Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet (28968 Views)

Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

Have you checked your blood pressure today
I would hate to be responsible for your early demise oh!
Me I don talk my own be that lipsrsealed

Fool, what does my BP got to do with Jonathan foolish initiative and ur blind support for the fool.
Demdem currently enjoying life to the fullness.
Face ur heros stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by jaybee3(m): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2014
humilitypays:
When you read an intelligent person's comment, you will know. Most people on nairaland don't understand the cost implication of keeping an old aircraft. Poor men spend more on mechanical items than rich men, why? Because a poor man will buy a bicycle for N10,000 and use it for 5yrs and spend N25,000 on maintenance of the old wrecked bicycle, instead of using it for say 2 years to trade it in for a new one in order to cut maintenance cost.

But a rich man will buy same bicycle for N10,000 and use it for 2 years and trades it in b4 it starts developing unpredictable mechanical faults that will cost much to maintain, and then acquire a new bicycle for N12,000 and spend say N5,000 only on maintaining the old one b4 he traded it in.

If do the arithmetic, the rich man spent: N10,000 + N5,000 + N12,000 = N27,000 to own a clean bicycle for 2 years, whereas a poor man thinking he is prudent and wise in spending, spends: N10,000 + N25,000 = N35,000 to own a wrecked bicycle for 5years.

Dear nigerian youths, let's stop all these sentimental cursing and abuse of our own national president pls. OBJ was so horrible a president but Nigerians didn't curse and abuse his office like Goodluck, pls why all these hate for this man?

Goodluck is doing his best but our country has been totally destroyed by past leaders and won't take 6 years or even 10yrs to repair pls.

Let's reason well and stop allowing these wicked politicians claiming they are the new change to incite us against one another while they party and merry with their children somewhere.

Let's criticise Goodluck or any other Nigeria's president with respect and wisdom pls for the good our nation.

Don't kill your fellow citizens; whether Hausa, Ijaw, Igbo, Yoruba, Tiv, Bini, etc come next year for anyone.

If Goodluck wins, fine for him, if Buhari wins, fine for him. Let's warn our friends and mates ahead pls. Violence will only kill us the youths while the politicians enjoy more!

Let's be wise. Thanks
You are very stoopid for the above rant.
Any reasonable person will decommission the jet that needs replacing during austerity times.

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by harffie(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2014
penisilin:
all dis small small pikin wey full nairaland ehn, its either you don't know what your parents are going through to feed you, give you stipends to buy MB you're using to post rubbish or you're also a descendant of pa satan of the saTANist empire...
ion even knw wt to call that dud!
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

Thanks a lot for sharing your open letter.
However as per my post that you quoted, it will be MORE effective if you address it to the "opposition" SINAtors and representaTHIEVES, particularly those for your constituency so they can at least SCORE huge political points and at most put enough pressure to ensure the budget for the acquisition is not approved by their colleagues in the NASS.

This is how to make our democracy work better for us, don't you think

Again fool, pdp has the majority in both houses.
Majority have their way, minority has their say.
Who is the leader of this same pdp who incidentally conceived this stupid idea.......Jonathan himself.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by martynsnet: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2014
akinsadeez:

But bro, did you read the part where it is stated that the trade in will still involve Nigeria paying 400 million naira as deposit. That is almost half a billion being paid as deposit meaning there will still be further payments ( to an amount we cant determine). What sense does it make to pay that much to upgrade a plane in a presidential fleet that already has eleven planes and is one of the most luxurious in the world.

Thank you so much for the calm way u responded, that was very matured of you. I respect it when people argue reasonably. now if I may contribute from my own understanding. First the Nigerian govt. is not buying a new jet, but trading it in for a new one. bringing it down a bit, if you buy a car from a car company and over time you find the car not to be of the standard you require, you can take it back to them and ask for another type, then pay whatever balance of difference it is with the new one, it is more economical than buying a new car.

Next question is, why would the president want to replace a jet at this critical time of our economy, same reason why you would want to change the car, it could be faulty and considering the cost of maintaining it, its better to trade it in now than wait for an accident or keep incurring maintenance bill.

But is N400 million not too much? That's just a bit short of $3 million, considering one of the least of the presidential jets is a Falcon which cost $50 million, I think it will be cheaper to trade it in than raising another $50 million for a new Falcon.

But we already have about 7 jets? Yes, but they serve different purpose, among the fleet is a Boeing 747 then called Victor 1, don't know if its still in service, but you cant use a Boeing 747 to fly the president and maybe 3 aids from Abuja to Port Harcourt, that will be wastage, so you use a Falcon or something smaller instead. Now when the President lands in Port Harcourt and say he wants to go to Bayelsa, then he uses a chopper. But if he wants to go to say America with a 30 man delegates, then he needs the Boeing 747.

Also these Jets are available to the Vice President and other top officials. Just my humble contribution.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2014
nwaanambra1:

even firefire cant defend this!? shocked shocked

Its no easy job being a GEJite! grin

GMB 2015 by God's grace! cool

That is the stark difference between

- those who support Jonathan based on his better performance record compared to his predecessors and the 36 state governors
and
- those who support General Muhammadu Buhari.

While Jonathan's supporters are free to exercise their freedom in criticizing him as deemed necessary, those supporting the old soldier pensioner apparently do NOT have such liberty.
Na one way traffic be dem case like zombie, joro jara joro!
QED!!!

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76UngzHX5Y][/url]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by martynsnet: 8:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Demdem:

Use ur brain and read up.
Will the trade in cost the government additional hundreds of millions as deposit to manufacturer?
It's right inside the article.

I did use my brain and read up, being abusive with your words doesn't prove your knowledge. I have replied as to my earlier response, its just above, read it up.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by rman: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2014
humilitypays:
When you read an intelligent person's comment, you will know. Most people on nairaland don't understand the cost implication of keeping an old aircraft. Poor men spend more on mechanical items than rich men, why? Because a poor man will buy a bicycle for N10,000 and use it for 5yrs and spend N25,000 on maintenance of the old wrecked bicycle, instead of using it for say 2 years to trade it in for a new one in order to cut maintenance cost.

But a rich man will buy same bicycle for N10,000 and use it for 2 years and trades it in b4 it starts developing unpredictable mechanical faults that will cost much to maintain, and then acquire a new bicycle for N12,000 and spend say N5,000 only on maintaining the old one b4 he traded it in.

If do the arithmetic, the rich man spent: N10,000 + N5,000 + N12,000 = N27,000 to own a clean bicycle for 2 years, whereas a poor man thinking he is prudent and wise in spending, spends: N10,000 + N25,000 = N35,000 to own a wrecked bicycle for 5years.

Dear nigerian youths, let's stop all these sentimental cursing and abuse of our own national president pls. OBJ was so horrible a president but Nigerians didn't curse and abuse his office like Goodluck, pls why all these hate for this man?

Goodluck is doing his best but our country has been totally destroyed by past leaders and won't take 6 years or even 10yrs to repair pls.

Let's reason well and stop allowing these wicked politicians claiming they are the new change to incite us against one another while they party and merry with their children somewhere.

Let's criticise Goodluck or any other Nigeria's president with respect and wisdom pls for the good our nation.

Don't kill your fellow citizens; whether Hausa, Ijaw, Igbo, Yoruba, Tiv, Bini, etc come next year for anyone.

If Goodluck wins, fine for him, if Buhari wins, fine for him. Let's warn our friends and mates ahead pls. Violence will only kill us the youths while the politicians enjoy more!

Let's be wise. Thanks

You guys are half smart, he has 10 jets in his fleet not one. Your analogy only makes sense when he has only one jet.

NEXT!

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by sucess001(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2014
[size=24pt]Nice austerity measure..[/size]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2014
martynsnet:

I did use my brain and read up, being abusive with your words doesn't prove your knowledge. I have replied as to my earlier response, its just above, read it up.

I wasn't abusive instead I challenged u to annex ur God given talent which u did after my challenge.
After reading ur response, it's obvious u still see nothing wrong with the trade in despite being in austerity times.
All I can say to u is shame.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by patrickmuf(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.
In your bid to sound intelligent, you actually goofed big time...
If cost of maintenance is the reason you put forward for this utterly ridiculous idea, wouldn't it be logical to do a trade off involving the other 8 birds in the fleet for new ones with much cheaper cost of maintenance? Because as it stands, we'll still be spending a fortune maintaining the other 8 old jets in the Presidential fleet...Whichever way you look at it, it just doesn't sound like an idea conceived by right thinking chaps.

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by nwaanambra1(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2014
ibnjarir93:
Most of these jets are going to be sold when Buhari becomes president next year. Believe me!

forgone conclusion! wink
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by GboyegaD(m): 9:01am On Dec 24, 2014
Coolguy89:
he is just a thief,I really hate dis man wit passion

My issue with him is that he doesn't reason. His apologists are reducing by the day because they know they cannot sell his candidature because off his extreme incompetence and what we have now are wannabes who don't even know why they keep shouting his name for president.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by sebali: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

If the government cannot show signs of cost savings at this critical economic downturn, it is a pity.

Can we start scrutinising all State Government budget as well, ?

Honestly, our leaders are extremely WICKED!

Ma goodness.
I finally read a non biased comment abt GEJ 4rm u.
There is hope

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by zubby29(m): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2014
Nigeria will go down as d country wit d highest no of presidential fleet.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by cy4cent(f): 9:06am On Dec 24, 2014
temitemi1:
If he doesn't need it he won't be buying it... GEJ till 2019!!!
fool think with your head not your anus!!! he needs it abi,what happened to the other nine he already has!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Bawss1(m): 9:06am On Dec 24, 2014
The presidency must be living in a parallel universe where oil prices are above $200/barrel. These guys are oblivious of the realities that the country faces.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by priestken1(m): 9:07am On Dec 24, 2014
temitemi1:
If he doesn't need it he won't be buying it... GEJ till 2019!!!
can u compare the numbers of jets GEJ has to the one president Obama has...GEJ 11th private jets,that too much for a man that said he had no shoes...now I guess if he has to go to his bedroom he doesn't need to wear shoes all he need is to use one of his jet inorder for him to get to his room...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

Another addition to Presidential Fleet

What kind of extravagant lifestyle is this angry

Let me assume it is just a budget and not planned to be actualize undecided
If I stone u one of diz below ehn...

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by martynsnet: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2014
Demdem:

I wasn't abusive instead I challenged u to annex ur God given talent which u did after my challenge.
After reading ur response, it's obvious u still see nothing wrong with the trade in despite being in austerity times.

My good friend, we are not fighting. we simply have a different opinion to this issue, which I believe is 100% normal. I am only being objective rather than carrying a placard with an inscription "crucify the President".

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by nwaanambra1(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

That is the stark difference between

- those who support Jonathan based on his better performance record compared to his predecessors and the 36 state governors
and
- those who support General Muhammadu Buhari.

While Jonathan's supporters are free to exercise their freedom in criticizing him as deemed necessary, those supporting the old soldier pensioner apparently do NOT have such liberty.
Na one way traffic be dem case like zombie, joro jara joro!
QED!!!

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76UngzHX5Y][/url]

You have been noticed. Now move on.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bondingman: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

Another addition to Presidential Fleet

What kind of extravagant lifestyle is this angry

Let me assume it is just a budget and not planned to be actualize undecided
Na wa oo! undecided

You spirit of account hackin, I command you, OOOOUUUTTTT!

IJN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by bondingman: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:

You're spot on, d problem I've seen here is people don't read, n sometimes when they read they don't understand, if they understand they wont rationate it b4 ranting. For a country that experienced d brute ruler ship of a man for 2 yrs with mass disengagement of workers n bridge of fundamental human rights calling him to come back n rule them tells Nigeria is a lost cause- though some were not born yet at d time n some were too small to understand governance. This elite generals n co that made useless our education system really knew what they were doing that the citizens warped brains will demand they come back. How I wish somehow buhari could b given a yr as president so they'll c d decadence he'll bring in economically but on d other hand don't trust a despot with a year!
All said God will not allow someone who in a rational society should b in jail for past offences committed to come rule nigeria
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2014
Demdem:

Let me try to break this down to you and others who may be getting unnecessarily excited about this TRADE-IN.

a) Assuming you are going to spend N600 million on repairs and maintenance of the current jet over the next 4 years.

b) Assuming you have the option doing a TRADE-IN now for N400 million and reduced repairs & maintenance on the brand new, more fuel efficient jet of say N80 million over the next 4 years.

Will it not make better financial management sense for the lean AUSTERE times to take option (b) for a net savings of N120 million

I have simply made assumptions to simplify the issues that the decision makers could have taken into consideration.
It is over to our NASS representatives and senators to verify those details BEFORE approving this aspect of the budget.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by 100Cents: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2014
I don't trust this country or any of its leaders..
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 9:19am On Dec 24, 2014
100Cents:
I don't trust this country or any of its leaders..

.........including yourself, relations & friends shocked
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by musaffyan(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2014
A palm wine tapper DAT has no shoes,wat Nigerians would have expected from a person.

STUPID KEGGITE (4 CAMPUS)
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by 100Cents: 9:23am On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

.........including yourself, relations & friends shocked

A presidential jet cannot be less than a $40m (N8bn) gulfstream business jet. Now N400m(the advance payment) is mentioned to deceive the feeble minded.

Laughing at the understanding of some readers..

I trust only God. I am subject to mistakes( actions with unknown results ).
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Demdem(m): 9:24am On Dec 24, 2014
[s]
anonimi:

Let me try to break this down to you and others who may be getting unnecessarily excited about this TRADE-IN.

a) Assuming you are going to spend N600 million on repairs and maintenance of the current jet over the next 4 years.

b) Assuming you have the option doing a TRADE-IN now for N400 million and reduced repairs & maintenance on the brand new, more fuel efficient jet of say N80 million over the next 4 years.

Will it not make better financial management sense for the lean AUSTERE times to take option (b)

I have simply made assumptions to simplify the issues that the decision makers could have taken into consideration.
It is over to our NASS representatives and senators to verify those details BEFORE approving this aspect of the budget.
[/s]

Again fool, u simply do not get it.
Does it make sense for ur govt to have 7,8,9 etc jets during austerity?
Which country all over the world is such done? What they do is sell off to avoid exorbitant cost of maintenance.
We need no trade in but complete sell off.
Anything after 4 jets (which itself is even too much) is a complete waste.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by betterabia: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2014
yet they've not paid pensioners in Abia State

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Firefire(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2014
sebali:

Ma goodness.
I finally read a non biased comment abt GEJ 4rm u.
There is hope

We need to be patriotic and follow our conscience in a matter that affect Nigeria progress. This you don't find in the opposition party undecided

I pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful loyal and honest, to defend her unity...

Nigeria does not need another Presidential Jet., we even need to reduce the current numbers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal / Thug With Charm Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Anambra (Photos) / Now That Stephanie Otobo's Mother Has Exposed Her Daughter By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.