Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41544 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:33am On Dec 20, 2008
ajadrage:

Someone would start mentioning the wars of cleansing in the old testament as evidence of the barbarity of the creator, but you forget that the ancient Israel nation was a tool in the hand of the Father to cleanse his land from the abominations that were perpetrated by these nations. Blood for blood, as they were wont to sacrifice human lives, so were their lives required of them by the almighty Justce. Yeah, in his own standards too, Jesus' life became a ransom for sinful and fallen man, thus we do not see further bloodshed from the times of Jesus.

And mind you, millions were not killed in the flood, just the armies of Pharoah when they attempted to harm God's people.

You are either confused, deluded, ignorant or all three.   Go read ya bible b4 you come back here.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:33am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

grin

He said thou shalt not kill yes you are very right.  
What is the consequence of killing another?
Selective reading once again.

Can you tell us?

Selective writing is the more appropriate statement, you don't expect me to be writing the entire bible for you here do you? Why do you ask me the question? you should know what it is? it is in your nature to always confuse and obsfucate issues my point stands that selective justice was applied and even disproportionate  justice IMO but you guys won't hear of it because it questions your belief in God.
But I'm sure you will be quick to point accusing fingers at Allah, Shiva, Krishna or any of the other religion's Gods if there was something like that in their own scriptures.
Hypocrites all of you and always selective in applying your principles.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ajadrage: 2:33am On Dec 20, 2008
Do you know that the Earth is dated to be billions of years old. Taking that into consideration, mankind is just a newbie in the scheme of things as he is no older than 50,000 years. Now, documented history is only about 6,000 years old. So when you take this into consideration, hthe time of the coming might well be thousands of years from today, but at the same time, it might as well be tonight. . .

Chris, morality is defined by bible standards. They cannot and are not exclusive, they go hand in hand.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:35am On Dec 20, 2008
n-guage:

I'll stop doubting if God brings my girl back.  cry cry
and if he brings back dat girl to u and she ends up making ur life a living hell,u will still blame dat same God for trying to punish u wouldnt u?

d problem some of u have is,not trying to find out the reason for somethings,and ur one way thinking.

for everything in life there is a reason,we all want things to work and go our own way,wtout finding out,if we r on d right track or if dat thing is truly ours

pity
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Oga david which one you dey na, you no want your boy to dey happy cheesy
Me I come here to vent sha plus its fun to interact with you guys abi person need letter from aso rock first
You never still answer me oh, morality and the bible are exclusive abi?

The bible has clearly defined principles . . . man tries to incorporate them but deny the Lordship of Jesus . . . they call it being moral.

hehehehe . . . being "moral" will get you earthly accolades but a first class seat in hell.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:35am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

Selective writing is the more appropriate statement, you don't expect me to be writing the entire bible for you here do you? Why do you ask me the question? you should know what it is? it is in your nature to always confuse and obsfucate issues my point stands that selective justice was applied and even disproportionate  justice IMO but you guys won't hear of it because it questions your belief in God.
But I'm sure you will be quick to point accusing fingers at Allah, Shiva, Krishna or any of the other religion's Gods if there was something like that in their own scriptures.

Why are you getting so upset and refusing to answer my questions?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:36am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

God bless you!!!

Read that Huxley they were not INNOCENT as you claim.

Even in todays science mad world an earthquake or flood where people die is seen as population control.
grin

Also deluded, are you.  You don't even know ya bible.  What a shame.  The flood story DOES NOT involve the pharoah armies.   That is the exodus narrative.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:37am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

You are either confused, deluded, ignorant or all three.   Go read ya bible before you come back here.

You are confusing Noah and Moses.

At least come with proper facts and statements.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:37am On Dec 20, 2008
Ajadrage,
That has got to be some serious bull you just posted, so an Omnipotent God choose that way as the best, he must be a pervert.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:38am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

another bogus nonsense.  
don't you equally interact with muslims?  

I also HAVE to interact with athiests . . . do you see me haranguing you every damn day? You don't interact with hindus or sango worshippers?

What is it about "interacting with us" that you must needs talk about the bible? Do we paste it on our foreheads and push the scriptures down your throat?

Pardon me, but I think that is a case of the frying pan calling the kettle black. Was it not one of you folks who started this thread? the earlier thread was about all religions but na una come start this one again.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ajadrage: 2:38am On Dec 20, 2008
Errmmm, Hux, thanks for the insult, but I got my Bible with me right now and it does not tell me that millions were killed when Pharoah attempted to harm God's people. But I take it that you mean the flood of Noah? What did these millions do that they deserved to be destroyed? Were they innocent of their judgement? The same judgement awaits all those who deny the relevance of the Father in these days. As those millions chose to disregard Noah's warning, are you sure that you are not placing yourself in their situation should the final day come upon mankind in these days?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:39am On Dec 20, 2008
ajadrage:

Do you know that the Earth is dated to be billions of years old. Taking that into consideration, mankind is just a newbie in the scheme of things as he is no older than 50,000 years. Now, documented history is only about 6,000 years old. So when you take this into consideration, hthe time of the coming might well be thousands of years from today, but at the same time, it might as well be tonight. . .

Chris, morality is defined by bible standards. They cannot and are not exclusive, they go hand in hand.

Let us examine the bible standard of morality:

Exodus 21:17  "Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.

Do you agree with the above injunction from the bible?  If not, why not?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:40am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Ajadrage,
That has got to be some serious bull you just posted, so an Omnipotent God choose that way as the best, he must be a pervert.

why unleash ur anger on we innocent xtians?go find d God and tell him to his face,infact na angel gabriel him go assign to u,make we see if u go fit talk

asinwere grin grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:42am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

you know d problem u atheists have?dwelling in and  arguing more wt d old testament,watever happend to d new testament?

u people don't have talks abeg
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:42am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

Why are you getting so upset and refusing to answer my questions?

I am not upset but I felt your question was an unnecessary one but if you insist on my answering it I do remember the bible saying something like an eye for an eye and whatever that means to you is my answer.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:43am On Dec 20, 2008
@david
Can you define morality for me as you see it please?
Would bill gates and other great charity givers have first class seats in hell?
@ajadrage
What are you even saying, me I say morally God, Moses,Joshua and his lot are war criminals they killed innocent people and I know deluded as you are you cannot see it.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:44am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

You are confusing Noah and Moses.

At least come with proper facts and statements.

No, I am not. I said the Flood, which is the event with Noah, NOT Moses. You guys are the ones who are confused .
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 20, 2008
i see the usual belligerence when your own folly is exposed.  grin

duduspace:

1. if it seems we confuse issues it is because you really dont understand the underlying issues you purport to discuss. You go online ferreting for contradictions in the bible, find one and start trumpeting around FORGETTING that there is more to the issue you talk about than meets the eye.

2. We wont here of your false charge of "selective justice" NOT because it questions our belief in God (what a funny idea) BUT because it holds no merit at all. If David had touched the ark he would have been struck dead instantly. Notice that when Uzzah was struck NO ONE ELSE dared venture to help the ark. Because they new the repercussion . . . Uzzah didnt.

duduspace:

funny thing is you NEVER point accusing fingers at theirs. Why? Could it be because your soul does not unconciously percieve them as a threat?

duduspace:

If only you wouldnt selectively read the bible.  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ajadrage: 2:48am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:
"Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.
Do you agree with the above injunction from the bible? If not, why not?

Were I to live in Moses's day when the law was the rule, I might have agreed with that statement, but that is the law and Jesus Christ as the fulfiller of the law taught a new covenant to guide God's people. Were Jesus to subscribe to the words of the law, he might have allowed the adultress to get stoned to death, but did he allow it? The answer is no because the spirit of the law is of more significance. That is why he emphasized this in his ministry on earth.

The new commandment is love and that is what God in his infinite wisdom endeavored to instill in the consciousness of his chosen people.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david
Can you define morality for me as you see it please?
Would bill gates and other great charity givers have first class seats in hell?

The bible is right before you . . he that believeth not on Jesus Christ is condemned already . . . no where in the bible is there space for those who give to charity. They and you can create your own special heaven . . . its not by force to enter ours.

huxley:

unfortunately this misses a whole gamut if issues.

1. why was the injunction given at all? to kill offenders or to promote respect for parents?

2. Can you find JUST ONE VERSE where this injunction was carried out?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:48am On Dec 20, 2008
busybein:

you know d problem u atheists have?dwelling in and  arguing more wt d old testament,watever happend to d new testament?

u people don't have talks abeg

Is the OT not the word of God?  By the way, Jesus wholeheartedly endorsed the OT. So who are you to disregard it?  This is Jesus speaking in Matt 5:

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

So can you advance an argument as to why Jesus seemed to endorse the OT and all the barbaric acts it advocates.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:49am On Dec 20, 2008
Huxley I thank God you are not a Christain.

Because the bible also tells us if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out.

Im sure if you were a Christian you'd have no limbs left.

huxley:

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:51am On Dec 20, 2008
Busybein,
Hehehehe me I am having fun oh, the God of the bible does not exist , I am just showing people how absurd it is to believe their God is merciful cheesy
So make we start na God said you should be put to death if you fail to obey the first set of commandments, tha dude is a monster!
@ajadrage
And God in his infinite wisdom did not know that love was supposed to exist from the onset, in his infinite wisdom he did not know keeping slaves was wrong, in his infinite wisdom he asked Joshua to kill achan's family.
Dude what are you saying?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 20, 2008
Huxley says Christ came to "endorse" the OT . . . i'm more convinced he doesnt understand the ministry of Jesus at all!  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Busybein,
Hehehehe me I am having fun oh, the God of the bible does not exist , I am just showing people how absurd it is to believe their God is merciful cheesy
So make we start na God said you should be put to death if you fail to obey the first set of commandments, tha dude is a monster!

by the words of thy mouth thou art condemned. grin I love the bible . . . it has answers to everything.

Chris Chris . . . the only sad thing is you'd be just one more wasted soul at the end of life's cruel journey.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:53am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

Is the OT not the word of God?  By the way, Jesus wholeheartedly endorsed the OT. So who are you to disregard it?  This is Jesus speaking in Matt 5:

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

So can you advance an argument as to why Jesus seemed to endorse the OT and all the barbaric acts it advocates.

hahahahahahhaa huxley huxley abeg no make me laff,u seem to have forgotten that dis same JESUS came wt so much grace and mercy wink

LadyT:

Huxley I thank God you are not a Christain.

Because the bible also tells us if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out.

I'm sure if you were a Christian you'd have no limbs left.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:54am On Dec 20, 2008
Good now you are coming with facts!

duduspace:

I am not upset but I felt your question was an unnecessary one but if you insist on my answering it I do remember the bible saying something like an eye for an eye and whatever that means to you is my answer.

Punishment must be equal to the crime.

Does an eye for an eye mean you must kill?

NO!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:54am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

Huxley says Christ came to "endorse" the OT . . . i'm more convinced he doesnt understand the ministry of Jesus at all!  grin

David,  Can you explain what Jesus meant by the narrative in Matt 5: 17-21, viz

In fact, Jesus was know to have made many similar statements, underlining the importance of the OT.  So, can you explain why Jesus said these things?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:55am On Dec 20, 2008
@david
If you and the OT God and Moses and all that will be there, I think my chances will be better with the likes of Ghandi.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:55am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Busybein,

the more u dey curse am,d more my love for HIM dey increase grin grin grin grin isnt dis same God important,the same God wey go make huxley and chris leave sleep to discuss him dis night abi mid morning grin grin grin

God is Good cool
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by chika98: 2:56am On Dec 20, 2008
People tend to not believe that which they cannot see which is why believing in God is all about having faith. Those of you that don't believe in God. . . no worries but don't say you never heard it. For those of us that know the truth. . the life after is more important than the life we live on earth. Nothing in life scares me more than the thought of going to hell for ETERNITY. Words cannot explain but i believe God will see us all through. Amen!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

David,  Can you explain what Jesus meant by the narrative in Matt 5: 17-21, viz

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; [size=15pt]I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.[/size] 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

In fact, Jesus was know to have made many similar statements, underlining the importance of the OT.  So, can you explain why Jesus said these things?

The explanation lies right before you but spiritually blind men fail to see it . . . i have enlarged it so you cant miss it.

What did Christ mean by "but to fulfill them"?

Did He come to enforce, within a 3 yr ministry, all that was recorded in the entire OT?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

"God Stopped Bullets From Entering My Body"; Man Attacked By Armed Robbers.PICS / "Worship Leaders Lie When They Lead Worship Songs" - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.