Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet (28967 Views)

Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 8:18am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.

Guy Jonathan na your papa? You mean we shouldn't go emotional when people are homeless and dieing of hunger?

Now if APC rejects this, you all PDP supporters will rush to your phone's and type here that APC is anti-government. By the way do APC have to counter this before GEJ uses his numb skull to know this is not what we want now.

He should be busy tackling Boko haram as the C in C; showing us what he has achieved in Health,Education,Power,Infrastructure sectors, so we vote him and not telling us on papers that we are the biggest economy or Nigeria is still young and growing;America is over 200yrs; rubbish. So it's because Nigeria is still young that's why he can't use his sense to know 10jets is too much luxury,ba?

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by shiffynaani(m): 8:18am On Dec 24, 2014
GEJ is actually preparing for his OTUOKE trip.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by farem: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Beesluv:
That's the jet that will take him back to otueke in 2015

Point of correction. He will go back the way he claimed he was: SHOELESSLY!

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by zantama05(m): 8:19am On Dec 24, 2014
Transformation agenda is working.
TRANSFORMATION AGENDA IS GOING
ON SUCCESSFULLY AS WE ALL CAN
PERCEIVE.
1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in most
other places over N120
2. Kerosene from 50 naira to 120 and
above i.e (unofficial price).
3. Garri from N100 to N260 per measure
4. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to
N250 or more per measure
5. Electricity charge from N1,250 to
N4000 per month even when not
available
6. Scarcity of money in all sphere of life,
yet abundantly available if one is a
Jonathanian e.g groups campaigning for
the continuation of the EBELE ill wind
7. Killings from few individuals to whole
communities being wiped out
8. Police/military roadblocks from 1 per
40km to 2 per 3km
9. Crude oil illegal bunkering from
10,000 barrels pd to 100,000 barrels pd.
10. Constant industrial actions by many
organisations
11. From the sack of few workers to the
sack of thousands of workers
12. WASSCE rate of failure from 40% to
over 70%
13. Trust, love and unity among citizens
from substantial to zero
14. Misappropriation of funds from
billions of Naira to billions of
DOLLARS or TRILLIONS of naira
15. Budget implementation from 40% to
less than 20% Per year
16. Roads from potholes to huge craters
and cut-offs
17. Economy from worse in Africa to
greatest in Africa on paper, but the
masses from poor to poorest
18. Defection of polititians from a few
tens to hundreds of persons, in some
cases thousands from one party to the
other. Nigerian soldiers now defect to
other countries
19. Transport fares, from a few
hundreds of Naira to several thousand of
Naira, on both air and road networks
20. Bribe takings from only police, now
includes all authorities, soldiers inclusive
21. ATM charges from zero to N65 per
transaction
22. New English phrase called 'Tactical
Manoeuvre' when soldiers are
deliberately dispatched with low grade
weapons to be killed by a well armed
"Boko Haram"
23. Bribery scandal from few to
substantial
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
26. Bart Nnaji NEPA scandal
27. Allison jet scandal
28. Orisajafor $10 million arms scandal
29. Subsidy scam
30. Immigration death scandal
31. Missing $20 billion
32. Handling boko haram with kid gloves
only to report that the nation is winning
on insurgents.
33. Election delegate bribe
34. Sheriff/Ihejirika case, etc.
I pledged to Nigeria my country, to be
working, voting and praying, to oppose
the cluelessness of the shoeless one, to
whom16 is greater than 19, to whom
stealing is not corruption; that may God
give me the wisdom to vote the slowpoke
out of office, and send him packing from
Aso-rock, to Otuoke from where he
came aboard our ship, come 2015 my
lord,
And uphold our honour and glory so
help me God.

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2014
[size=14pt]I KNOW THAT THIS NEWS IS A PROPAGANDA NEWS TO PLAY ON THE MIND OF NIGERIANS, IS IT NOT SAHARA REPORTERS, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THEM THAN YOU ARE NOT AN ONLINE READER. COTE ME, AT THE TAIL END OF THIS STORY, YOU WILL SEE THAT IT IS NOT TRUE.[/size]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by thaoriginator: 8:22am On Dec 24, 2014
Guinness Book of World records mess up if they don't honor this man with the award of 'the most clueless black faced, monkey-looking-as presidumb!

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by SirFrank1477: 8:23am On Dec 24, 2014
Jonathan have lost it all,he is totally confused.our oil is falling down in the market,the economy is crumbling.and his main priority is getting another presidential jet.I pity my country and those that keep saying GEJ till 2019.that man called Jonathan have failed us.even thou is only one vote that I have,I will give it to GMB.he is the one to pilot the affairs of this country better than GEJ the failure.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Slickest(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2014
I din want 2 comment but God, Jona is a plague sworn 2 drain nigerians...nd in no tym sm clueless dolt wil inscribe "gej til 2019" while they nd their families languish in abject poverty....

Nd he wants 2 rule 4 another 4yrs...God bring back Abacha nd take dis bitxtch called jona

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Greatomotoy: 8:28am On Dec 24, 2014
bigwallace:
pdp bankrupting nigeria since the days of obasanjo,nd dey will be blaming it on fuel subsidy
no mind them

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by 1stola: 8:28am On Dec 24, 2014
eye4eye:
Jonathan is cursed! Dem swear for the man to make sure this country bankrupt ni? Nine presidential aircraft, yet he still want more. It takes 500 million naira to maintain nine presidential jets in the last budget.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2014
This is wickedness. I think I will vote for Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by saaedlee: 8:30am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

Have you heard the NASS reject any of such requests
Perhaps if YOU are not clueless you should find out why they have not rejected such up till now! Or is that not what a smart person who is keen on this matter would do shocked

Lest I forget the NASS is made up of a sizeable number of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC representatTHIEVES and SINators!
Especially the HoR where the president's choice for Speaker was REJECTED in favour of that of the APC collusion!!!

Any chance to actually use that grey matter in the medulla oblongata angry

Let the grey matter in the medulla oblongata prompt u to read dis letter: [url] https://www.nairaland.com/2059490/request-private-jet-open-letter [/url]
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by tobilorba14(m): 8:31am On Dec 24, 2014
xtop bad mouthin jona
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2014
[s]
anonimi:

Have you heard the NASS reject any of such requests
Perhaps if YOU are not clueless you should find out why they have not rejected such up till now! Or is that not what a smart person who is keen on this matter would do shocked

Lest I forget the NASS is made up of a sizeable number of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC representatTHIEVES and SINators!
Especially the HoR where the president's choice for Speaker was REJECTED in favour of that of the APC collusion!!!

Any chance to actually use that grey matter in the medulla oblongata angry
[/s]

Fool, u are still going around with this stupidity of urs eh?
What was Jonathan thinking for him to conceive such malady?
What was Ngozi thinking for her to draft it and present it to the NASS in the first place?
If they don't propose it, would NASS have the affrontery to chip it in?
Despite paying Jonathan a huge sum of money as emoluments which so many world leaders can't boast of including Obama, yet the drunkard went ahead to conceive such?
Don't u think we Av a mad man as current president?

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by iluvmoscow(m): 8:34am On Dec 24, 2014
Sad cry

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by ibnjarir93(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2014
Most of these jets are going to be sold when Buhari becomes president next year. Believe me!

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 8:35am On Dec 24, 2014
saaedlee:

Let the grey matter in the medulla oblongata prompt u to read dis letter:

https://www.nairaland.com/2059490/request-private-jet-open-letter

Thanks a lot for sharing your open letter.
However as per my post that you quoted, it will be MORE effective if you address it to the "opposition" SINAtors and representaTHIEVES, particularly those for your constituency so they can at least SCORE huge political points and at most put enough pressure to ensure the budget for the acquisition is not approved by their colleagues in the NASS.

This is how to make our democracy work better for us, don't you think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 8:36am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

Another addition to Presidential Fleet

What kind of extravagant lifestyle is this angry

Let me assume it is just a budget and not planned to be actualize undecided

Check past records. When a presidential jet is budgeted for, it's purchased. These aren't roads or other capital projects for the populace but for Jonathan inner cacus so if approve, nothing will stop it's actualization.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by freezyprinzy(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014
God save is in dis country.... dat 400m of dem share am 1k 4 everybody change go remain o
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014
Demdem:

What was Ngozi thinking for her to draft it and present it to the NASS in the first place?
Despite paying Jonathan a huge sum of money as emoluments which so many world leaders can't boast of including Obama, yet the drunkard went ahead to conceive such?

Clueless rants are best ignored!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Proffdada: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by olajide8(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
This is wickedness. I think I will vote for Buhari.
You think ke! Sis vote buhari O! Or anybody else - but plZ not this court jeste* at least they have succeeded, in disenfranchising me - my one vote by scattering the point of registration - but so far you have yours vote wisely-

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Yusluv77(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2014
#PigDPMUSTGO!!! By May 29, 1999, we had 23 PDP
governors, 6 AD, and 7 APP. Eight years after, this
is their story: (A) PDP (23 governors) 1. James lbori
- PDP Delta - in prison for looting 2. DSP
Alamieseigha - PDP Bayelsa - Ex- convict for looting
3. Lucky Igbinedion - PDP Edo - Ex-convict for
looting 4. Peter Odili - PDP Rivers - In court for
looting 5. Chimaroke Nnamani - PDP Enugu - In
court for looting 6. Ayo Fayose - PDP Ekiti - In court
for looting 7. Rasheed Ladoja - PDP Oyo - In court
for looting 8. Alao Akala - PDP Oyo - In court for
looting 9. Gbenga Daniel - PDP Ogun - In court for
looting 10. Ikenna Ohakim - PDP Imo - In court for
looting 11. Adamu Muazu - Bauchi (current PDP
National Chairman) - In court for looting over N19
Billion from the state treasury 12. Joshua Dariye -
PDP Plateau - In court for looting 13. Jolly Nyame -
PDP Taraba - In court for looting the state treasury
14. Abdulahi Adamu - PDP Nassarawa - In court for
looting the state treasury 15. Boni Haruna - PDP
Adamawa - (newly appointed minister by President
Jonathan) - In court for looting the treasury 16.
Saminu Turaki - Ex-gov. PDP Jigawa - In court for
looting the treasury 17. Orji Uzor Kalu - PDP Abia -
In court for looting the treasury (B). AD to AC, 6
govs NO Ex governor has ever been taken to court
for treasury looting. NOTE:- Tinubu of Lagos was
dragged to Code of Conduct Tribunal for having
foreign accounts while in power against
government policy of zero foreign account for
public officials. He was found not guilty because he
had the accounts before his election to the office
of governor. Case dismissed. (C) APP - (ANPP) 7
governors 1. Attahiru Baffarawa - APP Sokoto - In
court for looting (he is now in a PDP member) 2.
Prince Abubakar Audu - ANPP Kogi - In court for
looting. So APC made up of AD/ AC/ACN of the past
is leading the pack. Does it not make perfect sense
to allow these people to lead at the center? Culled
from George Kaizer's wall. You may add the two
ex-national chairmen of PDP, Ahmadu Ali and
Bamanga Tukukur whose sons are facing multi-
billion naira oil subsidy fraud charges. Let's protect
our future today! Do not survive with PDP voting
bribe of #500 for another 4years. Say no to bribe
and vote for CHANGE.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

Finally someone with a thinking cap on, was going to point it out but don't want NL's going bananas on me.

Use ur brain and read up.
Will the trade in cost the government additional hundreds of millions as deposit to manufacturer?
It's right inside the article.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2014
d33types:

What good explanation? you two faced dude?with a fleet of about 9 jets already?what about selling off the oolder ones?how many does the U.S. govt run for their presidency?

Which is a good idea...but the gent's explanation did have some merit.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by annibro(f): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2014
Beesluv:
That's the jet that will take him back to otueke in 2015

Who dash m**key! D barefoot wey e carry come na im e go tek return back

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 8:42am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

Clueless rants are best ignored!

Oponu. Surely u are shameless to accept the fact that Jonathan remains a fool for even conceiving such stupidity. Ur efforts in diverting the blame to NASS is sheer stupidity. Was it Nass that prepared the budget? U are so daft.

Demdem:
[s][/s]

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by rman: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.

This trade off will still cost the country 400million naira, can you please rationalise that bearing in mind the current austerity measure being preached and the fact that he has 9 in his fleet?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2014
Demdem:

Oponu. Surely u are shameless to accept the fact that Jonathan remains a fool for even conceiving such stupidity. Ur efforts in diverting the blame to NASS is sheer stupidity. Was it Nass that prepared the budget? U are so daft.

Have you checked your blood pressure today
I would hate to be responsible for your early demise oh!
Me I don talk my own be that lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by nwaanambra1(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

Another addition to Presidential Fleet

What kind of extravagant lifestyle is this angry

Let me assume it is just a budget and not planned to be actualize undecided

even firefire cant defend this!? shocked shocked

Its no easy job being a GEJite! grin

GMB 2015 by God's grace! cool

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Btruth: 8:45am On Dec 24, 2014
ok. We will wait and see....., meanwhile I want you all to consider this first to see if the president merit to still be in that office be ending of March 2015........

Read Prof Tam David West;

"Religion is a personal thing and every man has the right to choose his own, or practice it the way he likes. Most of the sycophants that use religion to defame the character of Buhari are not even practicing their acclaimed self righteousness. Many of them are occultists. They kill and conduct daily human sacrifices to remain in power.

Buhari is a man of integrity and I respect him a lot. But because majority of those who have looted this country to poverty are afraid to end up in jail or loose their ill gotten wealth, they chose to fabricate lies against Buhari. They hire hungry and morally corrupted scholars to do the dirty jobs on their behalf.

It is quite unfortunate that Nigerians buy all the lies they trade through the media. This is the only country where people prefer to believe in a 'hear say' than make a research. Only a minute population of Nigerians are willing to investigate an allegation before they draw conclusions.

Nigerians have resolved to be praise singers to corrupt leaders. We have failed to ask for accountability. Our conscience has been beclouded with religious and ethnic sentiments. Our sense of judgement and reason have been blinded by poverty. We chose to mortgage our tomorrow and the future of our children for the rice and a few Naira notes they share during elections.

All we believe is the roads, the bridges, the railways, the electricity they build only on televisions. I always ask my self these questions:

1. Where are the roads?
✏The Abuja - Lokoja road was awarded by Obasanjo's administration. He spent 8 years in the office. Then Yaradua and Goodluck spent another 4 years. Now if Goodluck is elected, he will be spending another 8 years. This will amount to 20 years and 180 km road is yet to be completed.
✏Enugu - Onitsha road was also awarded by the Obasanjo administration and till date, a journey that is supposed to take 45 minutes can take you 8 hours if it rains.
✏Enugu- PH road is on the same series.
✏What about Uyo - Calabar route? Just to mention a few.

2. Where is the power? They sold all the NEPA to their friends. We pay for the light that was not supplied.

3. Our education and health system go bad everyday. Lecturers and Health workers spent more time at home than in the schools and hospitals as a result of incessant strikes.

4. The government failed to provide us with security. People are being killed everyday and yet government comes out to tell us they are in control.

5. Why are we pretending that all is well? It is only in Nigeria where monies develop wings and fly. $20 billion oil money disappeared and they said it was $10 billion. Forensic investigators were hired and that was the end of the story. N20 billion pension fund stolen and nothing came out of it. $9.3 million seized in South Africa and government claimed it was meant for ammunition purchase. The immigration scandal has also been swept under the carpet because the senate could not proceed with their investigation. The man behind the contract is sitting among the high seats in the senate. Innocent people were defrauded and they at the same time lost their lives yet, we have a transparent governance.

6. Why are we praising government as if they are doing whatever with their personal money. How many people in their various communities have they provided scholarship with their personal money before they got elected? The reason they got elected is to manage our resources and not to loot us dry.

One thing I know is that we will not have any meaningful development except if we make a change.

Age or no age, Buhari is a better option for the present day Nigeria"

Please pass it on.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by victorazy(m): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2014
temitemi1:
If he doesn't need it he won't be buying it... GEJ till 2019!!!

Yes ofcux!!
If he doesn't need it and Nigeria doesn't have the money he woldn't ask for it.

If ur in Nigeria and ur poor then ur the clueless, lazy, ignorant dude. I gat no phd but I drove cars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

El-Rufai Visits Scene Of Bomb Explosion In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Blood Will Flow If Elrufai Demolishes Gbagyi Villa- Kaduna Youth Groupwarns / Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.