Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi (29512 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Midegee(m): 8:49am On Dec 23, 2014
engrtee:
Why didnt he touch the victim
sir you should be utterly ashamed of your gross stupidity

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Riclord001(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2014
ifeness:

Evidence of what? Besides,why did you not ask Kumuyi to show you an evidence ?Shows you are narrow minded and will blindly support the famous religion from the middle east.
lol... always learning and never able to come to
the knowledge of the truth.
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2014
shadowgwalker:
mumu media report. . . is it the man of God that healed her or God?
do you expect me to believe that thé Deeper Life founder said he 'healed' the woman?

Is it just me or you can't read?

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2014
Liar! I don't know why Nigerian pastors find it easier to lie than tell the truth. Must he advertize/market his church this way? Why are they so desparate to convince people of the authencity of their so called healing power? I'd like to know the name of the person that was miracluosly healed. I think it's high time we start arresting these men of whatever.. His utterance can put Nigeria into danger,when Ebola victims starts invading this country in search of healing,don't be suprised.

4 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by collins125: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2014
Where is the ebola victim now?

And can he/she provide a scanned document or paper proving that he/she was diagnosed with ebola?

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2014
Riclord001:

lol... always learning and never able to come to
the knowledge of the truth.

What truth? Be straightforward !

2 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2014
Am still looking for where in the op he said he healed the woman , I can only see 'my prayer' undecided
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by kevoh(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Most times just being positive kick-starts/fires the brain to send the right signals to the immune system that will start the healing process of a sick person. That is why placebos work most time on people.

Prayers can be categorised as a form of placebo too. There's nothing supernatural about it. It just builds up a certain degree of positivity, what religious people call faith/hope, and possibly increases the chance of a healing process from 30% to 50%. With just the right amount of immunity the person might get healed or not as the case may be.

#My opinion, you don't have to agree with me.

3 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Misogynist2014(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Hmm
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Nobleval:
Liar! I don't know why Nigerian pastors find it easier to lie than tell the truth. Must he advertize/market his church this way? Why are they so desparate to convince people of the authencity of their so called healing power? I'd like to know the name of the person that was miracluosly healed. I think it's high time we start arresting these men of whatever.. His utterance can put Nigeria into danger,when Ebola victims starts invading this country in search of healing,don't be suprised.

so you mean saying a testimony during their retreat is wrong ? or was he the one that posted it on Nl? undecided

3 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by kristen12(f): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2014
starlingleanets:
Dats brilliant!! So what then is Trust?
belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, effective, etc. :
There's a thin line btw 3 of them
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by asodeboyede(m): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2014
GOD'S ANOINTED GENERAL!

2 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 23, 2014
kevoh:
Most times just being positive kick-starts/fires the brain to send the right signals to the immune system that will start the healing process of a sick person. That is why placebos work most time on people.

Prayers can be categorised as a form of placebo too. There's nothing supernatural about it. It just builds up a certain degree of positivity, what religious people call faith/hope, and possibly increases the chance of a healing process from 30% to 50%.

Spot on! For once someone is reasoning fine.

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by slimzy91(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2014
[b][/b] let me clear the air, this is not how he said it. He was teaching on progressive faith, then he said ppl have been healed frm hiv aids and even now ppl are getting healed of ebola dat was when he shared the testimony..he was only trying to illustrate how bigger faith brings bigger miracle. The op just like any other nigeria journalist milk the headline to catch ppl attension. Kumuyi is not a loud type, he does nt point to himself but christ. God has used him to perform far greater miracle than this in his ministry ..he didn't use the word « my prayer healed an ebola vuctim».. Pls becareful abt wht u write abt ppl especially men of God

6 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by BotherMleeper(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2014
Haha naija christians still live in the stone age. All these yeye lying pastors claiming to see god, talk to god, walk on water, heal people....and not a single evidence do they present and suckahs swallow it whole.

So why do we have modern medicine if some bloated ugly peddler of falsehood can casually heal one of the deadliest diseases ever known? And the irony is if je falls ill, he goes to a freaking doctor who's probably an atheist.

Charlatans. Frauds. Thieves. Alchemists. Delusionists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2014
DeHero1:
He prayed... and there was a healing!

God healed... not d Pastor!
and God allowed over six thousand people to perish of the same virus? Who is this lady? I'd like to meet her and have a word with her..grrrhh sad

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2014
When Jesus Christ healed in a particular place he healed ALL or almost ALL, but when a Nigerian pastor heals ONE it becomes a miracle ? What happened to "greater works than these shall you do ".

And why advertise it ? Did Jesus not try to keep his own healing secret ?

Come to think of it, only ONE Person healed out of thousands, how come our pastors ( TB Joshua , Adeboye etc ) cannot heal all the EBOLA, Cancer and disease in West Africa ?

GULLIBLE NIGERIANS suspended their brain power since the invasion of pentecostal mushroom churches.

2 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by miradent: 9:01am On Dec 23, 2014
mind the words u use... if u know the meaning of rogue, u will not use such word loosely.. I wonder how pple think.. mtshewww
ifeness:
Only one Ebola victim out of hundreds. We need evidence because the guy lies a lot.

"Pastor" Kumuyi; what a sentimental title to give to a rogue

3 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by kristen12(f): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2014
Nobleval:
He didn't come to NL to announce it, he shared it as a testimony in the church. Just to help people believe and have faith that God can help them of any sickness

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by retake89(m): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2014
ifeness:
Only one Ebola victim out of hundreds. We need evidence because the guy lies a lot.

"Pastor" Kumuyi; what a sentimental title to give to a rogue

U r a fool, ur fada,grand fada and entire generations r rogue..curse be upon u 4 ur entire life 4 kalling him a rogue..Bumbling idiot
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 23, 2014
Elantracey:

so you mean saying a testimony during their retreat is wrong ? or was he the one that posted it on Nl? undecided
please dearie,this isn't about testimonies. The fact is this:he lied.

And of course that lie was posted by someone here on NL.

2 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by retake89(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2014
bigtt76:
What's he waiting for? He should be on the next flight to Liberia or Sierra Leone naaa undecided #mtscheeeeeeew... Where was he when we had nurses and doctors dying? People shaa

Sharap and dnt say rubbish...u no get pastor 4 ur church?
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by hensben(m): 9:05am On Dec 23, 2014
pastor kumuyi cant lie over ebola issue so i believe him

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 23, 2014
retake89:

U r a fool, ur fada,grand fada and entire generations r rogue..curse be upon u 4 ur entire life 4 kalling him a rogue..Bumbling idiot

haha , typical Nigerian Christian - all of you are HELL BOUND.

Did your pastor teach you James 3:9 or 1 Peter 2:23 ?

smh

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Xtfield(m): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2014
PerfumeRepublik:

Exactly what I was thinking
I was at the programme as a member of the church and I heard the pastor during one of his ministrations. He never claimed that he healed the woman but that he prayed for the woman over the phone and the woman was healed thereafter. The Pastor was trying to build up the faith of the congregation in God's power to perform miracles in our lives if we pray to Him. In fact in many of his messages, he tried to discourage the attitude of most Christians who go about with the "Pray for me" mentality. He encouraged his hearers to develop a personal relationship with God that will make them approach God directly in prayers rather than seeking for men of God to pray for them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by kus4fame(m): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2014
HEY DADDY, YOU CAN LIE O. WHICH TIME TORTOISE FALL FROM THE SKY AND NOW CRACK BACK?

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by PastorKun(m): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2014
Hmmmmn all these pastors that are always seeking crowd and attention, I just hope he doesn't end up attracting ebola victims who are seeking healing to his crusade thus starting another epidemic in Nigeria undecided

2 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 23, 2014
Nobleval:
please dearie,this isn't about testimonies. The fact is this:he lied.

And of course that lie was posted by someone here on NL.

Are you very sure or you're just jumping to conclusion ?
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Xtfield:
I was at the programme as a member of the church and I heard the pastor during one of his ministrations. He never claimed that he healed the woman but that he prayed for the woman over the phone and the woman was healed thereafter. The Pastor was trying to build up the faith of the congregation in God's power to perform miracles in our lives if we pray to Him. In fact in many of his messages, he tried to discourage the attitude of most Christians who go about with the "Pray for me" mentality. He encouraged his hearers to develop a personal relationship with God that will make them approach God directly in prayers rather than seeking for men of God to pray for them.

1. It is God who heals not your Pastor
2. There is no verification or evidence she was healed, where is the medical report
3. Why heal ONE out of thousands ? Jesus healed ALL.
4. Jesus never advertised his healing prowess, he always gave glory to God and tried to perform his good deeds in secret.

1 Like

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Misogynist2014(m): 9:08am On Dec 23, 2014
kevoh:

Prayers can be categorised as a form of placebo too. There's nothing supernatural about it. It just builds up a certain degree of positivity, what religious people call faith/hope, and possibly increases the chance of a healing process from 30% to 50%. With just the right amount of immunity the person might get healed or not as the case may be.

At least you agree that faith and hope heals.
Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 23, 2014
retake89:

I once asked an Indian Sheik to fast and curse me with the deadliest curses. He did and nothing happened! I do understand you are annoyed and pissed off because I tell the truth the way it is. Sorry your curses are pathetic,try harder.

Next time,be specific about they types of curses you wanna throw at me lol

4 Likes

Re: How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi by retake89(m): 9:09am On Dec 23, 2014
Nobleval:

Bumbling Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-zakzaky’s Group Visits Church On New Year Day (photos) / Pope To Young Italians: Don't Be Selfish, We Need More Children Than Pets / The Lord’s Chosen Auditorium Collapses In Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.