Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) (32780 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Saraki, Atiku In A Meeting / Tinubu’s Political Career Is Over - Bode George / Atiku's Political Adviser To Wole Soyinka - You Speak "like An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by kingthreat(m): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
lomprico:

How can she be his son's wife when he is not married to her? Even if d son wasn't married to her yet, is that how a father shld treat his son's finance? U are such a buffon! undecided

She was Obj's girlfriend before she met Gbenga. Obj even warned Gbenga not to marry her. But Gbenga did not understand.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by paooxide(m): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
lioncoolst:
Ladies and gentlemen!

I often visit Nairaland to read posts and comments without commenting myself because I like to learn from intelligent and sound minds. However, the saying goes that all it takes for evil to thrive is for few good men to say nothing; I am one of the few good ones, and I have chosen to react to some of the comments here on this thread.

I am a believer in the notion that as youths of Nigeria, we are no longer the leaders of tomorrow as we have been deceived to believe over time by people who have no interest in the future of Nigeria or its youths. Rather, we are the leaders of today! Now, how can one claim to be a leader when he does not possess a shred of wisdom or what is popularly known as "common sense"? Even though for all intent and purpose, that sense is not common as I have observed over the years.

Here is a nice write up and an opportunity to learn from a man of experience, an elder statesman, a 2-time President of the FRN, a former BOT Chairman, a Party leader, a sage, a man known for his wisdom, cunny, sense, a master strategist, among other things. I am of the opinion that such a man should be understudied to know what he knows, and what makes past, present and future presidents of Nigeria to go to him - cap in hand - asking for his advise and seeking his blessings.

So, coming to this thread, I was looking forward to reading inspiring, motivating and sensible comments from some folks who appear to be in their prime. However, I was disappointed to be confronted with silly and witless comments like "..see pot calling kettle black", "do not mind that man, he is more corrupt than..." and so on and so forth.

Now, my question is "is this the issue at stake?" Is this the topic of discussion?" The answer is crystal - "No". So, why leave the substance and start chasing the shadows!!

Now, I know that it is not everybody that has the ability to reason before opening their mouths. Rather, some folks open their mouths first and do not even reason afterwards thereby showing that such folks have no substance in them, and this is quite unfortunate. Ignorance is bliss with these persons.

To whoever has ears to hear, kindly be informed that by reading books that were or are written by great and prominent people, you are given a window of opportunity to see what they have seen in their lives, a glimpse into their minds and probably what made them great and invincible, and also how their minds operated and still operates. In this instance, what he saw and experienced while he was in government as the number 1 citizen of this country, even though I still think the man is still in government.

There is an adage that says "what an elder sees while sitting, a child cannot see even if he climbs the tallest palm tree!" There is wisdom in this adage, I believe, and the adage is applicable in this instance. We, as youths of this country, need to sit down and learn wisdom, knowledge and understanding from elder who have experience, knowledge and cunny, for the betterment of self and the country. And you will agree with me that the man called OBJ is such a man to learn from, even though you do not like him. And no matter how much you dislike or hate him, you cannot do anything about it. So, rather than harboring bitterness and giving yourself headache over a man who does not know that you even exist, why don't you share from his wealth of knowledge and wisdom! For example, imagine these words:

“Timely information is a very important principle of war and also of politics. In politics, just as in war, what matters is not just your plan, but knowledge of your opponent’s plan. Knowing their plan, I had the choice of playing along with them or being firm, I chose the latter."

If you have read the book "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, you can relate to this. Anyway, as the saying goes, "a word is enough for the wise."

Thank you.

Bravo brother

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Adminisher: 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
kingthreat:

She was Obj's girlfriend before she met Gbenga. Obj even warned Gbenga not to marry her. But Gbenga did not understand.

What kind of falsehood are you people posting?.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by bassette(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
enigstil:
Whatever Obasanjo might have said in his book,to me shouldnt really be an issue.Can we kindly please compare governance under Obasanjo and other Presidents that has been in and out of that seat.Obasanjo has been the best of them.In the history of Nigeria baba still has the best cabinet that no other government in Nigeria has been known to have.Alot of the reformation that happened under baba has brought a lot of benefits to us.Lets look into some of these reformation,check out the banking sector and the recapitalisation thing,there was a time in this country that when a bank collapses your money is gone with it,but all these are history now.
Nitel reaped off alot of Nigerians,baba brought mobile telephony,if not for this,whould it have been possible for me and you to be on Nairaland.Even though alot of people said Abacha was the one that had the plan,but at least baba actuallized it.How so soon we forget things,have you forgotten the Abacha stove era,that we had to use saw dust to cook.You hardly can find any saw dust in the sawmills then,to mention a few.
In all sincerity standard of living really improved under Obasanjo till now.Let us all know that leadership is not an easy thing,we should respect and salute the efforts of these men.Managing an ordinary home is not an easy task,not to talk of a whole nation.We shouldnt forget baba is a mere mortal like me and you,he has his own flaws and imperfections too.Nigeria is our collective responsibility.If we all determine within us to make it a better nation we can achieve it.GOD BLESS US ALL AND MAKE ALL OUR EFFORTS MANIFEST IN BEAUTY,AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA,AMEN.
God bless,u,for,this,post sir...Obasanjo's appointment in 99 was divine..say whatever about him as u like,the Man,has played his role..he made mistakes,yes but heaven had a hand...Years ago,in sch i n my frnd,were talking n he Nigeria is a complex nation..i cudnt agree less...for things to work in this country wud require,effort...lemme stop here
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by walezy14(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
PassingShot:
Obasanjo is a pot calling the kettle black. He lacks the moral stature to castigate and expose people the way he does especially when we know the type of person he is. He is an oloriburuku somebody who had the best opportunity to put Nigeria back on the right track but instead chose to govern with sentiments, parochial thinking and worst of all vindictiveness.

Had he ruled with fairness and genuine interest of Nigeria at heart, we would not have been where we are today. In fact, we would have surpassed many western nations and be envied by others. But that unforgiving Ebora of Owu chose personal accomplishment over nation building and bestowed on us a weak Yar'adua and an incompetent Jonathan thinking that he could continue to manipulate both for his personal gains. And when God's plan changed the course of his plans, he has resulted to writing open letters and books all in a bid to pull people down.

Make no mistake, I'm not in support of GEJ or Atiku for they're both not fit to rule this great nation of ours. But it is the same Obasanjo who brought those guys to limelight to achieve sinister ends.

Atiku career has been finished by OBJ long ago during their well publicized acrimonious 2nd term. Atiku will need serious intervention of God to be relevant again in Nigerian politics.

i am not sure you have aged person in your family. In yoruba custom, you dont call an elderly person oloriburuku ( also read bible) if truely you want to get to that age. All this thing backfire if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Satex(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
onatisi:
This article is full of political wisdom and lessons. No wonder baba is consulted by politicians across party lines for wisdom and advice. This book is one that every politician needs to get a copy.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by johnbuck81(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
lioncoolst:

Does this affect you in any way, young man? Did the woman's husband complain to you? sadWhy don't you take the substance of the man's argument and leave him to his weaknesses. Think, learn and grow rich!
shut ur smelling mouf...y shud i take him serious wen he cnt control his household and keep f*cking his daughter inlaw.
mayb u r one of those dat will let ur dad service ur wife 4 u.
#nonsense
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by paooxide(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
ebdib:

Which tribe do you think I belong to?
Look at this tribalistic junkie.

Of course I wasn't expecting anything better from your walnut sized cretinous brain.
Re-tard

Are you done? .. Okay lets see did you fight in the civil? Uhmm no i guess...
Did you know about the reforms that military went through during his era... No again..
Bros i no sabi type bad words but i can suggest ;

1. Google the Internet about OBJ
2. Go to a public library and read more books like why we struck and civil war, add amalgamation documents too so that you can understand the former easier.
3. Go to your village Chiefs and ask how and why coups occurred, but if alarm blow for you, take an excursion,'s scholarship to presidential library or
4. Just switch of you data because the last time i checked the wealthiest man in your village, that's even small, maybe geographical location as at 1999 did not have the privilege you are wasting now.
People like you are the reason the cost of data has to be high.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by tit(f): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
xpac01:
This man is just so desparate to clear the foul air around him. We can now see the mindset of leaders we have in this country. When other leaders are taking pains to write books that will inspire their nations and world entirely. I really thought this papa was trying to emulate the great books like, 'Long walk to freedom' by Nelson Mandela, 'My Life' by Bill Clinton et al. Dear OBJ, please we know the truth already. Just tell us you've reprented and start practicing your theological training by preaching to us rather than trying to remind us about your past sh.its.

God bless you.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
paooxide:

Are you done? .. Okay lets see did you fight in the civil? Uhmm no i guess...
Did you know about the reforms that military went through during his era... No again..
Bros i no sabi type bad words but i can suggest ;

1. Google the Internet about OBJ
2. Go to a public library and read more books like why we struck and civil war, add amalgamation documents too so that you can understand the former easier.
3. Go to your village Chiefs and ask how and why coups occurred, but if alarm blow for you, take an excursion,'s scholarship to presidential library or
4. Just switch of you data because the last time i checked the wealthiest man in your village, that's even small, maybe geographical location as at 1999 did not have the privilege you are wasting now.
People like you are the reason the cost of data has to be high.

Hahahaha
What a strange world we live in.
Someone languishing in heat and unemployment is telling me to go and read.

I'm sure you're still an undergraduate or maybe you just graduated.
You need to be better educated your junk school doesn't cut it
Oh and while you're at it learn to write.
Your writing is atrocious.

Gosh
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
@paooxide
It's unfortunate nairaland doesn't have a block button for vermins like you.

DO. NOT. QUOTE. ME. AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by paooxide(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
ebdib:

Look you tribalistic junkie
Don't quote be again.
Go Look for your mates in the motor park.

Your r.etarded brain is on the same wavelength with theirs.

Lol, what's with you and tribe, but so far i see you know your way around the motor park easily. Can u tell me please.. How long have you been in that motor park we are talking?.. Old enough i guess!
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Greatchance: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Adminisher:

That's is the truth, infact Alake of Egbaland was a witness
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by paooxide(m): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
ebdib:
@paooxide
It's unfortunate nairaland doesn't have a block button for vermins like you.

DO. NOT. QUOTE. ME. AGAIN.

Lol ... You are still typing.. You must be getting tired gradually keep using words while thinking everybody will reply you with same... Please can you tell me the meaning of vermins because i don't understand it and i love learning.
Also, if you command me again you may end up knowing only how to refresh your browser.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by tit(f): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
“Without seeking my view or approval, he started planning the installation of Chuba Okadigbo as the senate president. I did a background check on Chuba including his past as a student and made enquiries about him in the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) under (President Shehu) Shagari and no one would recommend him for the post of senate president.

“I left Atiku to go on his chase while I carried out a meticulous and detailed investigation and background check on each senator from the South-east. The one that appeared most appointable was Evan Enwerem. I canvassed the senate across the board for his election and he was elected. Atiku did not expect it and he felt sore.

This shows how stupid and foolish obj is.
His meticulous and detailed investigation and background check did noot uncover that Evan had a dead twin brother called Evans?
And he never got to tell us what lowlights Okadigbo had that made him unfit to be senate president. Just insinuations and suggestions.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by kingthreat(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
Adminisher:

Perhaps buy Obj's book to better understand the issue rather than believing part-stories and rumours.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by paooxide(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
ebdib:

Hahahaha
What a strange world we live in.
Someone languishing in heat and unemployment is telling me to go and read.

I'm sure you're still an undergraduate or maybe you just graduated.
You need to be better educated your junk school doesn't cut it
Oh and while you're at it learn to write.
Your writing is atrocious.

Gosh

Thank you sir. I will do that.. It's really a good advice. Lol
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by adisa009(m): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
paooxide:
Maybe they are same, but come to think of it. After winning the civil war, being a two term Democratic president and an old man, he has nothing to loose. I think what is left to know now is the,hidden truths about what transpired up there. Nigerian politics is more than just voting primaries and elections, you need spies, allies, even create enemies . (try watching game of thrones)
Also, I am not surprised that many people don't know how to make political comments, and that has affected our political intelligence.

Kudos bro, you are indeed homo-politicus. I hope we learn the very best we could from Obasanjo before he is gone. OBJ exposing their collective secret after two wasteful tenure is a sign of good thing happening to Nigeria so, let's applaud his courage for expossing the cabal and their agelong evil deeds. The message like people do say is good but the messanger is guilty therefore, let's make use of the good message and headway on how best we can make the best choice out of our numerous aspirants for various positions. Of course, I'm not seen Atiku achieving anything been the president of Nigeria because he served with the corrupt govt for 8years without public chievement except personal attainment! So, APC DELEGATES...make no mistake because of ATIKU take home bags!!!!!!! On my list; GEJ, ATIKU, IBB family, Abacha family, Obasanjo family, Almustapha family have soiled their reputation with their bad legacy thereby forfeited the chance of their born and unborn generation from been considered for any elective positions.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by GoodMuyis(m): 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Amacaco:
Obasanjo considers himself the "God' of Nigeria who is flawless, knows all, dictates all, and gratiously grants the country and its citizens favours. He does not see any wrong or evil in himself but sees that of others. Atiku planned on how to become the President of Nigeria without taking him (the Nigerian "God"wink into consideration and for that reason he dealt with him. Jonathan wants to go for another term when He has not "divinely" ordained it and so he must do everything to stop him. These arrogation of power which he does not have will one day kill him. He should go and rest.
Did you ever try to read without sentiment, Hope this answer you Confused mind
That was what I brought him for, but he was impatient and over-ambitious. He was not ready to learn and to wait. His marabout, who predicted that despite being elected as governor, he would not be sworn in as a governor, which happened, also assured him that[b] he would take over from me[/b] in a matter of months rather than years.

Next time i will have to ask you if you ever answer summary in your WAEC wink

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
iv4fb:

Well,

I havent criticized him, you brought up issues that were not worth it. Apparently, our mentality is so brutalized that the norm is now regarded as improvements worth singing praises for. Again, i disagree on how browsing the internet via your phone is an initiative from OBJ, except you'll add bringing computers to your doorstep', afterall, some 'monk' thanked GEJ for bringing facebook to Nigeria. I'm yet to understand what you mean by "... working into a hospital and paying little fee...", which hospital are you talking abt? Abt the banking jobs, I remember vividly how medical doctors and co were looking for banking jobs during that era, it was the OBJ era that banking became a job for every field of study. Abt Pension, OBJ brought that? I think you're the one who need a lot of reading here.

Dont get me wrong, Some people need to be heavily thankful to OBJ, people like GEJ and probably you were made by OBJ. Others are permitted to hate him with passion, people from ODI will squeeze life outta him if they have the opportunity, we're all entitled to our opinions and we're permitted to see things from different perspectives Religion and Ethnicity aside. No doubt, GEJ is far worse, probably unworthy to lace the shoe of OBJ in development, but that doesnt make OBJ a saint. He was still a devil!

What does the telecommunication policy mean to you? Do you know how much bandwidth cost now and what it costed 15 years ago? I can tell you because I worked in that industry as at then and it was a slow as the tortoise. Cybercafe business costed close to N10million to start up with just 5 computers. Now, university undergraduates can set-up a cyber cafe.

Now you can change your phone at your own discretion, at least after checking your pockets. That is because the telecommunication roadmap was implemented, if it was truncated - we would still be at the mercy of NITEL.

What does HMO mean to you? If you do not know this you must be a university undergraduate and still under the sponsor of your parents or guardian. Without the introduction of health insurance, the cost of quality health services will be so enormous even with our quack doctors. Now if you work with a reputable organisation, you can walk into any hospital of your choice, show them your ID card, get treated and pay little or no fees because it is mandatory for your employers to sign up all employees with a reputable HMOs.

The BOOM days were memorable days and a lot of people are still benefiting from it. The Banking industry was booming, telecoms was booming, services sectors also saw the need to increase personnel. Accounting/Financial Consultants saw the need to increase personnel. The effect was spiral. The fear for parents reduced. Graduates were not pulling down the gates of Mobil, Shell and the Civil Service.

Pension Bill was sponsored, passed and implemented by Obasanjo. Please go back to your history book. You do not need to go back to history. Jonathan has not implemented any major economic policy (that I am so sure of). Yaradua spent months in office before he transcended. So you are left with only one option. wink

To conclude, I do not like Obasanjo - why? He had all opportunity to be the greatest president Nigeria will ever have, for now he is, by resolving our fundamental issues e.g Power. He used his first tenure to consolidate himself in Power and sustain democracy and he actually worked in his second tenure, where he changed politically figure head to technocrats. I know if he had succeeded with third term, we would have had constant power supply. Quite unfortunate that for 6 years - we are yet to understand this current administration.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by aresa: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
lioncoolst:
Ladies and gentlemen!

I often visit Nairaland to read posts and comments without commenting myself because I like to learn from intelligent and sound minds. However, the saying goes that all it takes for evil to thrive is for few good men to say nothing; I am one of the few good ones, and I have chosen to react to some of the comments here on this thread.

I am a believer in the notion that as youths of Nigeria, we are no longer the leaders of tomorrow as we have been deceived to believe over time by people who have no interest in the future of Nigeria or its youths. Rather, we are the leaders of today! Now, how can one claim to be a leader when he does not possess a shred of wisdom or what is popularly known as "common sense"? Even though for all intent and purpose, that sense is not common as I have observed over the years.

Here is a nice write up and an opportunity to learn from a man of experience, an elder statesman, a 2-time President of the FRN, a former BOT Chairman, a Party leader, a sage, a man known for his wisdom, cunny, sense, a master strategist, among other things. I am of the opinion that such a man should be understudied to know what he knows, and what makes past, present and future presidents of Nigeria to go to him - cap in hand - asking for his advise and seeking his blessings.

So, coming to this thread, I was looking forward to reading inspiring, motivating and sensible comments from some folks who appear to be in their prime. However, I was disappointed to be confronted with silly and witless comments like "..see pot calling kettle black", "do not mind that man, he is more corrupt than..." and so on and so forth.

Now, my question is "is this the issue at stake?" Is this the topic of discussion?" The answer is crystal - "No". So, why leave the substance and start chasing the shadows!!

Now, I know that it is not everybody that has the ability to reason before opening their mouths. Rather, some folks open their mouths first and do not even reason afterwards thereby showing that such folks have no substance in them, and this is quite unfortunate. Ignorance is bliss with these persons.

To whoever has ears to hear, kindly be informed that by reading books that were or are written by great and prominent people, you are given a window of opportunity to see what they have seen in their lives, a glimpse into their minds and probably what made them great and invincible, and also how their minds operated and still operates. In this instance, what he saw and experienced while he was in government as the number 1 citizen of this country, even though I still think the man is still in government.

There is an adage that says "what an elder sees while sitting, a child cannot see even if he climbs the tallest palm tree!" There is wisdom in this adage, I believe, and the adage is applicable in this instance. We, as youths of this country, need to sit down and learn wisdom, knowledge and understanding from elder who have experience, knowledge and cunny, for the betterment of self and the country. And you will agree with me that the man called OBJ is such a man to learn from, even though you do not like him. And no matter how much you dislike or hate him, you cannot do anything about it. So, rather than harboring bitterness and giving yourself headache over a man who does not know that you even exist, why don't you share from his wealth of knowledge and wisdom! For example, imagine these words:

“Timely information is a very important principle of war and also of politics. In politics, just as in war, what matters is not just your plan, but knowledge of your opponent’s plan. Knowing their plan, I had the choice of playing along with them or being firm, I chose the latter."

If you have read the book "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, you can relate to this. Anyway, as the saying goes, "a word is enough for the wise."

Thank you.

This is the reason why we can not debate anything intelligently on NL. We have too many trolls and unintelligent people polluting meaningful threads all over the place with redundant and unintelligent jargon that contributes nothing to the thread or educate us in anyway.

Instead of formulating sane and rational thoughts to support or counter, all we get is lame and unintelligent utterances like pot calling kettle black, you are corrupt to, GEJ till 2019, go and die and so on..

As GEJ, I definitely won't be happy with such low intellects and lightweights as my supporters and defenders..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by GoodMuyis(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
iv4fb:

Are you serious? Tell me more...
Dude, Telecommunication/GSM were his achievement? Economic Stability?, DAMN! you need to understand and not just buy in the propaganda sold to you.
I guess you should add that Obasanjo brought computers to Nigeria... Have you forgotten that it was during his era that PCs start selling faster?

That guy did more harm than good, from 16billion dollars into power, being the oil Minister... no need for details, believe what you believe.

Hey Be calm, the book is three volumes, something is coming on 16billion dollars into power. if he did not say anything about it, i will exposed the truth
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
lioncoolst:
Ladies and gentlemen!

Thank you.

I did your comment injustice by first not reading and passing it over. Maybe because of its length and I thought you belong to the school of thought who sits down and start to castigate people without even coming up close and personal.

I must confess that your comment remains the best and addresses the issue head on. For me, this book is a must have and a must read.

Well done

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by deucelaw: 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
I did rather call it"unforgetting heart"....and why should he forget to voice out. Our problem is that we close our senses to things that matters. I think obj is taking the role of John the Baptist " A lone voice in the wilderness"...and it is borne out of genuine concern. When the book is out am sure you will receive many revelations. Many questions would be answered and we would have a wider scope to draw conclusions from.

ozoigbondu1:
Obj has an unforgiving hearth...
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by xtervaganza(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
Atiku was confide t and God was laughing

Lol

Obasanjo is a legend hahahhaha

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by xtervaganza(m): 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
9ijaprince:
one thing i ve come to understand about obasanjo is that he never admits commiting any error. imagine him telling nigerians that third term ambition was never his plan. chai, baba you can lie oh
besides media speculation, was there ever a public announcement made by Obasanjo towards 3rd term?

He never for once declare his interest in the 3rd term, it was atiku's little strategy that backfired
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
Sooooo, ATIKU was the reason behind that 'sharing of ghana-must-go bags' in the senate in '99?? undecidedundecided. OBJ has ALMOST all the fact files of politicians in Nigeria..but the only prominent person's own missing in his shelf is Buhari's own!!! gringringrin ...'ka chineke meziokwu...'..*in zebudayya's voice* cheesycheesycheesy. GMB all the way!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by tit(f): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
Sooooo, ATIKU was the reason behind that 'sharing of ghana-must-go bags' in the senate in '99?? undecidedundecided. OBJ has ALMOST all the fact files of politicians in Nigeria..but the only prominent person's own missing in his shelf is Buhari's own!!! gringringrin ...'ka chineke meziokwu...'..*in zebudayya's voice* cheesycheesycheesy. GMB all the way!

obasanjo shared ghana-must-go to get Ewere elected as senate president. this was even before the inauguration of the senate.
Roland Owie, former senate leader, alluded to this fact in an interview some tears ago.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Godbest(m): 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
You have great understanding i respect you
tim26will:
ATIKU ABUBARKA lord of the machine of mass destruction.
The one who never believe in eating with small teeth
He said "if God created teeth to bite and shew, I'll rather get them big and many, so if I will bite, it must be deep and if I will shew, it must be completely grounded.
A man that does not believe in fighting with tactics but with multitude
He is just like the Americans, they have all the weapons and technologies but lack tactics of war.
They protect with technologies but their enemies kills them with tactics
He believes in using money and many people to battle but his enemies always allow him to leave his comfort zone where his soldiers will not get water to drink when they are tired and then strike the tactic less commander.
The unordained president to be of Nigeria
I LIKE YOUR COURAGE, ONLY IF YOU HAVE EVER CAME ACROSS THIS QUOTE "BUY KNOWLEDGE, BUY WISDOM SELL IT NOT"
TRUELY I ONCE READ THAT MONEY IS A DEFENCE BUT ONE WISE MAN IS BETTER THAN MANY MIGHTY MEN OF WAR THAT LACK WISDOM.
HHHMMMM, YOU ALWAYS LOSE A BATTLE BEFORE YOU STARTED IT
YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A STEPPING STONE TO GLORY FOR YOUR OPPONENTS IN EVERY ELECTIONS YOU HAVE CONTESTED FOR
IT MAKES ME TO REMEMBER WHAT THAT MAN SAID TO YOUR MOTHER THE DAY YOU WERE BORN. "HE IS GOING TO BE GREAT, MIGHTY AND RICH, BUT HE WILL NEVER BE WEATHY AND WILL NOT GET TO THE TOP OF HIS DESIRE POSITION IN LIFE OR DEATH.
I KNOW SHE FAILED TO TELL YOU, BUT THAT DOESNT MATTER, ATLEAST YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO FOR THE FINAL ROUND OF IT IN LIFE.

YOU ARE LIKE A KING THAT HAS NO KINGDOM
A WARRIOR THAT HAS NO QUEST
A PEACE MAKER THAT HAS NEVER WITNESS ANY FIGHT
A BARBER IN A BALD MEN ISLAND
A LIFE SAVING DOCTOR IN A GRAVE YARD
A VIRGIN IN A DELIVERY ROOM.

You see, when I was told that you want to go the way of ABRAHAM LINCOLN, I laughed and said hope he still has enough time on earth to do this.
Farmers have a soap they use often and often to bath if they must succeed and get a better yield. It's called PATIENT (not of the First Lady)
Military and Corpers called it ENDURANCE
YOU LOST IT FROM BEGINING OF YOUR CHILDHOOD AND NOW ITS TELLING ON YOU.

HOW I WISH YOU KNOW THAT YAR'ADUA DIED AS A PRESIDENT OF THIS NATION AND THE ONLY HONOR NIGERIA CAN GIVE HIM WAS TO WRAP HIM IN A WHITE CLOTH AND THROW HIM IN THAT 6Ft HOLE

IF YOU ARE REALLY THIRSTY FOR THAT PRESIDENCY SEAT, TRY TO APPRECIATE THOSE THAT ARE THERE, EITHER BY PRETENCE OR BY CROOK.
YOU SEE I ALWAYS LOVE TO QUOTE WHAT I ONCE HEARD FROM MY MENTOR AND FATHER
"HE THAT DESPISED GREATNESS CAN NEVER BE GREAT," SO ALSO "HE THAT DESPISED HIS LEADERS CAN NEVER LEAD"

You have lost savor, you have lost taste
The ball you are trying to kick is already deflated, it won't get to the goal post before it stop

ALL YOU HAVE LOST IS WISDOM AND PATIENCE AND NOT THE PRESIDENT SEAT

IF YOU STILL HAVE ANOTHER LIFE AFTER THIS, MAYBE YOU WILL LEARN
BUT FROM HIS VOICE "YOU CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA IN LIFE OR IN DEATH"
HHHMMM BUT SIR FOLLOW YOUR HEART.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by tit(f): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Atiku was confident and God (obasanjo) was laughing.

QED!
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by biomedixexcel(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
This book is must buy for me
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
laimo:
Obj might be bad.I've never fancied pdp in government.But he has his freedom:it's his unassailable right.

He has a right to publish his memoirs but what am saying is the timing coupled with his revelations regarding some political players for 2015 will easily place those concerned in bad light amongst their associates/friends/populace.

That to me is 'politics'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… / Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances / Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.