Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (122947 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2012
Lol. Please sentence me Jenny. Its weekend. That kind of imprisonment is highly welcome.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2012
spoilt:

Yeah you Serubawon. You've charmed all the women on this thread . Don't we just have the hots for guyys that put their kids first? Lol. All the oohing and aahing. No be small thing so tey pesin no recognize Jenny again.

I wish!

spoilt:

Lol. Please sentence me Jenny. Its weekend. That kind of imprisonment is highly welcome.

These women sha, these are the reasons I love the women on this thread.  They keep you on your toes (sharp, sharp).

jennykadry:

LMAO @ Spoilt

Talk too much and see if I will not call oga spoilt to come and lock you in the bedroom and sentence you to 8 rounds of . . . . .  tongue(whilst listening to the song below) Bail not granted. Possible parole in 3 days.

Haaaa!!! There are small children reading this o wink
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2012
Small children here ke? We've got family people here. Complete with kids! Such exciting lives we have. Lol.I've abandoned other threads for only this one. Serubawon is that not your charm working?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
spoilt:

Small children here ke? We've got family people here. Complete with kids! Such exciting lives we have. Lol.I've abandoned other threads for only this one. Serubawon is that not your charm working?

If na charm, I thank God. As long as the charm no put me for trouble sha! grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2012
serubawon:

If na charm, I thank God. As long as the charm no put me for trouble sha! grin

LOL grin grin grin grin

To be honest, I think that on the whole of this NL serubobo is the only one who the women will strip to their wrappers, tie their headtie around their waists and fight for wink grin

The charm dey work wella grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by moremi2008(m): 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2012
chaircover:

LOL grin grin grin grin

To be honest, I think that on the whole of this NL serubobo is the only one who the women will strip to their wrappers, tie their headtie around their waists and fight for wink grin

Yeah, and then after all the fighting, the winner might discover that he is uglier than sin, walks with a vicious limp and has a giant pot belly. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 7:08am On Feb 27, 2012
moremi2008:

Yeah, and then after all the fighting, the winner might discover that he is uglier than sin, walks with a vicious limp and has a giant pot belly. grin grin grin grin grin

@moremi2008 Ha ha!!! Beautiful description. How I wish I'm as handsome (or ugly) as people want me to be. Thank God only one person knows who I look like and she is under oath (by her husband) to keep her peace.

chaircover:

LOL grin grin grin grin

Eya. CC, you know how to make my head swell sha (within reason).
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by moremi2008(m): 7:29am On Feb 27, 2012
serubawon:

@moremi2008 Ha ha!!! Beautiful description. How I wish I'm as handsome (or ugly) as people want me to be. Thank God only one person knows who I look like and she is under oath (by her husband) to keep her peace.

Eya. CC, you know how to make my head swell sha (within reason).

Madam CC will flatter anybody that will get her a BMW X5. grin grin grin grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^ hen hen what is wrong with that? cool grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
@moremi. You are about to start another battle o. Don't mess with these women o.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Kilode1: 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
The typical Nigerian mind, lazy from a rich diet of Africa Magic, automatically thinks it's my mum exacting revenge on my dad for abandoning us!

So funny, so true, so sad.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by moremi2008(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
serubawon:

@moremi. You are about to start another battle o. Don't mess with these women o.

Madam CC is my future sister-in-law but she just doesn't know it yet. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:03am On Feb 28, 2012
moremi2008:

Madam CC is my future sister-in-law but she just doesn't know it yet. grin

Hmmmmmmm,
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by moremi2008(m): 6:17am On Feb 28, 2012
chaircover:

O ti e da. . . . o fe te.  Just come closer and you will see how I will beat you with pankere and koboko elenu merin  tongue grin

If anyone is worthy enough to be my BIL it will be no other than Serubawon . . . . .  but all my sisters are married  grin

OK, lemme play nice because it's Madam CC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2012
moremi2008:

OK, lemme play nice because it's Madam CC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@moremi. (Told you not to mess with 'em) wink
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2012
chaircover:

O ti e da. . . . o fe te. Just come closer and you will see how I will beat you with pankere and koboko elenu merin tongue grin

If anyone is worthy enough to be my BIL it will be no other than Serubawon . . . . . but all my sisters are married grin

Eyaaa. If my head swells any bigger, I'll resemble the mouse in "Pinky & The Brain". grin cool
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 7:03am On Mar 04, 2012
Chaircover, strip to which wrapper? Sorry I've never been a wrapper tier. It'll be jeans till I'm 99. Lol.        

@ Moremi2008 please don't shatter our illusions of Serubawon.You've put his handsomeness to question. Hope he's not a cross eyed midget with knock knees. Lol.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
spoilt:

@ Moremi2008 please don't shatter our illusions of Serubawon.You've put his handsomeness to question. Hope he's not a cross eyed midget with knock knees. Lol.

Lord help me, I am uglier than sin, have a vicious limp, a giant pot belly, and a cross eyed midget with knocking knees. At least, I look ok to my mama and children sha.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by armyofone(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2012
some ladies like that pot belly you know. it is a sign of wealth according to some ladies chapter 1:1
also something to rub or massage when trying to get something from him so not a good excuse.

serubawon:

Lord help me, I am uglier than sin, have a vicious limp, a giant pot belly, and a cross eyed midget with knocking knees. At least, I look ok to my mama and children sha.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
armyofone:

some ladies like that pot belly you know. it is a sign of wealth according to some ladies chapter 1:1
also something to rub or massage when trying to get something from him so not a good excuse.

Hmmmmmmmmm. . . . . smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2012
I was checking out the new format on NL2 and I have to be honest, I prefer the original NL format. Maybe I'm just old and resistant to change. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2012
serubawon:

I was checking out the new format on NL2 and I have to be honest, I prefer the original NL format. Maybe I'm just old and resistant to change. grin

Same here oooo embarassed grin grin grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2012
Just returned from a "vacation" in naija and I still feel 'traumatized' from visiting my own country. I still can't believe that our country is getting worse instead of better. sad
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
Did you say "vacation" grin

I am currently on "vacation" in Nigeria. I stopped compaining a long time ago. I sit in the back seat of the car and just look around me and all you hear is hmmmmmm every few minutes But I conplained for the first time in a long time when we had a power surge last night and 3 laptop chargers, 2 phone chargers and a TV that were all plugged in blew just like that angry

I was probably the last passenger out of the airport when I arrived; people behind me in the queue were being processed before me simply because they knew airport staff. Plane landed at 6.15pm but I didnt leave the airport until just before 8pm. I refuse to let people ruin my day. Life is wayyyyy to short

P.s hope u brought us bottled peanuts and ijebu gari oooooo grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:17am On Apr 04, 2012
[quote author=chaircover]Did you say "vacation" grin

I am currently on "vacation" in Nigeria. I stopped compaining a long time ago. I sit in the back seat of the car and just look around me and all you hear is hmmmmmm every few minutes But I conplained for the first time in a long time when we had a power surge last night and 3 laptop chargers, 2 phone chargers and a TV that were all plugged in blew just like that angry

I was probably the last passenger out of the airport when I arrived; people behind me in the queue were being processed before me simply because they knew airport staff. Plane landed at 6.15pm but I didnt leave the airport until just before 8pm. I refuse to let people ruin my day. Life is wayyyyy to short

P.s hope u brought us bottled peanuts and ijebu gari oooooo grin

[/quote

@Chaircover. I brought back plenty, plenty TRAUMA. I had heat rash ALL OVER and 'isinu' making me look deficient in some vitamin or the other. I kept on having nightmares of my passport being stolen or just disappearing altogether. I was really sad and depressed at the way things were. Extremely glad to be back though. My next trip: maybe in the next 10 years (maybe never). At least my ID Card kept police and immigration officials away from me at the airport.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2012
Awwww that is sad cos it shouldnt be like that. Home is still home. I just learn to lower my standards and not expect too much. if you go more often you will get used to it. maybe you felt it more because you havent been home for a long time.
I dont even take anti malarials anymore before I go and I can drink pure water now without any probs. Your body just adjusts the more often you go.

I dont worry about passport; even if it goes missing it will be replaced. You can never be stranded in Nigeria.

oya lets for for Christmas. I will look after you smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
LMAO. I agree with Serubobo. I have night mares whenever i visit Nigeria. Nightmares that I will be stranded. You needed to see me praying every night just for nothing to happen to our passports. The dream that made me wake up one midnight to bind and cast, was when I saw my passport been thrown in an ocean and I was looking for it but couldn't because the waves swept it away. Oh boy see waking up that night, I hammered prayer like I have never hammered in my life. When I told my oga what I saw in my dream, he was like "ehn, swim and go get it back naaa, how difficult is that?" angry He found the whole thing funny but it wasn't to me. Anyways the day we were supposed to leave, we got to Murtala Mohammed Airport and one winch of a woman took a look at our passports and said it was fake and we wouldn't be able to travel, pray tell how a Nigerian woman with our fcked up system will look at two foreign passports and call them fake? undecided no be small thing that day, I remember me doing the talking and my oga smiling all through like WTF was funny? When I cast him a glance he finally spoke up and asked the woman how she knew our passports were fake? she said ehn, that the look of it sef shows it's fake. My parents were still waiting in the departure for us to text them the "all clear" text, oga took his phone and rang his father in law who took his own phone and rang one of the airport officials he's known since like forever. Na so they cleared us ooo, The woman was lost for words she was like ehn "I'm sorry oooo sister, it's just that I was only doing my work".

Fcktards angry angry
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2012
CC, which back seat are you talking about? Prado abi X5 grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
CC.I am a lagos babe so I have never had issues after drinking pure water but I always suffer malaria whenever I come back, maybe it's cos I do not take any anti-malaria drugs before traveling down.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
chaircover: Awwww that is sad cos it shouldnt be like that. Home is still home. I just learn to lower my standards and not expect too much. if you go more often you will get used to it. maybe you felt it more because you havent been home for a long time.
I dont even take anti malarials anymore before I go and I can drink pure water now without any probs. Your body just adjusts the more often you go.

I dont worry about passport; even if it goes missing it will be replaced. You can never be stranded in Nigeria.

oya lets for for Christmas. I will look after you smiley

Christmas ke!!! Ni bo? CC, that was just me o. Imagine me taking my kids with me. I will be an emotional wreck. I might not even allow them to step out of the house. There was a day I wanted to take a drive by myself as the driver was nowhere to be found. I almost crushed an okada driver while trying to reverse out the gate. (I never even reach main road o). I just used style and 'ogboju' to re-park the car and called a cab.

Match-making nko? Ha, ha. That is a story for another day. I didn't know that there was ugly-beautiful, fat-beautiful, skinny-beautiful, pock-marked beautiful, bow-legged beautiful, k-leg beautiful and missing teeth beautiful. I guess my impression of beautiful was lost on everyone. If you see the way I was smiling at the immigration official when I arrived at the airport here in Houston, I'm sure she thought I was a black Taliban terrorist. She no know say I just dey happy to be back in one piece. Even when they seized the maggi cubes I brought for my mom, I was just too happy to let them have it. 2 weeks there and I don black like charcoal. I lost 10 pounds sha o (at least it wasn't a total loss).

@jenny, You were scared too? ( I can't seem to process that information o. Jenny, scared??). Na lie jare.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2012
LMAO. What do you people take me for? an agbero with no heart? angry angry

I work on my accent before I even venture to travel, seriously. The lady that made my hair once, my sister took me to her and only when they finished pricing the hair did I talk. Make them hear you talk come charge double the price, even then sef she was still asking me to add money inside

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (44) (Reply)

Man Shares Picture After First Sex With His Virgin Wife (Viewers Discretion) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.