Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos (28881 Views)

Explosion Hit Lagos Sahara Report Photo / BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Again! Damaturu Under Terror Siege!!! / Ohakim Is At It Again, Threatens Teachers And Lecturers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by shafanik: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
MAY GOD SAVE US ALL ...

Police on Wednesday said they have intelligence report pointing that the Islamist insurgents, Boko Haram militants, have perfected plans to attack Lagos any time from now.

The Islamist sect had in 2012 threatened to bomb undisclosed targets in Lagos.

US diplomats in Nigeria had in May this year claimed that “groups associated with terrorism” could be planning to attack a hotel in the financial capital, Lagos, in a travel note to their citizens warning of security risks.

Speaking on Wednesday in Lagos during the inauguration ceremony of the newly elected executive council of the Maritime Reporters’ Association of Nigeria (MARAN), Hilda Ibifuro-Harrison, the commissioner of police, Western Port, said the police got the report recently, noting that the Western Port police have quickly moved to beef-up security at the ports following the intelligence report.

According to Ibifuro-Harrison, who was represented by the assistant commissioner of police (ACP), Selem Amachree, the seaport, which is the nation’s economic gateway, is a veritable target for any attack. She said the police will not fail to secure the seaports and environs.

“It will be economically disastrous if the insurgent group succeeds in carrying out its threat in a commercial city like Lagos that houses the two major seaports (Apapa and Tin-Can Island Ports) including the numerous oil tank farms for the storage of imported refined petroleum products,” the commissioner said.

Continuing, she said, “The Nigerian police force is assuring Lagosians especially the stakeholders in the port industry and Apapa metropolis to go about their individual businesses without doubt because we have strengthened security in these areas to ensure that the port is well protected.”

Also speaking at the event, Ifeyinwa Obi, the newly inaugurated president of the association, however, challenged the Federal Government on the need to intensify efforts in the ongoing rehabilitation work on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.

According to her, improving the condition of the port access road has become very imperative owing to the health and economic hazards which the bad state of the road constitutes to businesses located in Apapa especially the ports that yields billions of naira into the Federal Government’s coffers.

Boko Haram has terrorised northern Nigeria regularly since 2009, attacking police, schools, churches, mosques and civilians and bombing government buildings. It has killed thousands and kidnapped hundreds.

Only on Monday, six people, including two female suicide bombers, were confirmed dead at Maiduguri main market in Borno State after attack at the market, the police said.

This came three days after a gun and bomb assault on Kano Central Mosque killed more than 150 people in Kano.

In a similar development, on Monday suspected Boko Haram members launched a raid on Damaturu, Yobe State, opening fire on an air force jet circling their forces and dropping bombs, fleeing residents said. Residents fled or tried to hide as the attackers charged into Damaturu firing their guns and shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest), the witnesses said.

source: http://businessdayonline.com/2014/12/72800/#.VIBwttLF-y8
Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by shafanik: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
angry angry

**packing my bags and lugages out of Lasgid to Ogbomosho**

Tired of all this sh*t in this land.

angry
Bombing today bombing tomorow...

angry

I BEG I DEY GO VILLAGE

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
shafanik:
angry angry

angry

angry

I BEG I DEY GO VILLAGE

Seconded!!! angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by SeverusSnape(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
EMPTY THREATS... They won't dare it, They'll meet their Waterloo before they reach southern Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by omenka(m): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
The president should call his siblings to order!! What is the meaning of this?? angry

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by shafanik: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Seconded!!! angry

grin Bros you dey fear?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by falconey(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
If this thing make frontpage na transformer things

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by adanduka: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
Thanks for the info.
Fashola take note.
Lagosians read PSA 91 and apply verses 1-2

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
shafanik:

grin Bros you dey fear?

After all that bombing in the north?? Yes I dey fear..

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Descartes: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
The president should call his siblings to order!! What is the meaning of this?? angry

Are you jittery already? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by BlackTechnology: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Reaction will be castatrophic .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by faithugo64(f): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
shafanik:
angry angry

angry

angry

I BEG I DEY GO VILLAGE
LMAO grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Descartes: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Any attack on Lagos will mark the end of this dubious entity called "Nigeria" angry

Meanwhile,

Sai Okoroji for Lagos 2015 !!! cheesy wink wink wink

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by shafanik: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
LAGOSIANS!!!

THIS IS THE TIME TO BE MORE SECURITY CONSCIOUS AND PRAYERFUL !!!

TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED..

SHINE YOUR EYES WELL WELL...

ACTIVATE YOUR SUSPICIOUS MODE!!

I DON TALK MY OWN OOH!!

MODERATOR, FRONT PAGE.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Horus(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
US diplomats in Nigeria had in May this year claimed that “groups associated with terrorism” could be planning to attack a hotel in the financial capital, Lagos, in a travel note to their citizens warning of security risks.

How did they knew it before the SSS?. simple, the CIA is behind Boko Haram and they warned their American citizens only

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
The Police and their claim of getting intelligence. Hope this will turn out to be true, unlike the one over the NASS.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Descartes: 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
The ragtags have a lot of sponsors and sympathizers even here on Nairaland angry

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Rikidony(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
MEK THEM NO TRY THAT RUBBISH WE NO GET SPACE TO TAKE IN LAGOSIANS, YORUBAS TOO D FEAR :-/

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by falconey(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
When police begin get intelligence?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by shafanik: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
Rikidony:
MEK THEM NO TRY THAT RUBBISH WE NO GET SPACE TO TAKE IN LAGOSIANS, YORUBAS TOO D FEAR :-/

Na who dey fear?!!!

For your information, i don go buy my own Ak47, Armour Tank and Fighter Jet!

Who dey fear Boko Haram? Village? me run go Village? Lai Lai!!

EKO ONI BAJE!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Frankenstein: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
No please. Boko haram doesn't have the balls to do that... the result will not benefit them.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by shafanik: 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Rikidony:

undecided
Why u dey speak Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by malali: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
C

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by gneisss: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
everyday new development...nigeria it is well..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by coded01: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
MAY THE GOOD LORD FRUSTRATE THEIR PLANS & EXPOSE THEM ALL IN JESUS NAME.... AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!! cool

Eko o ni baje... cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by blemon44(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
when are they coming?
i'm ready for this useless people
them think i dey fear them
make them come one on one
i will finish all of them
shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by tolustx(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
Dem no fit!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by holatin(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
Lagos for where
We dey vigilant to the extent a father dey suspect son and son dey suspect mother.
nothing is impossible
but this is unpossible ((engrish)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by Nairabeezie(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
n

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by vizkiz: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
mifavour:

lol. space bookers...

swirry, we are talking about bomb, you are talking about space booking...angry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by mifavour(f): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
falconey:
If this thing make frontpage na transformer things

oya go hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Again Threatens To Hit Lagos by seunlayi(m): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
[size=28pt]NO WEAPON FASHIONED AGAINST LAGOS SHALL STAND[/size]

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Meets With Mike Ozekhome ,To Sue Vanguard & Others (Photos) / Presiding Officers’ Admission: We’re Vindicated – PDP / See The Colourful Suit Timipre Sylva Rocked In Abuja Today. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.