Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode (41169 Views)

The Questions Okonjo-Iweala Could Not Answer By Oshiomhole / Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode / Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by ShakurM(m): 8:07am On Dec 14, 2014
courage54:

God bless you too sir. Pls let's share the good gospel of Buhari to enlighten those who do not no much about him
Of course, I am sharing it. I can't even believe Nigerians saying GEJ 2019.. have they been living under the rocks or what lipsrsealed
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by KINGPIN26(m): 8:10am On Dec 14, 2014
When those bastards where breadin this sect in the open in kano and environ no body 4t against it........Nw that d dogs they trained is bitin back cos they'r nw blamin d dog 4 being a bad 1 and also got to c that its nt getin funny, u open ur mouth to tel me they'r nt muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by hansad: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2014
Soon you shall tell voters that in 2001, Buhari never exhorted Muslims to strive to make use of extreme sharia laws be implemented for all of Nigeria. And Boko quickly emerged to fight for a country governed with extreme sharia laws. And lately, as Jonah talked about declaring full war against Boko, Buhari countered that Jonah was declaring war against Nigeria.You must have believed that most of Nigeria's voters are fools.
kjhova:
What is going on from the PDP & TAN clan is increased tempo of a base propaganda to continue to use half truths & outright lies to tarnish the personality of #GMB.

#GMB never once threatened to make the country "ungovernable for #GEJ". Those who spread this lie know he didn't say so but they count on your probable stupidity & gullibility to sell such dummy. A lie told by so many for so long becomes truth!

Also, #GMB's preference for sharia above the "judeo-british" legal code within the muslim community is a normal opinion for any muslim. There are millions of muslims in the PDP e.g. Sambo (Vice-President) & all the ministers, governors etc who prefer sharia too. Does that make these individuals terrorists or anti-Nigerians? Have states like Kebbi or Zamfara where sharia is practised persecuted or killed non-muslims? The answer to all these is no! BTW, #GMB never said he wants sharia for the entire federation.

The quote from the very deliberately vile FFK about #GMB ordering muslims never to vote for a christian in 2001 is also very revising of the truth. The general only advised the muslim community who long for access to sharia to vote more of their own people to government who can understand their desires & better agitate for them. This is not so far from the type of campaign the black caucus canvasses in inner-city America for votes for more black representatives in government.

Is #GMB a "sponsor" of BH? Whatever answer you give this question, our C-in-C #GEJ remains indicted! If the answer is yes, then Jonathan has failed for not arresting such sponsors & ending terror. If the answer is no, Jonathan fails even more for the lies he & his govt has been spreading against a renowned patriot.

Of the "dogs & baboons will be soaked in blood" metaphor of 2011, we may not be able to say any further as the matter has been "propagandasized" into monstrous levels by our Federal Govt. In an address to CPC members, #GMB metaphorised in Hausa saying; "Kare Jini, Biri Jini" literally meaning "bloodied dog, bloodied baboon" but idiomatically meaning "keenly contested"! Every Hausa speaker knows that this statement is harmless, the Feds know it too but they choose to create propaganda about it on the hope that you are gullible enough to swallow this.

There is similar idiom in Yoruba language e.g. for a huge party or festival, it may be said that "aiye gbo, orun gba". Literally "the whole Earth heard & even Heaven was aware of it" but idiomatically meaning "it was a great festivity".

Be not deceived, more flacks will be heaved at #GMB from the camp of TAN, GEJ & PDP. Most of these will be reharsh of the same old baseless accusations. But we are confident that for Nigeria to move forward, truth will prevail over propaganda in 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by KINGPIN26(m): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2014
The question i nid u'l buhari supporters to answer is that.......is corruption or insecurity nigeria greatest problen as of 2013/2014
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Azo(m): 8:23am On Dec 14, 2014
KINGPIN26:
The question i nid u'l buhari supporters to answer is that.......is corruption or insecurity nigeria greatest problen as of 2013/2014

Then what is? Please enlighten me..
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by eaccyboy(m): 8:29am On Dec 14, 2014
Jerry24kay:

You are the Greatest Fool on Earth and a Big Shame to ur Family for supporting Bad Governance

Am a Yoruba Christian and I Want Good governance and GEJ has failed to do so

6 years is enough for me to know whether some1 is Competent or not

.. I am giving it to GMB to do his part ..

Stop Using the Name of the Lord God in Vain ...
let wtch n see if buhari wins..
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by adisa009(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2014
sunnyflakes:

U NO B GOD. YOU'VE ONLY ONE VOTE AND WE ARE NOT AS DUMB AS YOU THINK TO SWAY OUR OPINION WITH YOUR MEDIA JINGOISM... ABEGIIIIIII

I'm not God and I can never be that is the more reason why I dont talk without putting the word God 'cos I believe so much in whateve he does and I'm asking him by his mighty to flush GEJ off the Aso Rock come 2015! I have one vote thesame way you do yet I see reasonable people all around me who hates impunity and love discipline, they love a leader who promise and fulfill not promise and fail president like Jonathan! In fact, God himself hate people with failed promises like GEJ. I call on God in his abundant mercy to replace GEJ with GMB in 2015.
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by April4th(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2014
courage54:

Bros why not just speak for yourself instead of this your myopic generalisation.

Niger-Delta will never vote for an Hausa man,take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Azo(m): 8:42am On Dec 14, 2014
Please read this from obj "My Watch" according to a nairalander..

Have you Read Obj "my watch" ?

18 Critical Things Former President Obasanjo Said About President Jonathan In His New Book

"In the area of corruption, we have been going back steadily from the inception of Yar’Adua’s administration when the ‘hunter’ became the ‘hunted’," Obasanjo states. "Under Jonathan we seem to have gone from frying pan to fire. If in the past corruption was in the corridors of power, it would seem now to be in the sitting room, dining room and bedroom of power."

In his scathing new autobiography, My Watch, former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo made a series of critical assertions against current President Goodluck Jonathan.

Due to the nature of the content, an ally of President Jonathan attempted to use a court order to block the publication of the book.

President Jonathan also personally contacted the former president to appeal that the book not be published until next year, after the 2015 presidential election. Despite this My Watch launched yesterday, Dec. 9, in Lagos, in the presence of prominent political figures and officials.

Review of the three-volume text by SaharaReporters noted that the elder statesman holds nothing back, characterizing Mr. Jonathan as weak, callous and incapable of managing Nigeria.

He also criticizes the handling of the Boko Haram insurgency crisis, the PDP, and the Governors Forum, among other things. Excerpts from some of the most significant critiques are below.

On President Jonathan's character:
Jonathan is lacking in broad vision, knowledge, confidence, understanding, concentration, capacity, sense of security, courage, moral and ethical principles, character and passion to move the nation forward on a fast trajectory.

Although he might wish to do well, he does not know how nor does he have the capacity to. To compound his problem he has not surrounded himself with aides sufficiently imbued with the qualities and abilities to help him out.

Most of them are greedy hangers-on or hungry lacklustre characters interested only in their mouths and their pockets

President Jonathan can still make amends to save himself, many of his associates in government, his government, and the nation. If, in the end, he fails he will have no one but himself to blame.

He has great opportunities, many of which only come once in a lifetime; and if he misses them it will only be due to his inadequacy, myopia, personal interest and self-aggrandizement, lack of sagacity, wisdom. I hope he can and will avoid having any cause for regret.

The longest period that I have met one-on-one with the president was for one hour and ten minutes. That whole time, the president talked about nothing that was in the interest of Nigeria; instead he kept pointing out his supposed enemies and various matters that would not serve his interests.

I could not stop myself from blurting out: “Mr. President, no Nigerian should be your enemy. You have to rule over all of them whether or not they like you. Please, you have to be like rain falling on good and bad people alike.”

An elder statesman who formed a close relationship with President Jonathan very early in his presidency came to the conclusion, after six months, that the president has not got what it takes to lead.

It was the same elder statesman who reportedly tried to jolt the president into action by telling him that there were five presidents in Nigeria, and these were his wife the first lady, Deziani, Oduah, Ngozi and the president himself, and that he was the weakest of the five.

On corruption:
In the area of corruption, we have been going back steadily from the inception of Yar’Adua’s administration when the ‘hunter’ became the ‘hunted’. But under Jonathan we seem to have gone from frying pan to fire. If in the past corruption was in the corridors of power, it would seem now to be in the sitting room, dining room and bedroom of power.

If what is called ‘corruption’ is stealing, under the watch of Goodluck Jonathan, then government has become legalised and protected robbery.

The presidency had instructed EFCC to remove a vital document in Gbenga Daniel’s file in their custody, to assist getting Gbenga Daniel off the hook. All these cases were reported to the president and were known to him; but because they involve the president’s interests, directly or indirectly, no action has been taken.
With the 2011 elections, heavy financial prices were paid to Lagos and Ondo State opposition political leaders to secure the vote for the president, against the interest of PDP at the state level...

The situation where the president surreptitiously invited Bola Tinubu, lifting him at night by presidential aircraft from Lagos to Abuja to hatch a plan for Bola to support one PDP presidential candidate at the expense of all other PDP candidates for any office in Lagos, can only be described as obscene, unethical, corruption-ridden and a show of bad leadership...W

hatever amount of money was given to Bola Tinubu to procure votes for the 2011 presidential election in Lagos was, to say the least, unnecessary. What made this phenomenon particularly bad was that government had raised the money from government transactions which fuel corruption.

I got a warning that this administration was attempting to induce two of my daughters, including Iyabo, to do a dirty job. I warned them both against it, but because of her character, the influence of her mother and her attitude, Iyabo succumbed; the other daughter did not.

On the Boko Haram insurgency, the insecurity crisis, and #BringBackOurGirls:
I was in Sierra Leone on the day Boko Haram [bombed] the UN building in Abuja. As soon as I returned to Nigeria I called the inspector-general of police to hear his views on the issue. I was not impressed with his explanation.

I also talked to the then national security adviser and his explanation was substantially blank. I went to Jonathan, the president, on the same issue. His reaction, and his view that Boko Haram were ‘a bunch of riffraffs’ left me even colder.

The one incident that overtly and graphically exposed the ineptitude, ineffectiveness, inefficiency, carelessness, cluelessness, callousness, insensitivity and selfishness of Goodluck Jonathan was the abduction of about 276 school girls from Chibok in Borno State by Boko Haram.

The reaction and attitude of our president and his household was non-belief, to the extent that 18 days passed before he grudgingly concede to accept the reality of the abduction. If serious action had been taken within 48 hours, the story could have been different.

I was not surprised that the president went dancing twenty-four hours after the Nyanya explosion that took seventy-five lives. I also found believable the statement allegedly credited to the president after both the Nyanya explosion and the Chibok school girls abduction to the effect that since some people in the North had said that they would make Nigerian ungovernable, they could keep on killing and abducting each other.

If these girls are not released, it will be a big dent on the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan, and a dark blot on Nigeria’s reputation and history; and, for years and indeed decades, Nigeria will continue to live with the agony and memory of the action and inaction of leadership regarding the Chibok school girls.

But what is more, a bad precedent would have been created; Boko Haram has tasted blood and will always want more… Who knows, another group of terrorists might have learned from Boko Haram. This time it is Chibok; next time it could be Ibogun or Otueke.

Vice-President Biden had categorically told Jonathan during the African Summit in Washington in August 2014 that with the state of his governance and the level of the destruction of the military, they would not be able to help Nigeria.

On PDP and party politics:
A political party, and its leadership, that condones corruption and engages discredited people to abuse and insult genuine, authentic and objective critics is a political party on the path of ruin and destruction.

The PDP must be rescued from that path, otherwise it will soon fade into history. Criticism, particularly objective criticism, is an indispensable element of democracy and a democratic dispensation.

PDP would need to be brought back to being a well-led, disciplined and respected, harmonious party that can easily win elections, rule and govern, and not one sacrificing the party’s interest for personal gain, setting governors of the party against each other, supporting candidates of other parties against candidates of the party as it happened in Lagos, Edo and Ondo States, and harassing credible leaders of the party and seeking to replace them with criminals and dubious characters in order to further presidential interests.

On the Nigerian Governors Forum election crisis:
Two governors from the [PDP] - Liyel Imoke of Cross River and Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta States - and Godswill Akpabio from Akwa Ibom State by himself, came to me in Abuja, appealing to me to intervene in the situation of the Governors’ Forum, particularly in the disagreement within the PDP governors.

Akpabio said starkly in his frank and outspoken manner: “We have messed up and don’t leave us alone. For me, I don’t want to go to jail and my children are too young. I will report our meeting to the President.” Nobody, including President Jonathan, would like to go to jail, and he knew he could, depending on how things turned out or failed to shape from then on.

I have always seen the Governors’ Forum as a type of trade union as they behave that way most of the time. [Jonathan] told the story of how Obong Atta was relieved of his position as chairman and Lucky Igbinedion was enthroned by less than fifty percent of the governors, and of how Bukola Saraki manoeuvred the Forum to serve his presidential ambition
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by MORNDEW(m): 8:42am On Dec 14, 2014
coolscott:

[size=13pt]His statements in the past make him a suspect. At least we can safely say he is a sympathizer. And anyone that can boldly come out sympathizing with Boko Haram...

Only last year, he said an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North

Take a look at this His comment in 2001
[/size]

you and ur beer parlour journalists always misunderstood this man. Dnt worry he will win more votes when he defends this

1 Like

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by KINGPIN26(m): 8:53am On Dec 14, 2014
Azo:

Then what is? Please enlighten me..

Are u sure u nid enlitement? Its plain to c. What i'm sayin is: I'm nt sayin that jonathan is a beta choice 4 Nigerian but surely, Buhari is nt a good choice 4 APC
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by paulgreat(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2014
Fani kayode is a man I use to hold in high esteem but unfortunately he has lost his virtues to corruption. He is an unstable man who is confusedm trust me if kkF is ask to be buhari's running mate tomoro he will so glading accept it and do everytin to brring jona down. This man has lost his senses all in the name of money and should not be taken seriously. I never liked buhari but we nigerians deserve a change, we are tired of dis senseless killing, looting of national treasury, its obvious that the present admin makes a lot of money from the security budgets that is why they are yet to bring an end to insurgency, there is an indication that buhari has no hand in dis, this same buhari almost lost his life to bomb blast attach by boko haram. Jona is making billions from this security issues to sponsor his 2015 ambition. That's all. My advice is if you nigerians are pleased with the present that of this country, increase in unemployment, power failure, bad roads, police brutality, looting of national treasury, starvation, increase in provety level then continue to celebrate and vote jonathan but if u want a change please vote for a change
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Bloodydemon: 9:11am On Dec 14, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Have you ever sat down and thought over the type of monikers you give to your handles, Bloodykiller aka Bloodyassassin?

Otu nne i
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by KINGPIN26(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2014
TELL ME WHICH OF THESE IS NOT TRUE

1. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to returnover $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that, Abacha’s stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from theNiger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

2. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash througth the MMA against the protest of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically,Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of Customs, who later became the Vice President anda compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by buharis ADC, Col.Mustapha Jokolo

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of "The Guardian" on stories that were factually true. He again told Nigerian journalists then that, it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority.

5. He has never been able to account to Nigerianswhat he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha. Also, He has not been able to point to any project he prosecuted outside Northern Nigeria with the trust fund.

6. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices, placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatia mansion in Ikoyi, while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison.Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

7. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and as PTF chairman, he employed an overwhelming numberof Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in theNorth. If in doubt, read El Rufai’s book.

8. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa "Truth and Reconciliation Panel." Despite the fact that Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy, buhari has never apologised at anytime.

9. Buhari after locking up Sam Mbakwe, who was governor of Imo State, from October 1, 1979 to Dec 31, 1983 in jail, he went for one of Mbakwe’s wives. He established himself for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jail, news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives.

10. He is an Islamic fundamentalist,the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never tovote for anyone who was not a muslim and he is a coup plotter.

11. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed LateefJakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa AdekunleAjasin,Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million (Pounds sterling) and several millions of Naira and dollars to be under house arrest is my evidence. (Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortlyafter)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Oringo1: 9:50am On Dec 14, 2014
Choose who you will vote for : Corrupt government but not yet proven or a proven Terrorist ?? Nigerian Be wise 00000.
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by SIRJENTLE: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2014
THE TRUTH IN THE MATTER IS THAT FOR APC TO HAVE GIVEN THE PRESIDENTIAL TICKET TO BUHARI MEANS THAT THEY HAVE FAILED AND BUHARI FOLLOWS SUITE.
MUST A NORTHENER BE THE FLAG BEARER?
EVEN IF ANORTHERNER,MUST IT BE BUHARI,ATIKU,TAMBUWAL?

IN A COUNTRY THAT WE OWN TOGETHER,NOBODY IS A MARKED LEADER AS NOBODY IS A MARKED SERVANT.

I COULD WISH GOODLUCK WILL GIVE POWER TO A SOUTHERNER O WESTERNER 2019.

EVEN GOODLUCK WITH ALL HIS FLAWS,HE IS STILL A BETTER CANDIDATE TO ANY NORTHERNER. NIGERIANS DON WISEN UP.

4 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Danniscott(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2014
The North are always quick to believe they are being marginalised...Their thinking of. Boko Haram were that they were like ordinary militants, but Buhari and co did not care to find out their demand and what they were killing for, before jumping to their defence, Now with his convoy attacked, central mosque bombed and emirs attacked, their eyes ve opened. But its already too late to take back their words.....Tribalism!!!!! . We need a fresh air and change, but certainly not from Jonathan or Buhari...why not Amechi, Fashola or Akpabio. Smh for Nigeria. God help us.
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by badaru1(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2014
KINGPIN26:
TELL ME WHICH OF THESE IS NOT TRUE

1. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to returnover $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that, Abacha’s stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from theNiger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

2. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash througth the MMA against the protest of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically,Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of Customs, who later became the Vice President anda compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by buharis ADC, Col.Mustapha Jokolo

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of "The Guardian" on stories that were factually true. He again told Nigerian journalists then that, it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority.

5. He has never been able to account to Nigerianswhat he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha. Also, He has not been able to point to any project he prosecuted outside Nort'hern Nigeria with the trust fund.

6. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices, placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatia mansion in Ikoyi, while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison.Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

7. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and as PTF chairman, he employed an overwhelming numberof Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in theNorth. If in doubt, read El Rufai’s book.

8. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa "Truth and Reconciliation Panel." Despite the fact that Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy, buhari has never apologised at anytime.

9. Buhari after locking up Sam Mbakwe, who was governor of Imo State, from October 1, 1979 to Dec 31, 1983 in jail, he went for one of Mbakwe’s wives. He established himself for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jail, news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives.

10. He is an Islamic fundamentalist,the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never tovote for anyone who was not a muslim and he is a coup plotter.

11. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed LateefJakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa AdekunleAjasin,Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million (Pounds sterling) and several millions of Naira and dollars to be under house arrest is my evidence. (Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortlyafter)

With all these his number one enemy 'Jona' could not take him to court and get him jailed?
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by KINGPIN26(m): 10:21am On Dec 14, 2014
SIRJENTLE:
THE TRUTH IN THE MATTER IS THAT FOR APC TO HAVE GIVEN THE PRESIDENTIAL TICKET TO BUHARI MEANS THAT THEY HAVE FAILED AND BUHARI FOLLOWS SUITE.
MUST A NORTHENER BE THE FLAG BEARER?
EVEN IF ANORTHERNER,MUST IT BE BUHARI,ATIKU,TAMBUWAL?

IN A COUNTRY THAT WE OWN TOGETHER,NOBODY IS A MARKED LEADER AS NOBODY IS A MARKED SERVANT.

I COULD WISH GOODLUCK WILL GIVE POWER TO A SOUTHERNER O WESTERNER 2019.

EVEN GOODLUCK WITH ALL HIS FLAWS,HE IS STILL A BETTER CANDIDATE TO ANY NORTHERNER. NIGERIANS DON WISEN UP.

GOD go bless u dis sunday

2 Likes

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by badaru1(m): 10:31am On Dec 14, 2014
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by samento: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2014
April4th:

Niger-Delta will never vote for an Hausa man,take it or leave it.
Are you telling us its only Niger Delta that will vote?
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by LastProphet: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2014
rexzqcom:

Appointments of tokens southerners/Christians to do his dirty bidding are well known. Read prof Wole Soyinka recent exposes of Buhari's duplicity of disciplines measures to refresh your memory.
Indifference to his Muslims fellows (unless they criticized or question his authority) while sticks and whip for southerners/Christians.

Buhari has no agenda, he simply hates indiscipline. Do u know what it meant to exile the feared radical islamic cleric Gumi when he was head of state? See guy leave, i schooled in bauchi and can tell u no sane muslim with a dint of respect for islam will try that. just that the man dosent know how to talk which is why so many falsehoods remain about him. As for soyinka, atimes he gets it and atimes he dosent
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by badaru1(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2014
* Tension as Supreme Court decides in 48 hours
By Soni Daniel, Ikechukwu Nnochiri and Erunke Joseph
Tension is mounting at the Presidency and the core North over the court case challenging the eligibility of President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the 2015 presidential election.
Competent sources said, last night, that the Presidency was worried that the case could upset its political permutations should the Supreme Court rule against Jonathan running in the election.
The main headache of the Presidency is that if the apex court rules that its principal could not run in 2015, it would be difficult for the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to organise another National Convention to elect another candidate to meet the deadline set by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said to be December 18, two days after the hearing.
The case was said to have been on the radar of presidential minders believed to have also made contacts to know how the case could go and the justices to sit on it.
Meanwhile, Jonathan’s opponents, particularly from the core North, it was learnt, were expectant that the case would be decided against the president having taken the oath of office twice for the office.
Sunday Vanguard gathered from judicial sources that top officials of the Supreme Court were aware of the heightened interest in the case, slated for hearing on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 and were working hard to block undue access to the case file.
The heightened tension, according to the sources, manifested in unceasing enquiries over the composition of the panellists to hear the crucial matter.
Although the case was filed during the tenure of the former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Aloma Mukthar, the sources said there had been intense pressure on the current CJN, who took over about two weeks ago, to reconstitute the panel.
Those in support of Jonathan were said to be rooting for a justice sympathetic to his cause to head the panel while those who want the president disqualified from running in the 2015 election, favoured a neutral and fearless arbiter to preside over the case.
President Goodluck Jonathan displaying Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms at the People's Democratic Party's Secretariat in Abuja on Thursday (30/10/14).
President Goodluck Jonathan displaying Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms at the People’s Democratic Party’s Secretariat in Abuja on Thursday (30/10/14).
A top judicial official confirmed that the CJN was yet to re-constitute the panel to hear the case at the close of work on Friday even though he was aware that the case had been slated for hearing on Tuesday.
The official said it was normal in a very crucial judicial matter of that nature for the CJN to interfere in the composition of the panellists to ensure that justice is delivered to all the parties concerned.
He said: “The eligibility case filed by some persons against President Jonathan is a serious matter, which the CJN has taken notice of and the normal process of setting up the panel, a few hours to the hearing, will be done.
“As at the close of work at the weekend, no panel had been raised by the CJN and we believe that, because of the sensitive nature of the matter and the interest it has generated, the CJN will empanel a team to handle it at the right time.
“This is not the first time such a case is coming before the Supreme Court and there is an established procedure for dealing with such matters.
“In a case of this nature, the CJN might want to put in neutral justices in the panel taking into consideration where they come from, their maturity, objectivity, and how they have handled similar critical assignments in the past.
Anxiety
A northern politician from Kano State, who has been campaigning against Jonathan’s presidency, said he was hopeful that Jonathan would lose the case and return power to the North, ”where the presidency is supposed to be following the death of Umaru Yar’Adua.”
But a PDP governor, who spoke to Sunday Vanguard, last night, expressed optimism that the president had the right to run for second term, having merely completed the tenure of the late president before seeking a fresh mandate in accordance with the Constitution of Nigeria.
“Obviously, I don’t think there is anything to worry about as far as this case is concerned,” the governor said. ”There is no law that says that Jonathan should not run in 2015 and that is it”.
The anxiety over the case follows the declaration by INEC that the different parties must submit to it the names of their candidates for the 2015 elections in the shortest possible time as stipulated by the law.
The commission said, last night, that it was awaiting the parties to forward to it lists of candidates and their running mates where necessary.
But it said it will only recognize candidates that emerged from primaries supervised by its officials, warning politicians who conducted parallel party primaries not to approach it with any list. Mr Kayode Idowu, Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, who spoke in a telephone interview with Sunday Vanguard, said the electoral law was clear on the time frame, and asked all parties to rectify their problems where necessary with a view to forwarding their candidates to the electoral body.
It will be recalled that the Supreme Court had okayed the appeal filed before it by a chieftain of the PDP, from Adamawa State, Dr. Umar Ardo, for hearing on a day Jonathan insisted he was legally qualified to contest the 2015 presidential election.
The president, through his lawyer, ‎Mr. Ade Okeaya-Inneh, SAN, told the court that he had cited legal authorities backing his re-election bid.
He argued that Ardo had no case against him‎, insisting that he is permitted by the 1999 Constitution to go for a second tenure in office.
`Busy body’
‎Ardo is, through his lawyer, Dr. A. Amuda Kannike, praying the court to stop Jonathan.
He is further challenging the refusal of the Abuja Division of the Appeal Court to join him as a party in the suit that was originally filed against the president by another member of the PDP, Mr. Cyriacus Njoku.
He contended that the outcome of that case will personally affect him since the PDP had adopted Jonathan as its sole candidate for the 2015 presidential poll.
‎However, a three-man panel of the Appeal Court declined to join him as a party to the suit, describing him as a meddlesome interloper.
The court branded him a “busy body”, saying he lacked locus standi to challenge the judgement that was delivered by Justice Mudashiru ‎Oniyangi of the FCT High Court on March 1, 2013, which declared Jonathan legally fit to contest for second term next year.
In an unanimous decision, the Court of Appeal panel, ‎led by Justice Abubakar Yahaya, ordered Ardo to pay N50,000 costs to the president and the PDP.
‎The court held that Ardo’s application was completely devoid of any merit.
Meanwhile, Jonathan challenged the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court where Ardo lodged an appeal to ‎set aside that decision of the appellate court which he said was flawless.
He further contended that Ardo was not a party before the High Court and did not show any good ground on why he should be joined at the Appeal Court.
‎Jonathan noted that whereas the main appeal by Njoku was filed on April 16, 2013, Ardo waited till September 23 to apply with a view to be allowed to seek his disqualification from participating in the 2015 election.
Njoku, a member of the PDP in Zuba Ward, Abuja, had, in his appeal, insisted that the lower court misinterpreted the law to favour Jonathan, even as he urged the court to go ahead and determine “whether Section 135(2) of the Constitution, which specifies a period of four years in office for the president, is only available or applicable to a person elected on the basis of an actual election or includes one in which a person assumes the position of president by operation of law, as in the case of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.”
Arguing that Jonathan is constitutionally barred from contesting the presidency in 2015, the plaintiff prayed the court to determine “whether Section 137(1) (b) of the Constitution, which provides that a person shall not be qualified for election to the office of president, if he has been elected to such office at any two previous elections, applies to the first defendant, who first took an oath of office as substantive President on May 6, 2010 and took a second oath as President on May 29, 2011.”
He is also seeking a declaration that ‘the president’s tenure of office began on May 6, 2010 when his first term began and his two terms shall end on May 29, 2015 after taking his second oath of office on May 29, 2011; and by virtue of Section 136 (1) (b) of the Constitution, no person (including the first defendant) shall take the oath of allegiance and the oath of office prescribed to in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution more than twice.
He further asked the court for an order of injunction restraining president Jonathan from further contesting or attempting to vie for president after May 29, 2015 when his tenure shall by the Nigerian Constitution end.
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Tboysalau(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2014
Danpersie31:

my fellow great nigerians,pls i want us 2 think well and refresh our memory..afta d last election in 2011 dat Gej won wat did Gmb say? "dat he ll make nigeria ungovernabl 4 Gej".it seemed lyk an empty threat..is dat nt wat is happening nw? D country is totally ungovernable 4 gej..gmb is lyk a rat ,biting u and blowing u breeze..he is killing d country and asking 4 sympathy..
D only reason y i ll vote 4him is because he ll tell boko boys 2 give d north a brk and go 2d east and west wen he becomes president and its 2late 4 u guys2 redress....Gmb ll take ur gals,bh ll rape dem lyk chibok gals..
#u guys had beta wise up..lets manage gej until a beta person comes hence d next 4years or 8..ll b jihad 4u all in nigeria..thank u
we all know boko haram has being in existence even b4 GEJ. So what are you ranting about for
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 14, 2014
QMark:
Why are these questions coming now?
It does not matter when it came, let him answer
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 14, 2014
eleojo23:
The way I see it, Buhari will get more votes than he did last time but GEJ will still win the election because GEJ's votes will still surpass his. PDP still has an upper hand.

For all the APC e-warriors screaming that they will send GEJ back to Otueke, I guess you intend to do that online, right?

Forget the likes you get on nairaland.

Most of these young people liking your posts on this forum are not actually going to vote because a sizeable number of youths do not care to vote.
The real voters are the older people, the market men/women, and the common men on the streets. If you want to actually feel the political temperature, take your campaign to them.
If not you'll wake up in 2015 to find out that you won the election...only online!

Buhari has not done enough homework as regards his ambition so GEJ still has an upper hand.
Comments from a matured Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by April4th(m): 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
samento:
Are you telling us its only Niger Delta that will vote?

The South-South,South- East will vote for GEJ. It's only the South-West that's still undecided.
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by edo3(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
chamboy:
What is Fani Kayode
Na bastard him be ooo...spewing rubbish since I996...he even said he slept with ojukwu's wife,bianca...what a shameless man,,
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by chilan: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
lalasticlala:
Permit me to share just one example of the expression of that soft spot in this contribution. On June 3, 2013, Thisday Newspaper’s lead story carried the following headline: ‘’The military offensive against Boko Haram is anti-North – General Muhammadu Buhari’.The story ran as follows:

‘’Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect. Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday, said the Federal Government’s action was a gross injustice against the North. According to him, unlike the special treatment the Federal Government gave to the Niger Delta militants, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished. He said he was not in support of the declaration of state of emergency in the three north-eastern states because President Goodluck Jonathan had failed from the outset in addressing the security situation in the country’’.
The implications of these comments, coming from a former Head of State, are obvious and self-evident.

Yet that same General Buhari who said these unacceptable things one year ago is now busy pontificating about his concerns for our nation. Many would argue that, that is pretty rich coming from him given his past comments about a ruthless group of terrorists who, more than any other, merit the award for the greatest ‘’troublers of our nation’’. Given this, I regard Buhari’s comments to The Nation Newspaper on July 22, 2014 as nothing but self-serving.

Of particular interest to me were the following words:

‘’Never before have I seen a Nigerian President declare war on his own country as we are seeing now’’. Really? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the war that President Goodluck Jonathan has declared was against terrorism and Boko Haram and not against the Nigerian people.

Questions begging for answers

Does General Buhari find it difficult to make a distinction between the jihadists and the Nigerian people?

Does he see them as being one and the same? Does he actually equate members of Jama’at ahl as-sunnah li-d-da’wa wa-l-jihad with the Nigerian people? Does he regard the military offensive against Boko Haram as being an offensive against OUR people?

Does he honestly believe that anytime thata Boko Haram terrorist is killed by our armed forces and security agencies or that his house is blown up, it is an attack on the Nigerian people or an assault on the North? Are those people that Boko Haram slaughtering, terrorising, abducting, pillaging, robbing and raping on a daily basis all over our country not the real Nigerians?

Does he honestly believe that Boko Haram is representative of the thinking of our people or even the majority of the people in the Muslim North?Is he still insisting on having another Muslim as his running mate in order to establish his strange dream of a Muslim/Muslim President and Vice President for our country or has he shelved that idea due to public resentment and outrage?

Does he have any empathy with the Christian community in northern Nigeria for the immense suffering, degradation, humiliation, contempt, shame, indignity, persecution and mass murder that they have been subjected to inthe North for the last 53 years and particularly in the last few years?

Does he still believe that ‘’Christians should not worry when Muslims chop off their own arms and hands in the name of Sharia because it is none of their business’’ as he said in 2001?

Does he still believe that Boko Haram members should be forgiven, granted amnesty, pampered, sent abroad to learn and given monthly allowances like the Niger Delta militants like he suggested in 2013?

If the truth must be told, the only thing thatis worse than Boko Haram are those in the Nigerian political class that secretly support and covertly assist them.

*Fani-Kayode was Minister of Aviation under the Obasanjo administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/questions-general-buhari-must-answer-fani-kayode/

This man talks too much always seeking for attention.
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Femistico(m): 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
courage54:
I will only take Fani-Kayode serious only when he has been exonerated from all the corruption charges against him. In a saner society people like FFK alt to be in prison for money laundry.

MY FAMILY AND I WILL VOTE AND SUPPORT BUHARI NO MATTER WHAT because

You don't expect me to vote for a president who says stealing is not corruption.

You don't expect me to vote for a president who supervises the kidnapping of more than 200 girls without taking any action. Because if my sister happens to be among those innocent girls I won't be happy.

You don't expect me to vote for a president who supervises the killing of more than 16 graduates in the last immigration exams without taking any action to compensate their families. Because if my love one happens to be among those innocent graduates I won't be happy.

You don't expect me to vote for a president who grants amnesty and presidential pardons to those corrupt public office holders who has loot our country dry.

You don't expect me vote for a president who has not done anything meaningful for the last six years.

My conscience won't just permit me to vote for Jonathan who has a six years opportunity to create a change but went viral into cluelessness.

The time for change is now

Vote BUHARI for President

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta
so what do u expect him (GEJ) to do after the chibok kidnap, he should go meet them to fight them bcuz I knew there are some measures going in which you nd I dont kbow. He sent military men to chibok nd we also got assistance from other foreign countries, so let the north be kidnapping there daughters thinking they can disorganise GEJ's govt..no way

and on the issue of 16 graduates who died..pls can compensation to there families brought them back to the families..
as I'm looking at you, I know u dnt have any quality to be a leader nd to govern..u lack it menh..bullshit..

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by sambrow(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ate author=eleojo23 post=28856369]The way I see it, Buhari will get more votes than he did last time but GEJ will still win the election because GEJ's votes will still surpass his. PDP still has an upper hand.

For all the APC e-warriors screaming that they will send GEJ back to Otueke, I guess you intend to do that online, right?

Forget the likes you get on nairaland.

Most of these young people liking your posts on this forum are not actually going to vote because a sizeable number of youths do not care to vote.
The real voters are the older people, the market men/women, and the common men on the streets. If you want to actually feel the political temperature, take your campaign to them.
If not you'll wake up in 2015 to find out that you won the election...only online!

Buhari has not done enough homework as regards his ambition so GEJ still has an upper hand.
[/quote] u ab said it all
Re: Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
ffk is a palace ediot - everyone knows that

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Abba Kyari Offended America’s Interest In Hushpuppi MultimillionDollar Fraud / Fuel Scarcity: Policeman In Ibadan Searching For Fuel - Photos / The Cultists Saraki Was Accused Of Sponsoring, Paraded By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.