Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Lets Talk About The "Green Light" - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About The "Green Light" (13075 Views)

The “Green Light” That Tells You She Is ‘really’ In Love With You. / When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light' / 5 Signs That She's Giving You The Green Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:
Uju been giving Amber light since 1880 <= Neither green nor red. angry angry

Lmao!! grin
Booboo I don't know what greenlights are biko.

If a guy comes to my rescue, I assume he's being kind.

If I help a guy out, I know it's all because of kindness.

Don't quite get why people have to make a big deal out of nothing.

If I enjoy your company, I'll hangout with you.....no strings.

If you enjoy my company, then same goes.....no strings.

If you enjoy my company because you want a relationship I'm not interested in, then no hanging out. No time to be labeled a green lighter.

All these 'color variations' just tire me.

Nobody should try to read my colours (hian grin) or paint me one because I am colour blind.
If you have something to say, then please say it. If I have something to say, I'll do the same.

Btw Mynd44, writing this topic is a green light grin
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 9:34am On Dec 06, 2014
Tymax:

That's if she is desirable to me o. As a guy na, I would think she's just playing hard to get. But I get tired of mind games easily so I'd leave her alone.
This hard to get game has become a big problem.
What if she's not playing hard? Maybe she just doesn't want to date you, and those things you considered greenlights weren't even lights at all?

Just asking.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 9:35am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

You know I will gladly do you...I hope jaybee does not have a gun
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2014
F
UjSizzle:

Lmao!! grin
Booboo I don't know what greenlights are biko.

If a guy comes to my rescue, I assume he's being kind.

If I help a guy out, I know it's all because of kindness.

Don't quite get why people have to make a big deal out of nothing.

If I enjoy your company, I'll hangout with you.....no strings.

If you enjoy my company, then same goes.....no strings.

If you enjoy my company because you want a relationship I'm not interested in, then no hanging out. No time to be labeled a green lighter.

All these 'color variations' just tire me.

Nobody should try to read my colours (hian grin) or paint me one because I am colour blind.
If you have something to say, then please say it. If I have something to say, I'll do the same.

Please upgrade me.....I don't want to be permanently stuck on amber tongue
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

It seems confusing because you made it so.
Why don't you let the dynamics of relationships play out seamlessly as they should instead of turning yourself into a traffic light detector.

A girl that wants you will always want to be around you. #endoff!
Colour variations
Traffic light detector

You're killing me grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 9:37am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Anu eh shey mi
Oun fi iru oka shey re
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Biko define this 'do' tongue

jaybee3:
F
Please upgrade me.....I don't want to be permanently stuck on amber tongue
Hehehe Cyan update rolling out soon wink

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 9:39am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

Anu eh shey mi
Oun fi iru oka shey re
Lmao...

What if you never find out?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

Biko define this 'do' tongue

Send me your number and I will tell you *wink
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Send me your number and I will tell you *wink
Wait small. How much will you pay into my account for the number? wink
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 9:47am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

Wait small. How much will you pay into my account for the number? wink
I will give you my heart ❤
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

I will give you my heart ❤
Hian. Dem dey chop heart

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by JoeCutie(m): 9:54am On Dec 06, 2014
mayapop:
Lol!. idk. some people think that; well mostly some guys think that if a girl looks at you or maybe give you a wink or something, she's actually giving you the greenlight to talk to her or maybe she's not, and you prolly don't want to look like a dummy if she actually turns you down or maybe she's just looking at your halo grin

it's actually important to know that the girl is giving you the signs to come talk to her smiley
But tell me; why would a girl wink at you? That's a clear message, you know... Unless she's a close friend who you could ordinarily roll with.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by naijaboiy: 9:59am On Dec 06, 2014
samflexxy:
oga @ they very top I hail

Any thing for your boys cool
Sigh
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2014
JoeCutie:
But tell me; why would a girl wink at you? That's a clear message, you know... Unless she's a close friend who you could ordinarily roll with.
Ehen, una don start.....
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 10:02am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

Hian. Dem dey chop heart
bad market
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by JoeCutie(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Ehen, una don start.....
I don't get...

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 10:05am On Dec 06, 2014
Chai! Long story. I shall still read. But I shall comment first. Because I'm an impatient son of a god. angry

Mynd44, some history.

In old England, women indicated interest in a man with subtle signs. There was the hanky drop. There was the fan signal. Even the glove drop. All kinds of subtle signals that could be interpreted in any of two ways.

Here in Igboland, our marriage tradition is significant. There is a reason why in traditional ceremonies the woman is handed a cup of wine to give to her man.

At bars, there are subtle cues and alterations in body language a woman uses to indicate availability and interest.

No, it has never been in question whether women give off signals. They have always done. And they still do. Whether they admit it, even know it, or not. The real question is why.

Women have to be protected and to protect themselves from unwelcome interest. And men have to be careful to avoid taking a woman against her will (men are generally physically stronger, whatever feminism says). For this reason there has to be a communication of interest that preserves a woman's dignity and attracts the man she wants.

Hence hanky/glove drops, funny things with handfans, funny things with dances, funny play on words and a host of other half-madnesses.

In the modern world, because of the mad rebellion, there isn't any societal coherence anymore for the cues. It used to be something of an open secret. Now it's a confusion. Women give off strong communications of interest and then insist that they didn't. Half their fault really. The other half is for the loss of education on the part of society and our elders.

Women need to learn that one reason men start to attack them when they rebuff their attempts to woo them is because they've wounded their pride. A man lets his pride down to go after the woman he wants. For that reason he looks for some assurance that she is even open game to him. So he'll look for cues.

Women too radiate their interest with specificity because they don't want the wrong guy. They choose the man they want and tell him without words that they're open for business. Thus, cues.

Typically, the cues tell the man that she likes being with him. The hanky/glove drop used to be the second stage, if I remember correctly. It was the woman's offer of an excuse that the man could use to visit her at her chaperone's place. The fan was first stage, to tell him that she was open to his physical approach to make introductions and first conversation. It kept increasing in degree as the two got closer.

Our agitation against societal codes and norms has cost us quite a lot, don't you agree? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by naijaboiy: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2014
marieolae:
yeah I agree with you on this to a certain extent.
Most guys don't know how to read the signs of interest that ladies give off
Honestly, ladies can appear very subtle when it comes to showing signs of interest
Something as simple as eye contact may make her feel like she's screaming " come and talk to me !"
But a lot of guys will miss it, and that's the opportuniny gone.
With this she may feel like your not interested,
We are not detectives,,how do you expect us to understand that just a simple eye contact means an invitation for a conversation.

You girls are just too complex. undecided

As for me I follow my instincts. If she agrees fine,,if she doesn't..Life goes on.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by JoeCutie(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

Hian. Dem dey chop heart
Chai! Na so so 'chop chop' girls want.

Uj nwanyi oma, even you? Wetin una want?! Chai!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2014
JoeCutie:
Chai! Na so so 'chop chop' girls want.

Uj nwanyi oma, even you? Wetin una want?! Chai!
Lol. Friendly banter hun. Don't take anything me and Mynd say to heart wink

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 10:12am On Dec 06, 2014
@Ihedinobi2, in those days, those sighs were clearly defined. Everyone knew what a handky drop was and the ish with the fan. These days , there are not defined rules and we mix things up. For all you know, the signs Shola give is what Nnkechi does naturally hence the cancellation of signs.

Before you conclude on a sign, be sure

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 10:13am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

Lol. Friendly banter hun. Don't take anything me and Mynd say to heart wink
Huh?

But I wanna do you na
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2014
Okay! So the green light in this age and anyone at all then, is simply a mental construct. Something a guy needs to assure himself that the woman he is interested in, also shares same interest.

End of discussion.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 10:16am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Huh?

But I wanna do you na
Go away. My battery is dying sad
You've failed in your duty to provide me a new one cry

Don't talk to me again
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 10:17am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

Don't talk to me again
Go and charge. GEJ has given us unlimited power so what do you need batteries for?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 10:20am On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

Don't talk to me again
Is it about battery?
Make i begin beat chest sharpish....nwanne, i will build you your own personal battery factory for nnewi
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Dreyl(m): 10:21am On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

We are not detectives,,how do you expect us to understand that just a simple eye contact means an invitation for a conversation.

As for me I follow my instincts. If she agrees fine,,if she doesn't..Life goes on.
exactly!
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by jaybee3(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Lmao...

What if you never find out?
Big brother thingzzz
My/our eyes are on you!
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2014
jaybee3:

Big brother thingzzz
My/our eyes are on you!
I am protected by Obatala and Zeus oooo
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Franchise21(m): 10:40am On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

Confirm
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 10:47am On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:
@Ihedinobi2, in those days, those sighs were clearly defined. Everyone knew what a handky drop was and the ish with the fan. These days , there are not defined rules and we mix things up. For all you know, the signs Shola give is what Nnkechi does naturally hence the cancellation of signs.

Before you conclude on a sign, be sure
In other words, you agree with me.

Now, if those signs not only exist but have a real, logical place in male-female relations, the question is how to deal with today's confusion, is it not?

How is a man to be sure what a woman means when she sends him music tracks with one single theme running through all of them? What is a woman supposed to think when a man routinely drops everything and comes running when she has a problem? How can a man be sure that a woman is not saying that she would like him to woo her when she returns his calls religiously and routinely talks for hours even when there's nothing to say?

How do you know for sure when there are no more single codes?

Here's how I think you can be sure: women who want a man tend to want to be around him a lot. Men who want to be with a woman tend to want to impress her and prove that he's a man she can trust. Thus, behaviors consistent with these desires are green lights.

That they are green lights does not mean that when you see them they are intentionally given. Today's screwed up world has very many of us stuck in infancy in a lot of things. It's like talking gibberish and managing to deliver a coherent string of meaning sometimes. So what to look for is consistency of behavior. If the person keeps doing it, ask them why in whatever subtle manner (I'm just saying subtle to be accommodating, beyond a certain point I quit subtilty) you know how to and take what they say and act on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imagine This Girl Is Your Sister PICTURES / Married Men Live In Regret!! They Are SUFFERING!! Don't Be Deceived!! [photos] / What Is The Cure For Conji?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.