Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala (33512 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by peteregwu(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
I love apostle, he is also my model. But Jesus is my God. Is that a problem to you. I pray that God will make me like my beloved apostle paul in Jesus name , amen. Pls help me to say amen.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Rexyl(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
BlackPeni5:
Lovely topic. A thousand likes to the OP. These Are Pertinent questions Christians should answer...as for me, I only look at the first four books of the new testament. I.e Jesus pass them all.

OP interest in causing distractions is dead on arrival. All those verses he came up with are well explained and given meaning to in the Bible. Bible is not a book you can understand the message by reading in part. Read everything from Genesis to Revelations, let the Holy Spirit or someone who understands better interpret for you, you will get the facts about God's plan for salvation of mankind.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by ify84(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Prophet mohammed said there is heaven... Jesus also said there is heaven.... Does it mean two of them are sons of God....

Femi is only reasonable when he writes on political matter than on religious matter...
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Fourwinds: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dis person has very little or no knowledge about d Bible. Im not surprise because Nostrademus predicted all dis 500 years back. We are in d time of anti-christ. Dere must be a shake up on d faith of Christians.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by damilare001: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Femi Aribisala. You are sick!

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Fourwinds: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dis person has very little or no knowledge about d Bible. Im not surprise because Nostrademus predicted all dis 500 years back. We are in d time of anti-christ. Dere must be a shake up on d faith of Christians
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Anointedoj(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
De words of paul is not by commands but conscience
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by SunqieOlaT(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
End Time signs..
Well,writter I believe devil is trying to use to confuse the ppl of lil faith..I pray God open your eyes!

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by colored(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
hisableplc:
If a topic like dis could b written, shared, n hit fp den dis shows d chain of anti-christ cos d bible cant contradict Itself
the bible was written by humans, contradiction couldn't be far fetched. So quit sounding gullible
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Faraidi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
blemon44:
Apostle Paul is a mare human

JESUS is our lord and savior so in him will i put all my trust

why will i obey a mare human,when my God Jesus christ has made it clear for me

As for me and my family we will serve the lord
So, Jesus christ don't have flesh and blood? I think you are confused
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Aybee92(m): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
abhosts:
Only those who do not study their Bibles would fall for this out-of-context Trash.
thank u very much u said it all

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Mccullum: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
Christianity had derailed since Paul hijacked it from the desciples of christ while he crossed to Europe in Rome with his fake evangelism as he compromised every thing for the world power of that period, that was why the book of Bernabas was ignored because they can't accept the truth & genuine teaching of Jesus, since then they've been manupulating scriptures to suit themselves, which is still happening up till date, by allowing women to be pastor, acception of homosexual, ignoring of dressing codes for men & women, all in the name of getting large congregations because church is now industries... end of discussion illuminatists are the back bones of big churches of this planet.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
I always used to get into war of words wit ma lil bro on d bible...bt we later realised 1 thing...that Jesus came to give us an example of hw God wants us to live.....if only u find out y d bible was originally compiled...u'll kno wat shuld matter to u most is follow strictly Jesus preachings n u dnt need anythn else...His teachings covers it all......nothn's wrong wit d bible dnt get me wrong...bt if reading d bible lyk a story book wuld make u put into practise its main message, den dnt advance by seeing diff things wit d books of apostle paul...being a bible scholar wnt get u to heaven...u r 1st class candidate of heaven just living lyk christ

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Kei144(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
The issue really is choosing between the rendering of Jesus Christ by Europeans (gentiles) and the rendering of Jesus Christ by early disciples of Jesus Christ (who were Jews). The Europeans pushed the early Jewish disciples out of the Church and assumed leadership of the Church. Unfortunately, the Europeans did not have the culture of relationship with God, which the Jews had. Therefore, they could not understand some aspects of the Scripture written down by Jews. Being that Europe was already used to Greek philosophy, they applied these philosophies in the interpretation of Jewish Scripture. They therefore formed doctrines that were not in line with the Jewish Scripture.

Somebody like Femi A. now compares the Jewish Scripture written by Apostle with the European rendering of Jesus Christ and finds out that they are in disagreement. Having been brought up to believe that the European rendering is truth, he quickly concludes that Apostle Paul is contradicting (European rendering of) Jesus Christ.

As for me, I know that the rendering of Jesus Christ by the early Jewish disciples is the original. I will always choose Apostle Paul's teachings over the doctrines formed about Jesus Christ by Europeans and Arabs (Islam).

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by watchindelta(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
even the devil can confuse u with the bible but only if u wanna be confuse by him. grin grin grin be wise

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by kunletech: 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Those chapters he listed are not contraditing, he percieved the chapters with his physical senses.
u can only understand the bible by the help of the holy spirit. that is why the scripture said "some hear the word, but they understand not."
If he is interesting in understanding the scriptures, He should look for Good Pastor to baptize him with water and holy spirit.

He that is born of God, undersand things of the spirit.....GOD BLESS YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Osach: 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
(12) Jesus warns us to beware of thieves and robbers masquerading as pastors (John 10:1/8 ) ; but Paul admits to robbing churches in the name of receiving wages from them (2 Corinthians 11:8 ).

They already did.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by samuelite40: 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
I would do u the benefit of reading your article if you show to me in the bible where & when Apostle Paul expressly teaches about himself & not Christ or that you should obey him not Christ. God bless
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by 1stklazz(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
cold:
Confusion reigns supreme! But you can't blame them,even god can't seem to make up his mind who's in charge of the world. If it's the son he got during one of his sexual romps or his alter ego the devil.
abeg,english
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by bennysoundz: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oga pray to God for understanding insteaad of saying anything u like.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by An2elect2(f): 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Critics of the scriptures are always given something to criticise to keep them bound.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by billyG(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
I hav been wondering y most xtians ignore jesus teaching whom God snt 2 focus on paul a repentant persecutionist,an hellenist,who nver seen jesus nor hear frm him.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by olajide8(m): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
This man needs to be visited by the holy spirit - always looking for cheap publicity- he doesn't believe in christianity - he should shut up and keep his views to himself* paul father of some christian- "it simply means a certain group of christian worship or method!! , which could be the anglican, catholic faith or pentecostal shekena! And it doesn't serve as a yardstick for comparism*
Between paul and Jesus christ*

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oklander:
One thing is clear, all the verses up there are in the bible, reading it like that convey nothing less of contradiction and deception from Paul. However, you seem to say there are deeper or rather contextual meaning to that, my question to you is, if bokoharam kills and quote a verse from Qur'an and every other Muslim comes out to condemn them citing that they misconstrued and quoted the verse out of context, would you agree? would you approach in the sense you wrote above?

Seriously,it's better to read and understand than to take other people's word for it. You can't argue or agree with what people say about what is in the qu'ran or the bible if u don't read it for yourself. Read for yourself and confirm the truth. And to know the truth, u can't just read a verse. Read subsequent ones or the whole chapter to understand. That's my opinion
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by luckize: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by mbulela: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
This publicity monger has been given audience by Nl. This man has fundamental issues that needs to be addressed first.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Kei144(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
prinznazzy:
I always used to get into war of words wit ma lil bro on d bible...bt we later realised 1 thing...that Jesus came to give us an example of hw God wants us to live.....if only u find out y d bible was originally compiled...u'll kno wat shuld matter to u most is follow strictly Jesus preachings n u dnt need anythn else...His teachings covers it all......nothn's wrong wit d bible dnt get me wrong...bt if reading d bible lyk a story book wuld make u put into practise its main message, den dnt advance by seeing diff things wit d books of apostle paul...being a bible scholar wnt get u to heaven...u r 1st class candidate of heaven just living lyk christ

Without the insights given in Apostle Paul's writings, you can never be able to live like Jesus Christ. It is so cheap to talk about living like Jesus Christ; do the living practically and let us see.

Mt. 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Zec. 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.

Jesus made it clear that he did all the work that he did by the Spirit of God. Even the Old Testament declared that that is the way to go. Today you hear Christians preach that if you receive Jesus Christ, God will give you the Holy Spirit and you will become holy. After all the talk, which they learned from Europeans, how many Christians are really holy? If you study the writings of Apostle Paul very well, you will learn how to live by the Spirit.

Ro. 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, [Or is from faith to faith] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Ro. 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” [Deut. 30:14] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
Ro. 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Ro. 10:11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” [Isaiah 28:16]

It is from Apostle Paul that we learn that living like Jesus Christ is by faith. What is the meaning of "by faith"? He goes on to teach us that it is believing the promise of God and activating the promise by words of mouth. Anyone who believes God's promise and dares to activate the promise by word of faith will never be put to shame. Trusting in God's promise will make you to continue to speak the word of faith without giving up, until you see the desired result. Without reading the writings of Paul in the Bible, you can never live like Jesus Christ. The reason why Christians are so far away from being like Jesus is because they have not understood the writings of Apostle Paul.

2Pe. 3:15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom that God gave him.
2Pe. 3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by nora544: 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
MissGdope:
When people read single verses in the bible, they read out of context. Sometimes you have to read the whole chapter to understand the context. Don't let people tell you what is in the bible. Read for yourself because Satan knows the word too so if u don't know for yourself, he can twist the word to confuse you

That is what nigerian pastors like from the pentecost/charismatic movement read only one and only this one who is okay for their fake story.

Read your bible and than ask the pastor why he didnot read the next.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by BobNeli(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
blemon44:
Apostle Paul is a mare human

JESUS is our lord and savior so in him will i put all my trust

why will i obey a mare human,when my God Jesus christ has made it clear for me

As for me and my family we will serve the lord
This exces fufu consumer is already displaying his mumu by swallowing this trash line and sinker. Tufia! There's nothing u can not sale in Africa. Abeg, I want to change my Nationilism
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by gstoic: 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
That is how they get themselves confused and men of little faith

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by synergycom19: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
The writer is just confused and deluded,St Paul never equated himself with christ,because he said we should test every preacher/teacher to know if they represent GOD and follow JESUS teachings. Paul saidvthat we sould run the race looking onto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.
Femi must know the following
1,That Paul was a man
2,That paul was filled with the HOLY SPIRIT
3,That paul pupolarise The gospel
4,That paul mainly preach to the Gentiles.
5,That paul meet a lot of situations,challenges and obstacles from the increasing and diverse communities accepting the Gospel
6,Hope this writer will not accuse Mark gospel or Luke
May God expand you understanding

2 Likes

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Oyinprince(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
This Nigga doesn't even understand simple Biblical texts and he can open his big mouth to say ' What kind of Man of God is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? '

And some Nigerians were cheering up the dude?

Well, it seems when someone can open his mouth to talk trash against God's anointed, confusion is what follows him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? / Young Man Who Imitates David Oyedepo So Well At Shiloh 2016 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.