Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) (32784 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Saraki, Atiku In A Meeting / Tinubu’s Political Career Is Over - Bode George / Atiku's Political Adviser To Wole Soyinka - You Speak "like An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Fresia01(f): 10:36am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:

Seems they gave birth to you yesterday. Obasanjo did not achieve anything? I guess that phone of yours came from thin air.
GIVE ME HIS ACHIEVEMENTS MR ANCESTOR....

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by talktimi(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2014
The way Obj slept with his son's wife grin
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by buggaboo: 10:38am On Dec 09, 2014
paooxide:

Oga.. Try reading point blank without sentiments. He wrote of atiku's crave for presidency. Leaving God, does not have to be literary. I guess you were an arts major in secondary school.

Interesting observation ... Einstein

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by slimmingcare(f): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2014
For every good and evil you do;it is being recorded.Go and take a look at the main road from Mushin to sango toll gate where most of the working populace resides.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2014
Adminisher:

I don't think OBJ had third term agenda. If he did and as he has boasted many times before there was nothing stopping him. NIGERIA IS A VERY USELESS COUNTRY GOVERNED BY THE WEAKEST, MOST UN-NTELLIGENTI AND MOST COWARDLY PEOPLE.
Everybody in PDP is a political prostitute. Self seeking, soft in the head, selfish and materialistic. If Obj had used EFCC and money he would have gotten third term easily if he wanted and he had unbelievable money.
We need to remove this party in 2015 before they gang up and sell this country.

You have a point but the rumours of 3rd term then were heavy. I know if Obasanjo wanted it he would have even killed for it, however, I am sure he thought about it too. A lot of people were scared of him. The way he played Atiku and humbled him was something else. I remember vividly that he had so much control of the entity called Nigeria. His ministers were scared and will never act otherwise. Obasanjo will never tolerate a minister committing fraud or abusing his/her powers.

Like him or not, Obasanjo preserved our democracy. I committed a lot of atrocities to ensure that our young democracy was never truncated. Lets be honest, imagine our present president in power at that time. I bet the military would have taken over then and even if they are not even contemplating a coup now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2014
Elcemento:
Baba dey Para ooo.There's one thing you cant take away from this man, he's very smart and strategic,no wonder he's revered by the international community. He sure knows nigeria in and out.

#CEMENT!!! 300 BAGS MINIMUM, NO MAXIMUM.

Your are very on point my guy, I don't mind to vote for this man again.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 10:40am On Dec 09, 2014
talktimi:
The way Obj slept with his son's wife grin

The son's wife also slept with her own biological father. So it seems the woman is 70% the problem. She resorted to what women nowadays do, using what they have to get what they want.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2014
The question we should ask Baba is why publsih the autobigraphy now...that 2015 elections are close

Am beginning to see reason why some people insinuates he's silently working for the opposition, hence the frenzy from both parties to court his favour/support.

The man is simply playing politics.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by holatin(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:

Seems they gave birth to you yesterday. Obasanjo did not achieve anything? I guess that phone of yours came from thin air.
leave the fool man, he is only trying to feel among

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by kunlejazz(m): 10:42am On Dec 09, 2014
femidejulius:
I strongly believe that this Obasanjo's new book contains little truth, more perceptions and much falsehood (wc I agree even Obasanjo may not know).

Baba Femo has spoken!
In due course, you should give an account of the intricacies of Nigerian politics.
I'll be at the launching. cool

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by ElFenomeno1: 10:42am On Dec 09, 2014
Timehin:
The question we should ask Baba is why publsih the autobigraphy now...that 2015 elections are close

Am beginning to see reason why some people insinuates he's silently working for the opposition, hence the frenzy from both parties to court his favour/support.

Are you daft, dumb or dimwitted?!

What do you mean by why should OBJ publish his own autobiography now?!

His own personal autobiography..... He can publish anytime he wishes

Fu..c.king idio....t!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by holatin(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2014
Timehin:

You mean the same way the IGP is stooping low to Jonathan lap dog to behave political
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by hrykanu231(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2014
What abt the 16billion dollars for power?
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by hashtagg(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2014
This MYOPIC president is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria.......Oba Rilwan Akiolu..
see....

Obasanjo was the first President in the world to have issued himself the license to own a private university while still a sitting President. He is the proud owner of Bell University of Technology, Ota. As you read this piece, Obasanjo is the owner of the N12.7 billion Obasanjo Presidential Library at Ota in Ogun State. There is also the Five Star hotel he allegedly completed upon leaving office in 2007. His hilltop mansion a section of which was gutted by fire early last year was built while he was President..

FOR all it may be worth, the last tirade against President Goodluck Jonathan by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, is certainly one of the salvos intended to weaken the support base of the President as his enemies led by Obasanjo plan to hit him below the belt. But the reactions of Nigerians of varied backgrounds to Obasanjo’s old tricks show that they are no fools. The people’s condemnation of Obasanjo’s hypocrisy has been overwhelming.

The first reaction came from no less a personality than the traditional ruler of Lagos, His Majesty Oba Rilwan Akiolu, who said that Obasanjo’s government was the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria. The respected monarch cannot be more correct. Amidst Obasanjo’s catalogue of anti corruption verbal interventions, the question that now begs for an urgent answer is: Is Obasanjo among the Saints?

Due largely to our lamentable short memory, it seems as though we have forgotten so soon about the person of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and his recent past. But the poor boy from Owu Village in Ogun State was led by fortuitous and opportunistic circumstances to have a rendezvous with history and destiny. Against his will and command, Obasanjo became head of state after the assassination of his boss, General Murtala Muhammed. He was said to have been the man who launched Nigeria into the estranged comity of heavily indebted nations when he took the first ever N1 billion International Monetary Fund, IMF, loan in 1978 when the Nigerian currency was 75 kobo to the United States dollar.

Moments after Obasanjo left office in 1979, his regime’s pet project, Operation Feed the Nation, OFN, ceased to exist. It was succeeded by the Obasanjo Farms Nigeria. Today, the Ota Farms which was allegedly reduced to zero level by the regime of the late General Sani Abacha, is reputed to be one of the richest privately owned farms in the world.

Like a story in a book, Obasanjo was the first President in the world to have issued himself the license to own a private university while still a sitting President. He is the proud owner of Bell University of Technology, Ota. As you read this piece, Obasanjo is the owner of the N12.7 billion Obasanjo Presidential Library at Ota in Ogun State. There is also the Five Star hotel he allegedly completed upon leaving office in 2007. His hilltop mansion a section of which was gutted by fire early last year was built while he was President.

Obasanjo was alleged to have bought substantial shares in Transcorp, meaning he is into hospitality, airlines, insurance, agriculture, construction, oil and gas, etc. It was during his administration that a whopping $16 billion was spent to generate darkness for Nigerians for eight miserable years. It is as though Nigerians have forgotten so soon the Ikoyi land deals scandal, the National Poverty Alleviation scandal, the N10 billion presidential jet scandal, the Halliburton bribery scandal and the rest of the Jaw-breaking, mind-boggling corruption allegations that coloured Obasanjo’s dull Presidency. Here, we are not talking about the N36 trillion generated between 1999 and 2007 under Obasanjo who doubled as Petroleum Minister for seven and a half years.

Obasanjo under whose watch prominent Nigerian politicians, including Chief Marshall Harry, Chief A. K. Dikibo, Chief Ogbonnaya Uche, Chief Bola Ige, his Attorney General and Minister of Justice, were assassinated, alleged in his 18-page letter dated December 2, 2013 that Jonathan placed over
1,000 Nigerians on political watch list. According to him, while Jonathan was training snipers and other armed personnel secretly in a location where the late head of state General Abacha also allegedly trained his killers, he was clandestinely acquiring weapons for political purposes. One full year after his vainglorious allegations, Nigerians have not heard of the killing of any of Dr. Jonathan’s sworn enemies, a case of the pot calling the kettle black. In fact, corruption was more pronounce during the Obasanjo years than now. But if Obasanjo did so well in the management of the economy and the war on corruption, why are Nigerians complaining about his years of the locusts?

Just as he is doing to Jonathan, Obasanjo rankled the weeping wounds and gangrenes of Nigeria under erstwhile military president General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida. What did we see when Obasanjo was in the saddle between 1999 and 2007? He increased fuel prices eight times in eight years and sold juicy public enterprises off to himself and his cronies.

He accused IBB of running the nation aground with degenerate economic policies like the Structural Adjustment Programme, SAP, which, according to him, lacked a human face. He also dragged the Babangida junta to the dock of the people’s court to answer for charges of fuel price increases that induced greater hardships for the pauperised citizenry.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Cholison(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2014
Oh I am beginning to love Baba for documenting his political journeys for upcoming generations, surely something is worth learning from in this book. Some good some bad and all the rest.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by eropebest(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2014
Well all is well God we need your divine intervention in this country this has says something. But all is in the hands of us let us vote wisely because all of them. Are the same area fathers in ask rock what are we expecting from area boys on the street. May God help us rebuild this country call Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by wtfCode: 10:46am On Dec 09, 2014
i thought he was dead long ago.
I can kill that obj 4 free if i got the chance. angry angry
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by tonte(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2014
A man who wanted a third term and tried to bully his way through with it, now has the moral guts to say an elected and legally eligible sitting president should not contest for another term based on moral grounds...moral grounds? In a deal that he(Obj) struck... I wonder how and why someone like Obj has the guts to even put his name in the same sentence with the word 'moral' he should just sit down somewhere and stay drama free...what a time to release the book, to fan the flames of the already heated polity... He is just a greedy man, who thinks he has carved out a niche for himself that makes him look like a messiah and therefore he is jealous of the possibility that any president will command more respect and decorum after office than him, that's why he's on a perpetually sustained smear campaign against everyone but himself... I hate my language right now but that man is nothing but a grand old goat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Dee60: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2014
In a sense OBJ believes he owes Nigeria something either as a leader or as a watchdog. He needs to realize, though that he cannot play God.

I salute him for his patriotic zeal. I do not see any other politician with such zeal. Most of the others shouting G till 2019 do not know what tthey are asking for! Give him a chance and he will want to stay there for life.

At any rate, my guess is that if APC picks Atiku, their chances will become very slim. Probably, that is part of OBJ's intention. To stop Atiku.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Are you daft, dumb or dimwitted?!

What do you mean by why should OBJ publish his own autobiography now?!

His own personal autobiography..... He can publish anytime he wishes

Fu..c.king idio....t!

slowpoke..what will you gain from insults. Can't you make you own contribution without such sign of ill breeding

You are the daft one since you can't understand naija politics. Ode

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by jamace(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2014
gboss4sure:
It seems he wrote this book just to attack his opponents and people who doesn't agree with him. if thats the case then I would recommend a psychiatric evaluation for him
Supported.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 09, 2014
Elcemento:
Baba dey Para ooo.There's one thing you cant take away from this man, he's very smart and strategic,no wonder he's revered by the international community. He sure knows nigeria in and out.

#CEMENT!!! 300 BAGS MINIMUM, NO MAXIMUM.

With e-diots like you how can Nigeria move forward?
Revering the men that brought this nation down.
Nonsense
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by pekeyim: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2014
You had two chances to Rule Nigeria and you did over 10 years of Nigeria's 54 years History and this is where we are? You hand picked the Bunch that are in Control now and this is all you have to say?

Shame on You, Baba Iyabo. It's quite clear you don't have a conscience @ all. What was EFCC used for? If your VP paid bribe why haven't they arrested him until now?

Please allow us to have some sleep.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2014
Fresia01:
GIVE ME HIS ACHIEVEMENTS MR ANCESTOR....

- Preservation & consolidation of democracy
- Telecommunication/GSM
- Economic stability & Increase in foreign reserves (Banking, Insurance & Financial Institution Boom). This actually increased the employment index
- Introduction of anti-corruption agencies to fight against corruption
- Privatization of wasteful government agencies
- Introduction of HMOs/Health insurance
- Debt relief from Paris Club

Above are the few I can remember. These are policies implemented and many nigerians are still reaping the benefits. Not chicken and bowl policies we are not seeing but only read in newspapers.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by rad8(m): 10:53am On Dec 09, 2014
leave the man alone....he spoke the truth...jonathan administration is corrupt (we all knw that) and he is not doing anything abt it...yes, OBj was corrupt, buh he kept corruption at bay. the EFCC and ICPC were working during the obasanjo regime, buh under the jonanthan regime, its all milk and honey for corrupt officiers who has the backing of PDP and the presidency.
under jonah regime
1. the farouk lawal/otedola case
2. the alemesayia presidencial pardon...someone convicted by the US
3. the stella odua's case....d bullet proof car...hmmmm
4. even the united states is indicting jona of being corrupt( http://www.punchng.com/news/corruption-massive-under-jonathan-us/)
5. using that controversial police chief(i dint call name ooo...i no get money for lawyer) to intimidate his oppsitions
6. making suleoman Abba IGP
7. Repz jumping over fence..
8. under jona regime, we saw d impossible...6 impeaching 19)
9. high level of insurgency...(that one is partially his fault..they are there playing politics with insecurity)
10. we all rem the ASUU strike, the COE strike, the polytechnic strike...there was a major shutdown in the education system, also rem that our doctors are on strike..and there are there playing politics with it
11. nyesome wike....who threatened to sack all our lecturers is being supported by mama peace to contest the elections, only God knws what will happen to the civil servants in that state... ( i think we all knw the ans...they will all be sacked ryt)
12. as for ekiti state, a person who is under trial for corruption is re-elected
as for Atiku, we all knw he is a power monger, aldoh his own case is irrelevant..

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2014
eropebest:
Well all is well God we need your divine intervention in this country this has says something. But all is in the hands of us let us vote wisely because all of them. Are the same area fathers in ask rock what are we expecting from area boys on the street. May God help us rebuild this country call Nigeria.

Wow
God will come down from heaven to help Nigeria.
Interesting.

Nigerians are such deluded goons
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Akpan107(m): 10:53am On Dec 09, 2014
Atiku has already repented, he does'nt smoke, drink or womanized.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:

You have a point but the rumours of 3rd term then were heavy. I know if Obasanjo wanted it he would have even killed for it, however, I am sure he thought about it too. A lot of people were scared of him. The way he played Atiku and humbled him was something else. I remember vividly that he had so much control of the entity called Nigeria. His ministers were scared and will never act otherwise. Obasanjo will never tolerate a minister committing fraud or abusing his/her powers.

Like him or not, Obasanjo preserved our democracy. I committed a lot of atrocities to ensure that our young democracy was never truncated. Lets be honest, imagine our present president in power at that time. I bet the military would have taken over then and even if they are not even contemplating a coup now.

I was not going to comment until I saw the obasanjo preserved our democracy line.

You see people like you will praise a serpent.
Your likes are the problem with Africa and which is why out continent can't grow because e - diots like you will always have something positive to say about narcissistic leaders rather than berate them for their short comings.

Shame.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2014
rad8:
leave the man alone....he spoke the truth...jonathan administration is corrupt (we all knw that) and he is not doing anything abt it...yes, OBj was corrupt, buh he kept corruption at bay. the EFCC and ICPC were working during the obasanjo regime, buh under the jonanthan regime, its all milk and honey for corrupt officiers who has the backing of PDP and the presidency.
under jonah regime
1. the farouk lawal/otedola case
2. the alemesayia presidencial pardon...someone convicted by the US
3. the stella odua's case....d bullet proof car...hmmmm
4. even the united states is indicting jona of being corrupt( http://www.punchng.com/news/corruption-massive-under-jonathan-us/)

as for Atiku, we all knw he is a power monger, aldoh his own case is irrelevant..

Well said. During Obasanjo's tenure you would have to think twice to steal public funds as a public officer. Now, it is free for all money.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by petomas(m): 10:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Baba is old, experienced and Intelliigent. That's y @ times we human being fully known that no one is God and perfect in everything still go ahead to make unecessary statements as though we were God. We should be conscious of the fact that anywhere you are, someone is monitoring your movements and speeches. Especially your superiors.
Atiku never knew dat as far as he was a vice to Baba, he was been monitored and dats y he went ahead making some selfish plans. Personally, I believe that non our our day's politician is worth trusting. Let's shun tribal, religious and regional sentimtiments and face the truth for the good of our dear nation.

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Shakurpaul2: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Polictics is really getting complex this year. God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi / Three PDP NWC Members Return ‘mysterious’ N93.6m Paid Into Accounts / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.