Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. (31740 Views)

A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by ceejay675(m): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
my dear dnt tel him...show him and if he's into u he will unstnd
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by emymeeky: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
Please don't tell him. It won't make a positive difference
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by XuteSleeks(m): 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
thrizzle:

Most guys freak out but if he feels the same way he won't, I think you should keep it to your self sha cause when us guys know a girl is really into us we either lose interest or take her for granted

Good advice. I also feel you should keep it to urself.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Rexnegro(m): 2:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
I'm in love with a guy, we ve been friends for a while now but we beginning to get intimate and my feelings r rapidly developing for him, I really want to share how I feel with him but am scared that this mite freak him out n he may just run away or this cud get awkward between us but I bliv telling som1 how u feel either u a guy or a girl is d right thing to do..
I rily do need to know if I sud tell him how I feel or just keep my feelings till he tells me if he has feelings for me ..I bliv som guys find it awkward wen gurls tell dem how dey feel bou dem... wat will u advice I do pls?
Just decently tell him that's all...or if u can't be stylishly sending him signals and body communication moderately that u are in love with him. I believe u no wat I mean . But for me just tell him shows how mature u re. But use ur head after he accept u as his gf cos some foolish guys do take advantage of girls asking them out or saying u love them. Am a guy myself but gat say the truth dear. Goodluck in telling him.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
Don't tell him please.

Withdraw from the relationship/friendship, it might just be emotions clouding your judgement.

Don't do the 'friends with benefits thingy' guys takes us for granted because of things like this.

Remain focused on building your career, self esteem, get a hobby, do something with your time please.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
The funniest thing is that i don't even know wat we r doing any more..maybe its a rlntnshp or its benefit but intimacy is just involved...I just wanna find out how he feels so I can move on n stop hoping jor

shocked shocked shocked didnt see this one oh. Since u've been doing yourselves then its no big deal again. Just ask how he feels about you. His response and his reaction will tell you what he really feels.

I would advise you tho, to stop the intimacies since you've started developing feelings for him. You don't wanna get hurt

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Hawlahscho(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Still thinking, maybe I'll advise later.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by rhames(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
go say it coz he might be expecting you to say something. grin
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by thaoriginator: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
Just tell me ur mind baby.. I won't freak out! Speak out!
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by TYlicious(f): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
The funniest thing is that i don't even know wat we r doing any more..maybe its a rlntnshp or its benefit but intimacy is just involved...I just wanna find out how he feels so I can move on n stop hoping jor

At this point I'll advise that you should rather ask that he define what's going on between you than tell him how you feel.That way you'll get a soft landing if it's a friend with benefits relationship you have with him,then you don't have to bare your heart to him and get disappointed. #My2cents
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Classicalmusic: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
thrizzle:

Most guys freak out but if he feels the same way he won't, I think you should keep it to your self sha cause when us guys know a girl is really into us we either lose interest or take her for granted
That's not true. Real men love women express their emtions very clearly. For loving someone could be really nice. The world is also full of beauty when the heart is full of love.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Olusanya333(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
Na one time one Lady tell me capitally "I Love You" she paused b4 saying that sha but me no ready 4 dat kind thing so i Sisterzone her. I pity the guy OP is having a thing for bcus its full passion now if d guy reject na Wahala if hm accept Double Wahala.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Anaskie(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dear Jenniferjon, I'd advice you not to tell him. He might not feel the same way about you, or may have probably locked you up in the friend zone and thrown the keys away. tongue

If you really have feelings for him, there are subtle ways you can hint it to him. Trust me, no matter how 'jew' a guy is, he can smell a hint when he sees one.
If he doesn't take the bait, it means he's simply not into you.

Cheers smiley
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by mrdino(m): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
my advice is dis: dnt tell him but show it in ur actions, but measure ur actions carefully o (dnt overdo it). if d guy is wise he ll b d 1 tellin u hw badly he wants 2 take d r/ship 2 d nxt level. If u tell im hw much u luv im jst lyk dat, thr's d tendency dat he might take u 4 granted...it takes only a matured man 2 handle such situatn & nt abuse it.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Cheeun(f): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
Why don't you pour out your mind and be free? I understand you're 'society- cautious' but really, they don't matter.

See, he might even be digging you too maybe he's the shy type or smth lol.

Then again, since the friendship is there you already should know by now the kind of guy you're dealing with before you take that bold step 'cos it's a risk you know?
If he feels the same way, perfect! If it's the other way round, it's just life and you're not less you.

Goodluck. wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nwadigood(f): 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
I'm in love with a guy, we ve been friends for a while now but we beginning to get intimate and my feelings r rapidly developing for him, I really want to share how I feel with him but am scared that this mite freak him out n he may just run away or this cud get awkward between us but I bliv telling som1 how u feel either u a guy or a girl is d right thing to do..
I rily do need to know if I sud tell him how I feel or just keep my feelings till he tells me if he has feelings for me ..I bliv som guys find it awkward wen gurls tell dem how dey feel bou dem... wat will u advice I do pls?
Invite him on a date, tell him your feelings and reassure him that he is not obligated to trend the same route if not by mutual feelings. Also promise that won't change your friendship.

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by 5p1naz(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
If he is also into you the same way you are into him, it will be gold to him when you tell him how you feel abiut uim.

But if you are not his type and he sees you more. Than a friend, he will feel awkward about the whole thing.

The things is for you to know if you are his type of girl, do a flash back about what you guys talk about. Does ge tell you about some girl he likes or the kind of girl he would love to date. Does he say anything about these things. Do you fit the preference.

Then you'd have a fair idea of what will happen. But in all I think you should tell him how you feel and rather than regret it in the future when he's smdating some other girl and you have dreams every night of chasing his new girl with a machete

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
I'm asking cos aside from d fact that I don't wanna lose him to some soda girl by being silent I also feel me having feelings for som1 n not telking him is keeping me from moving on cos wen oda guys come to u, its difficult to accept cos ur heart is some where else but if n when u know d truth den u will see ders no light at d end of that tunnel n den u can finally move on

my sister.. Am also experiencing the same.. the only difference is that i have told her about my feelings,but she isnt ready yet for a relationship... is really hard to move on when you got someone on your mind...
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by theorbiters: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
1. It is only immature boys that wud freak out wen being told. I mean, wat is there to freak out abt. I do get such advances most time but all the time shaa.

2. It is only guys who are not ready for responsibilities of a relationship and they just dnt knw how to say it, these type wud say something like, I dnt want to break ur heart. I have done it before.

3. Well, his heart maybe somewhere else and he may just be with u to pass time. Now he do not mean to hurt you, it is more like enjoy this free promo while it last. Guys do it all the time. And yes, I have done it before.

4. If you want to knw where you stand with him, then avoid contacting him for like a week or more. My dear, if it reaches 3days and he hasn't contacted you, then u shud knw where u stand. If he contacts you, then ask him why is he calling? Trust me that question can knock any guy off balance. If he says, are u not my friend? O girl, prepare to abort ur feelings. Then if u ask, just friends? Trust me, he knws where it is heading too. So either he comes out clean or he plays around. What ever the outcome, I trust u are mature enof to knw where u stand.

Anyway, it is my own advice. What do I know sef?

2 Likes

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by blakky97(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
jenniferjon:
he may be thinking same way about you. could be he's scared to tell to avoid you loosing interest in him as a friend.
but there are the unspoken words that every heart understands.
speak to him in those languages. tell him how you miss him when youre away. and how much you enjoy his companionship. study his relationship with female friends and know what you are to him. you can also send him a timed message with android phone like 'love ya' as soon as he opens it, it will vanish in 1 second. show signs that will encourage him to either open up and come out clean or ignore in a way tou can obviously know whats going on.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Wisepac: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
Okay lets say the guy name is ayo. So whenever both of u are talking alone, call his name and tell him that ayo, nowadays am thinking we are in relationship coz when guys want to hookup with me, i used to tell them am in relationship with you bcoz i tink we are now more than friends. Tbh I hope we could make it reality. Wait and hear him out.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Skimpledawg(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
ipleddge:
Tell him jokingly that he is in love with you,check his reaction.if it's a good one,ask him why he has been waiting for so long(Joke with it)

My 2cent
Damn! Niqqa u just murdered it, a gal actually played dz prank on me! I swear eh, I lost control if nt dah man is man eh, I swerved it nicely! Buh it seems she later got d msg! I wz just interestd in d punnani nd she just dey love dey go!
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
On the other way round,u culd jokingly ask him how he'll feel if a lady professes her love for him,then listen to what he has to say.Make it look like it is a friend of urs that's in love with some guy & does'nt know how to go about it.So just ask him how he'll feel if a lady comes out openly to confess her feelings to him.It is his response that'll determine ur decision.One thing I know for sure is that, the male species tend to freak out when a woman makes the first move,which can equally lead to the woman being taken for a jolly ride.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by synoble(m): 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
Gosh..see opportunity dis guy dey miss
i pray i see a lady who'll let loose are feelings to me den i'll love her..
iv bin lookin for dis kind of oppurtunity bt im nt gettin any....why..
my advice for u....is dat u open up to d guy, if he is into u, den lucky you bt if otherwise...den pm me pls..i long for dis oppurtunity as i'll love u wit all ma heart..

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by ipleddge: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
Skimpledawg:

Damn! Niqqa u just murdered it, a gal actually played dz prank on me! I swear eh, I lost control if nt dah man is man eh, I swerved it nicely! Buh it seems she later got d msg! I wz just interestd in d punnani nd she just dey love dey go!
I was a chronic womanizer,so I gat the experience...lol
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
# clears throat#

# sits with a pen and a paper #

$hawarma by my side
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by festivity123: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
sabaranky:
Here my advice to U, d easiest tin in life is wen a woman loves a man is easy for her to turn him around to b her own, pls u don't need to walk to him and tell him, all u need is to exhibit some care and closure to him, show some romantic gesture and while doing all this be sure to study his acts too so as to be able to identify d directions he is heading with u, men hav soft heart wen it come to love,wen a woman love a man and he doesn't love her she can still get him but wen a man loves a woman and she doesn't love him dat is a big blow, so my lady show u love him by caring and b more closer to him, am telling u he will feel U. Good luck.
my guy that is a sensible comment,that guy may also be in love with u n will be afraid to tell you,just show care n frnship,dont try to seduce him,
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by bollify(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
Lisaflex:
Abort mission!!! Never ever do dt, cos u'll regret it...A lot of dudes wld go on n on abt hw dey wouldn't mind if a girl does dt buh wen d situation arises,its a diff ball game....On d oda hand, if he happens 2 be among d few(1%) dt do not mind,u myt start 2 2nd guess d r/ship(relate everyfn he does wrong or evry ish u guys hv 2 d fact dt u made d 1st mv) n dts not healthy

You are so on point, especially on the bolded. However, if she is mature enough not to relate whatever happens to the fact that she was first to tell the guy her feelings, then I think she can go ahead. It also largely depends on the guy's maturity. But in any case, since they are already intimate (in the op's sense of the word), I think the risk is worth taking as it will absolve her the stress of struggling with a 'what if' and she can defined her direction in the relationship.
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by frrank(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Skimpledawg(m): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nwadigood:

Invite him on a date, tell him your feelings and reassure him that he is not obligated to trend the same route if not by mutual feelings. Also promise that won't change your friendship.
Kai, sis mba oo! If u do dz eh, d niqqa will just play along! I think a more subtle way is advised! @OP, if he is d funny type, dnt ask it straight!! Sth like 'Chike, som1 saw us together today @ the eatery and she told my friend we dating!! If he defends d 'r/ship' then u good to go! If he says dnt mind dem aprokos, my sister, run o grin!!!

P.S: niqqas stopped asking ladies out since 1990, we just go with the flow! cool
Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
wait ooo.... if I read well...you were already INTIMATE with him?

Does that intimacy with him means the involvement of Sexxx? If it does...

FOGGERIT! What you feel for him is SEXUAL LOVE!

It's that feeling which makes you want to always get laid...

That's bullshit where the Topic of Love is...

If it's not, try to enclose your feelings.. don't tell him ooo, lest you become Sweet 2 for #5... lol

#MrSmith#

1 Like

Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by Skimpledawg(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
ipleddge:
I was a chronic womanizer,so I gat the experience...lol
Mehn! Wayback when guys wia boys!!! Just get them attracted and boom!!! They start loving expectn u to ask the most imptant ? Whu started d loving? embarassedmake gals get brain na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Temmie Ovwasa: I Don't Want To Have A Child Because Of Hererophobia (Video) / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Are Engaged (photos) / Ladies: 7 Ways To Tell If A Guy No Longer Fancies You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.