Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? (51285 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by stevoski059(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:
80k? seriously? that money can finish in my hands under 1hour
poverty is in ur blood line,thus the evidence.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Gbengais(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
It depends on the state you reside .. You can't earn that amount in lag and say u wanna get married.. Damn you go suffer ehn! A prudent man does not eat with his two hands .. After saving, what is left of 80k?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Truckpusher(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
dmahn:
This argument came up in my hostel when we started to discuss about the current job opportunities in the country and their salaries.. We then ventured into the banking sector sector in which a brother said those accountants collect just 80k per month... He said the money is so foolish and so low that he can't marry a wife with that amount of money.. I counter him and based my own argument on the fact that the money is manageable and I ll set up a marriage and start a life with it..Some agreed with my decision while others are like neva will they marry with data on d ground that it's to low to survive... I believed that everyone has its own philosophy of tot... My question is directed majorly to the graduated ones... . Based on the limited job opportunities and low salary for d available ones, Is 80k manageable to start a living or not...Pls comment with reasons.... Thanks
You can start but you need to hold on with child making - You don't want your kids to catch hell like you.Do you?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by tayolove12(m): 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:

shocked
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by holusormi(m): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:

I swear bro ,, e go still last maximum 1 week for my hand sha
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by tohpahz(f): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:

In ur mind.. u r a big spender shey??
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by holusormi(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
thorpido:
Some children are said to open doors.

I hope you are not part of the school of thought that believe that bull.shiat

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Zakkyoz: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
All these analyses have just aggravated my phobia for marriage. God! come to my aid.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by smartleo(m): 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
dmahn:
This argument came up in my hostel when we started to discuss about the current job opportunities in the country and their salaries.. We then ventured into the banking sector sector in which a brother said those accountants collect just 80k per month... He said the money is so foolish and so low that he can't marry a wife with that amount of money.. I counter him and based my own argument on the fact that the money is manageable and I ll set up a marriage and start a life with it..Some agreed with my decision while others are like neva will they marry with data on d ground that it's to low to survive... I believed that everyone has its own philosophy of tot... My question is directed majorly to the graduated ones... . Based on the limited job opportunities and low salary for d available ones, Is 80k manageable to start a living or not...Pls comment with reasons.... Thanks

it depends on your location ,if you are in Ibadan ,guess you are safe but lagos,the risk may not worth taking But if you are a man of Faith,no shaking cause the just shall live by faith

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by cosxzbay: 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
It is small ooh. How much is house rent, car and holiday trips pkus external family responsibilities.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
It depends on the kind of wife u marry and location. If she is working or self employed, there is no big deal in getting married. But she is not working neither self employed, don't u dare think about it except u have another source of income that can cater 4 ur wife 2 be and unborn children.

Also places like lagos, PH, FCT should not be in your work location.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by chyBosslady: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
80k is ok for a month,u can build a family wit it.some guys earn 50k and stil take care of their responsibilities.unless ur extravagant in nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Irepib(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
MY SUPERVISOR EARN 35K with mtn dealer shop yet he got married

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by bolliejay(m): 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:

Unnecessary forming......mscheew.

Op you can marry with that amount............There are many people that are happily married and are earning less self. Many graduates earn N50k or less per month.

l have a friend in lagos that is on N65k per month, married with a kid and even has a car. Just cut your coat according to your cloth and be on the lookout for better job.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by holusormi(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
PassingShot:
Lets do this arithmetic:

Salaries (both) = 140k/month = 1.68M/year

Rent = 150,000
Feeding =290,000 per year (about 800 naira daily)
Transportation = 150,000 per year (500 daily for both, 25 days per month)
Clothing and other stuffs = 100,000 yearly (8,500 monthly)
Health care allowance = 60,000 per year (5,000 monthly)

Total so far = 150k+290k+150+100K = 750,000 NGN
750,000 + 10% mark up = 825,000

From 1.68M there is still a credit balance of about 855,000.

Am I missing something?

Even plus schooling of the first kid which doesn't necessarily have to be planned on this early income, there is still enough left to do that.

Sophyrocks, please put hole in the arithmetic above.

800 naira daily for food ,, for how many people Lol... Expenses have a funny way of creeping in on us ,,, don't bank on that bro ,, they will spend more than *3 of that on food ....I tried that budget thingy when i was serving ,,, suffering na understatement

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by afuye(m): 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
You are caused then. You need a pastor tb Joshua
edozie04:
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by egbaguy: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
Op.....how rich were ur parents when dey married?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by eph12(m): 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
ZUBY77:

So you mean 80K a month can't sustain a man, a woman and a child?

Please how much was your father earning when he married your mother and start giving birth to you and your siblings?

All this boastful people all over Nigeria, how much do you have in your own account?

Lol.. Am not boastful and have never been. If that was the way you understood my post I can't apologize for that. That's your headache sir.

As for how much my dad was earning before he married my mum and gave birth to me and my siblings, lets just say I would try everything humanly possible to make sure my kids don't pass through what I passed through cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by emmykk(m): 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

So just because a child brightens a home, you should just bring one into the world not minding if you can cater for that child? Do you know how much you spend to ensure your child is healthy? I want a breakdown on how a man earning 80k with a wife who earns less will manage with a child plus all other expenses in the home without one aspect or other suffering.
why marry if you are not going to give birth to a child?

80K is enough money do plan a family.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by holusormi(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Freshboi:

How can a family spend N70k on feeding in a month? Are they Nephilims? Food should be N30k max for a family of four. The N30k sef is even high. When you know the intricacies of Lagos markets,feeding will be cheap

Shut up !!! Your daddy is still feeding you , come back when u start feeding yourself !!

P.s : if you are still depending on your parents , you have no right to comment on this topic. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by gistmelove(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Billyonaire:
One can actually marry with 80,000 a month salary, but I am damn sure the marriage will not last 2 years if that Salary is not increased. You have to factor in rent, electricity bills, gas bill, transportation to/fro work, money for condom (considering no kid is welcomed yet), brazilian hair for new wife, DSTV bill has just gone high, money set aside for Blood pressure pills, and for mosquito drugs as well as mosquito repellant if you live in Lagos. Now you know when I said the marriage will not last more than 2 years without the wife cheating on the beloved husband for extra coins to meet her need for bleaching cream.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by holusormi(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Billyonaire:
One can actually marry with 80,000 a month salary, but I am damn sure the marriage will not last 2 years if that Salary is not increased. You have to factor in rent, electricity bills, gas bill, transportation to/fro work, money for condom (considering no kid is welcomed yet), brazilian hair for new wife, DSTV bill has just gone high, money set aside for Blood pressure pills, and for mosquito drugs as well as mosquito repellant if you live in Lagos. Now you know when I said the marriage will not last more than 2 years without the wife cheating on the beloved husband for extra coins to meet her need for bleaching cream.

You are the most realistic person here !!!
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by AONO: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
I am not married now because I have not gotten any job but I promise if any nairalander can get me 80k job in a place like Osun state, oyo state but outside ibadan, ekiti state, ondo state, kwara state and the likes I will gladly get married in the next 3month. I am a graduate of agric extension and management, nairalanders pls help your brother. Thanks
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by ify84(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
People de run life well with 30k.......some people wia still de skol, never know wetin life de talk... They shout say 80k no go reach....
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by pek(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
the op should tell his friends to stop building castle in the air. i know of people that will give their right hand to get that job. In all you do, always start somewhere and live within your means.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by gistmelove(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
cosxzbay:
It is small ooh. How much is house rent, car and holiday trips pkus external family responsibilities.

holiday trip?? Na compulsory u no fit sit don for ur house grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
kajsa:

Y don't we start d population control by eradicating u, huh?...

Dumb dumber dumbest!! You dnt knw what family planning is right? LOL!

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by illiad: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:
Lol and you're here in nairaland ?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
emmykk:
why marry if you are not going to give birth to a child?

80K is enough money do plan a family.

Why give birth if you cannt cater for a child? Simple logic!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
holusormi:

I hope you are not part of the school of thought that believe that bull.shiat
It depends on how you understand it.It doesn't mean literarily.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by odinko: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Everybody is talking. I was in my final year when I had my first son. Without a job I was able to take care of mother and baby at the same time. Today when I look at my son, I will just smile and say thank God that I did not what other young men were doing. 80k is more than to start a family. What about if you are earning 400k, and you decide to get married and have a child. God forbid you lose your job, does it mean tou will not take of your baby?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Unidentified Girl Spotted In Port Harcourt. Who Can Identify Her Please? (Photos / Help!!! Someone Is Molesting This Girl. / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.