Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP (28090 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: APC Can No Longer Fulfill Its Promises - Lai Mohammed / BREAKING NEWS: APC Can No Longer Fulfill Its Promises - Lai Mohammed / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by todayguest(m): 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
richybanky:
Certificate or No Certificate, am casting my vote for GMB so haters keep on hating tongue
GMB for president
"Buhari supporters are riff-raffs" Sheikh Gummi.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by Forwetinnah: 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
datribune:

Heheheheh as an educated person u should know dat if he didn't institute sharia when he was maximum ruler he can not do it as a civilian president.
His brilliant performance while he held public office is d reason why many yrs after & inspite of one of d most vicious media attacks knowledgeable people wit a sense of history revere d General very highly & yearn 4 his return. Buhari took over nigeria in d worst economic recession in our history. d thieving politicians of d NPN d ancestor of d current PDP looted d nation to bankruptcy to d extent dat no one would borrow d heavily indebted Nigeria any more money. There was no food, no money. Soap, milk, sugar etc popularly called essential commodities disappeared from d shelves just like in Zimbabwe. d federal govt could not pay staff salaries. Few states were able to apply d IMO FORMULA - (half salary) pioneered by Kalu Idika Kalu d then Imo state comm 4 finance. Multinationals like kingsway, UTC, PZ etc left d country. Daily more people became unemployed. In short d economy collapsed.
When GMB took over he paid a huge part of d external debt incurred by d thieving politicians, d rest of which OBJ paid recently . He rejected d IMF loan & its slavish conditionalities. He refused to devalue d naira & thru economic ingenuity he kept d inflationary rate between 3-5% & d exchange rate at $1 to 1 naira. He reversed d rot of d Shagari years & made d economy & d country buoyant again.
We need a leader. To me, dis election is a referendum on performance while in govt office, GMB has proved himself & he has my vote.
I voted GEJ in 2011 but I can not in good conscience vote him now. SAI BUHARI

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by Bigchief46(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
My word of advice to APC faithful is to take this crises seriously instead of the frivolity I see them displaying on this forum. Yes it is a serious crises. You gain nothing by cursing the PDP or Jonathan because they have no hand in this issue; it is a Constitutional matter and not to be joked with. Those saying this issue is rubbish and they will still vote GMB should note that he may not be on the ballot if the needful is not done or even if he is; his candidacy may be subsequently invalidated and heavens will not fall. Don't joke with the PDP; as we speak they are probably already quietly putting their strategy in place; in a game as dicey and important as this, you don't leave unnecessary loopholes. What are the facts?
(1) The Constitution has laid down a Minimum qualification to contest. That qualification is Secondary School Certificate or Equivalent. It is the Constitution that requires this not PDP or "Jonathanians"; so frothing at the mouth & cursing "corrupt" PDP sympathizes is really an exercise in futility and idiotic. The EVIDENCE of any educational qualification or its EQUIVALENT is the Certificate. Note, we are dealing with Constitution here; hence law. In law Evidence is EVERYTHING. A Court of Law looks at nothing else other than "the evidence before it". For instance, no one doubts that Fashola is a Senior Advicate of Nigeria (SAN) and this is general Knowledge but if that issue becomes subject of dispute tomorrow, the Court will not rule based on the general and accepted knowledge but on the evidence before it, which is the SAN certificate or any other acceptable evidence of the conferment. Even if the Judge was present at the conferment but Fashola fails to present acceptable evidence, the Judge is blue to hold that no such evidence of conferment of SAN on Fashola was adduced before it and reach a decision accordingly.
(2) The Constitution having prescribed a minimum Qualification, it is the duty of a Candidate to procure evidence before INEC that s/he meets such qualification. It is not the duty of INEC or the Army to enter the arena of conflict and start canvassing whether someone is qualified or not; I am therefore amazed at the mindless curses being rained on INEC & the Army. It is the sole duty of GMB to produce evidence that he meets the minimum requirements; if he does not provide such evidence or procure CREDIBLE evidence why he could not, then the presumption in law is that he does not satisfy the Constitutional requirements to contest the election & so there is the very real danger and possibility of his being disqualified either before or after the election. As an aside those saying PDP and their supporters should go to Court or go hug a transformer, etc should know that PDP has gifted strategists; PDP that I know will prefer not to do anything now until the period for substitution of candidates has elapsed this leaving APC with no VALID candidate; if the act too soon, APC may recognize the danger, persuade GMB to resign and substitute him with another candidate who can still give PDP a stiff fight.
(3) APC supporters have made several very weak arguments that are childish. They claim that GMBH has attended several top Military Schools and courses some of whose certificates are equivalent to Master's Degree. The problem is that GMB did not refer to any of these in his affidavit. What people claim on social media has absolutely no bearing on the evidence required. All that GMB said is that ALL his credentials are with the Military Board without even listing what they are. So for all we know it could be only his nusery school certificate or FSLC that is with the Military. He ought to have listed all his qualifications I the Affidavit and specify those which are equivalent to or above the minimum required but that was not done. Whatever he says he has was averted to be with the Military. But the Military has issued a statement denying that they keep the originals of any officers' certificates. They say that what they have is service records and that in any event anyone who wants to obtain a copy of what they have can apply and they would oblige. The BIG question is: if GMB indeed has any certificates in possession of the Military from which he retired about 30 years ago, why did he not apply t have at least the copy? And if they refused to oblige him that fact would be averred in his affidavit? Is it conceivable that anyone submits his originals to his employers? Why is it that of the thousands of other officers that have served and still serving in the Military, it is only GMB whose original certificates were retained by the Military since all others affirm that they have always had theirs? Note also that the Military statement did not refer specifically to GMB; they only spoke in General terms to the effect that: they do not retain any officer's original certificates but that they have service records of all officers and that they can supply copies of WHAT THEY HAVE upon application. So if the required certificates of GMB never existed and is not with them, how does this statement help GMB. Thus if all they have is FSLC for instance, it is only that copy they can give upon application. It does not also help when GMB's supporters ask how he could have attained all the lofty positions he held and be Head of State if he did not have minimum of School Certificate, etc. A Court does not deal with speculation; that is common knowledge. As stated earlier, a Court is interested only in EVIDENCE. That evidence must first be presented to INEC under the electoral laws not to Nairaland or other body; and so if at the close of the stipulated period, evidence of GMB having attained the minimum qualification is not before INEC, then he is standing on very slippery grounds. I say this in case he has the Certificate but he is holding on to it to produce at his leisure. There are strict legal regulations as to form, whom, when and how the evidence is to be adduced. Don't joke with technicalities of law and believe me, a huge Legal battle is already shaping up and it won't look good for GMB and APC.
(3) Statements by Dr. Abayomi and others on behalf of APC are not helpful; they seem not to appreciate the gravity of the matter. Moreover, the very regrettable analogy of someone who raped a teacher's daughter and thus expelled and stopped from taking the certification exams is very unfortunate on such issue of National importance. Also, Dr. Abayomi's asssertion that certificates are not necessary to prove academic qualifications left me dazed and my jaw hit the floor and stayed there for several minutes. If this is the quality of Legal and other Advice GMB receives, then he is in deep trouble. It is incredible that Dr. Abayomi who claimed that they issued GMB with a Certificate of Clearance after they screened him now turns around to tell us that certificates are not required under the Law to prove qualification.
(4) Self deceit is a big problem. Any APC supporter who does not see the looming danger and treat it with the seriousness it deserves is simply living in blissful ignorance [color=#990000][/color]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by richybanky(m): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
todayguest:
"Buhari supporters are riff-raffs" Sheikh Gummi.
I don't belong to any political party Mr Man, am just after a good governance which d present administration lack.. If u said Buhari supporters ar riff-raffs wat will u call Jonathan supporters
@bolded wats d meaning of dat

1 Like

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by PureNigerian: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
gboss4sure:

Read what you wrote again and see if you are making any sense

What he is saying is GEJ is dumber than an illitrate

1 Like

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by kunlesehan(m): 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
stevolinkon40:
I find it hard to decode your choice for 2015 presidency
lol
these days rather than cast VOTE I think it's wiser to just give VOTE of thanks most weekends.
The former is inconsequential for now while the latter oils my pocket every other day.
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by rexzqcom(m): 10:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Some are saying our educated phd holder is a disappointment, they will rather entrust the future of our nation to an illiterate. Which is analogous to saying that, a one eye person drives poorly, a totally blind person will drive better. Come on folks.

Granted, Jonathan is not the best example of the brilliance our academic institutions and citizens are renowned for world wide. Making the best of a bad situation of the cards on the deck, require we vote Jonathan.

Even the so much acclaimed Buharis' attractions we now know weren't his personal attributes, but of his brilliant educated subordinate (Idiagbon). He delegated all his responsibilities of governance, while busy hiding his personal and intellectual inadequacies. We can do better than that.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by BigB11(m): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by datribune: 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Ok nah
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by HzRF(m): 1:21am On Jan 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
BESIDES, MOST OF OUR LEADERS especially from the North are certified ILLITERATES. so it's no big deal, It has been happening for ages, All APC want is 12 million votes from the north.
God bless you
Buahri votes in 2011 and thirst to rule Nigeria is d reason why APC was formulated

I clearly knw that of buahri votes was like that of ribadu... They won't merge

1 Like

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by Agukagu(m): 3:59am On Jan 06, 2015
swezenberg:

But he has ruled you and your parents before and then naira was very strong against the dollar, we had three functioning refineries, zero tolerance for corruption and Nigeria was not divided as it is now.

I want an 'illiterate' with literate brain and not 'literate' with illiterate brain

Can you see your life. GMB ruled your parents, ruled you and now wants to rule your children and perhaps your grand children. If APC is hell bent on returning power to the north why not get us an educated candidate. Why field a senile illiterate to lead a country where there are millions of graduates. The rot in our government establishments like PHCN, Railways, NPA, NNPC Customs, Army etc is as a result of having unqualified northerners manning the saddle. When the former COAS tried re-jigging the army to be merit driven he was accused of pursuing Igbo agenda. In other words Nigerian agenda is to have unqualified northerners at the helm of affairs. I am embarrassed that someone without O'Level certificate can become a general in Nigerian Army. Why won't the country be moving from bad to worse when we keep condoning mediocrity. It is time we do away with quota system and run a merit driven system. GEJ is not the best for Nigeria but the opposition is not giving us a credible alternative. GEJ till GMB goes to school.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by todayguest(m): 5:06am On Jan 06, 2015
richybanky:

I don't belong to any political party Mr Man, am just after a good governance which d present administration lack.. If u said Buhari supporters ar riff-raffs wat will u call Jonathan supporters
@bolded wats d meaning of dat
a renowned Islamic scholar and preacher based in Kaduna.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by richybanky(m): 6:21am On Jan 06, 2015
todayguest:
a renowned Islamic scholar and preacher based in Kaduna.
Bt wat does it have to do with my comments? lipsrsealed
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by sonssyo: 6:24am On Jan 06, 2015
SleekyGee:
keep beefing
rubbish talk, jona is a Ph.d holder yet the country lacks security let the retired commander come and show him how to do it

at his age, approachg grave ni, dis country dnt need anyy of d two,dey need six geo political integration. what happend wen dis pple ruled before. naija politics is funny, u fink pple investg money under apc and pdp wont recoup dre investment? abi na free
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by uariko(m): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2015
Those who claimed that Buhari is an illiterate
supposed to use their brain. Which illiterate goes
US war College. There are many High School
graduates in the United States who cannot make it
to US Army War College. This institution is at the
same level with a very respectable University in
the United States. Tell me which illiterate in
Nigeria will qualified to enter US Army war College
without brain. If GEJ with his Ph.D tries to get in he
might not succeed. Let alone an illiterate. Check
under international fellows his name is engraved
in that cast number 4.
Nigerians, use your heads not your anus. Let us
focus on the real issues that has eaten deep into
Nigeria bone marrow. It is absurd that GEJ thinks
Nigerians will buy the idea that Buhari is an
illiterate. GEJ with his Ph.D, Buhari is smarter than
him.
Let's b sincerely.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 06, 2015
Parasitic:
Pdp is loosing it. Talk is cheap!!! Like my post if you want GEJ to win presidential..
poor boys begging for likes since the day Eve deceived Adam....GEJ till 2019......a known terrorist/illiterate cannot rule Nigeria.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by swezenberg(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
Agukagu:

Can you see your life. GMB ruled your parents, ruled you and now wants to rule your children and perhaps your grand children. If APC is hell bent on returning power to the north why not get us an educated candidate. Why field a senile illiterate to lead a country where there are millions of graduates. The rot in our government establishments like PHCN, Railways, NPA, NNPC Customs, Army etc is as a result of having unqualified northerners manning the saddle. When the former COAS tried re-jigging the army to be merit driven he was accused of pursuing Igbo agenda. In other words Nigerian agenda is to have unqualified northerners at the helm of affairs. I am embarrassed that someone without O'Level certificate can become a general in Nigerian Army. Why won't the country be moving from bad to worse when we keep condoning mediocrity. It is time we do away with quota system and run a merit driven system. GEJ is not the best for Nigeria but the opposition is not giving us a credible alternative. GEJ till GMB goes to school.

So by your standard, it is GEJ that is literate. The fact that you don't know Buhari is more informed, educated and intelligent than your GEJ who could not take ordinary decision that a primary six pupil will take without blinking shows you know nothing about him and you are just acting on what you were told. I noticed your arguments are based on sentiments and since you are not aware that Buhari is well learned, I assume you are one of those kids that were born after the 80's with biased mind against the North. So you will never see anything good in Buhari no matter how evident it is to you that he's the better of the two candidates. Let me not waste my precious time on you. It is early Tuesday morning here in the States.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by Anglovel: 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
I think this is a matured response from PDP. However, we the electorates want to see Buhari’s Certificate if he wants our votes.

#BuhariShowYourCertificate please :-

STANDARD 7 CERTIFICATE........
WASC
GCE OL
DEGREE BA OR BSC
MA,MSC
PHD
NOT HONORARY PLS
NOT COURSE/SEMINAR/WORKSHOP CERTIFICATE PLS

QUOTA SYSTEM PROMOTION & APPOINTMENTS FINALLY CATCHING UP WTH D NORTHERNERS

SEE WHAT BORN TO RULE HAS CAUSED U NOW,

DIS IS 2015....GENUINE CERTIFICATES IS ALL WE WANT TO SEE

NOT TORONTO OR CHICAGO.....
NOT DAGBO FRM LAGOS OR ALKALI COURT AFFIDAVIT FRM DAURA DAT U WERE A PUPIL IN A NONEXISTENT SCHOOL.....

REMEMBER D INEC CHAIRMAN IS A PROF TRIED ND TESTED

PLUS MANY OVER QUALIFIED NAIJA GRADUATES.....
MY 73YR OLD MOM HAS STANDARD 7 CERTIFICATE FRM ZARIA AND U RE SUPPOSED TO BE MATES.....SO WHERE IS YOUR OWN STANDARD7?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by Agukagu(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
swezenberg:

So by your standard, it is GEJ that is literate. The fact that you don't know Buhari is more informed, educated and intelligent than your GEJ who could not take ordinary decision that a primary six pupil will take without blinking shows you know nothing about him and you are just acting on what you were told. I noticed your arguments are based on sentiments and since you are not aware that Buhari is well learned, I assume you are one of those kids that were born after the 80's with biased mind against the North. So you will never see anything good in Buhari no matter how evident it is to you that he's the better of the two candidates. Let me not waste my precious time on you. It is early Tuesday morning here in the States.

For your information I was already in the university during Buhari's brutal regime. I am therefore eminently qualified to give a sound assessment of GMB. Buhari was an iron fisted dictator that trampled on the rights of Nigerians. I am absolutely sure that he can not tolerate half of the insults meted to GEJ. Unfortunately many Nigerians sees brutality as strength but to me GMB was a weakling. The principal actor in his draconian government was brigadier Tunde Idiagbon. When IBB struck in 1985 coupe GMB was like a lame duck because Idiagbon was away to mecca on pilgrimage.

I am appalled that you do not know that the north leverages on quota system to the detriment of qualified Nigerians in virtually all federal establishments. Buhari joined the army when military is for school drop outs and never do wells. I will not be shocked if he does not have O'level certificate because even in my university days in the 80s some northern universities admit northerners with mock certificate on condition that they pass their GCE before graduating. Nigerian army those days are for blockheads especially the northerners who were admitted on quota basis. Please spare me the story GMBs intelligence because he doesn't have it. You live in USA, so you understand the level of intelligence in the military over there but that is not the case in Nigeria

On another hand I have a low opinion of anyone disparaging a PhD degree because I know the level of effort needed for a post graduate study. GMB because of his low literacy level will lack the capacity to understand economic indices and intricate diplomacies. Did you hear that he said he will stabilize oil price. You can not give what you do not have. Besides why should APC be fielding a senile candidate when there are vibrant people that can fit in the present dispensation. When I am in my 70s I will like to take the back stage while my son takes charge. Presently my parents look up to me for leadership. The change we yearn for is not in the past because the past can not be better than the future. You cannot look forward while still looking backward. GMB's past era is entirely a different setting and can not fit in democratic setting.
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by ruffp: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mr President(BSc,MSc,PhD), addressing the media on 29th Dec, 2014 after his meeting with IBB.

This is the end of the year...ehh new year is tomorrow and within this period people pay visits...
so first i come to visit him....of course you know he just came back from hospital abroad not too long ago....(incoherent).....since he came back we've not seen...(chuckles)....and i need to see my father, for that i would know how he is feeling and I'm quite pleased the way I've seen him.
First of course you all know that as a nation we are facing a lot of challenges...security challenges..ehh...all over,not just the north.....yes boko haram in the north, the south is not safe, commercial kidnapping...emm....robbery...................
Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by aresa: 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Burger01:
Illiterate or not, GMB for president 2015..

Haters and losers go and hangundecided

X 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 grin

#Change#GMB2015

1 Like

Re: APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP by aresa: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
[s]
Agukagu:

For your information I was already in the university during Buhari's brutal regime. I am therefore eminently qualified to give a sound assessment of GMB. Buhari was an iron fisted dictator that trampled on the rights of Nigerians. I am absolutely sure that he can not tolerate half of the insults meted to GEJ. Unfortunately many Nigerians sees brutality as strength but to me GMB was a weakling. The principal actor in his draconian government was brigadier Tunde Idiagbon. When IBB struck in 1985 coupe GMB was like a lame duck because Idiagbon was away to mecca on pilgrimage.

I am appalled that you do not know that the north leverages on quota system to the detriment of qualified Nigerians in virtually all federal establishments. Buhari joined the army when military is for school drop outs and never do wells. I will not be shocked if he does not have O'level certificate because even in my university days in the 80s some northern universities admit northerners with mock certificate on condition that they pass their GCE before graduating. Nigerian army those days are for blockheads especially the northerners who were admitted on quota basis. Please spare me the story GMBs intelligence because he doesn't have it. You live in USA, so you understand the level of intelligence in the military over there but that is not the case in Nigeria

On another hand I have a low opinion of anyone disparaging a PhD degree because I know the level of effort needed for a post graduate study. GMB because of his low literacy level will lack the capacity to understand economic indices and intricate diplomacies. Did you hear that he said he will stabilize oil price. You can not give what you do not have. Besides why should APC be fielding a senile candidate when there are vibrant people that can fit in the present dispensation. When I am in my 70s I will like to take the back stage while my son takes charge. Presently my parents look up to me for leadership. The change we yearn for is not in the past because the past can not be better than the future. You cannot look forward while still looking backward. GMB's past era is entirely a different setting and can not fit in democratic setting.
[/s]

Story Story Story.

This is 2015 and under your worthless and incompetent GEJ, Nigerians are widely divide, corruption is raging out of control thanks to your crooked and corrupt stealing is not corruption president, thousands of Nigerians have died, hundreds of thousands displaced, towns and villages destroyed, Nigeria is not territoriality complete because he lost almost an entire state to terrorists and there is institutional lawlessness from top to bottom...

Nigerians are sick and tired of your worthless president.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Death Of Stanley Nwabia / The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions / FG To Move Some Federal Ministries, Agencies Out Of Abuja City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.