Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,679 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (25376 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2006
@neoteny,you have succeded in making yourself the laughing stock of this forum.
In case you did not hear it from the previous posters NO CHRISTIAN WOULD LOSE ANY SLEEP FOR YOUR IGNORANT UTTERANCES AND NONE WOULD SEEK TO HARM YOU.

that is the glaring difference.
Christ is man enough to hold his own,MO on the other hand is too busy with virgins on both laps,he asks you to continue from where he stopped.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2006
My sole purpose here will continue to be the exposition of the so called Prophets lifestyle from the koran by the mouth of his wives and concubines and himself.

They cannot deceive us any longer.This is that website again.
www.prophetofdoom.net
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2006
@firdaus4us.Contrary to your claims,the basis of the legal system of the Western world before the secular humanists perverted it was based on the Judeo-Christian writings found in the Bible.By the time you remove the Biblical core of the Western moral, legal and justice system,you have nothing of value left(That's why you have same-sex marriages,and the present moral chaos we're witnessing).Even some Muslims on this forum have said as much.If you're not convinced or you are confused about this, ask a law student.

It's not enough to quote the humanists that reject the Bible,it would be interesting to know what they equally thought or think of Koran,if they are lucky enough to escape the fatwahs.

It seems you are ignorant of the basic differences between Judaism and Christianity;though without Judaism there cannot be Christianity,there still exists some point of difference.

The Old Testament was a covenant between God and the Jews,the New Testament the foundation of the Church as revealed by Christ through the writings of the Apostles.
God gave the old law but man could not live up to it,that's why Christ came to establish the new.For instance,the eye for eye of the Old Testament became love your enemy in the New Teatament.

God still remain  God of Justice that prescribe retribution for evil deeds however; even though he gave us freewill,he would still hold us accountable for our actions.I think Islam also teaches that the unjust and the 'infidels' like your humanist favourites would go to Hell for punishment,it is the arrant, obscene nonsense about the Paradise being a place with 72 full breasted virgins and rivers of booze for endless romps that we don't agree on.

If the humanists are able to show that the Bible is an untrustworthy book,then the Koran and Islam are even in a greater danger.For the Bible stands firmly on two legs,but the Koran lamely on one.
As you may well know,the Old Testament was in existence, for about 2000 years,and the new about 700 years before Muhammad was born.
Even though he claimed his own book was thrown down directly from Heaven,almost all the  major Hebrew Patriachs are also mentioned in the Koran and stories in the Bible are poorly regurgitatd verbatim with minor variations,sometimes garnished with outlandish nonsense.
Were he alive today, he would be prosecuted in a court of law for copyright violation and the plaintifs woud be a bishop and a rabbi,because he couldn't differentiate between the Torah and the Talmud mixing the stories from the 2 ancient sources to make up part of his own book.

You mentioned Thomas Paine and Robert Ingersol,am well familiar with their writings.But am sure you don't know the end of the story of Tom Paine's tragic life. In the ultimate moment of truth, as he was about to confront his Maker on his deathbed,he cried in anguish for his soul.His last words were that he wished he had  never written Age of Reason.

The main thrust of our argument is that Muhammad unlike Christ didn't possess the QUALITY and CHARACTER of a prophet,and this is based  on his own words, the testimonies of his contemporaries and victims;wives,concubines,sex-slaves(at least one of whom was a Christian that gave him  a copy of the Bible he plagiarized).And that the culture of terrorism and Jihad is not new but started from him,he was the 1ST ISLAMIC TERRORIST, the chief bandit, who attacked innocent merchants relieving them of their goods,ordered assasination of poets and writers (like Rushdie) who questioned his absurd claims.That Islam doesn't mean PEACE, but WAR on the rest of mankind,especially the Jews and Christians (even Hindus in India and Kashmir).That the Muslims who kill and boast of their atrocities like Osama bin Laden are the authentic followers of his doctrine,the other peaceful ones are either  ignorant of most of his teachings or sensible and 'humane' enough to ignore them,treating them as fitful rants of  a raving hate maniac.

Samples from Islamic Sources:Muhammad(may peace be upon him) sent us in a raiding party.We raided Hurakat in the morning.I caught hold of a man and he said:'There is no god but Allah',but I attacked him with a spear anyway.It  occured to me that I should ask the Apostle about this.The Messenger said:'He made a profession out of the fear of the weapon I was threatening him with'.The Prophet said:'Did you tear out his heart in order to find out whether it has professed truly or not'''. Muslim:C10B1N176.

'So fight them until there is no more Fitnah(disbelief[non-Muslim]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone(in the whole world)' Quran:8:39

'Fight and kill the disbeliever wherever you find them,take them captive,harass them,lie in wait and ambush them using every strategem of war' Quran:9:5

Believers,what is the matter with you,that when you are asked to go forth and fight in Allah's cause you cling to the earth?Do you prefer the life of this world to Hereafter? Unless you go forth,He will afflict and punish you with a painful doom,and put others in your place. Quran:9:38

So much for that shallow cliche,that 'Islam means peace'.The 'good Muslims' would lose out on the reward of unlimited sex hereafter,and are  in danger of painful doom because of their disobedience to their hate manual.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by twinkledew(f): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2006
i think with this terrorist thingy going on. most people are looking at islam to be a bad thing.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2006
twinkledew:

i think with this terrorist thingy going on. most people are looking at islam to be a bad thing.

twinkledew,we are examining Islam using the very words of the Koran and hadiths not by our own thinking or even by the events of today.
These events only confirm what the Koran says bout what true Muslims must do.
If anything blame Mohammed prophet of doom,for leaving a not so holy legacy.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Mystique(f): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2006
Most muslims i've come across tend to be violent in nature and tend to be unreasonably touchy when it comes to their religion

(even though they claim islam is a peaceful religion.)
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by donmayor(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2006
I hearby declare a fatwa on babyosisi, anywhere he is seen, he shuld be killed. I am Sheik Alldubar.

Is this a religion based on peace?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2006
donmayor:

I hearby declare a fatwa on babyosisi, anywhere he is seen, he shuld be killed. I am Sheik Alldubar.

Very funny hahaha.You are only speaking what many of them have been thinking.
babyosisi is a Christian on a mission.
If I die proclaiming Jesus,my death will not be in vain.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2006
donmayor:

Yeah, its the most "peacefull" religion i have ever seen! Are we blind? Cant we see the peace in Lebanon, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Niger, Chad, Pakistan?
Is Osama not one of the most peaceful men in the world?
Wow, so much "peace and tranquility", i wish i had found out earlier!

ALA the slogan for the Nigerian Polica Force:

[size=13pt]The Terrorist is your friend, [/size]

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by donmayor(m): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2006
davidylan:

Yeah, its the most "peacefull" religion i have ever seen! Are we blind? Cant we see the peace in Lebanon, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Niger, Chad, Pakistan?
Is Osama not one of the most peaceful men in the world?
Wow, so much "peace and tranquility", i wish i had found out earlier!

ALA the slogan for the Nigerian Polica Force:

[size=13pt]The Terrorist is your friend, [/size]
The pic is unacceptable. It is capable of putting Seun in trouble. Nairaland might soon experience denial of service attacks. There is a fatwa on ur head too now. Please remove it o grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2006
The lie they thought you'll never find out.

“For instance, after September 11, 2001, many Muslims and apologists of Islam glibly came out with the following Koranic quote to show that Islam and the Koran disapproved of violence and killing: ‘Whoever killed a human being shall be looked upon as though he had killed all mankind’ (V.32).

“Unfortunately, these wonderful sounding words are being quoted out of context. Here is the entire quote:

‘That was why We laid it down for the Israelites that whoever killed a human being, except as a punishment for murder or other villainy in the land, shall be looked upon as though he had killed all mankind; and that whoever saved a life shall be regarded as though he saved all mankind. Our apostles brought them veritable proofs; yet it was not long before many of them committed great evils in the land. Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder shall be put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the country.’
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2006
more on the current issues.

http://peace.heebz.com/muhammad.html
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2006
@Babyosisi

That quote was orginally from the Talmud which predated Islam,I have seen it quoted in Jewish writings.I can remember it being quoted in the novel;Schindler's List.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 23, 2006
Guess what ladies and gentlemen especially all Africans.
The 'prophet' was also a racist.
Read for yourselves in his own words not mine.

Muhammad's Own Words

Prophet of Doom was written to expose what Islam’s founder had to say about himself, his ambition, religion, and god. Before you use or criticize these quotes, please read this overview from the author. For those who are serious about the study of Islam, be sure to read the source material appendix, entitled Islam's Dark Past.

Racism

Ishaq:243 "I heard the Apostle say: ‘Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal!' He was a black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks…. Allah sent down concerning him: ‘To those who annoy the Prophet there is a painful doom." [/color][color=#990000][/color]

[color=#990000][9:61] "Gabriel came to Muhammad and said, ‘If a black man comes to you his heart is more gross than a donkey's.'"

Ishaq:144 “A rock was put on a slave’s chest. When Abu Bakr complained, they said, ‘You are the one who corrupted him, so save him from his plight.’ I will do so,’ said Bakr. ‘I have a black slave, tougher and stronger than Bilal, who is a heathen. I will exchange him. The transaction was carried out.”

Qur’an 9:97 “The Arabs of the desert are the worst in unbelief and hypocrisy, and most fitted to be in ignorance of the command which Allah hath sent down to His Messenger.”

Tabari II:11 “Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks. Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African’s color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks.”

Tabari II:21 “Ham [Africans] begat all those who are black and curly-haired, while Japheth [Turks] begat all those who are full-faced with small eyes, and Shem [Arabs] begat everyone who is handsome of face with beautiful hair. Noah prayed that the hair of Ham’s descendants would not grow beyond their ears, and that whenever his descendants met Shem’s, the latter would enslave them.”

Tabari IX:69 “Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah’s helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in Allah’s Cause. Killing him is a small matter to us.”

Bukhari: V9B89N256 “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘You should listen to and obey your ruler even if he is a black African slave whose head looks like a raisin.’” [/color][color=#990000][/color]
[color=#006600]Ishaq:450 “It is your folly to fight the Apostle, for Allah’s army is bound to disgrace you. We brought them to the pit. Hell was their meeting place. We collected them there, black slaves, men of no descent.

Ishaq:374 “The black troops and slaves of the Meccans cried out and the Muslims replied, ‘Allah destroy your sight, you impious rascals.’”

Bukhari:V4B52N137 “The Prophet said, ‘Let the negro slave of Dinar perish. And if he is pierced with a thorn, let him not find anyone to take it out for him,  If he [the black slave] asks for anything it shall not be granted, and if he needs intercession [to get into paradise], his intercession will be denied.’”
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 23, 2006
pearl2:

@Babyosisi

That quote was orginally from the Talmud which predated Islam,I have seen it quoted in Jewish writings.I can remember it being quoted in the novel;Schindler's List.

Well dear what can we say.Plagiarism did not start today.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 23, 2006
He was also suicidal sometimes.Khadija was Mohammeds first wife(an older rich woman) and he was her third husband.

Ishaq:106 “I stood gazing at him and that distracted me from committing suicide. I couldn’t move. Khadija sent her messengers in search of me and they gained the high ground above Mecca so I came to her and sat by her thigh. She said, ‘O Abu’l-Qasim [Muhammad’s actual name], where have you been?’ I said, ‘Woe is me. I am possessed.’”

Tabari VI:70 “He went to Khadija and said, ‘I think that I have gone mad.’”[/color]

[color=#990000]Ishaq:132-3 “If this demonic spirit which has possession of you is such that you cannot get rid of him, we will find a physician for you, and exhaust our means trying to cure you. For often a demonic spirit gets possession of a man, but he can be rid of it.’ The Apostle listened patiently.”

Muslim:C14B39N6759 “Aisha, the wife of Allah’s Apostle, reported: ‘Allah’s Messenger left my apartment during the night. Then he came and he saw me in an agitated state.’ He said: “Aisha, what has happened to you? Do you feel jealous?” I said: “How can it be that a girl like me would not feel jealous in regard to a husband like you? Thereupon Allah’s Messenger said: “It is your devil who has come to you.” I said: “Allah’s Messenger, is there a devil with me?” He said: “Yes.” I said: “Is there a devil attached to everyone?” He said: “Yes.” I said: “Allah’s Messenger, is there a devil attached to you also?” He said: “Yes.”’”

Muslim:C14B39N6757 “Allah’s Messenger said: ‘There is none amongst you with whom is not an attaché from amongst the jinn, a devil.’ The Companions said: ‘Allah’s Messenger, is there a devil with you too?’ Thereupon he said: ‘Yes, but Allah helps me against him so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.’”
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Mystique(f): 7:03am On Aug 23, 2006
Interesting read smiley
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 7:53am On Aug 23, 2006
, We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His messenger.We fight people until they believe in Allah.He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his LIFE AND POSSESSIONS FROM US.As for one who disbelieves,we will fight him forever in Allah's cause.KILLING HIM IS A SMALL MATTER TO US.Tabari IX:69

My understanding of Islam keeps on growing by the day.
Now I can appreciate why at the drop of a pin,in the moment of their demon inspired Jihad they rush to the Igbo shops in Northern cities in Nigeria and loot them after slaughtering them without the slightest provocation.(it's not only Igbos they kill though,because I had to thank God I was mercifully saved from their Jihadi sword by Providence twice, in 2 different cities in the North simply because I was an 'infidel')

They are simply following their Manual of Hate received by one of History's greatest bandit, highway robber and murderer,who sends his followers 'on a raiding party'.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by enugu(f): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2006
@enugu
you can disagree all you want and i'll say it is your prerogative, but im not obliged to answer your questions because it has no profit for me; it will not dilute your extreme views of us, so to dissemble is to waste my time. seek your answers wherever you deem fit and keep those views that best serve your purpose.[/tr]

Neoteny, again you've refused to answer my questions which were asked politely and out of polite curiousity and an objective view because according to you, 'it has no profit for you'. The questions asked were not about YOU rather about your religion, Islam. You also go on to say 'it will not dilute my extreme views of you'. Pray tell, where on any of my questions or replies have I expressed an extreme view. So if I or someone I knew wanted to become a muslim, is this how you would approach my/that person's interest? By telling them that they have extreme views and therefore they should be left to their own devices? Isn't it your duty as a muslim, to educate people who show interest in your religion; regardless of what you PERCEIVE their motives might be?

You asked me to seek my answers 'wherever I deem fit' and I am seeking them through you but,  sad sad sad you then go ahead to say I should 'keep those views that best serve my purpose' What views and what purpose A simple enquiry and you wouldn't reply to it

You are, of course, not under any compulsion to answer any of my questions; however it would have been nice and polite for you to have done so.

Seeing that you have chosen not to, I would leave off trying to get answers from you, regardless of the fact that you seem to have what it takes to answer them objectively. You may, of course, take this the wrong way AGAIN; that is your perogative, however I will leave you with a thanks and may HE THAT WAS, AND IS, AND IS TO COME; THE EL-SHADDAI, THE IMMORTAL, INVISIBLE AND ONLY WISE GOD, cause His face to shine upon you.

asalam aleikum
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by koredey(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2006
What can i say, m4malik said it all, m4malik i salute ur effort & i pray that almighty Allah should add more grease to your elbow. u are a great guy. And 4 we muslims we do things too arsh thats why christains do condemn us here and there. we are too aggressive.lets always take our time to talk things out and stay away 4rm violence then we we all see dat things will change.i pray that almighty Allah shoul see us thru.(amin)
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2006
There was no need for this thread. No one need to judge anyone on the basis of his religion. There are good and bad people everywhere irrespective of the diety they worship. There are good Muslims and good christian just as there are bad ones too.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by goodbobo: 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2006
this is not a matter of Good Muslim or good Christians . U will always have good and bad people .
But the main point is considering all what this forum has brought to light about the content of the islamic book .
How can people read all this about their Prophet and still believe in such a prophet and follow him.
How can people follow a man that kills , take as many women as possible . even take a nine year old girl ? A racist .?

All these thing are not made up . they are all right there in their book . No wonder many of them are not turning to christ now .

If u read all about Jesus christ in the bible' u can not see any thing bad about him in the bible , not a single thing .

He is a perfect man .
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2006
belloti:

There was no need for this thread. No one need to judge anyone on the basis of his religion. There are good and bad people everywhere irrespective of the diety they worship. There are good Muslims and good christian just as there are bad ones too.

There IS NEED for a thread so long as it attacks christians only, quotiing and pasting bogus "101 contradictions in the bible", immediately anyone tries to expose Islam for what it really is, there IS NO LONGER ANY NEED for a thread!
For long we have been decieved (i never was) that we serve the same god and that Islam meant peace, over time we have realised that we can no longer base the true meaning of a religion simply on the literal translation of its title! Islam has proven time and time again not to be a religion of peace but a religion of intolerance, retribution, hate and immorality.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Neoteny(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2006
@enugu

i sincerely apologize for my earlier comments but i must admit that i did lose my head a while there and perhaps you can understand why. i was wrong in directing some of my anger towards you but in these situations one tends to generalize.

i have lost track of your questions as they're a couple of pages back and im a little lazy to backtrack, so if you can repeat them i'll try to explain what i can. i hope you can excuse my earlier tone.

@the rest
my earlier comments about christ are condemnable, im sure, but i only sought to impose some clarity on the pointlessness of this discussion so far,if indeed discussion it is. clearly ive not achieved any purpose, and i fail to see the profit that lies at the end of the road if we insist on continuing this way. i thought in this age of modernity people would be actually civil and mature enough to hold enlightening discourses without betraying their inner hatred. the guy who published the danish cartoons had a CIVILIZED discussion with representatives of the Danish muslim community and it went amicably, it was even interesting and no one lost their heads and started tossing names.

why couldnt we do the same here?

simple. because certain elements came here full of hate and a twisted perception of islam precisely to ignitre this forum and i almost fell for it. but now i know better. the giveaway was when someone called we Hausas "baboons", and someone condescendingly said "at least neoteny is educated". this betrayed the predisposition of their minds, and a lack of an understanding of the social prescriptions that civilization entails which calls for self-restraint in exercising the right to free speech where the cultures or sensitivities of others are involved.

for instance babyosisi could have asked: why did muhammad marry so many times when he himself said the limit is 4 wives? or why did he marry a girl of a tender age? or why do SOME muslims commit such atrocities in the name of Allah? and i dare say asked sensibly the whole course of this thread would have taken a different and perhaps more profitable course. at least even the western world is engaging their muslim communities in dialog to better understand what is the root cause of the disconnect, why some muslims refuse to fully integrate into the societies of their birth or station. but this is nigeria, and ignorance and myopia tend to eclipse all reason, and now we stand here pouting offensive remarks that do nobody no good. shame.

to show the selective judment of certain people here, i must ask what their reactions were when US GIs killed 24 innocent iraqi civilians execution style in Haditha in Iraq. or when steven green and 3 other US marines brutally raped a 15 year old iraqi girl in mahmudiyya, killed her as well as her younger sister and parents, and tried to burn the house and corpses to cover their deeds but one of the squad told on them. green now faces rape-murder charges. Given these atrocities, is it too much to expect some iraqi to strap on dynamite and blow a coulple of marines? the crimes of green and co were barely in the news, but if my hypothetical bomb-strapped iraqi had indeed blown off a couple of marines and himself in the process, i daresay we'd be treated to breaking news event with the banner " islamist terrorists blows up self, killing two US marines". and that would no doubt prompt babyosisi and like-minded christian fundamentalists to make all sorts of horrendous claims that the suicide bomber found justification for his acts in the Hadith or quran. the utterance of allah does not in itself does not qualify the deed as a divine-sanctioned "holy war" however much is made of jihad by christendom.

the truth is that there are fundamentalists in all spheres of life. there are fundamentalists in judaism, islam and christianity, the so-called "religious right". in the words of bruce elroy, the religious right in christianity " come from an extreme wing of the Christian Faith. Because of their growing number, many of them - as well as many non-Christians - believe they represent all of Christianity. Not true. These people represent a far-right position in a much larger spectrum of Christian believers. They are Fundamentalists. And by that definition, which they use, they have set themselves up as defenders of the "fundamentals" of the faith, as the guardians of righteousness, as soldiers of the truth.
Fundamentalists are nothing new however. They can be abrasive, angry, judgmental and downright mean, but they are not true representatives of any of the faiths for which they claim to speak. I say that because every major religion has had its share. Fundamentalist Muslims have made many non-Muslims fear that religion, and yet the Muslim faith, at its core, remains a peace-loving faith. Fundamentalist Jews have made many non-Jews fear that religion, and yet the Jewish faith, at its core, remains a peace-loving faith. And Fundamentalist Christians have made many non-Christians fear that religion, and yet the Christian faith, at its core, remains a peace-loving faith. It's only when Fundamentalists are allowed to gain political power that their existence is a threat to mankind.
The Islamic Revolution that took over Iran in 1979, killing thousands of nonbelievers, was lead by Muslim Fundamentalists. The bullets that killed Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandi were shot by Sikh Fundamentalists. The bullet that killed Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was shot by a Jewish Fundamentalist. The Crusades against the Moors, killing hundreds of thousands of "heretics" in the process, was mounted by Catholic Fundamentalists. Terrorism against American targets around the world is launched by Islamic Fundamentalists. Terrorism against the minority Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland is launched by British Protestant Fundamentalists. And now, in the United States, there is a growing fear of legislative and physical abuse against our human rights, led, of course, by American Protestant Fundamentalists.
The real issue with these people is not their specific faiths. It's their addiction to thinking they are right. It's an addiction to believing they have a corner on the market of truth. In other words, it's an addiction to a "made-truth," that is, to a belief that the truths they've created in their minds are indeed absolute truths and that everyone else must be made to believe in the same truths lest they perish."

perhaps this is an oversimplification of the core issues, but then those same core issues by nature of their complexity lead to such simplification and generalization. it is thus easy for some christians and some godless souls to ascribe the crime of some to over one-sixth of mankind . because they couldnt find the answers in their books, in their societies, so they look to the source of the muslim faith, the quran and hadith and totally overlooked the innate bestiality of man. and they believe they have found the answer for the suicide bombers in the middleeast, the persistent ethno-religious wars in Nigeria. it is quite easy to adopt this mindset when you already harbor the germs of hate (hausa baboons!).
but i wonder if they look into the core of christianity to explain the most horrible crime of man's history: hitler's Nazi monster. to what origin do you ascribe the evil of the nazis, christians as they were?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2006
@ neoteny,
i intend to make rebutals to your lenthy post but in stepwise fashion.

you wrote:
when steven green and 3 other US marines brutally raped a 15 year old iraqi girl in mahmudiyya, killed her as well as her younger sister and parents, and tried to burn the house and corpses to cover their deeds but one of the squad told on them. green now faces rape-murder charges. Given these atrocities, is it too much to expect some iraqi to strap on dynamite and blow a coulple of marines? the crimes of green and co were barely in the news, but if my hypothetical bomb-strapped iraqi had indeed blown off a couple of marines and himself in the process, i daresay we'd be treated to breaking news event with the banner " islamist terrorists blows up self, killing two US marines".

1. For his offence, Capt Green is facing a rape-murder charge that may send him to jail for the rest of his life, this is not minding the fact that the persons involved are not US citizens! In arab countries, an arab equivalent of Capt Green would by now be a cabinet minister or a holy warrior or a war hero! The same offence for which he is going to jail is the same offence the likes of Al-zarqawi and Osama bn Laden are being hero-worshipped! May i ask why there is such a disparity in attitudes?
In the US, the capt Green saga was greeted with disgust, in muslim countries, Sept 11 was greeted with great jubilation! Please expound!

2. It is not the norm for US soldiers to go raping and killing other innocent civilians, on the other hand your "hypothetical" bomb strapped Iraqi believes it is his sacred duty to kill all "infidels"! Please expound!

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2006
neoteny no matter how rational you may claim to be,most of your arguments are fatally flawed.
I have just 3 quesions based on all you wrote

1. The American GI that raped an Iraqi girl,did he do it in the name of Christ?

2.The US soldiers that killed 15 innocent Iraqi's were they commanded to do so according to the teachings of Christ,did they even claim to be Christians.

3. Hitler killed Jews,was it his Christian faith(for he had none) that led him to kill his fellow humans of a different race?Whose example was he following?

The only thing we both seem to agree on(I hope) is that killings are wrong but when one can base the reason for such killings on the words of his most revered prophet and his  examples provoked and unprovoked then we are not safe.
We really have a problem.

I am a Nigerian born and bred just like many on this forum.
We have witnessed atrocities done in the name of Islam by Muslims in Northern Nigeria.
They may have worked things out amicably in Denmark you say but how about your brothers that went on a killing spree in Nigeria?Most cannot even pronounce the word Denmark or tell what continent it's in.

Any Southerner that referred to you guys as hausa baboons did not make those statements without cause.
You don't know how many family members we've lost in the name of Islam.
Nigeria is not a Muslim country and yet in some areas people cannot exist freely because some claim it is their God given right to talibanise the will of others.

Isn't it Ironic that you have so much compassion for people killed in far away Iraq but made no mention of the tens of thousands killed by muslim terrorists in Nigeria.
How about Christians and animists in Sudan?

Are their lives of any less value because you think they are infidels.

I mainatain that Christ never taught his followers to kill,he infact cautioned Peter for slicing off someone's ear in anger and healed the ear.
He taught us love moreso to your enemies because it is a given that you'll show love to your friends and those who love you
Christ never raised a hand on a fellow man and told us that we fight battles on our knees in prayer not with a machete.

If you plan on telling the world Islam is peace then you must change all of its violent teachings because it does not conform to the peace you tell me.Stop calling Jews and Christians names that debase them in your eyes such that when you seek to kill us,you are convinced you are obeying Allah.
The biggest problem we have is that here is this religion that gets very touchy when criticised by anybody yet you don't see Christians go head hunting in all the terrible things we've seen written about Christ.
He can fight his own battles.
Why can't Mohammed do same  if indeed he is peaceful

I await your response.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 1:59am On Aug 24, 2006
@belloti.
If there was no need for this thread,one of your Muslim brothers wouldn't have brought it up.There would even be more threads,books, reviews on the phenomenon of Islam and their hate Ideology, as they have constituted themselves as a menace,a disturbing murderous nuisance and violent vagabonds across cities, airports,killing fields around the world.From Somalia to Sudan,Palestine to Philippines,India and Iraq to Indonesia,America to Afghanistan,Britain to Bahrain and of course Nigeria,the followers of Muhammad,everybody agrees,are suicide bombers,plane hijackers,church burners etc.

The world is weary of this and some Muslims are disturbed about this perception,that is the essence of the thread.
And as we are learning,the root cause lies in the Jihadist Manuals left by the founder of Islam and his close associates.
We now know that Islam didn't start as a peaceful religion but in Terrorism,Massacre of innocent civillians,attack of travellers on caravans in the desert like they now attack planes,the modern means of transport.

It's good we acquiant ourselves with these facts so that those that have been deceived or fooled for years, both Muslims and non-Muslims can now see for themselves the true nature of this religion of 'kill the infidels wherever they are found',and the sources of our knowledge is the Koran and other authoritative Islamic writings.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 24, 2006
Neoteny:

the truth is that there are fundamentalists in all spheres of life. there are fundamentalists in judaism, islam and christianity, the so-called "religious right". in the words of bruce elroy, the religious right in christianity " come from an extreme wing of the Christian Faith. Because of their growing number, many of them - as well as many non-Christians - believe they represent all of Christianity. Not true. These people represent a far-right position in a much larger spectrum of Christian believers. They are Fundamentalists. And by that definition, which they use, they have set themselves up as defenders of the "fundamentals" of the faith, as the guardians of righteousness, as soldiers of the truth.
Fundamentalists are nothing new however. They can be abrasive, angry, judgmental and downright mean, but they are not true representatives of any of the faiths for which they claim to speak. I say that because every major religion has had its share. Fundamentalist Muslims have made many non-Muslims fear that religion, and yet the Muslim faith, at its core, remains a peace-loving faith. Fundamentalist Jews have made many non-Jews fear that religion, and yet the Jewish faith, at its core, remains a peace-loving faith. And Fundamentalist Christians have made many non-Christians fear that religion, and yet the Christian faith, at its core, remains a peace-loving faith. It's only when Fundamentalists are allowed to gain political power that their existence is a threat to mankind.

And now, in the United States, there is a growing fear of legislative and physical abuse against our human rights, led, of course, by American Protestant Fundamentalists.

Neoteny,
You indeed have a way with words that where i not fully persuaded in my mind about the true state of religious issues, i'd have been tempted to go with your halftruths (for that's all they are when we pull of the mask).

Who is afraid of christian "fundamentalists"? Who is afraid of Jewish "fundamentalists"? Are they living in caves and threatening to bomb us all and "liberate" all christian lands? Are they plotting to convert the world into one christian or jewish enclave?
Where are these christian and jewish "fundamentalists"? Why are they not killing muslims at the slightest provocation (sometimes none at all)? Why are they not lobbing mortars and rockets into Saudi Arabia? Why are they yet to hijack planes and crash them into sky scrappers in Dubai?
Where are there suicide bombers? Are there own martyrs without reward in heaven?
Where are their terror cells? Why are muslim countries not having to raise their terror levels every minute an arab woman brings a bottle of baby milk to the airport?
Who really are these jewish and christian "fundamentalists"? Has Isreal or the US threatened to drive the Meccans to the sea yet? Has Bush announced that Iran should be wiped off the map?

How many mosques have they burnt? Have they instituted Judaic laws in the south of Nigeria yet? Are we anywhere near using the ten commandments as our penal code? Why are they yet to burn flags, burn embassies, throw stones and cry "death to Saudi Arabia"?

Who really are these christian "fundamentalists"?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 6:10am On Aug 24, 2006
@neoteny.
"but I wonder if they look into the core of christianity to explain the most horrible crime of man's history:hitler's Nazi monster to what origin do you ascribe the evil of the nazis,christians as they were?"

From the above statement,it shows you are simply ignorant of the 'core of christianity'.
The core value of Christianity as taught by Christ Himself is LOVE.He summarized the whole of the commandments to 2.
1.Love your God with all your strenght
2.Love your neighbour as yourself.

And to the monster that was Hitler,in case you don't know, he didn't profess Christianity,he was close to what you might call a Pagan.
Indeed in the final days of WW 2,it was Astrology  they turned to in the Bunker.I suggest you find out more about this.

Let me share this with you,I just stumbled on this write-up in Daily Star,Tues,August 8, 2006. titled "Ze Gospels According to Hitler" on page 24.

Excerpts: "'A Nazi bible featuring Adolf Hitler's version of the Ten Commandments has been discovered in Germany.
Orders like "Thou shall not kill" were replaced with Hitler's chilling war cry of "Honour your Fuhrer and master"

One of the few remaining copies of "German with God"-commissioned by the tyrant in 1933-was found in an archive in the town of Nordelbischen.Thousands were printed,but most were destroyed at the end of WW 2 in 1945.

The bible began with a total overhaul of the Ten Commandments".

So you see neoteny,Hitler had to invent another bible to justify his actions.Some of the other commandments included;"Holy is your health and life" and "Keep the blood pure and your honour holy".

Anybody familiar with the noble teachings of Christ in the New Testament cannot find any iota of link between Christianity and the despicable barbarity that was the Third Reich.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by goodbobo: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2006
Neoteny I am so sure u know the truth now . the only thing u can try to do is to force urself not to admit it or try as much as possible not to think about it so that u dont end up seeing u have been following the wrong part all your life .
The bible says there is a way that seems right to a man , but the end is distruction .

This applies to all muslims in this forum

I repeat the truth is as clear as A, B , C .

Who will ever say Kill an infidel is better or acceptable thnn LOVE ur friends , love ur enermies , love all human race of what ever colour .or is better than forgive all offences commited against you ( no matter what it is )

No christian will do any thing bad and can claim he saw that in the bible ( for where u want see am ) .

Do u know that in christianity , there is so much LOVE . there is what is called intercesory praying where u pray for people u know and those u dont even know . We even spend days praying for Muslims and all non christians
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2006
Muslims in the house please oh educate us on your religion. At least answer the questions people have been asking here or dispute the accusations.

But its funny how majority of the christians are claiming that Christainty is good and how perfect Jesus is, he tells us to love our neighbours etc. Jesus tells us to do a lot of things, many of which some of us don't.
the bible might be a good peaceful book, but most of the people that claim they are christians are not good people (when they can't even abide by the rules of the bible).
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by ayinla2005: 11:46am On Aug 24, 2006
To start with,who is the author/originator of "the prophet of doom"?.

@babyosisi said she is on this forum as a missioner,what is her mission?to discredit islam and give it a bad name?like others?what do you call such a person in your christianity?

To all who care to listen,The author/originator of the so-called "prophet of doom" are christians,the bad ones like babyosisi-the missioner who tend to give islam a bad name,in the name of evangelising the world.Quran and hadith are been quote out of context,just to rubbish a particular image and a particular religion.The people on this forum seems to be here for the primary purpose of rubbishing islam and its legacy.If that is what you are thought in the bible/church,may God help you.God is in control.

'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / What Do The Scholars Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.