.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by plaetton: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Beey:
No that's not what Iam saying.What Iam saying is that Christ teaching is the basis of the Christian faith.However, my understanding is that Paul as he himself said,was a follower of Christ according to Romans 1 & urged believers in 1 Cor 11, to follow him as he followed Christ.He might have had his failures being human, but my conclusion is that Paul was not preaching lies,he was preaching the risen Christ.You cannot just fault him based on a verse,you'd have to read the chapter & sometimes more than one chapter to understand why he said what he had said.It doesn't make sense for any man to die for something that he doesn't believe in.You hardly hear of people dying for their Momma but Paul was imprisoned & suffered greatly & eventually died because of preaching the Gospel of Jesus. If you read the entire chapter of Phillipians 1, you might get a hint of what am talking about. Phil 1:7b " You share with me the special favor of God,both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth about the Gospel." 1 Phil 13 "For everyone here including the whole palace knows that Iam in chains because of Christ." Phil 1:20 "I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ,whether I live or die." Based on these Scriptures I can confidently say that Paul was preaching the Gospel of Jesus & not his own Gospel.

Correction.
Paul was not a follower of Jesus.
He never knew Jesus, never heard or learned the teachings of Jesus firsthand from the original disciples of Jesus, neither did he quote Jesus in his teachings.
His so-called encounter with Jesus is the type of bullshyte any conman can cook up.
Such alleged encounters are the bread and butter of conmen the world over since 10,000 BC. lol cheesy

And it is interesting that he himself is not shy about calling himself a conman.
And many conmen have indeed cooked up many many of such balonies before and after him.

So, the choice is a simple one for those that call themselves christians.
Who do you follow, Jesus or Pauline doctrine?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
dadde:

Dear Christian folks, it not enough to call Mr. Aribisala, all sorts of names. We need to defeat his deception with the word of truth and reason.

I have read many articles written by Aribisala and I have discovered that he needs to tarnish Christ and Christianity to get fame.

Haven said that, it's is necessary I put up an explanation.

I promise to present a cogent explanation. My xplanation may not go well with everyone but it ll go a long way.

I WILL BE BACK

It is troubling to note that many Nigerian self acclaimed Christians are not really interested in the the truth. They are more interested in regurgitated dogma and feel-good doctrines while ignoring or twisting the obvious. To many Nigerian Christians, if the Bible had said that Jonah swallowed the whale, they would have believed it.

James 1:26, “If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.”

Luke 22:65, “And they threw all sorts of terrible insults at him.”

Mathew 7:1 Judge not, that you be not judged.

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. (Proverbs 29:11, NIV)

Paul your hero said: But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips Colossians 3:8

Psalm 37:8
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
Kei144:

Without the insights given in Apostle Paul's writings, you can never be able to live like Jesus Christ. It is so cheap to talk about living like Jesus Christ; do the living practically and let us see.

Mt. 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Zec. 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.

Jesus made it clear that he did all the work that he did by the Spirit of God. Even the Old Testament declared that that is the way to go. Today you hear Christians preach that if you receive Jesus Christ, God will give you the Holy Spirit and you will become holy. After all the talk, which they learned from Europeans, how many Christians are really holy? If you study the writings of Apostle Paul very well, you will learn how to live by the Spirit.

Ro. 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, [Or is from faith to faith] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Ro. 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” [Deut. 30:14] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
Ro. 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Ro. 10:11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” [Isaiah 28:16]

It is from Apostle Paul that we learn that living like Jesus Christ is by faith. What is the meaning of "by faith"? He goes on to teach us that it is believing the promise of God and activating the promise by words of mouth. Anyone who believes God's promise and dares to activate the promise by word of faith will never be put to shame. Trusting in God's promise will make you to continue to speak the word of faith without giving up, until you see the desired result. Without reading the writings of Paul in the Bible, you can never live like Jesus Christ. The reason why Christians are so far away from being like Jesus is because they have not understood the writings of Apostle Paul.

2Pe. 3:15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom that God gave him.
2Pe. 3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by olowolekan(m): 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
This Femi of a man needs help.Honestly he doesn't understand the word of God.he quoted scripture independently to rubbish himself not the Word of God.Time to repent is now Femi because tomorrow may be too late.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Kei144:

Without the insights given in Apostle Paul's writings, you can never be able to live like Jesus Christ. It is so cheap to talk about living like Jesus Christ; do the living practically and let us see.

Mt. 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Zec. 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.

Jesus made it clear that he did all the work that he did by the Spirit of God. Even the Old Testament declared that that is the way to go. Today you hear Christians preach that if you receive Jesus Christ, God will give you the Holy Spirit and you will become holy. After all the talk, which they learned from Europeans, how many Christians are really holy? If you study the writings of Apostle Paul very well, you will learn how to live by the Spirit.

Ro. 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, [Or is from faith to faith] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Ro. 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” [Deut. 30:14] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
Ro. 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Ro. 10:11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” [Isaiah 28:16]

It is from Apostle Paul that we learn that living like Jesus Christ is by faith. What is the meaning of "by faith"? He goes on to teach us that it is believing the promise of God and activating the promise by words of mouth. Anyone who believes God's promise and dares to activate the promise by word of faith will never be put to shame. Trusting in God's promise will make you to continue to speak the word of faith without giving up, until you see the desired result. Without reading the writings of Paul in the Bible, you can never live like Jesus Christ. The reason why Christians are so far away from being like Jesus is because they have not understood the writings of Apostle Paul.

2Pe. 3:15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom that God gave him.
2Pe. 3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
Hey...talk 4 urslf...if some1 is confused abt christianity cos of apostle paul teachins, I said rather uphold jesus teachins ..it covas it all..n I wish jesus told us to wait 4 paul who wuld teach us hw to live lyk jesus....damn....hilarious
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by chiogoezubem(f): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
babatgtr:
there is no simple sense in comparing both of them. Pickn only one verse or a sentence from the bible with out readin the full chapter to knw reason behind of writn it is a big mistake, no how u will nt misinterpret d verse. In Paul letters paul always refer to Christ as his lord and saviour, Comparing paul and jesus together is lik comparin a potter and a pot together.

Paul wrote about 60 percent of the modern Bible. This 60 percent is replete with outlandish contradictions of Christ teachings. The rest are supplemented with lies. Romans 3:7 "If my lie is spreading the truth of God why am I judged a sinner."

Throughout his ministry the fact that Paul was a liar dogged him like snoop do*ggy dog.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by babatgtr: 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
plaetton:

Correction.
Paul was not a follower of Jesus.
He never knew Jesus, never heard or learned the teachings of Jesus firsthand from the original disciples of Jesus, neither did he quote Jesus in his teachings.
His so-called encounter with Jesus is the type of bullshyte any conman can cook up.
Such alleged encounters are the bread and butter of conmen the world over since 10,000 BC. lol cheesy

And it is interesting that he himself is not shy about calling himself a conman.
And many conmen have indeed cooked up many many of such balonies before and after him.

So, the choice is a simple one for those that call themselves christians.
Who do you follow, Jesus or Pauline doctrine?
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
U don't read d bible like u reading a novel. If the holyspirit doesn't open ur eyes of understanding to reveal what's in the scriptures, u are far from understanding what's in the bible. So don't come here trying to separate Jesus from paul. Paul was saved by God to preach the Gospel of God. His inspiration was from God so also was that of Christ. Its only an evil person that will want to twist the word and castigate the teachings of any of God's servants.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Beey(f): 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
dadde:

Haven said that, it's is necessary I put up an explanation.Very true. .Ther

I WILL BE BACK
I agree with you that this article us heresy.Paul himself in his introduction to the Romans says "Paul a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle & set apart for the Gospel of God." Who then are we to say he wasn't a followerof Jesus? In Philippians 1:20,He says "I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ whether I live or die.Who dies for something they don't believe in? Even suicide bombers are radicals in their faith & are willing to die for it.Besides the Bible says in Proverbs 30:6 " Do not add to His words it he'll prove you a liar".
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Beey(f): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
prettyboi1989:
U don't read d bible like u reading a novel. If the holyspirit doesn't open ur eyes of understanding to reveal what's in the scriptures, u are far from understanding what's in the bible. So don't come here trying to separate Jesus from paul. Paul was saved by God to preach the Gospel of God. His inspiration was from God so also was that of Christ. Its only an evil person that will want to twist the word and castigate the teachings of any of God's servants.
They are spreading heresy,rather a false doctrine.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Beey(f): 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
[/color]
Beey:
[color=#990000][/color][color=]No that's not what Iam saying.What Iam saying is that Christ teaching is the basis of the Christian faith.However, my understanding is that Paul as he himself said,was a follower of Christ according to Romans 1" Paul a servant of Christ Jesus,called to be an apostle & set apart for the Gospel if God". He urged believers in 1 Cor 11:1 "Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ." He might have had his failures being human, but my conclusion is that Paul was not preaching lies,he was preaching the risen Christ.You cannot just fault him based on a verse,you'd have to read the chapter & sometimes more than one chapter to understand why he said what he had said.It doesn't make sense for any man to die for something that he doesn't believe in.You hardly hear of people dying for their Momma but Paul was imprisoned & suffered greatly & eventually died because of preaching the Gospel of Jesus. If you read the entire chapter of Phillipians 1, you might get a hint of what am talking about. Phil 1:7b " You share with me the special favor of God,both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth about the Gospel." Phil 1: 13 "For everyone here including the whole palace knows that Iam in chains because of Christ." Phil 1:20 "I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ,whether I live or die." Based on these Scriptures I can confidently say that Paul was preaching the Gospel of Jesus & not his own Gospel.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
prettyboi1989:

The bible is not open to interpretation
- 2 Peter 1:20-21:
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost. KJV
◄ Revelation 22:16 ►

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And to think that Paul said that "God is not the author of confusion"! (I Corinthians 14:33)
Cross References
Deuteronomy 4:2
Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

Deuteronomy 12:32
See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

The Bible says what it means and means what it says. It states that “scripture cannot be broken” (John 10:35) and “Your [God’s] word is truth” (17:17). If we are to believe that the Bible is unbreakable truth, then we must believe that death means death and life means life! White is white and we do not need Holy Ghost to interprete the "unbroken truth." It is what it is. How sad that most do not understand these straightforward verses.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
blemon44:
Apostle Paul is a mare human

JESUS is our lord and savior so in him will i put all my trust

why will i obey a mare human,when my God Jesus christ has made it clear for me

As for me and my family we will serve the lord

and be slaves for ever. Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music) / T.B. Joshua Predicted Missing Airasia Flight QZ8501 / Wise Men From Synagogue Church Of All Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.