Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Lets Talk About The "Green Light" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About The "Green Light" (13057 Views)

The “Green Light” That Tells You She Is ‘really’ In Love With You. / When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light' / 5 Signs That She's Giving You The Green Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Tymax(m): 7:39am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Why would you want to date a girl in denial with herself and you?
That's if she is desirable to me o. As a guy na, I would think she's just playing hard to get. But I get tired of mind games easily so I'd leave her alone.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by chibwike(m): 7:39am On Dec 06, 2014
marieolae:
nothing meanigful to say, and you stain your name on threads you can't relate with. Its actually disturbing my following feed. I'll do the right thing.
Do it!...unfollow me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Richiy(f): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Think what you want. You have that freedom

Absolutely!!
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Seun(m): 7:42am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:
Obviously you think because she is ONE lady, she knows what every other lady wants and thinks.....
Nice
If she doesn't, how could you? I don't mean to single you out, I just wish we'd listen when ladies talk about what they know more about.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by marieolae(f): 7:42am On Dec 06, 2014
yeah I agree with you on this to a certain extent.
Most guys don't know how to read the signs of interest that ladies give off
Honestly, ladies can appear very subtle when it comes to showing signs of interest
Something as simple as eye contact may make her feel like she's screaming " come and talk to me !"
But a lot of guys will miss it, and that's the opportuniny gone.
With this she may feel like your not interested,

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 06, 2014
Of course, coming from the ever-serious Mynd himself, this doesn't surprise me.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Richiy(f): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2014
Seun:
because she is a lady.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Exjoker(m): 8:01am On Dec 06, 2014
This green light thing is so confusing. We should always look at it properly before jumping into conclusion. You don't wanna get embarrass right?...Good job op
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 8:08am On Dec 06, 2014
Exjoker:
This green light thing is so confusing. We should always look at it properly before jumping into conclusion. You don't wanna get embarrass right?...Good job op
It seems confusing because you made it so.
Why don't you let the dynamics of relationships play out seamlessly as they should instead of turning yourself into a traffic light detector.

A girl that wants you will always want to be around you. #endoff!
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 8:16am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

Why don't you let the dynamics of relationships play out seamlessly as they should instead of turning yourself into a traffic light detector.

She might just enjoy his company and enjoy hanging out with him, that does not necessarily mean she wants to date him na.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Teespice(f): 8:19am On Dec 06, 2014
john legend's green light comes to mind. hehe.

I for one do not understand the concept of green light in relationships. if you like someone and you are that confident in your game and skills, be straightforward and let the person know your real intentions. if you are thinking she will decode from your actions and gestures then you are on a longgggg thing.

before you know it friend zone like my nl brothers will put it will set in.

if you like me that much go ahead and tell me, because if you keep waiting for me to decode, oyo na your case.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 8:23am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

She might just enjoy his company and enjoy hanging out with him, that does not necessarily mean she wants to date him na.
Obviously i was expecting them to state the terms of engagement from the onset

Don't go asking her to be your friend if what you really want is for her to be your gyal

All these issues of light variation stems from the fact that teenagers are too timid to state their intentions as well as being too rigid to accept rejections as a part of dating phenomena
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Dannylux: 8:23am On Dec 06, 2014
Two things happen when a supposed "green light" is misinterpreted.

1) You get the girl.

2) You lose the friendship.

No one can perfectly interpret it. It's just luck and sometimes How patient you can be.

But It's always a wiser decision to make your intention known before you get attached to someone. So you wouldn't have to lose any friendship if it was never there. My resolve.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by LaurelP(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2014
For me, green light means nxt to nothing. I don't follow it and I don't look out for it! I like a lady, I go for her. If she agrees good, if she doesn't no problem.
Women are just too confusing and hard to read jare!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 8:28am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

Obviously i was expecting them to state the terms of engagement from the onset

Don't go asking her to be your friend if what you really want is for her to be your gyal

All these issues of light variation stems from the fact that teenagers are too timid to state their intentions as well as being too rigid to accept rejections as a part of dating phenomena
"Light Variation"
*dies*
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by henrixx(m): 8:30am On Dec 06, 2014
what is greenlight? here in France it is a traffic light
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Dannylux: 8:31am On Dec 06, 2014
It'd be awkward asking someone these set of questions. I'd read right through the girl's intention when these questions suddenly pop up in our conversation. You're already making your intention known to the person with such questions so you'd still get heart broken if you eventually discover you're not her type.

Questions like these do bring up other boys into the conversation and that's not Good for your agenda. When she'd try to use one of your friends to describe the kind of person she likes? isn't that worse than getting a no for a response?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by KingTom(m): 8:31am On Dec 06, 2014
Teespice:
john legend's green light comes to mind. hehe.

I for one do not understand the concept of green light in relationships. if you like someone and you are that confident in your game and skills, be straightforward and let the person know your real intentions. if you are thinking she will decode from your actions and gestures then you are on a longgggg thing.

before you know it friend zone like my nl brothers will put it will set in.

if you like me that much go ahead and tell me, because if you keep waiting for me to decode, oyo na your case.
In that case, I like you o. My intentions are out now
***In John Legend's voice***
"Give me the green light, I'm ready to go right now"
grin grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by JoeCutie(m): 8:36am On Dec 06, 2014
mayapop:
You're right! people actually don't get the green light thingy, i actually try to be careful when looking at guy, because when he approaches me, i really don't know what to say to him, then i give him the red light to stop right there grin
Chai, Maya! Why? What's so important about it? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Teespice(f): 8:39am On Dec 06, 2014
KingTom:
In that case, I like you o. My intentions are out now
***In John Legend's voice***
"Give me the green light, I'm ready to go right now"
grin grin grin

hehehe

clown.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by KingTom(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2014
Teespice:

hehehe

clown.
grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Exjoker(m): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

To be honest green light as the call it is very important to/during dating a girl/boy. It let you know your stand and what step you should take next. Green light is just the promising signs your partner emit to show the also have same feeling for you. So Green light is just a name...an I know it too.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Tallesty1(m): 8:51am On Dec 06, 2014
Jennimma:

bros,lie small small na grin
Bia nwanyi, why you dey brozone me?

I am not lying, what I am telling you is nofin but d truth, I don't take any sign to be greenlight.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 8:52am On Dec 06, 2014
Exjoker:
To be honest green light as the call it is very important to/during dating a girl/boy. It let you know your stand and what step you should take next. Green light is just the promising signs your partner emit to show the also have same feeling for you. So Green light is just a name...an I know it too.
So you are comfortable mortgaging your time, wallet and fragile heart on a mere promise?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 06, 2014
JoeCutie:
Chai, Maya! Why? What's so important about it? grin
Lol!. idk. some people think that; well mostly some guys think that if a girl looks at you or maybe give you a wink or something, she's actually giving you the greenlight to talk to her or maybe she's not, and you prolly don't want to look like a dummy if she actually turns you down or maybe she's just looking at your halo grin

it's actually important to know that the girl is giving you the signs to come talk to her smiley

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
Bia nwanyi, why you dey brozone me?

I am not lying, what I am telling you is nofin but d truth, I don't take any sign to be greenlight.
grin
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Uju been giving Amber light since 1880 <= Neither green nor red. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Exjoker(m): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

So you are comfortable mortgaging your time, wallet and fragile heart on a mere promise?
Lol... No bro. Green light can be decisive at times. I only do what my instinct told me to do even if it had to do with responding to green lights
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 9:19am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:
Uju been giving Amber light since 1880 <= Neither green nor red. angry angry
Hehehehehehehehe
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by OMA4U(m): 9:23am On Dec 06, 2014
I disagree. Someone might want to be more than a friend, hence showing green lights, but that same person might still turn you down, not because he/she never shows green light, but for reasons best known to him/her. I tell you, people date with various reasons.

Secondly, I don't agree with asking a girl, if she would date you. It will really make you look childish, and she might deny ever being in love with you. Different strokes for folks though.

When you observe a flint of green light, you can go ahead and try your luck. Say what is on your mind, provided the atmosphere supports that kind of discussion. I think we understand this better.

Green light is very important o.

Note: My take.

Edited

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Tallesty1(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2014
Jennimma:

grin
See her teeth.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2014
OMA4U:

Note: My take.

One moment you are saying this

OMA4U:

Secondly, I don't agree with asking a girl, if she would date you. It will really make you look childish, and she might deny ever being in love with you.

Then this

OMA4U:

No other way to ask someone out other than to try your luck. Say what is on your mind , provided the atmosphere supports that kind of discussion. I think we understand this better.

Wetin you want make we do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Men Prefer Prostitutes (no.4 Will Shock You) / I Joke About Cheating On Him, Now He Is Angry. / Help!! I Think I Have Gotten Myself Into Trouble With This Girl From The Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.