Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,272 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (122943 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
prittigrrr: smiley Howdy
You seem to appear on the scene once a year (or something like that). Howdy yourself and Howz life treating you?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
I had to do a double take shocked

Hope you're good?

Serubawon
Hows your end -
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2012
I am very, very well. I hope all are fine!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
salsera:

Serubawon
Hows your end -

My end is looking extremely good. I'm happy. Looks like I have a story to tell.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
prittigrrr: I am very, very well. I hope all are fine!

Hmmmmmm.......sounds very interesting. Anything happening we should know about?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
serubawon:

My end is looking extremely good. I'm happy. Looks like I have a story to tell.

Aaaah ...(grabbing a chair and a drink)

By the way Let me claim this for myself too IJN Amen.

Oya, spill
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
salsera:

Aaaah ...(grabbing a chair and a drink)

By the way Let me claim this for myself too IJN Amen.

Oya, spill

Na wa o. Well. God has been very faithful and it looks like I'm finally getting hitched. No rushing of anything. Taking things nice and easy and SLOW!!! Things are looking very good and I'm truly happy. You know why? NO COMPARISONS WITH MY LATE WIFE.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
Coughs

I no agree - thats is not enough to finish this drink.

Nah summary be this oh.
I need intro, 1st para, 2nd para etc.

Really happy for you - do your kids like her
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 3:28am On Jul 13, 2012
Awwwww! Wonderful Serubawon! I'm so happy for you! Well...... As for me........ God has blessed me immensely so much more than I ever thought possible. The Word says He is the mender of the breach and God alone, so times I least expected, has restored me in so many areas of my life. I'm advancing in work and my love life has flourished. My family and friends are rejoicing with me.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:33am On Jul 13, 2012
My kids love her. She has a daughter also and I see her as my own child. That is one thing that I never thought was possible. The 3 kids are practically inseparable. Its a nice story that actually brings this whole episode to a nice respectable end. My family love her and she's just a wonderful person. I'll spill the beans very soon, I just had to let everyone know that my prayers have been answered and a new chapter is about to begin in my life.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by braveheart2012(m): 3:57am On Jul 13, 2012
Congratulations Serubawon. This thread is a classic. I have read it all.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 13, 2012
*coughs* Serubawon! Serubawon!! Serubawon!!! How many times did I call u? Where is the full gist na? U can't afford to keep your "fans" waiting ooo.. . *grabs a pack of popcorn and 5-alive*
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by domdolly2050(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
I am soooooo happy 4 u sir! U deserve nothin but d best,God bless n ur family!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Freesia(f): 3:47am On Jul 14, 2012
serubawon: My kids love her. She has a daughter also and I see her as my own child. That is one thing that I never thought was possible. The 3 kids are practically inseparable. Its a nice story that actually brings this whole episode to a nice respectable end. My family love her and she's just a wonderful person. I'll spill the beans very soon, I just had to let everyone know that my prayers have been answered and a new chapter is about to begin in my life.

The Good Lord is faithful to the end!!!

Mr Serubawon I'm waiting to hear the FULL Gist when you feel up to it....no leaving out comma,fullstop or exclamation mark lol....we're all going to celebrate with you get ready to print out enough invitation cards.

It's a beautiful thing to hear that your kids love each other and you and this special lady love each other's children.WOW!!! it can't get better than this...It has surely being worth the wait
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 14, 2012
Serubobo spill the news before I vex and leave this thread for good angry
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Freesia(f): 3:55am On Jul 14, 2012
jennykadry: Serubobo spill the news before I vex and leave this thread for good angry

No vexing lol...let's wait and hear
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
jennykadry: Serubobo spill the news before I vex and leave this thread for good angry

Haba, Jenny. Why now? embarassed
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ok, people. Unfortunately, I'll have to tell the story in short bursts. It's a bit too long for one go, so please bear with me. I'm really busy at work too, so the extra hours is taking a toll, but it shouldn't take too long. Thanks.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2012
chaircover: What is vexing me is that serubobo wouldnt have spilled the beans if pritgerr hadnt reopend the thread. Jenny can you beleive that he kept us his sisters from another mother out of his good news cry

Haba. My sisters are kicking against me o. Actually, I was waiting for the right time to say everything. She's in Nigeria right now for 'family consultations' and her father and I had a long talk several days ago. So. I figured the time is right to talk. Does that satisfy you Chaircover?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ok, where do I start from. My sister usually throws thanksgiving get-togethers every year. So, here I was at the party having fun. I had to go to work though, so my time was limited. A mutual friend had told me earlier that she had someone she wanted me to meet. Usually, when I hear that, I bolt. Too many near disasters had happened that way (Thank God I didn't sha). The mutual friend and Olori (that's what I call her) came together and we were introduced. There wasn't any explosion or love at 1st sight kind of thingy. It was just a normal introduction of two people. I was running late for work, so I collected her number and promised to call. Later on, she told me that she liked my boldness in asking for her number. She said if I had collected the number from her friend, she would have shut me down, shikena!

I believe I called a week later and it was like magic (I no lie). We spent hours on the phone talking about every nonsensical thing you could think of. That was when I learned she was divorced with a daughter. She had had a very rocky and short-lived marriage and the divorce had been really devastating to her. She had gotten to the point where she believed all men were GOATS! We started out as friends, but it soon became very obvious that it was more than that, but this was where I had a problem. She had vowed never to depend on any man again and never get married (because of her past experience). She had this wall of Jericho around her that was virtually impenetrable. She liked me, no doubt, but she felt that in time, I would change (just like her ex-husband did). My nairaland family, I don't know where the boldness or conviction came from o (from God of course), but within a month, I had told this Lady that she would be my wife, and I didn't care how long it took her to accept that. The lady thought I was crazy o (I thought I was a little cuckoo myself). She would laugh at me and actually felt sorry for me. She would say how much she liked me, but that would be the end of it. There began my journey of toasting o. Recently, I showed her all the txt messages we had sent to each other. She actually cried and had a laughing fit while reading them. The reason I showed her the messages was because she said I got her easy. EASY!!! I have never begged a woman so much in my entire life (Not even my 1st wife).

Back to the story. I started toasting (or something I thought was toasting) and it was not easy o. She's a lawyer by training, so all my oyinbo gesi was not making that much of an impact. So, I stopped 'toasting' and went back to being my old self and we became good friends. As time went on, she 'allowed' me to come visit her at home with her daughter. Her daughter is 6 and we hit it off instantly. There were times when her mom was moody and didn't feel like talking to me, we would just play games and ignore her mom. I think the turning point came when one day, she called me and asked me what I had done to her child. I didn't understand. So she tells me that one of her colleagues from work came on a visit. Her daughter answered the door and promptly closed it. When she asked her why she closed the door on the visitor, her daughter replied that she thought it was me. Since it wasn't me, she wasn't interested. I think that got her in an emotional bind. Me, I just told her that her receipt had already been signed, sealed and delivered by her daughter, so she actually didn't count anymore. It took her a REAL long time to start trusting me. She gets moody and temperamental a lot and I can understand that. Sometimes she vents on me for no apparent reason and I understand that too. Then she comes back crying and apologizing for treating me that way and I really don't get mad at all. I believe she has to be given time to accept the fact that there actually are some good men left in the world. I'll have to stop here. Taking my kids out. I'll be back.

7 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2012
You knew you wanted her to be your wife just after knowing her barely 2 months before? Finally someone agrees with me. I said it a few weeks ago on some thread that some men know what they want and know if they want to spend the rest of their live with a woman in a matter of weeks. Some know in a matter of days. Thanks for confirming that.

Now continue. . . . .

@CC
I will vex and leave the thread after he has finished his story angry

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ok sorry but I just had to ROTFLMAO @ the daughter closing the door on a visitor grin grin All these children and the liver them chop. I am still angry at Seru but will put it on hold until after the whole story angry

I like this woman already. The hormonal tantrums and mood change sounds familiar too but back in the day grin. Now it's not about me so continue and I ain't laughing angry angry angry
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by braveheart2012(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Again, congratulations! The lady's moods and temperament are natural. She's making herself vulnerable again after a very bad marriage. I can only imagine her fear and trepidation. However, I am confident that she'll be OK because you're a good man. I truly wish you and the lady the very best!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
jennykadry: You knew you wanted her to be your wife just after knowing her barely 2 months before? Finally someone agrees with me. I said it a few weeks ago on some thread that some men know what they want and know if they want to spend the rest of their live with a woman in a matter of weeks. Some know in a matter of days. Thanks for confirming that.

Now continue. . . . .

@CC
I will vex and leave the thread after he has finished his story angry

Jenny, Serubawon has eyes at the back of his head, so if he knew that he wanted to marry the lady before he even met her I trust his judgment. I may even use him as scanner to scan my daughters toasters when the time comes. grin

. . . as you you na only kpekusing ability na u dey use judge man cool grin

Now back to serubobo. I trust you jare. Congratulations my brother. I knew that one day soon you will not only find Miss Right, but Miss right too will find Mr Right and hey presto . . . I love the fact that the kids gel and they are happy with the relationship between their parents. I am really happy for you. Congratulations.

You remind me of my husband. Cool and calm during my tantrums and my strange temperament. Let me let you into a secret, deep down in her she appreciates the solid calm backbone and the lift up when she is down and it is not wasted at all at all. You are only banking for a rainy mess up day lipsrsealed grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2012
@CC Thanks my sista. I must confess, her temperament is one of the things that attracts me to her. I can't be with someone who agrees with everything I say or can't stand up to me. I'd be bored to death. She keeps me on my toes and there's never a dull moment. Even my sisters look at us, shake their heads and smile. Another thing I'm eternally grateful to God for is that there is nothing for me to compare with my late wife. They are so different, it's almost unreal. I asked got for someone that I would never have to compare with my late wife. He has done that. I asked for someone I would have even a better relationship with. Unbelievably, He did that too. About 3 months into our relationship, I told her that her walls would fall and her emotions would come out so strong, she would be embarrassed. I think she thought I was arrogant or cocky at the time, but it was something I just knew. She tried sooooo hard to fight it, but with oga Holy Spirit on my side, how could she prevail. For where? Now, she's growing comfortable with the feeling of being in love and it's a joy just to watch her. Her friends can't believe it. I saw her mom when I went to naija recently and the woman just kept silent, looking at me. I was a bit uncomfortable at that. I thought she didn't like me, until olori told me that she did it on purpose just to see how I would hold up. Me ke? I used 'oshodi' brain for the poor woman and started preaching and quoting bible (it was the only thing I could think of to endure the staring down that I got). Now, the woman and I are best paddies (I hope). I un-officially proposed on the 4th of July (independence day). I'm now scouting for an appropriate ring for the official proposal, which will be in front of all her friends (she doesn't know that yet). I just hope I don't freeze up. Be back with the full story before the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2012
smiles and gets another drink, waiting for Chapter 2

Okay serubawon you did not dissapoint.
jennykadry - please forgive him naa, he's making up for it.

@SERUBAWON
God will see you through it, lots of thanks to God
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
Serubawon is a prophet. I reconciled with my ex. With prayer, fasting, and godly counsel, we remarried after 10 years divorced. He was my friend and waited 8 years the first time for me to see he loved me. He is a patient man. For 10 years he waited for God to melt my heart and allow his return to it. When I lost my grandparents and suffered in my career, he became a listening ear. He did every task I required of him without complaint. Our families were so happy for our reconciliation. I'm blessed.

8 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by SisiKill1: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Honestly, threads come and go but this one. . .this one is forever!!!

Congratulations to my second uncle on NL!!!! kiss

You are a shining example of the "not giving up spirit" and your story the epitome of the "Patience always pays off" adage!

". . . And they lived happily ever after" does happen!!

Jeeedus! I am so full of cliches today, ain't I. Ah, no matter. . . So happy for you!! Wish you the very best!! smiley smiley

Soooooo, when are we mu-ing aso ebi? cheesy cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by SisiKill1: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ah! I just saw that it is not one but two Aso Ebi in the offing.

prittigrrr: Serubawon is a prophet. I reconciled with my ex. With prayer, fasting, and godly counsel, we remarried after 10 years divorced. He was my friend and waited 8 years the first time for me to see he loved me. He is a patient man. For 10 years he waited for God to melt my heart and allow his return to it. When I lost my grandparents and suffered in my career, he became a listening ear. He did every task I required of him without complaint. Our families were so happy for our reconciliation. I'm blessed.

Seriously, you and Mr Serubobo bring a different kinda story. . .the good, happy ever after kind of story to this family section.

Congratulations Sis! So happy for you, may God continue to make him the man of your dreams and you the only woman he wants. May you both never lack anything Good!! kiss

Like I said to Mr. Serubobo. . .where are we getting our Aso Ebi? I hope you have one with NAIRALAND FAMILY SECTION written gbagada gbagada on it oh coz how else will people know who we are? cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by SisiKill1: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
Off Topic

braveheart2012: Again, congratulations! The lady's moods and temperament are natural. She's making herself vulnerable again after a very bad marriage. I can only imagine her fear and trepidation. However, I am confident that she'll be OK because you're a good man. I truly wish you and the lady the very best!

Moremi?

It has to be you. . .no one else does gentleman sensitivity like you. What gives, why did you change your name? Did Seun ban you? angry angry Tell me. . .I have been looking for an opportunity to get on his case. cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Man, I have really missed everyone here. This thread just refuses to die off. Well, it's all for good. prittigrrr, I am truly happy for you. That man waited for ten long years? Wow! That's what I call dedication. Congratulations! You deserve it. In fact, you both deserve it.

@ Sisi Kill. Thank you very much. Don't worry, invitations shall be posted on this thread. Funny enough, she is the only person I have ever told about this thread. She said she wanted an unscripted revelation of me. I thought about it for about 2 days and then I said "if you want to know the kind of person I am, go read this link". I gave her the link of this thread and she read my story. According to her, she was crying when she read through and it kind of helped her understand me more.

I'll finish the story shortly. Just been a bit busy and typing has not been my best suit these days.

Cheers everyone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (44) (Reply)

Man Shares Picture After First Sex With His Virgin Wife (Viewers Discretion) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.