Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project (27743 Views)

FFK Reacts To Kano Bomb Blast, Tacitly Attacks Buhari / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by inspbado(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
The more reason why we must vote buhari in southwest come 2015, so that he can come and right the wrong he did to us back then!!! wink ps: what has gej done to better southwest and by extension, the lot of Nigerians as a whole(not his greedy cronies)? Merely stating the bad side of buhari and not telling us the good thing gej has done doesn't work for me at all ooo!

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:
Akinjide Attacks Buhari for Truncating Lagos Metroline Project!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akinjide-attacks-buhari-for-truncating-lagos-metroline-project/197960/

The hype about Buhari is his past records.
This too is part of it.

And "progressives", before you shout "propaganda", please put a call to your vision-less, clueless, myopic and bigotic messiah and ask him why he canceled it.

To all real Progressives, please keep the light burning!
Keep educating th gullible.
Victory is assured.
Let us consolidate the powerful gains of the las four years.

And please, don't get into any fight with any "progressive".

It is pointless, arguing with the blind about the colour of an electric bulb.
Cheers to all.

The project would have involved a $60million loan.....which Nigeria could not afford because our economy was broke thanks to 1) the oil price drop of 1982 and 2) Shagari and friends.

Infact...taking a loan then would ahve come back to bite us in the rear later.....

In 1985....IBB rejected a IMF loan. While IBB is not on my list of favourite people....that was a good decision.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by anonimi: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
kayzdekor:
I believe that was then ( military regime) where citizens have no say in govt. Must it always be PDP can't we have a taste of another party... Am not saying APC is d messiah but other party shld be chance, are we practicing one party sysem? We need a change of party and power

Let me re-write that slightly:

Must it always be the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC can't we have a taste of another party...
Am not saying PDP is d messiah but other party shld be chance, are we practicing one party one man sysem?

Is this not TRUE for Lagos state where Tinubu has held everyone hostage to his GREED for almost 16 years

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
kayzdekor:
I believe that was then ( military regime) where citizens have no say in govt. Must it always be PDP can't we have a taste of another party... Am not saying APC is d messiah but other party shld be chance, are we practicing one party sysem? We need a change of party and power

APC should have given us a good aand better alternative!

Not one of the dark spots in our history.
It is not change for the sake of it.

5 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by jeje123(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Madam jumoke u are talking abt someone's past tomorow anoda person will talk abt ur own like we Nigerians remember how ur father denied us having international Airport in Oyo state Ibadan state capital cos of his selfies interest! History will surely speak louder wen its time.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
Gmb already gave cogent reasons 4 dat! NB-ur dad denied nig. it's best presidential material(Awolowo) ...Gmb till "STEALING IS CORRUPTION"! #change2015

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by ogene007: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
WIZGUY69:
[size=24]when did akinjide become a politician? and which party does she belongs? and how much did her boss pay her?[/size]
shocked
Your question is immaterial, kindly react to the issues raised by the respected Madam. It is for people like you, who don't learn from history that history repeats itself. GMB supporters are desperately defending the indefensible. How can a man who speaks from both sides of the mouth claim to have credibility. When GMB talks to his hausa/fulani in the north, he advocates ethnic and religious hatred because that is what his audience identify with, when he comes to the south, he'll be preaching national unity, anti-corruption, integrity, because he knows that such a message is what sells to some of the naive voters in the southwest. We will never pitch our tent with such a dubious individual. GEJ till 2019.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
homesteady:
Is it really true? shocked shocked

It is in the public domain.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Kingsimmer(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
donbrowser:

Yes we'll give him another chance to kill a member of your relative who is a youth corper. DEAL?

hey !!!dickhead, watch ur twisted tongue
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by babeface3: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
But truth be told, I am not Buhari's fan. No true leader will allow metro project in the face the gory state of power in Nigeria. How can you talk of Metro without tackling electricity problems, do you want to commit genocide. The accident on metro with unsteady electricity will be disastrous. I am in for Jonathan but this is not a minus for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by major466(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kenai:

This still won't fly.
The project was to cost N600million. If Buhari really cared about debt and funds, why did he cancel the project and then opt to pay N500million for breach of contract?
Wonders shall never end. The same project today will cost billions of dollars. Buhari has no business running for President.

5 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by victorazy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
2tek:
Funny but true.
in NIGERIA
Vice President -North.
Senate President -North
Speaker House of Reps - North.
PDP National Chairman - North.
Head of Service - North.
INEC Chairman - North.
Inspector General of Police - North.
Chief Justice of federation - North.
President Court of Appeal - North.
EFCC Chairman - North.
President Federal high court - North.
National Security Adviser - North.
Chief of Defense Staff - North.
Chief of Naval Staff - North.
Controller, Customs
Service - North.
Defence Minister-North.
Education Minister- North.
MD Port Authority- North.
MD NDIC - North
Controller Prison Services - North.
richest man in africa - North.
85% of Petroleum Marketers in Nigeria - Northerners.
80% of Oil Block Owners in Nigeria - Northerners.
99% of beggars in Nigeria - Northerners
99% of Boko Haram and their sympathizers- North.
The region that wants power by fire by force - North.
The region that has ruled Nigeria for the longest years 38years - North
Yet, the Poorest states in Nigeria and Educationally
backward areas in Nigeria are in the North. Now, ask yourself, what is the problem of the Northerners? Keep forwarding till it get to all their leaders may be they will have to re-think....
CAN YOU IMAGINE? ?
FEAR NORTH

Fear north grin

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Eziachi: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kenai:

This still won't fly.
The project was to cost N600million. If Buhari really cared about debt and funds, why did he cancel the project and then opt to pay N500million for breach of contract?
Stop spreading lies or just that you enjoyed spreading ignorant. They paid nothing, that is why the likes of Thatcher hated them because many British companies like Costain was involved in the proposed project and also the government proposal that all foreign firms doing contracts should keep a certain percentage of their profit in Nigeria.
When Buhari left power, why didn't subsequent government revives it, if he was the clog? Ask your self that question.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Atigba: 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
kayzdekor:
We don't need change of party
We need a credible and visionary and sound to rule Nigeria
Certainly not that evil man called buhari

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by oshyno(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
I wud av 4given this man Buhari if he just cancelled the project. At least we wud or rather he cud sight the high inflation rate, or high debt nigeria had that time as claimed by his fans. But to pay a whooping $500m fine and forfeit $60m already paid smacks of pure hatred and zero economic sense.

This man Buhari that behaves like he can't hurt a fly is a sadist.stoping a laudable project like that just soo that southwest will be less developed like d North is beyond me.

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by BabaAra2(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
Do I expect anything better from the Akinjides? The family has benefited from all corrupt governments including Abacha.

All propaganda against the man GMB is free publicity because as you try to paint in black we search further and see more good about him.

He stopped the project for economic reasons and didn't pay any fine of $500m.

People should learn to do research before applauding attacks on GMB by rogues employed by GEJ.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by flexing11(m): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
aki*jide keep quiet,,,,i saii keep quiet,,were u de* ever si*ce; *ow muc* ur master give u?it is bu*ari all de waiii,
de tur*arou*d must come,
sai bu*ari2015,
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
BabaAra2:
Do I expect anything better from the Akinjides? The family has benefited from all corrupt governments including Abacha.

All propaganda against the man GMB is free publicity because as you try to paint in black we search further and see more good about him.

He stopped the project for economic reasons and didn't pay any fine of $500m.

People should learn to do research before applauding attacks on GMB by rogues employed by GEJ.

Let Buhari sue for damages if you think this is a propaganda.

Let us take a bet, if Buhari ever sues for damages and wins the case, I will donate to his campaigns.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
Eziachi:

Who in their right mind will borrow $450m and pay over 100% interest on it?
From the OP:

$450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years

So which is which?

You also claimed Buhari paid no penalties. Are you sure of this, or just trying to muddle up facts?

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Eziachi: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
major466:

Wonders shall never end. The same project today will cost billions of dollars. Buhari has no business running for President.
So because Ferrari cost a fraction of what it costs today in figures, your parents should have treated themselves buying one instead of using the money to educate you. And now Ferrari cost much.
Only a fool will borrow even a single penny more when you are already deep neck in debt and creditors knocking at your door, people losing their jobs because there are no money, workers are owed months of salaries in arrears by both the deposed federal and state governments.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Amoshie:
Politics is a game of no rules where your opponent is allowed to score you from an offside position. Going back to history to scoop unfounded allegations smh. Nigeria SAI BUHARI

Unfounded allegations?
Even if they show the contract papers and the decree that stopped it, you wont still believe.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by BabaAra2(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:

Let us take a bet, if Buhari ever sues for damages and wins the case, I will donate to his campaigns.

She is too small to get GMB's attention. Her father should come out instead.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by ndcide(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
I challenge Buhari to respond to this.

Buhari himself not his sycophants cheering him.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:

This is the umpteenth time I have heard this accusation. I am yet to hear or read a refutation by Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by segnys007(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
anonimi:

- Where is the Ore-Benin road?
- Where is the Ibadan-Lagoes express road?
- Where is Osogbo where "Engineer" Aregbesola has been offering "free" rides on revived trains?
- Where is Lagos where air conditioned trains were introduced to ease traffic congestion?
- Who wanted to make our daughter #4 person in Nigeria as Speaker HoR before Ogbeni Ojuyobo sold out to his slave masters
- Adesina (Agric) and Aganga (Industries) are two key performing Ministers of this federal administration, and they are from which region again?

Is there something else specifically that you want Jonathan to have "done for the southwest region"?
Kindly share with us.
Thanks
<--- you called this development? in four years?? you doing him more disservice by posting C. R. A. ps like this in my opinion . how someone could call revamping trains "development' is beyond me. we are in the 21st century!! we are talking about A PRESIDENT NOT A LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMAN!
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
sunayo:

What is blackmail in this? Google is your friend my dear. Buhari's past is haunting him. Only people who are not conversant with his antecedent or those blinded by their political ambition will vote for him.

we will vote for him the same way we voted for the incumbent when he came up with 'his no shoes campaign strategy. I trekked from Satellite town to Festac to vote for him and what did we get?

change is all we need.
sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Housing:
The project was cancelled simply because all foreign loans were cancelled by Buhari government as he was committed to paying debts and not to incur another one. The metro line project was to be financed by foreign loan.
So how is the one currently being built by Lagos state govt financed? With your testis?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by anonimi: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
segnys007:
<--- you called this development? in four years?? you doing him more disservice by posting C. R. A. ps like this in my opinion

I am waiting for the poster to reply on what else s/he specifically wants Jonathan to have done for the southwest region.

Are you able to respond on her behalf or what
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by KingTom(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
yungcyrus:
Buhari go to Asylum puleess!

GEJ till mikel obi win African best
Na till all of us die be that grin

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by anonimi: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
So how is the one currently being built by Lagos state govt financed? With your testis?

Wow that hurts grin cheesy
It is what is called hitting below the belt in boxing, I believe.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PassingShot(m): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
ogene007:

Your question is immaterial, kindly react to the issues raised by the respected Madam. It is for people like you, who don't learn from history that history repeats itself. GMB supporters are desperately defending the indefensible. How can a man who speaks from both sides of the mouth claim to have credibility. When GMB talks to his hausa/fulani in the north, he advocates ethnic and religious hatred because that is what his audience identify with, when he comes to the south, he'll be preaching national unity, anti-corruption, integrity, because he knows that such a message is what sells to some of the naive voters in the southwest. We will never pitch our tent with such a dubious individual. GEJ till 2019.

You call Akinjide a "respected madam"?

Put GMB worst mistakes side by side with that of GEJ's.

Also put GMB's achievement as Head of State and PTF Chairman side by side with GEJ's

Come up with who is better as our president.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by nnachukz(m): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
At least GEJ has never stopped any region from developing on her own. A state used her hard earned money to finance a project which she has already paid half of the amount agreed only for one niggar from the north to come and cancel the project and paid full amount of project as penalty. What a hatred. Hmmm my vote dey with me abeg.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Youths Attack Shitte Members In Kaduna After Friday Prayers (Photos) / Soludo: Secondus Mocks APC Over Anambra Defeat / Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.