Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update (36059 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
LadyH:
sincerely, i din mean to. sincerely. i mean twas a fact, quite glaring. But! moving on...
certain things are better left untyped; your previous post falls within the ambit to put it on the line sweetheart.

I expect we shouldn't be a melting-pot of diverse tribes striving to take reins of politcal power, jostling to take a spin in the swing of government like crabs in a bucket. I expect we should be one united Deltans and perhaps one Nigerians, our divergent tribes notwithstanding. When we suss out, in the wonderful words of Obama, that what binds us together is greater than what pulls us apart, we would start getting something meaningful done. Let's nip this harangue of tribal accusations in the bud. I expect it's high time we started putting the wheels of competence before the driver seat of petty tribal jingoism when deciding who wields the leadership baton. That we should start doing. If ifeanyi is the best hand for the job, I woud vote for him regardless of his tribe. Ditto for Otega of APC

2 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
cronus:

How about you mind your business and leave the Anioma to mind theirs?

You dey crase??
What makes you think I dont have stake in Delta.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Unemadu: 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
Akpan107:
Do you personaly have any problem with that?

When i traveled to enugu two years ago, i realised we all share the same culture, life style and way of life with the Igbos, the only difrence i saw was the tribe.

We all stand United
one people under
Christ the King.

Nice! One people under God.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
erico2k2:

I will also tell you that anybody UPU supports wins, if you think Im lying name one govt they support that lost? right from Felix Ibru till date.If UPU stand behind Okowa then he wins but if the reverse is the case then what happened in Edo will happen here even if its free and fair election as UPU covers more than half of the whole delta they have more LGAs if Im not mistaking.My idea is if OKOWA has a good package for UPU then bravo.

I think the UPU will be fine with Okowa. We are all from delta and we know the drill, Okowa and his team will do the needful. Above all, it is clear Ibori still looms large in delta's politics. The urhobos will not and cannot win a divide and conquer battle. The likes of Senator MANAGER AND Majority Leader, Ogor from southern zone are onboard with Okowa. That is a good start, I expect people like Ovie Omo-agege to get on board too. Even Tompolo is on Okowa's team. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 11:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Doesnt make him any less Deltan.
Admit it or not but we live in a tribalized society.

what are you talking about?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
atlwireles:

what are you talking about?

Really ?
I know you aren't that slow.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Really ?
I know you aren't that slow.

say what again?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by LordVarys: 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
atlwireles:

Uduaghan brought this on himself, why did he want to unseat the only leading ijaw politician in delta state? Thank God he came to his senses and traded the right votes for Okowa. Senator MANAGER, is now the new kingmaker in the state.

He will probably head to Abuja as Minister of health come 2015.
That's the only option for him now
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 11:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Doesnt make him any less Deltan.
Admit it or not but we live in a tribalized society.

Beware of. any Nigerian that claims to be detribalized. There are no such thing as a detribalized Nigerian.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordVarys:

That's the only option for him now

He has been gov for 7 years plus, what else does he need, than return to his clinic. grin
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by waternogetemeny: 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
I would have loved an Oshimili or Aniocha man to emerge. I dont trust Ika people.

Relax that is wat the people that presented him believe but we all know that IKA are the most mistreated group of people in Delta and Edo. The plight of the igbenke people of Ika Igbo comes to mind.

Just like GEJ, watch and learn becos this wan na GEJ part 2. Igbo Kwenu! grin

p.s. the way a man behaves wen begging for crumbs is different from the way he behaves wen seated and faced with a banquet

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asudan: 11:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
omonuan:

Thanks bro. Happy days are here again! Ifeany Okowa is well loved and he loves the entire Anioma-nay Delta people and he is proud of his Igbo heritage. This is why he de-emphasized his first name "Arthur" and began to use his Igbo name-Ifeanyi. He is actually the best man of all Anioma candidates. Also be aware that no Ika politician or traditional ruler in his right mind would openly prevaricate on his Igboness.
the same person that siphon money meant do roads in Agbor, ask Uduaghan for the concluding story
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Joe82834(m): 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
Funny some Ppl from anioma still feel they ain't ibos probably due to past history. Be it Agbo, kwale ,ika they are all dialects of same language. And don't start with how a bit different u think it sounds until u enter a South East state and see differences in dialect there as well. Don't even try saying answering same names is mere coincidence that's even funnier .happy for anioma. Love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asudan: 11:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
omonuan:

Not True! You may be referring to the Ukwuani but not Ika!
the Ndokwa sect are the worst set of human beings in power.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
sunnshyn:

Hate kwa? Did u see anywhere in my write up I mentioned hate? You must be Ika, that's how you people behave. I forgive you already...

You missed the boat! I am from Enuani not Ika. The difference to me is not much. We speak the same language with different twang. The difference between hate and dislike is as subtle as Ika and Enuani!
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by dennismukoro(m): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
okowa should team up with edudvie david. To get the backup of the UPU because. Great Ovedje LP.is not ordinary politician since uduaghan camp have failed. Otega(APC) would be seeking support frm the upu. UPU owns 60% of vote in delta.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
pazienza:

I am well aware of that. Warri had been turned to a de facto capital, any thing done in Asaba must be replicated there . I hope for the sake of Anioma, that Okowa is not an Urhobo stooge.

He must be strong and independent to right all the wrongs that have been metted on Anioma, he must be his own man, for the sake of his people, if not, then he would have been a disgrace.
wake up n smell the coffee, he is been supported by Ibori structure
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Mcslize: 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
NeilOssai:
Development Has Come To Delta State At Last!!!!.....Thank U GOD smiley wink smiley

who did u know? Is the Okowa a sincere politician ? Is he trying? What has he done for Delta state so far?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by ican2020: 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
[size=30pt]seize fire friends
[/size]
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 11:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
atlwireles:

I think the UPU will be fine with Okowa. We are all from delta and we know the drill, Okowa and his team will do the needful. Above all, it is clear Ibori still looms large in delta's politics. The urhobos will not and cannot win a divide and conquer battle. The likes of Senator MANAGER AND Majority Leader, Ogor from southern zone are onboard with Okowa. That is a good start, I expect people like Ovie Omo-agege to get on board too. Even Tompolo is on Okowa's team. grin grin grin grin
Now you are talking however,God fathers are powerful, look at the case of our outgoing Govt he has nothing to show for his people the itsekiris, realy nothing, can anyone say same for Ibori? so if Okowa goes there God fathers might strangle him and if he dont playball he might face fights even B4 the first 4 years ends.Its realy crap politics I tell yah
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by informat101(f): 11:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
Alikaxon:
PLEASE NOTE: We are not "IKA", we are AGBOR people, and we speak Agbor language "IKA is a political name..." please! Congrats to OKOWA.
hey!!!we speak ika, agbor is not the only ika land.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2014
erico2k2:

wake up n smell the coffee, he is been supported by Ibori structure

He can always shake off Ibori's and Urhobos hold over him, he is the Oga at the top now. Obj demystifed IBB and the north, GEJ had since demystified the North and OBJ.

T.A Orji did same to Orji Kalu, Chimaroke to Jim Nwobodo, and Sullivan to Chimaroke.

This is politics, Okowa would be a fool to be tied to any man or group's apron strings. He has four years to free himself and build his own power base, his time just started ticking, we would be watching from the sidelines.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by ican2020: 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
informat101:
Thank you for educating him
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 11:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
informat101:

What were you expecting? Self denial is a slippery road.

From I am not Igbo, I am Ika, to I am not Ika, I am Agbor.
Soon it would be, I am not Agbor, I am Agbor nta.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2014
erico2k2:

Now you are talking however,God fathers are powerful, look at the case of our outgoing Govt he has nothing to show for his people the itsekiris, realy nothing, can anyone say same for Ibori? so if Okowa goes there God fathers might strangle him and if he dont playball he might face fights even B4 the first 4 years ends.Its realy crap politics I tell yah

IBORI, never knew when to stop. That's the reason he is in prison today and criminals worse than him are kingmakers in Nigeria. I am not ashamed to tell people he is the best GOV delta ever had. Okowa will learn from the last 2 years of Uduaghan, and avoid unnecessary distractions. Okowa is also well connected across the central and southern zone, I don't see him having the same problems Uduaghan had for his first 5 years.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 11:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
pazienza:

He can always shake off Ibori's and Urhobos hold over him, he is the Oga at the top now. Obj demystifed IBB and the north, GEJ had since demystified the North and OBJ.

T.A Orji did same to Orji Kalu, Chimaroke to Jim Nwobodo, and Sullivan to Chimaroke.

This is politics, Okowa would be a fool to be tied to any man or group's apron strings. He has four years to free himself and build his own power base, his time just started ticking, we would be watching from the sidelines.
guy you are forgetting one thing all them people you mentioned speak one language there is no diff between them hence no tribalism there.If UPU support shifts then he is on his own the whole Anioma cant vote him in, and lest we forgot he is coming up against Great ogboru,he is not an easy man to defeat.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 11:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
atlwireles:

IBORI, never knew when to stop. That's the reason he is in prison today and criminals worse than him are kingmakers in Nigeria. I am not ashamed to tell people he is the best GOV delta ever had. Okowa will learn from the last 2 years of Uduaghan, and avoid unnecessary distractions. Okowa is also well connected across the central and southern zone, I don't see him having the same problems Uduaghan had for his first 5 years.
well if he wins I hope he learns to take the Bull by the Horn and do what his people should be proud of, trust me charity begins at home says Iboru hence he sort his people first,today if you say rubbish about him in his town everybody will fight you. lol
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 11:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
erico2k2:

guy you are forgetting one thing all them people you mentioned speak one language there is no diff between them hence no tribalism there.If UPU support shifts then he is on his own the whole Anioma cant vote him in, and lest we forgot he is coming up against Great ogboru,he is not an easy man to defeat.

Ogboru is not running, APC picked Olorogun O'tega Emerhor. They knew PDP was going to support a candidate from the Northern senatorial zone.

That's not going to make any difference.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 11:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
atlwireles:

Ogboru is not running, APC picked Olorogun O'tega Emerhor. They knew PDP was going to support a candidate from the Northern senatorial zone.

That's not going to make any differences.
I know he is not running however he is not sitting if u get me
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
pazienza:

Beware of. any Nigerian that claims to be detribalized. There are no such thing as a detribalized Nigerian.
This is a crap flimflam! utter twaddle at best!
There are and always have been a set of Nigerians who are free from the shackles of tribalism. If you need a shred of proof, I am one. I love the musa of kano, the chinedu of enugu, the Ibinabo of Rivers, the okon of calabar, the tola of Ekiti et al. You know why? Because despite our obvious dissimilarities, we share one and the same humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by UnknownT: 12:00am On Dec 09, 2014
atlwireles:

That's not going to make any difference.
Ogboru is not contesting? Did he go to Labour Party to contest for NLC president? grin

2 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 12:00am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

There isn't much difference in population between Anioma and Urhobo, Anioma can always form an alliance with another group in Delta to render Urhobo powerless.

Power speaks, Urhobo is not really that United, their unity had been held by the Power they have been Holding in Delta for too long, Urhobo reminds. me of pre GEJ
northern Nigeria, starve them of power for some time, and see them fall apart, use the money at your disposal and buy some strong men amongst them(everyone has a price, we have seen GEJ masterfully use this game to destroy the so called northern unity).

Okowa must not disappoint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Wants Those Who Attacked His House Exposed / Pictures Of President Bola Tinubu And Governor Sanwo-Olu In Qatar / An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.