Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (25370 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2006
Thank you loverbwouy,I was not about to promote a website but you chose to.
May be helpful to someone.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2006
lastly watch this 3 minute clip of what they teach their young ones.
The world needs to be awakened.
We are living with people that want to destroy us .
please excuse the bad language plastered on the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nadFX6T9N4s&mode=related&search=muslim
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2006
I have to thank babyosisi and loverBwoy for some of the infos am coming in contact with for the 1st time.
I will take my time to study this materials very well.
I didn't know the scale of depravity that sex pervert sunk into blindfolding millions of people to destruction.
The facts are just too revolting! he was a morally repulsive individual even by pagan standard of morality!
Where are his apologists?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by OlaAjia(m): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2006
Hmmm, Guys,
I'm really sick and tired these hypocritic Christians. I'll say why. . . One dumb 13yr old sits somewhere in front of a computer, composes a senseless thread such as "Why do Muslims hate Christians so much: Is this the coming of anti-Christ" or "Why do Muslims like playing mind games", and so on, and then the most interesting part, Some other dumb and hypocritic Christians, not excluding ones who claim to have read the Qur-an 10 times from back to back, come into those topics, instead of rebuking the 13yr juvenile, they start supporting the juvenile with unconfirmed claims alongside stupid arguments like "Muhammed was a pedophile, so thats why Muslims hate Christians so much" Hilarious isn't it? Then they start making mockery of their own stupidity. What's most surprising is that some even claim to be very learned, then they go on to post stupid claims. Muslims, do yourselves a favour, and start ignoring these hypocrites, because they will only get more hypocritical the more you pay them attention. Thanks.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ olajia

pls let us not degenerate into calling each other names here, we might disagree on the issues of faith but refrain from refering to others as dumb and hypocritical simply because you cant figure out sensible responses to the various contradictions posed by the quran and the life of its prophet.

It is one thing to be "sick and tired of hypocritical christians" it is another to be unable to give credible answers to obvious inconsistencies. Muslims are usually the first to shoot the first salvo by claiming all sorts of the "bible has been edited" nonsense and when christians hit back at mohammed and the quran with credible proof, outline verses in the quran that clearly endorse murder, intolerance, hatred for others and promotes an immoral lifestyle they suddenly say they are "sick and tired of hypocrites" and want to ignore them!

Pls get a dictionary to understand the definition of "pedophile", compare and contrast that with the life of one certain mohammed and go figure!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2006
thanks as usual @davidylan.
There is no need for name calling indeed.
Nobody has accused Mohammed or Muslims of anything that cannot be substantiated with passages of the noble Koran and hadiths.

There were no personal commentaries,raw passages for us all to read.
There is no need for anyone to have their undies all up in a bunch.

Any non Muslims that presents these passages to a Muslim face to face should be cautious.
The Koran sanctions your death for questioning it or the life of it's prophet so be forewarned.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2006
Here you go again
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2006
Here is a classical example of the typical muslim attitude to criticism.

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2006
Look belloti,I asked you some questions on the previous thread and you disappeared to Zamfara state for a pilgrimage,resurfaced a few weeks later and still did not give me any answers before that thread was closed down.

So here I am again,now what?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2006
its not even funny.
are you trying to say that muslims don't face problems or questions?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2006
davidylan,that is so true.hahaha
We have many examples of them here,who would never answer questions but go around it like politicians.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2006
Okay nilla let's try it out.

1.What does the Koran say to do to anyone who converts from Islam to Christianity?.

2The Koran says it is unlawful to kill without a good cause,give me 5 examples of a good cause.

Any Muslim or Muslima can answer,give quotes if possible.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2006
nilla:

its not even funny.
are you trying to say that muslims don't face problems or questions?

1. it was not meant to be funny, at least to hypocrites!
2. i did not draw it, i merely posted someone's impression of typical muslim attitudes to criticism.
3. I am not trying to say anything, dont read meanings that are not there.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ davidylan,

dont tell me you just felt like posting it. You had to have had a reason.

@ babyosisi
I can't answer question 1 cos i have never read the Quran.

For the no.2 question there exceptional reasons, even though i would not support encourage someone to kill, but i can understand if someone kills another person (have you seen movies such as the punisher or the fourth angel, these are cases in which a person out of deep anger and in a rage kills the people responsible for killing his family).
I am trying to say that i understand that this can happen.

Sorry i gave you just one example. Maybe others can contribute.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2006
nilla:

@ davidylan,

don't tell me you just felt like posting it. You had to have had a reason.

Pray! And is the "reason" anything to do with you? What was the point you were trying to raise about i because i dont get you and BTW we were supposed to be ignoring each other. Back to ignoring mode! Pls let me interact with those who discuss issues and not persons.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2006
davidylan,

this is another thread grin.

What is there not to get? I am asking you if your trying to say that muslims dont face questions, problems etc.

In your own words,

a classical example of a typical muslim attitude towards criticism

Ofcourse i know you didn't make the cartoon. But you obviously agree with it, seeing you posted it and your comment too.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ nilla

i apologise.

Of course i 100% agree with the cartoon, i posted it to prove that many people also seem to have the same impression of muslims and this is not just a one off thing. Of course muslims do have problems too but everyone is so focused on the outside that we do not see that the main damage is being done not by the west of Isreal but by muslims themselves. Pls i would want you to take a look at this website:

http://www.2la.org/lebanon/ee/terrorlb.htm#TerrorLb

I'll be right back at ya!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Neoteny(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2006
there are certain situations i would consider taking on all the questions babyosisi or anyone else put forth, but such situations would require genuine curiosity and a degree of self-restraint if not maturity. clearly this situation is not one of them given the uncalled for insults heaped upon the person of the prophet of islam by some people here, the same people whom could calmly discuss other issues but surprisingly (and shockingly so) reduce themselves to such levels of imbecility here.

someone said that one cannot understand christianity unless one is a christian; the same applies to islam and to attempt to explain my faith to certain rude heathens in this forum is to demean my religion. at the same time i refuse to allow myself to be incited by the rants of such people because it is a given that people tend to hate that which they do not understand. this clearly is an example of gross hatred, and i would love for babyosisi or any of his/her cult followers to tell me where your christ gave you permission to embark on this venomous cursing spree of yours. i fail to understand what it is you aim to achieve because had you been more constructive i could have bothered to set your questions right. but the insults and lack of respect smack of juvenility and i would not condescend to childish levels just as i keep appealing to my fellow muslims not to lose their heads. there are muslims that insult Jesus because they don't know his worth; so also it is to be expected that there would be christians who insult Muhammad because they don't know his worth. such is the nature of the insect mind.

if there are indeed injunctions in the quran that called for the head of anyone who disobeys Allah's command and converts away from Islam, then the logic for that seemingly murderous injunction should be placed up there with God's drowning of Pharaoh, say, or the utter destruction of sodom for heinous sins of the populace. christianity and islam are different religions though they may share some similarities. and because they are founded on different grounds it is to be expected that some laws would be radically different. you consider biblical laws to be divine, so what is inherently wrong about us muslims considering islamic law divine?

the old testament quotations i gave above are meant to show you that there are instances god gave directives for life to be taken, and this shows that the god of the old testament is a wrathful, vengeful god, prompting the likes of Marcion to claim that the god of the old testament is not the same as the god of the new testament. didnt god say to Kill anyone who "gives his seed" to Molech. If you refuse, God will cut you and your family off.  (leviticus 20:2-5). so once again i say if you can find me a human rationale (god's rationale of course is a far cry from ours), then i can explain to you the basis of the law that condemned a heretic in islam.

sucide bombers are not killing for Allah how ever much they invoke his name; prophet Muhammad did not tell osama or whoever did 9/11 to kill for islam's sake. islam is not a violent religion just because  some wrongdoers in the middle east blow themselves up.

suicide? the united states has the highest number of sucides than any other civilized nation on earth, as well as the highest number of serial killers. so sucide and murder is not endemic to the arab world.

i have said all i intend to say in this thread, because maturity has flown out the window. nobody is saying we should gag the critics of Islam in this era of free speech, but self-censorship in pricky topics is an outcome of civilization, surely.

@ enugu

muslims are pricky about islam because to us it is more than a religion; it is a way of life and for something we hold above our lives it makes some sense if we get touchy when people commit sacrileges against us, doesnt it? mind you, i will feel similar inflammation of passion should jesus or any of the prophets of the holy Bible be insulted.

as for our nigerian endless wahala in the context faith religion mostly it is the fault of severely miseducated islamist clerics and a ready bunch of illiterate, neglected street urchins who have none of the driving goals of material and intellectual acquisition that compel the rest of us to value life; and hence they play into the hands of the fiery uneducated clerics.

@davidylan

the west didnt spawn terrorism (as i said it is a horrible outcome of occupation,but u may disagree), but the west played a role in making it what it is. the western media glorified it bygiving it prominent slot times any time a bomb goes off. and you know publicity equally appeals to the morbid mind. suddenly a bunch of disillusioned and twisted youths want a part of the quirky "glory" of the spotlight so whta do they do? they strp TNT. just as Dylan klebold and Eric Harris did their rampage in columbine in colorado; media attention (they even wrote a script for steven spielberg to direct).
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ davidylan,

have looked at the site you posted.

Honestly i still dont think and would not even be slightly brainwashed to think that Muslims are bad.
Like i said earlier in the post, People are bad. not the religion, the race, the nationality etc. I do know that the environment one grows up in has a lot of influence on the person.

I am not going to, and dont want to find out who has caused more damage between the muslims and the west. All i know is the west (pardon my generalizing) is not totally innocent.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2006
nilla:

@ davidylan,

have looked at the site you posted.

I am not going to, and don't want to find out who has caused more damage between the muslims and the west. All i know is the west (pardon my generalizing) is not totally innocent.

This is one reason you are extremely hard to have a discussion with, you simply close your mind even to reality as soon as you have formed your own rather narrow oppinion.
1. Did you even peruse that site i sent you?
2. The question was not whether the "West" was innocent or not (we know they are NOT thanks to their Africa policies!), the question that site was meant to stimulate was:
- everyone based the rise of hizballah on the Isreali 20yr occupation of Lebanon BUT Syria did occupy the same Lebanon for 22 yrs and commited even more atrocities that can ever be attributed to Isreal in over 50yrs. The Syrians assassinated Lebanese presidents!
- Why is Hizballah not attacking Syria too if their main grouse with Isreal is ONLY based on their occupation of Lebanese lands and not religion?

You do not want EVER to believe that muslims are bad, dear no one but you is coming to a conclusion that others are simply out to paint Islam as bad. At least southern Nigerian muslims have not destroyed our churches and bombed us all to death. The question is why will Arab muslims commit mass murder and then predicate their actions on the quran? Have you ever seen a transcript of Osama Bn Laden's messages? Everything is punctuated by the muslim obligation to "iberate"muslim lands and a command to holy war as stated in the quran and yet you choose to believe that "only people are bad"?

How close minded can people get?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 19, 2006
neoteny you came back in a subdued demeanor much different from the hotheaded one we say a few postings back but in all that calmness you still managed to refer to me by a few choice words.That was not at all necessary.

Didn't they say those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I maintain that I have only pasted passages in the Koran and hadiths regarding Mohammeds morality/immorality.you know they are true but it must be embarassing to you that we now know that too.
Are you upset because I may have made them up or that I dared make them public?
You and every Muslim who claim to be learned know that these areas are never discussed or covered up by a tale about how Mohammed married and took in all these women to unite the world.
What a crock.

If anything I said about his lifestyle is wrong,prove me wrong.

I am not here to attack any individuals,my sole aim is to bring to light the lifestyle of Mohammed and the teachings of the not so peaceful religion.
And I promise to do just that without editorials or commentaries of my own .
I promise to put it there for anyone interested to read and anywebsites that may help.

Muslims have deceived the world enough with this "peaceful" stuff.
It is time we actually  found out what we are dealing with.
The Columbine Murderers did not kill for Christ and they cannot trace their murders to their Christian upbringing.

Alzaquawi shouted Allahu Akhbar before his beheadings and repeated them 14 times afterwards.
Please stop comparing apples to oranges for there is no comparison.

Shallom.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2006
The Syrian army gradually invaded Lebanon starting early seventies by forming and training Syrian-Palestinian guerrillas called Sai'qa.They started a civil war in Lebanon that led to a larger Syrian involvement in Lebanon. On October 13, 1990 the Syrian army completely occupied Lebanon capturing the Capital Beirut and the Presidential palace after air raids.[/b]The Syrian forces have been committing all types of terrorism against the Lebanese people assassinating their leaders and massacring civilians for the past three decades. Syrians have formed, trained and sponsored terrorist groups that carried terrorist attacks against the Lebanese people, other Arab countries and Western interests in Lebanon and abroad.

[b]Atrocities commited!

1. (May 2002) Assassinating Anti Syrian-occupation Activists
2. (October 13, 1990) Beirut, Ministry of Defense and Presidential Palace Falls to Syrians :
The Syrians commit massacres, exile the Lebanese Primer and appoint a proxy regime in Lebanon
3. (March 1989) Syria Massacring Lebanese civilians in UNESCO
4. (September 1982) Assassination of Lebanese President
5. (January 1976) The Syrian formed and sponsored groups(Yarmouk & Sai'qa) attacking Damour city and massacring its residents, 582 were killed

These are just a few i thought to bring to your notices, however, while all these is suppressed, we have ignorant folks here making so much noise about the 54 "innocent civilians" murdered in the Qana attack. At least Isreal had a reason (no matter how vague) to attack Lebanon, Syria had NONE!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ neoteny,
Unfortunately my appreciation of your posts did not extend beyond the fiction boards. cheesy
suicide? the united states has the highest number of sucides than any other civilized nation on earth, as well as the highest number of serial killers. so sucide and murder is not endemic to the arab world.
Well if your country was as big as a continent, you had a population second only to three or four other countries, and you have a press that is free and can report whatever happens, it stands to reason that the highest rates of suicide and serial killers would be in the USA.
At least you can flail America for her large population of suicides and serila killers, that is because they operate a system where everything is open to public scrutiny, the same cannot be said of Islamic and communist countries where it is likely the percentage would be higher!

BTW those who commit suicide in the USA do not take along 3000 other innocent people in the name of fighting some non-existent injustice and in the hope of getting 72 virgins and rivers flowing with liquor!

muslims are pricky about islam because to us it is more than a religion; it is a way of life and for something we hold above our lives it makes some sense if we get touchy when people commit sacrileges against us, doesnt it? mind you, i will feel similar inflammation of passion should jesus or any of the prophets of the holy Bible be insulted.
Ditto! To christians too, our religion is our own way of life and in fact we are told to esteem God's word above our daily food! BUT we do not go killing those who slander the name of Jesus Christ! He is the very epitome of forgiveness, mercy and grace, He does not sanction (infact He frowns at) taking someones life just for exercising his right to switch religions! The same cannot be said of the rabid mob in afghanistan.
BTW Feeling "an inflammation of passion" should Jesus Christ (He is NOT your prophet!) or any of your muslim prophets (or borrowed christian characters!) be insulted does not translate to being more holy than others, it just shows that those who are prone to that have an intolerant and murderous mindset from the begining.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2006
And today on CNN it was reported that 5 sunnis were blown up by shiites.
Both read the same Koran and worship the same Allah and would have no problems blowing away the other even in a mosque in the name of the same Allah so how would they have any problem killing infidels at Allah's command when they feel Mohammed has been dissed.

Unless you Muslims reform your religion to confirm to the standard of live and let live and understand that if you believe the Koran is the ultmate law,you have absolutely no right to enforce  or shove it down our throats,by our throat I mean Christians and any others including people who may choose to worship a cow,we will not be silent.

You must change your teachings such that Christians amongst Muslims can boldly declare their faith and worship the living God and anyone who cares to join them should not be in danger of beheading.

Why would it scare Muslims that a Christian group comes into town to do a crusade?
They know many Muslims have been opened up to the light of the gospel in droves during such events,why should any man prevent the free will of another to worship the Lord if it pleases him.

But in Islam,they say you have lost that right to make a change,that is against human nature,that is against common sense,people of the 21st century must refuse to be treated that way.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2006
Am still in a state of shock about what am finding out about Mohammed and the early days of Islam, on the prophet of doom website.
Am sure about 70% of people;Muslims,Christians,Jews,freethinkers are ignorant of this astonishing history.
And the ignorance is costly.

I
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2006
Where is the love?
Too many have died.
Maybe the words of this secular musician will help us.

How many more need to die in the quest for virgins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBQRTp0Xc0Q&search=      ism
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by kamatare(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2006
Muslims do not seem to realise there are other citizens on earth.
In a muslim nation, you have to abide by their rules i.e. women must not be seen outside with their hair uncovered, etc.
When they are in other countries they do not want to abide by the laws of their host nation.
If you feel so outraged, go back to your bloody country!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2006
my stand blow the arabs blow the west! im only worried about the baboon hausa muselms back in the north! of cause they dnt mind slash u with that suya blade! ha! when u finished u label it ethnic killing! nigeria shuold educate those fools in the north! so much embedded hate!

like i say before it high time moslem get their ass back to drawing table! they are as bad as everyone else but , emmm just because u are a moslem does not mean u shuoldnt use toliet paper rather than cup of water to wipe your smelly ass when u just poo ! na wahooo!

just remember u can be a muslem of cause but u must recognise u are an african and nigerian not arabs! i think that might help for real.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2006
I would agree kamatare without adding the bloody part lol.

The biggest victims in all these are those non muslims living in Islamic Sharia states and the women.
They are the voiceless ones that the world seem to have forgotten because they cannot be heard.
If they criticized their governments they would be killed and thrown away like a piece of trash.

The recent Afgan man slated for beheading because he became a Christian made the news thanks to the Almighty but how about the many that have been slaughtered quietly and no one knew.

How about the women slaughtered for commiting adultery in the name of Islam and sharia,girls as young as 9 killed for dishonoring Islam and the family name.

The muslims who claim to speak up for justice have been quiet too long.
These nameless victims of Islam and Sharia  have to be spoken for.
That is why I implore every Nigerian who wants that country not to become the next Sudan to resist the Islamization of Nigeria like a plague.

Their mission is to turn all the women into hooded nameless figures and exalt the lifestyle of Muhammad,multiple wives and all.
The almighty God whom I serve will surely destroy them before they have a chance to do that.

Islam has no place in Nigerian government and should not be allowed to dictate how its citizens must live.
Look at Zamfara which is striving to be like Saudi where women are not allowed to drive,cannot be seen outside unescorted by a male,cannot bear witness in court and cannot have ID cards in their own name.
Women in Saudi are faceless,nameless,hooded figures,seen walking behingd a bearded male whose place only exists in the bedroom.
[color=#990000][/color]
I do not apologise if I hurt some feelings,living a lie will not help anyone.

Shallom.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mukina2: 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2006
babyosis Morroco is also a big muslim nation but women are now being granted rights to preach,
our religion practices sharia law so as long as you are in the muslim world you do as they say

remember when you go to rome do as the romans do
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2006
mukina2:

babyosis Morroco is also a big muslim nation but women are now being granted rights to preach,
our religion practices sharia law so as long as you are in the muslim world you do as they say

remember when you go to rome do as the romans do

This is the mindset I was referring to y'all.
In order words do as you are told according to Sharia or take whatever you have coming to you.
Need I say more.

Morocco thanks to it's relaxed laws have the largest number of Christian converts,glory to God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / What Do The Scholars Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.