Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? (11528 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by babestell(f): 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
With the increasing rate of divorce nowadays, it will soon become a norm for women to keep their surname. One less hassle after the divorce

Anyway depends on the couple......to each their own, don't judge others by your standards especially when u are not feeding them

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
What's all this fuse about a name? If you don't want the dude's name, then leave him for someone that wants him and his name, some fights aren't worth it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by charles316: 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
babestell:
With the increasing rate of divorce nowadays, it will soon become a norm for women to keep their surname. One less hassle after the divorce

Anyway depends on the couple......to each their own, don't judge others by your standards especially when u are not feeding them

With the increasing rate of divorce, a time will come When guys won't need to waste millions of naira on weddings. Afterall the marriage can end anytime.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by charles316: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
@ Cococandy

I guess Chimamanda is your role model. When you Got married few months ago,Why did you adopt your husband's name? Why did you not follow your role model s way of keeping her name? Why do you girls come to nairaland to show so much of toothless aggression.

Practice What you preach. Any mumu girl that listens to you toothless aggressors will be misguided.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Chomzy19(f): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
iykedare:

Firstly, beyounce is more of a role model than Chimamanda. So you think it is anyone s prerogative to follow the western custom and you lots are the same people that are against African men who according to African tradition chose to marry more than one wife. You want African men to follow western culture of one man,one wife.

You feminists are clowns.

you are the clown, d biggest I've seen so far "Beyonce is more of a role model than Chimamanda"? Role model in what exactly? Every educated n intelligent person chooses what is best for them. They re nt following in the footsteps of either Beyonce or Chimamanda. So deciding to take up ur husband's name or continue with ur own name or the both depends on the individual, don't come n talk trash like 'are u better than Beyonce' give ur points if u have any, I'm sure u don't anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by cococandy(f): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
charles316:
@ Cococandy

I guess Chimamanda is your role model. When you Got married few months ago,Why did you adopt your husband's name? Why did you not follow your role model s way of keeping her name? Why do you girls come to nairaland to show so much of toothless aggression.

Practice What you preach. Any mumu girl that listens to you toothless aggressors will be misguided.
You're the mumu who doesn't read to comprehend. Where did I tell anyone what to do?

My post simply questions those who thing Beyoncé is a better role model compared to chinamnanda.

Dafties everywhere. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
I'm not a celebrity and ain't planning to be....

If i get married, i'll keep answering my surname. So? grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
byvan:
What's all this fuse about a name? If you don't want the dude's name, then leave him for someone that wants him and his name, some fights aren't worth it.
Same way they should leave us for guys that know what we want and doesn't care about any name we answer. wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by charles316: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
cococandy:

You're the mumu who doesn't read to comprehend. Where did I tell anyone what to do?
My post simply questions those who thing Beyoncé is a better role model compared to chinamnanda.
cococandy:

Your husband is the biggest mumu there is. Is this the way you badmouth the silly guy?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by cococandy(f): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
undecided
Foools everywhere

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by bukatyne(f): 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
Depends on religion, preference and agreement.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by charles316: 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
cococandy:
undecided
Foools everywhere

Your husband is the fool.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by lilmax(m): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
Chimamanda? A role model? Smh..... A role model said gals are not supposed to close their legs, and that's what I call stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by lilmax(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
bukatyne:
Depends on religion, preference and agreement.
religion? How?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by bukatyne(f): 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
lilmax:
religion? How?

Muslim women don't change their surnames
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by An0nimus: 12:02am On Dec 26, 2014
Its fast how this thread derailed undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 26, 2014
its not compulsory. i didnt change mine
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by babestell(f): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2014
charles316:

With the increasing rate of divorce, a time will come When guys won't need to waste millions of naira on weddings. Afterall the marriage can end anytime.

Even thohgh you made this reply in antagonism, I have to agree with you

Society and its norms as we know it will change drastically in the next 50 years. Very soon name changing and divorce won't be issues.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by sundoj08(m): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2014
cococandy:

Nicki Minaj and Amber Rose are also role models.
Haven't you heard?

exactly, one can choose anybody to be his or her role model.. Whats the big deal, its a choice
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by sundoj08(m): 8:37am On Dec 26, 2014
cococandy:
undecided
Foools everywhere
lol obviously
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 26, 2014
For a typical NL guy its compulsory because thats all he can offer to his wife grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2014
lilmax:
Chimamanda? A role model? Smh..... A role model said gals are not supposed to close their legs, and that's what I call stupidity
Why cant you focus on your own legs and let others focus on theirs. undecided or did they send you to stop minding your own business and focus on theirs? angry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by tpia0003: 9:40am On Dec 26, 2014
how does the matter concern me?

will it give me some of the national cake and oil money you people are sharing?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by tpia0003: 9:40am On Dec 26, 2014
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by lilmax(m): 9:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Mondisweets:
Why cant you focus on your own legs and let others focus on theirs. undecided or did they send you to stop minding your own business and focus on theirs angry
i know you endorsed it,at least I'm saying the truth .....if you like give your daughter that kind of advice all in the name of equality
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2014
lilmax:
i know you endorsed it,at least I'm saying the truth .....if you like give your daughter that kind of advice all in the name of equality
Chimamanda got herself an American Doctor with that her "wide mouth" what do u have to offer? angry grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by lilmax(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
Mondisweets:
Chimamanda got herself an American Doctor with that her "wide mouth" what do u have to offer? angry grin tongue
what you and the stupid Chimamanda aka "wide mouth " don't have angry grin and wetin concern me with her husband? aka the "weakling " grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2014
lilmax:
what you and the stupid Chimamanda aka "wide mouth " don't have angry grin and wetin concern me with her husband? aka the "weakling " grin
You cant mention anything sensible... Exactly what i expected grin until you have something better to offer the world, why don't you sit down and close your wide mouth grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by lilmax(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2014
Mondisweets:
You cant mention anything sensible... Exactly what i expected grin until you have something better to offer the world, why don't you sit down and close your wide mouth grin
grin grin and the one thing you have to offer is opening your legs, sit like boys because your god aka wide mouth told you to do so......or am I wrong? grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Wendy80(f): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2014
If u can't bear a man's name then stay single. Its as simple as that. No be force but if hubby isn't bothered, fine and good. If he is no point causing wahala where des none.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2014
so na men vs women 4 this thread
*watching in 5D*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / T / When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.